Chapter 9

Red Snow

Important!:Please read my Note under the Chapter!

 

"Ahh! That's sooo frustrating!... C'mon, Rose! Get yourself together!" Ok I'm really acting like a crazy person now. I'm even scolding myself... Yeah, totally normal. I just don't know why it's so hard for me to go down there. I really wanna go but... I don't know... I guess I'm scared. But what?... What would be so cruel to happen down there to me that I can't bring myself to go to the others? I ran my hands through my hair and started a tantrum in bed like a mad woman would ( well, you could say I am one, acting like that). Ok. Enough being scared and hiding. These people gave us a place to stay so I should repay them while I at least let them know how grateful I am. I put my fears aside and gathered all of my courage. It wasn't much but it helped me get out of the room and tip toe to the stairs. I looked over the railing and checked if someone was there. As I saw that the living room was empty, I slowly and silently went downstairs and tried to guess where everyone was. I heard voices coming out of a room that I haven't seen yet. I heard Lily's laughter and immediately a smile appeared on my face. Lily always has this effect on me. Whenever I'm near her or I hear her laugh then I calm down and it brightens my mood to see her happy. I got over to the room and put my ear to the door to hear what was going on in there.

I heard several voices talking mixed up and I heard some plates so I guess they're eating? Maybe that's the dining room? " Hey Lily. Say, how did you and your sister get here?" I stirred a little at this question. But I was also curious to what Lily would answer. Was she going to tell them? Does she already trust them enough? " Uhm... Well, as you should know, we both live or lived in a Forest near a town. Our Parents bought a house there. My Father was Human, so he wanted to be near people and my Mother agreed. They lived peaceful there and some years later, Rose was born. Because of her being a Witch, they didn't want to risk that someone found out, so they let her stay home and taught her things she would learn in school. Then, 8 years later, I was born. As I was born Human, our Parents wanted me to go to a normal school. Two years later, our Parents had an accident and died. I was too young to remember anything but Rose must've had it hard. She had to raise me up, take care of the house and somehow make money for us to survive. In the beginning she had help from a Friend of our Mother. She helped Rose settle some Paperwork for me to be able to go to school later and for her to be able to work. I know that she had a hard time but nevertheless, she always smiled and played with me. We somehow made it through the past years but it all got crushed yesterday. As we were spending some time in town, at the bookstore were my sister works part time at, a group of people gathered and they said that they know that she's a Witch and said some terrible things about her... Then they started accusing her and we had to flee. We ran home, gathered some things and ran off, leaving our House..." It was quite for a while. Then I heard someone saying comforting things to her. Was she crying? My heart started aching and I had to collect all the things that she said. I didn't know that she had such thoughts. I didn't expect an 8 year old girl like her worrying about all these things. Although I did my best to hide it from her, she always knew about my feelings. 

" Hey, don't cry pretty girl. Tears are making you look ugly." Lay said and Lily started laughing. " I'm not ugly! I'm always beautiful!", she said while nudging him in his stomach. They both laughed and everyone in the room smiled at them. They didn't realize what the two girls had gone through. And they were really touched about how they managed to be smiling like Lily did. " Eomma! Why are you crying?" " Oh? Ah sorry, but it was just so touching. I mean how much Strength it cost you to get this far and experience these awful things. As young childs as you are, you shouldn't be worrying about such things and live a happy life..."  Lily walked over to her and hugged her tightly. " It's ok Sooyeon-shi. We even don't cry, so why would you?" She laughed and Sooyeon patted her back and held her lovingly. " Yeah. I should get myself together." She let go and Kissed Lily on her forehead. The boys were either whispering with each other or seemed to be deep in thoughts as Ilhoon got up." What's wrong, jagya?", Sooyeon asked letting go of Lily's hands that she was holding. " I have to get my Phone. This somehow reminded me of Xiumin. I call him to ask when he's coming back." He flashed a small smile at her and Lily and walked to the door. As he opened it, he was greeted by a surprised Rose. " Oh, well who do we have here? I guess you were hungry enough to come down but not fearless enough to open that door and eavesdrop?" He laughed and everyone in the room perked up to look at the door. Sooyeon rushed over as she heard that Rose was here. Before Sooyeon could actually encounter her in a big hug, she was surprised to see her bowing down. " I'm sorry. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I just..." She was nervous explaining herself but stopped as she didn't really have a good explanation. She was still bowing as Ilhoon suddenly started laughing. " Don't worry, I'm just kidding. I know that you were just careful of us and wanted to check what we were doing, right?"

He grabbed my shoulder carefully and told me to stand normal. I did as he said and glanced up at him. He's really tall and well build. He looks somehow less scary than from afar. Maybe I judged him wrong? I was deep in thoughts as they were interrupted. " I'm Ilhoon by the way. Sooyeons Husband." he said with a warm smile and holding his hand out for me. I hesitatingly took it and his expression changed to a brighter one. I also smiled and looked shyly to Sooyeon who was looking back in the room. I followed her and looked into the room, to be greeted by a bunch of guys starring at me as if I was a new creature or something that they never saw before. Well, the last part would actually be correct. I felt the Panic in me again and stared at the ground, nervously playing with my hands. " Rose, honey." She said and came over to me. " Why don't you join us? I bet your hungry." She smiled and took my hand as if she didn't even expecting my answer. She dragged me through the whole room and sat me at the very end of the table where I could  feel all the stares on me. I didn't had the courage to look up and had my gaze fixed on the ground. I never felt so nervous and small before. I wasn't exactly scared. I was just, unsure of myself? Yeah, that's it. I didn't have enough self esteem. " Unni, look! I found new friends already. They're really nice so don't be nervous, Arasso?" I looked up as I heard Lily's voice and as expected, her smile helped to calm me down a little. Now I even made it to glance over the Table and was really surprised. They boys weren't looking at me? I heard Sooyeon laugh, as she stood beside me. " They want you to be comfortable around them." she explained and I really appreciated that. I finally could take a deep breath and watched as the guys were still facing the door. Maybe I also judged them wrong? " Where did Ilhoon-shi go?" I managed to ask and everyone's gaze was once again at me. " Wow, you actually speak?" " Chen! Don't be so rude. Of course she would be nervous in a foreign House with 14 Werewolves in it and actually 11 boys starring at them" " Yah, I didn't mean to. I just wanted to lighten up the atmosphere. And don't yell with that Bossy attitude! Your scaring her. Right, Rose?" I didn't notice all of them looking my way again as I was busy laughing about their childish behavior. " Wah, your pretty when you laugh."  The boy sitting next to Lily said. He somehow looked really innocent and I could tell that he was tall, even if he was sitting. I then realized his compliment to me and I started to blush and looked at the ground. " T-Thank y-you..." Really now? I stuttered? Get yourself together! " Yah! Lay hyung! Stop flirting with her!" A tanned guy said. " What do you mean? I was just saying the truth." Lay, as I heard the other one saying his name, looked confused and I really did believe him that he didn't try to flirt. But I don't know about me being pretty being the truth. " And by the way, I laid my eyes first on that pretty thing, so don't even try flirting with her." He winked at me and the others scowled at his action. " Don't think so highly of yourself, brat. Your not handsome enough to reach her level." a guy that resembled me of a deer said. " Oh, but you have or what, deer?" Oh, I guess I shouldn't name him a deer as they with it. I witnessed as the two of them continued arguing about who's more handsome and such and I found myself actually enjoying it. They were pretty funny ( and Handsome). " I'm glad your enjoying yourself." Sooyeon whispered to me. She chuckled as I nodded my head shyly. 

The following hours were filled with laughter and me loosening up a bit. After breakfast, we all went to the living room and the boys first introduced themselves to me properly. I also got some words out of myself. Lily and I learned that Suho and Kris were somehow the leaders of the 12 of them because the had that authority and could sometimes be really scary. Suho was mostly quite though but I sensed some special Aura coming from him and Kris. Sehun was the youngest of them and had also the best Aegyo, I was told. Chen was a real troll and we should never make fun of him because it's not fun being his target. Chanyeol, the giant as I nicknamed him, was the Happy virus in between his brothers and was together with Sehun the mood maker. Luhan, although he was looking Innocently like a deer, was actually a douche and somehow a playboy together with Kai, as I had the pleasure to encounter earlier at breakfast. Lay however, was the plain opposite of them. He was innocent, warm heartedly and truthful, as I managed to judge him and it being confirmed by the others. The scary looking Wushu Master that actually was a young Panda at heart. That's exactly how I would describe Tao. Even if he looks scary, once he smiles you also notice how goofy and playful he really is. Beakhyun was another guy that I could completely read like Lay.I could even describe him in one word that everyone agreed with: Diva. With his stylish clothing and perfect done hair and not to forget his Eyeliner! Yepp, Diva fits perfectly. And the last boy actually caught my most interest.  Kyungsoo or D.O as everyone told me to call him. He was the whole time sitting in the corner of the couch, not doing nor saying anything. Doesn't he like me or is he maybe shy? " What's wrong, Rose?" Suho who was sitting beside me asked concerned. " Oh, nothing. Just thinking." I flashed him a smile and my gaze immediately went to Kyungsoo. I was surprised seeing him staring at me. As he noticed me also looking at me, he looked away and stood up. " Yah D.O-ah. Where are you going?" Kai asked and the others turned to look at Kyungsoo. " Just to the kitchen. I'm going to make lunch 'cause mom said that she's tired." " You can cook?" I was as surprised as him asking that question. " Ehm... N-ne. Cooking i-is my H-Hobby..." He said or whispered, gaze fixed on the ground. " " Cool, mine too. Mind if I help you?" I don't know if he was surprised because cooking was also my Hobby or that I'd like to help him, but we all were more surprised as he said he wouldn't mind. I smiled and followed him to the kitchen. As we entered the kitchen, Kyungsoo suddenly ran over to the fridge and started getting things out. He didn't even look at me and was just doing his thing and avoiding me. What's wrong with him?

 

Author's Note: Hey my lovely readers! School started again so I'll be updating like only on weekends and like 1 or 2 chapters but I can't really say how I'll handle everything. might be more or less than that ( depends on my free time and will to write). But yeah, I hope you liked the Chapter and as always don't forget to comment! Saranghae <3