Chapter 12

Red Snow

His eyes. I couldn't bear looking in them. I only glanced at them as I was sitting down, in front of him. But what I saw really intimidated me. His stare was so intense and full of emotions I have never seen by anyone before. They were full of, I can't even exactly describe it, but whatever he was feeling, it was intense and directed to me. And on top of that, they were Golden. Now that I know the meaning behind them, it somehow scares me. We didn't say anything since I came and I guess we both needed Time to sort out our thoughts. I'm sure that 10 minutes past by like that without us talking at all but through all this Time, I could feel his stare on me, burning holes. It's torturing for me, just sitting there, looking at the ground and knowing that "my Werewolf Mate" is in front of me. By the Time I finally realized that I should start a conversation if I want to know more about him. " Ehm...So, ehm should we... ehm, introduce ourselves...first?" I asked in a nearly whispering tone as my voice betrayed me and didn't let me speak out of nervousness. I don't know if he didn't hear me, what would be very unusual as he should have very good hearing as half Wolf, but another minutes past and nothing happened. I had enough of that silence and waiting, so I decided to push myself a little and straitened my back to look at him with confidence, that I actually didn't have. But as my eyes caught his, I felt like I was trapped inside of them. I couldn't resist staring boldly back at him and didn't even notice the tension that was building up between us. But must have as he looked at the ground and started coughing awkwardly and... was he blushing? And why did his eyes change to brown ones again? 

" Ehem!... I'm ehm... Sorry for staring at you like that and for probably scaring you and ehm... yeah" My thoughts were interrupted as Xiumin finally spoke to me. I felt myself getting red as I remembered him staring at me. " Oh no it's ok, I guess. Ehm, but why did your eyes change brown again?" He laughed, slightly embarrassed and held his neck, stealing a glance at me. " Well ehm, that means that I ehm, like got control over my feelings..." Oh, that makes sence. I nodded my head in understanding. " So ehm, Your Rose, right?" " Yeah. And you are Xiumin, right?" He looked surprised that I knew his name. " How did you know?" " Oh, Sooyeon-shi, I mean your Mother told me. She talked with me a while ago and like, explained a few things to me..." I looked again at the ground and got shy again. What is this situation? " Oh, I see. Well then you probably know what my Golden eyes mean, right?" I nodded and didn't look up. " Well, I know it's very awkward and maybe even scary for you that you were suddenly told that your the Mate of a guy you don't know but you should know that I'm feeling the same. This is also new for me and yeah, your not the only one feeling like that." He flashed me a smile and I could feel my Heartbeat increase. Was he trying to comfort me? Maybe he's not that bad. " Alright, I think that it's quite suffocating in here. Why don't we go out and ehm talk a bit more? Only if you want, of course. Well if not then it's also ok and-" " Yeah, sure." I answered quickly before this would get more embarrassing than I could endure. He nodded and we both stood up. He left in front of me and as he opened the door, we were greeted by the boys and Lily, obviously eavesdropping. I eyed them for a second but continued my way as I saw Xiumin not even sparing his Brothers a glance as he waited on the front door for me, already his shoes on and getting his jacket out. I followed suit and remembered that my Cloak was upstairs and ran off to get him.

As I came the stairs down and was headed to meet Xiumin, someone held my wrist and pulled me over in the different direction to the corner of the living room. " Hey, what's going on with you two? Have you talked? Are you really his Mate?" " Wow, wait a second, Tao! Stop throwing questions at her like that! Let her rest first, geez." He earned a scolding from Kris who was trying to be considerate but I could see that he was as curious as the others. " No Kris, it's ok. And ehm, we haven't really spoken with each other that much so we go outside to talk where it's more, quietly. I'll let you know what happened when we come back. Bye" I ran over to the hallway and waved a last time to the boys before grabbing my shoes and going outside where Xiumin was waiting for me. As he saw me, his face literally brightened up. " So, where are we heading to?" I asked as we started walking beside each other. " You'll see. It's my Favorite Place." He smiled at me and I looked away. I didn't know that a smile could have such effect on me. We didn't say much until we reached the end of the town and the beginning of the Forest. " Are we going in there? It's getting slowly dark. Is it ok to go?" I asked slightly concerned. But that vanished as he suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me a bit towards him. " No need to be scared. I'm here and I'll protect you." He was serious. I could see it in his eyes. I don't know why I'm so sure but I just have the feeling that I am safe with him. I nodded shyly and tried to walk again as he stopped me. I questioned his action, not letting go of my hand, and then realized that his eyes turned Golden. Oh ouh. " Xiumin... Y-Your eyes..." I didn't get to finish what I was saying as he suddenly pulled me even closer to him so that our faces were so close that I could feel his breath ghosting over my neck. I felt like my heart would explode any second but also started panicking. He wouldn't, would he? I mean, he doesn't even know me, right? My question was answered as he started getting closer to me, his gaze fixed o my Lips. Not good! Come on, Rose! Do something about it! You first Kiss can't be like that. Not that I would complain that it's him, but I don't even know him! " Xiumin, please...Stop" Even if it came out as a whisper, he might have heard me as his eyes changed and he immediately stepped back from me. He started blushing hard and bowed at me. " I'm soo sorry! I should have controlled myself! I'm sorry, Rose." I smiled at him and told him to stop bowing like mad. " It's ok. Nothing happened so it's ok, don't worry. Should we get going then?" I changed the topic to avoid a further conversation about it. He nodded and looked up at the sky. " It looks like it's going to rain later. We should hurry up if we don't want to get wet. How about I take you there?" He asked and it caught me completely off guard. " Y-You m-mean... in your W-Wolf f-form?" God! Why do I have to stutter in such situations?! " Yeah. You don't want to?" I shook my head no. " No it's not that, I'm just... Is it ok for you?" He smiled and nodded. I laughed awkwardly and saw him going behind a large tree.

A few minutes later, a Beautiful white Wolf made his way towards me. I started backing away by instinct as the Wolf, that was way bigger than me, stopped as he saw my reaction. He was a few feet away and was just standing there, staring at me. As time got by, I felt more safe and comfortable with his presence and nodded at him. He stepped forward and as he stood in front of me, he lowered his head and touched my hand with it. I understood what he wanted and slowly placed my hand over his head. The white, fluffy fur was enough to melt my heart and I gladly it. After a while he lowered himself on the ground and looked up at me. " You sure you want me to... sit on you?" He barked and I interpreted it as a yes as he kept nudging my hand with his hand. I did as he wanted and placed myself over his back. As he slowly stood up, I grabbed his fur tightly and he started to run into the Forest.

 

Author's Note: Well, things started to get interesting between Xiumin and Rose😏​.And as always please comment and let me know what you think about the story. Thanks to all my subsribers and supporters!! Saranghae <3