Chapter 3

Red Snow

" Unni, can we rest for a bit? I can't go anymore." " Alright, but just for five minutes, we should hurry and find a place to stay for tonight." It's really getting dark and cold. I hope we find some place were we'll be safe. We'd been walking since we flew from our house and I don't really know were we are. I'm scared but I have to be strong for Lily. I took a water bottle from my backpack and handed it Lily. " Hey sis, I know it's hard but we have to find a place to stay. Do you think you can go on for a bit?" She held her bottle up and gave me a smile. "Of course Rosie, I'm not as weak as you think!" I laughed and put the bottle back. I guess we have to go. I pulled Lily up from the ground she was sitting at and we got back on our way. 

I don't know how far we got from home but I couldn't sense it's presence anymore. That means pretty far. The sky was dark already and we didn't find a place to stay. not even a town. It was just us and the forest. Lily was freezing and I felt bad for her because the cold didn't bother me that much. That's when I remembered. I took something from our parents room that could help. I stopped and opened my backpack. Good that I took the Big one. " Unni, what are you doing?" " Wait a sec, it should be here I just have to dig a little and... Gottcha! Here, take that." I handed her a violet cloak.

And took one more, a dark blue one out.

" Wow where did you get that? They're soo pretty!" " Really? I'm glad that you like them. Our mom made them before you were born. She wanted to give them to us when we got older but she didn't get to do so. I found them when we did the cleaning. Our names are stitched on the inside." Lily looked at the ground and then back at me. " Unni, do think that mom was disappointed because I'm not a witch like you?" " No, why do think that?" I kneed in front of her and looked in her eyes. " Lily, our mom and dad, they loved you so soo much that I even got a little jealous when you were born. But I also learned to love that little creature that you were back than and I still love you the most. So don't think about such stuff. If they were here, they would be proud of you, of the both of us." I smiled and she hugged me. This girl really thinks to much about unnecessary stuff. I broke our hug and put the violet cloak on her. Mom, do see how pretty your younger daughter looks in the cloak you made? She giggled at herself and started to pose with it. Yeah, you should have fun with it. They would like to see you happy like that. Well I should try mine on as well. I put the beautiful cloak on and started to pose as well. I really love it. Of course mom would know what my favorite color is. We played around for a while when I suddenly sensed a presence not far away from us. I stopped and froze for a second. Is that really what I think? " Hey what's wrong? Why did you stop?" I ran over to her and put a hand on ." Psh. Don't worry. Just be quite for a while ok?" She nodded and calmed down. I released my hand and closed my eyes. I concentrated on the presence and tried to figure out what it was. And then I felt it again. Yeah, it has to be it. A Werewolf. Mom told me when I was little that our Family has the Power to feel their presence but I didn't know that it would be that...scary. I don't know why, but it gave me goose bumps. Even if it was a.. small presence? Maybe it's a child. I hurriedly grabbed my backpack and wanted to leave with Lily behind me but I stopped." What now, Unni? What are you doing?" " Sorry, I just sensed a presence. A werewolf. But it's small so it has to be a child." " What? A Werewolf? Oh god what do we do? We don't know what they think of us. What if they're from the werewolf Family in the story, Rose? What if they still resent us and try to hurt us?" " Hey, calm down ok. Like you said we don't know. What if that child is lost or even hurt? I can only sense one presence. We should search for it." "Are you sure it'll be ok?" "We have to go and see for ourselves." I stretched my hand out and Lily hesitatingly took it. That's going to be a long night I guess.

It was dark by now, as we searched for the little Werewolf that should be around here. I took a Flashlight out of my backpack and started looking around the bushes and behind trees. We searched for good 30 minutes when I heard something. It was faint but I heard a whimper. I instinctively ran in the direction and found myself in front of a little bush. I got on my knees and flashed under it.. My heart broke as I saw a little wolf cowered in a ball.

As he noticed me, he tried to get up but failed and started whimpering again. I guess he hurt his leg and can't get up. " Hey little one. Please don't be scared. I won't hurt you. I know that you're a Werewolf. because I'm a Witch, you know. So don't be scared I really want to help you." I smiled and stretched my hand out. He growled and I got scared a little but stretched it out once again. He looked in my eyes and I felt something warm in me. That little pup is really cute. I want to help him, no matter what. I saw how scared he was and didn't trust me. But as we looked at each other for a few seconds, he got calmer and I neared my hand again and he started sniffing it and even it once. I smiled and felt relieved. " Ok, little pup. Let's get you out of here. I have to treat your injured leg ok?" The little Wolf Looked happy at my words. I lifted him up carefully and placed him on my lap. " Lily! Come here with my backpack and help me." Lily did as I said and also got on her knees beside me. She stared at the little pup as if it was a her favorite candy. She always wanted to have a pet but I was working the whole day and Lily would get home at noon so it was impossible to have a pet there so long waiting on their own. And besides, Lily wouldn't know how to really care for a pet and I would be to exhausted after work. " Ok let's get to work. Get the emergency kit out of it and a water bottle." She handed me the things I needed and started to clean the little wound on his leg and then made a stable bandage because of his sprained ankle. It whined a little but as soon as I finished he started barking happily and my face." Hey, you don't have to thank me. It was nothing. I hope your leg heals well. But listen, where is your Family? Did you lost your way?" Of course I knew that he wouldn't just answer me in his wolf form. He just moved his head from left to right. So he didn't lose his way. " You hurt yourself while playing and couldn't go back so you hid yourself here and waited until your parents would come find you?" He stared at me dumbfounded and slowly nodded his head "Yes". " Wow, I'm pretty good at guessing, right?" I laughed and patted the pups head. It was really soft but I also felt how cold he was. How long has he been out here? " Hey Lily get me one of my sweaters please." Lily, who was hypnotized by the little fur ball, finally reacted and gave me the sweater. I wrapped him in the sweater and stood up with him in my arms. Lily packed the things back and also stood up." Hey, ehm little fur ball? Can I... can I pat you?" Haha how cute she was. She's definitely my little baby sister. I smiled as he barked happily and even in the darkness one could see her eyes sparkling. The wolf snuggled into her hand and it from time to time. " Alright. Enough for now, it's not safe out here so we should find a place to stay at as soon as possible. But I don't even know were we are..." Suddenly the pup started wiggling and barking. " Hey, not so wild little one, calm down. What's wrong?" He started sniffing around and pointed with his nose in a direction." What? You know a Place for us to stay?" He started my Face and nodded his head. Am I a Werewolf Whisperer or what? I looked at a happy and relieved Lily and we started to get going in the direction the Wolf was leading us. I'm really exhausted and could really need a bed right now. I hope it's a nice place to stay.

 

Author's Note: Yaay another chapter!! Finally a Wolf is making his appearance but yeah it's not exo. But they will appear soon I promise. Please comment and let me know how you find my story. Saranghae