Chapter 16

Red Snow

" I don't know if it's a good idea, Rose." Sooyeon sighed and eyed me concerned. " Please, Sooyeon. I need to know it. Please let me meet your sister." I pleaded and saw Sooyeon slowly waving and finally giving in. " Arrasso. You can come. But please, promise me to not think too much about what your going to hear." I nodded my head and quickly grabbed my cloak on the way out. I didn't want to bother Xiumin since he was enjoying some time together with his brothers. We left the house and went into the direction of the Forest. I looked around and remembered some things that I saw when me and Xiumin were out here to his special place. The village was pretty lovely and the small streets were filled with people talking and going into what seemed to be little shops. Some kids were playing around in human and wolf form what was just cute and reminded me of Inguk as a pup. How can such a cute little wolf be already ten years old? I smiled to myself as Sooyeon stopped in front of me, making me bump into her. She turned around to see if I was alright and I just chuckled at her. As I looked up, I saw a small cottage, surrounded with greenery and some flowers.

I gazed at the beautiful and peaceful house and noticed that we arrived at the end of the village. I continued staring at it as Sooyeon took my hand and walked me to the front door. She knocked a few times in a Rhythm and a gentle feminine voice called us to wait a second. With heave and slow steps someone finally approached the door and opened it with a bright smile. " Unni! Long time no see." She stepped out to be hugged by Sooyeon tightly but she stopped a few steps in front of the woman and just hugged her upper body. Well I guess it would be hard to hug her with a round belly like hers. I didn't expect Sooyeons sister to be pregnant. But it would explain why she couldn't make it yesterday. It would certainly be hard to walk so much while being pregnant. The two woman let go of each other and the pregnant woman looked at me. " And who is this young lady here?" She smiled at me and came closer to have a better look at me. I bowed and introduced myself. Her smile disappeared as she took in my name. " Oh... Well let's get inside for now." She fake laughed and pushed me and Sooyeon inside. " You know, Taeyang went to the bakery because I was craving some cake so we have some time to be under girls." She went to the, what seemed to be a cozy kitchen and came back with a trail of cookies and Tea. We sat down in the living room and Sooyeon had to help her sister sit down properly. I nervously looked around the cottage and tried to avoid the feeling of the woman's gaze at her. " So, Rose." I looked up and saw Sooyeon eyeing the two of us, just as nervous as I was. " I'm Ailee. Sooyeon's and Yeri's little sister. You also met my husband Taeyang already." I nodded my head and warily lifted my head to glance at her. She was truly beautiful.

" Ok, why don't we have some tea for the start?" Ailee tried to slip nearer to get to the table but wa sstopped from Sooyeon as she was already pouring out tea and telling her to rest. She smiled gratefully at her and unconsciously her stomach. I watched her and smiled lightly at her. How happy she must be to await a child with her loving husband. As Ailee saw me watching her, she immediately stopped rubbing her belly and put her hands together on her lap. Or at least tried with the big and round stomach of hers. I looked questioningly at Sooyeon and she just sighed. " You're Marina's descendant, right?" 

 

I nearly choked at Ailee's question and started coughing like mad. " Hey, you ok Rose?" Sooyeon came over to me to pet my back and I just nodded returning my gaze to Ailee who still looked seriously at me. As I caught my normal breathing again, I nervously nodded my head. I'm really nodding a lot today. " I see. Do you know what the curse is that Marina spoke over our Family a long time ago?" Her hard glare made all colors leave my Face as I looked at the ground." Yah, dongsaenga!" Sooyeon spoke loudly but got totally ignored by her younger sister. " I bet you came to know, right?" I nodded my head again, not averting my gaze even for a second. " Do you know what it means to be pregnant and to know that your child is going to die?" I shot my head up and looked shocked at Ailee's words. I couldn't believe what she just said but her tears were the proof. " Do you know what it feels like to be told that your pregnant with the child of the man you love more than anything else and want to establish a Family with only to be reminded a second later that all that is getting crushed without you being able to do anything but watch the child in you grow, only to die right after you gave birth just because of a damn curse!?" By now, all I could do was sit there and see Ailee yelling and crying while I tried to comprehend what she was telling me. The curse... " So... your child is going to... going to-" " Die! ...Exactly like that. The child that I carried for 8 months and 2 weeks is going to die after I give birth to it. That is the curse that Marina spelled over our Family. The first child to be born, our Family's woman, will die." I stared blankly as I felt the world around me go still. How could Marina do such a horrible thing? And their Family... All the woman had to get trough it? I looked over at Sooyeon who was comforting Ailee. I felt horrible and my heart started hurting. I dropped from the chair and fell on my knees. The two sisters were looking at me and Sooyeon wanted to reach me but stopped as I started crying loudly. " I...I-I'm s-so s-sorry...I... I k-know I d-don't have a r-right to s-say so b-but... I'm s-so sorry A-Ailee... I'm s-so sorry..." I was a crying mess as I started apologizing for the curse that my ancestor created. I knew that apologizing wouldn't help but it was the least I could do. " I'm s-sorry that y-you and your F-Family had t-to live w-with t-that curse f-for so l-long... And I'm s-sorry Sooyeon f-for being X-Xiumins m-mate... you m-must felt terrible w-when you f-found out i-it was m-me..." After that I wasn't able to say anything else as Sooyeon pulled me into a hug and started yelling. " Stop apologizing, Rose! I told you not to think about it so hard. It's not your fault, you here? It was Marina's grief that lead to it and not you! And how could you think that I'd be hating you as Xiumins mate? That's just ridiculous! I was more than happy to have a beautiful, smart and warm hearted daughter-in-law like you!" While holding her speech, Sooyeon was my back lovingly and I started calming down after a while. Sooyeon noticed it and let go of me, only to wipe my tears away and hand me a tissue. I chuckled and thanked her for it, and soon noticed that Ailee was staring at me shocked. " I'm sorry... I didn't mean to blame you for it... I know that it's not your fault but as soon as I heard who you were from Unni I just..." " It's ok. I'm glad that you told me the truth." I smiled and went over to her as she waved at me. I sat down beside her and she brought me into a warm hug. She didn't let go for a while and placed my hand over her stomach. I showed a small smile as I felt the baby kicking and silent tears left my eyes.

 

After a good hour of just silent talking and a few tears here and there, Sooyeon decided to call it a day and we were slowly making our way out when Ailee held me back. " Rose. I'm sorry. For judging you and accusing you. But I want you to know that I'm really glad that you're Xiumins mate." She hugged me and kissed my cheek. I blushed slightly and waved her goodbye as Sooyeon told me to hurry up because she doesn't want me to get lost. I was still the way back to the house and Sooyeon didn't even try to lighten up the mood as she knew that I needed some time. As we were just meters away from the front door, it suddenly flew open and a scared Chen came running towards us and hid behind Sooyeon as an angry looking Baekhyun followed him. " Wait, you bastard! I swear you'll be dead if I get you!" " What's going on here. Chen?" Sooyeon asked looking between her two sons. " He wants to kill me, mom! Save me!" Chen pouted and Sooyeon almost bought it, when not for the fact that it is Chen we're talking about. " What did you do to him?" She put her hands on her hips and glared at her childish son. " Mom! Why do you always think that I did something?" He acted out dramatically and earned a hit on the head from her. " Stop acting innocent you brat and apologize to Baekhyun!" " But you don't even know-" " And I really don't care right now! Stop arguing and let me have some peace just once!" With that said, she let her sons standing dumbfounded and looking at each other. " We came back from visiting Ailee..." They turned around and looked at me when they heard my cracking voice. " Oh, that's why... We should apologize later." Baekhyun rubbed his neck, and dragged Chen with him inside. He looked behind once more to ask if I was coming and I hurried after them inside. The house was silent as the boys were sitting in the living room and looking at the ground. They lifted there heads as their two brothers returned and they smiled as they saw me standing behind them. " Hey, Rose. You're back. How was it meeting- Ow! What was that for?!" Chanyeol cried out as he rubbed his arm that was pinched by Suho to shut him up. " Oh, it's ok. It was... nice meeting her." I smiled and excused myself to go upstairs and have some time alone. I heard someone follow me and I sped up to my room and shut the door just before he could slip inside. " Rose...Please open the door." I heard Xiumins pleading, but couldn't bring myself to face him. Nit like that. I slid down the door and sat on the floor, listening to Xiumins banging. After a while the banging stpped and I heard him move behind the door. I breathed out, a breath that I didn't know I was holding and slowly stood up, only to be scared to death as a bark echoed through the door. I opened the door a little to see Xiumin in wolf form. His big, puppy eyes were looking me up from head to toe and he started sniffing me. Probably as to see if I was ok. I chuckled when he huffed at me and started pushing the door to open for him to get in. I let him in and closed the door behind me. He immediately found a spot on the bed to lie down and barked at me, probably for me to come next to him. I smiled at him and made my way next to the big fur ball and curled up next to him. His warmth was comforting and his heartbeat made me calm down the second I laid down. I closed my eyes and started his head. I felt myself starting to tear up and soon after, fell asleep while crying and being comforted by my werewolf mate.

 

I woke up in the middle of the night to a half and sleeping Xiumin. I stared at his handsome face and planted a quick kiss on his lips. He stirred in his sleep but went back to sleep right again. I smiled at him and made my way, as quit as possible, out of the room. I was still in my clothes from yesterday as I went down the stairs and went into the kitchen to find the shelf with books. After a while of searching and cursing at myself that I didn't brought a Flashlight with me, I finally found the books that I needed. I made myself comfortable around the kitchen counter and lighted a candle that I found. I started reading and concentrated on the parts that were important to me. After reading for like an hour, I finally found what I needed to know. " I couldn't believe what has happened back than as he came back and told me that my precious child was dead. Murdered by one of the closest people around me. The amount of betrayal and hatred that I felt, was something that I never wanted or could've imagined, I would feel. Slowly, my mind began shutting itself down as I made my way into the Forest and let my feelings overcome me. I don't really remember what happened back than, but I know that I fell under the spell of black magic. And I never wish anybody to feel or be that way that I was." I read the passage out loud and smiled to myself. She used black magic to create the spell. But how do I undo it? Do I also have to... use black magic?

 


Author's Note: I'm back guys!! Sorry for taking so long but here is another update!! And don't worry, the story is slowly beginning to raise tempo so please don't abandon me, pretty please<3 Also thanks for your support and please continue to leave comments because it really motivates me to keep going ^-^ Saranghae<3

Noo! Don't be sad Beakhyunie! I'll punish Chen for making you upset😏


#Wait, Author-nim... We, we're friends, right? You, you wouldn't hurt me, right? Hehe... he... 

#Aahh! No, please Author-nim! I'll be good I promise! Just let me live!