Chapter 15

Red Snow

To say that I was Happy was not even close to describing how I felt walking down the stairs, hand in hand with Xiumin. Since this morning my smile wouldn't fade and my heart wouldn't let me rest either. Just being near him had such an impact on my feelings. But I like it. We stopped as Xiumin tugged on my hand and brought me near him. He leaned down on my level and whispered to me " Are you nervous?". I nodded and stared at the ground. " Don't be. I'm here with you." He made me look up at him again and kissed my forehead. " Thanks." I smiled and hugged him before we kept on going down.

We decided that we should let the others know that we're " Official" and that made me really nervous. I know about Xiumins feelings for me but I keep thinking of things like " am I good enough to be his Mate?", " can I handle being with a Werewolf as a Witch?" or " do I even deserve to be a part of the Family that welcomed me and Lily with such warmth and understanding?". I was beyond nervous as we finally got down and saw everyone sitting in the living room and chatting happily together. I stopped and noticed that all were gathered together. The guys, Sooyeon-shi and Ilhoon, Yeri-shi with Inguk and her husband and another man that I didn't know. " Oh, hyung! Rose! You're finally up! We thought you would never make it out of bed- Ah! Suho, why did you hit me?!" The guys started laughing at Chens pain but also a little of the two dangerously red headed standing in front of them. " Noona! I've missed you!" Inguk came running at full speed at me as he crushed me with his warm hug. I fell on the floor, with him lying on me and started laughing at his cute pouting face. This kid really. I sat up and patted his head gently. " I missed you too, little one." He looked up at me with his blinding gummy smile and got up to run over to the unknown man. I stood up immediately and bowed to the man and the rest of the elders. " Oh, no need to be this polite honey!" Sooyeon-shi stood up from the sofa and waved me and Xiumin to come over. " Rose, this is Taeyang. Our sisters husband." " Nice to meet you, Rose. I heard a lot of good things about you." The man smiled warmly at me as he stretched out his hand to greet me. I took it and was surprised by his firm grip that obviously showed how strong he was but was also gentle. His figure is well build and with his short hair looks somehow intimidating but is definitely gone when he shows his eye smile. I smiled back and was then dragged to the sofa and placed between a curious pack of boys looking suspiciously at me. " So, are you and hyung...?" Baekhyun started carefully and I couldn't say a thing because of the heat that was going through my body fro the embarrassment and just nodded. The boys started cheering and some were teasing Xiumin who somehow beat himself through his brothers to sit beside me and wrap his arm protectively around my shoulders. I let myself relax at his touch and was smiling brightly at the dorks making a fuss out of this. " See. Wasn't so bad, right?" Xiumin whispered and I agreed with him. It went pretty well. Everyone was happy and Sooyeon-shi and Yeri-shi seemed to be way too excited about the news. " Oh god, finally! My eldest son found his Mate! Oh, Yeri! We have to let everyone know about this! Let's start with the Town and then we should plan the wedding and we have to make plans on who we invite and oh, yeah we have to also invite the Witches and maybe we can finally reunite again and-" " Whoa, chill Unni! What are you saying. They just started ok, don't make plans about marriage and such when they didn't even had the chance to get to know each other. Stop fangirling and let them decide how they will do things." Yeri tried hard to make Sooyeon-shi calm down as she just wouldn't stop making plans. I watched happily about how happy she was. Suddenly she turned around and stormed over to me. She pulled me up at once and hugged me lovingly. " Thank you. Thank you for willing to be with my son and be part of our Family." I felt her tears falling on my shoulder and I her back. " I'm happy to be with Xiumin and to be a part of your Family, Sooyeon.shi." I heard her laugh as she pushed herself of me and looked at me. " Don't call me Sooyeon-shi. We're going to be Family, so just call me mom." I was touched at her words and felt my eyes getting wet. " Yes, mom." With that she hugged me again and some cheering started again and I didn't even mind getting all the attention. We are Family after all.

Around noon, the living room seemed to calm down as the fact that me and Xiumin are together settled in and the kids, Lily and Inguk went to sleep for a bit from the exhausting events that occurred earlier. We were having small conversations, with Xiumin being glued to my side and playing with my hands, when a question came up. " Hey, Rose? As a Witch, you have a special ability, right?" I nodded at Chanyeol. " Then, what is yours?" " Yeah, we were curious to know." Chen joined in and all eyes were back at me again. I got uncomfortable a bit but was glad to have Xiumin beside me who brought me closer to him and remind me that he is there for me. I looked at him and saw that he was actually also as curious as the others to know what my ability is. I guess it won't hurt to show them? I closed my eyes and after a few seconds I heard gasps from the guys and opened my eyes. On the table were small little Ice sculptures and as a little extra I made it snow above the table. 

" Waaa! Rose! That's soo beautiful! How did you make these?!" The boys were excitingly expecting my sculptures and their compliments made me kinda proud. I always liked making sculptures for Lily when I was bored and to train my ability. But I never thought that someone beside my sister would like them. " Thank you. I'm glad you like them." I Bowed slightly and heard the others say " Are you kidding? How can you not love something beautiful as that?". It made me really happy that they liked it and it made me even more happy when Xiumin gazed with awe at me and the table. " Wow that's... gorgeous! Just as you." Xiumin whispered the last part to only be heard by me and I felt my cheeks burning. I playfully hit his arm to stop saying something like that and just earned an chuckle from him. " You're ability is so cool, Rose! Good that winter is near. We'll be having so much fun, right?" I froze at what he said. Winter? Yeah. It's already time. My smile faded as I kept thinking of what was going to come. " Hey, Rose?" I snapped back out of my thoughts and placed a fake smile on. " Yeah, right." The guys were happy knowing that I agreed to show them more of my magic and didn't notice the worried look that Xiumin was giving me.

As it was getting late, Yeri and her husband were getting ready to leave and had to convince Inguk over 20 minutes that they had to go and he'll be able to come over the next day to play with Lily. After that, Taeyang was also getting ready and I decided to finally ask Sooyeon what was bothering me for the whole day now." Why didn't your other sister come?" She looked over at Taeyang who just stared at the ground, not saying anything. I started to get nervous as I spoke my thoughts out loud. " Does it have to do with the curse?" They both looked surprised at me. " How do you...?" Sooyeon asked. " I overheard your conversation with Yeri the first day we arrived here. I remember it to be something about loosing a child..." I didn't dare to continue what I was saying as I saw Taeyangs face change to a sad one. Was I right? I didn't have to wait long for my answer as Sooyeon sighed and put her hand on my shoulder. " Listen, Rose. Yeah. your right. It has to do with it but how about we talk about this tomorrow?" I saw the pleading look in her eyes and just nodded, saying goodbye to Taeyang and taking Lily with me upstairs to our room.

I waited until Lily went to bed and snug out to go out for a while to get some fresh air. The weather changed within these few weeks and it was visibly getting colder. The trees were loosing there foliage and animals were gathering food for the upcoming winter. I sighed as I looked up to the night sky. I felt a tear rolling down my cheek as I thought about my parents. Suddenly a pair of warm hands slipped from behind around my waist and hugged me tightly. I knew right away who it was and I let myself relax in Xiumins arms as he leaned his head on my shoulder and kissed my cheek. We didn't say anything and just stayed so for a while. " I really miss them." I finally broke the silence and Xiumin let go of me and turned me around to face him. " I know. But your not alone. So please don't cry alone anymore. It hurts." I was touched by his sincere pleading and just nodded as I couldn't hold my feelings in anymore and let my tears feel freely as Xiumin brought me close to him and let me be comforted by his warmth. This night showed me that I know wasn't alone and had people who care about me and who comfort me. I don't have to be strong and bear all my worries myself. Because I'm not alone.

 

Author's Note: Yeah! I live!!! I hope you forgive me for not updating in a long time. But live is hard now and my motivation to this story went from 100 to 1 but I managed to get myself to write again and I hope you like it ^-^ Thank you for your support and OMG!! 5 Upvotes?! 32 Subscribers?! Thank you soo much and I hope you stay with me until the end ;-) And also feel free to comment your thoughts, suggestions or whatever is on your mind. Saranghae <3


This Eye smile!!

Jealous because of a pillar... I want to be in that place!! XD