Chapter 5

Red Snow

We stood in front of the door. Just as I wanted to knock on it, I heard voices coming from the inside of the house. " Hey, don't worry. They will find him. I bet that he just lost his way and is hiding somewhere and waiting until we come find him. He knows that we would do everything to find him." " Yeah I know but what if something happened to him?! What if he's hurt or even worse!?" I could hear two female voices. I guess that the one crying is his mother. I have to hurry and bring him to her. She seems very worried. I bet I'd be even worse if something like that would happen to Lily. Only that I'd be all alone. " Unni, what do I do?... I can't also lose him... My little Inguk..." Oh, his name is Inguk? It's pretty but wait, did she say she can't lose him also? " Don't worry. You know that it was because of the course. We can't do anything about it. And you won't lose Inguk. My boys will definitely find him. I promise. Now, stop crying. You have to be strong for Inguk. He'd like to see you happy when he returns. Not like that." " Yeah you're right. Thanks, Unni." On no. Did I hear right? A curse? Then they have to be.... But what's with that curse? Mom never talked about the curse and it wasn't written in Marinas Diaries. Our Family had since generations but they disappeared after the accident and I wasn't able to find them. I remember most of what was written in it but I don't remember anything about the curse in details. Just that there was a curse. I suddenly felt a harsh pain in my chest and got a little dizzy. What's happening? " Hey Unni. Are you ok? What's wrong?.... Is it because of what that woman said? Don't worry, ok? We still have to be strong and bring little pup to his mom. You heard how worried she is." Lily looked at me with understanding eyes and she was right. Even if it's our ancestors fault that this Family is cursed, I have to face it and finally do something about it! " Unni, I can't just sit around and do nothing. I'm going to search for him too." " Wait, Yeri! You can't just go. What if people find you!? The boys are already searching for him so please, wait here." It seemed like she didn't hear ( or didn't want to hear) what the other woman said, because soon we heard her footsteps nearing the door. I panicked. I can't do it after all. I put the little pup on the doorstep and grabbed Lily's hand. We ran to the left and hid behind a big tree. Soon the door opened and a beautiful young woman with long brown hair stand shocked in front of the little pup that was struggling to get out of the sweater, that he was wrapped in. The woman didn't hesitate to through herself at the little wolf and free him from my sweater and hug him. " Oh god, Ingukie! I'm soo glad that you're back. What happened? Are you ok? Omo, you hurt your leg! God I'm just happy that your back!" It was really heartwarming to see this scene. I remembered my parents as they would always scold me and than plaster me with hugs and kisses when I'd come home late. I smiled at the two and didn't realize that the other woman joined the two." See? I told you that he would come back. But listen Inguk, someone brought you here right? I mean your leg is bandaged and you were wrapped in a sweater and we couldn't smell your scent at all..." " Yeah that's right. I couldn't smell my little baby. Unni, What's going on? It definitely wasn't a " normal" Human. Do you think it was..?" " Hey, I know that your still around! Don't be scared and please show yourself!" I flinched. Was she talking to us? " We know that your a Witch. A Human wouldn't even be able to find that place, or even be able to get to trust our little Inguk here." The woman smiled and I caught myself thinking about coming from our hiding place. " I don't know who you are but Inguk told us everything, and we're really gratefull that you two helped him and brought him back safe and sound. Please show yourself. We want to thank you personally." I don't know if she's telling the truth but something about her seems so, trustworthy, I guess. I looked down at Lily. She looked really tired and exhausted. Yeah, it's more important to get a safe and warm place for Lily. I can worry about the rest later. I took Lily's hand stepped from behind the tree, with Lily beside me, out. " Well, nice to meet you, little Witches. I'm Sooyeon and that's my younger sister and Inguks Mother, Yeri." I looked at her and than at Yeri. They do look alike. Yeri than stood up with Inguk in her arms and came towards us. She stopped before us and suddenly bowed." Thank you for saving my child. Thank you very much!" Lily and I were literally shocked. Did that really happen right now? " No, please. Don't do that . We just helped him a little and that's all. We didn't really do anything much." " Oh no, you brought my little angel home. That's more than just anything. Please let me in return give you a place to stay. You can come inside and have a meal together. Inguk told me that you were wandering through the forest and searching for a place to stay. I bet your pretty exhausted." " Can we really stay here? Unni, did you hear that? We have a place to stay and don't have to search anymore! Thank you miss Yeri!" Aish this kid. " Lily. Don't be so rude. We can't just stay here." " But why?" " Right. There's nothing wrong with you two staying here. I know your scared and you don't trust us fully, but we sincerely want to make it up for you for bringing Inguk back home." " Please, Unni. Let us stay here, ok?" I thought for a bit. Maybe it's not a bad idea after all. I mean Lily is exhausted and I bet we wouldn't find a better place before it gets bright.And I don't really want to go back into the forest. " Alright. If you would really be ok with us staying for a night. than we would be thankful for your kindness." I bowed and Lily soon followed me. " Alright, enough with that politeness. Let's go inside. It's freezing out there." We smiled at each other and got into the house. It was really big and pretty inside. The hallway was long with many with closets for, shoes and jackets I guess. The first room that we entered was a huge living room.It was pretty and comfy. 

We all sat on the big sofa and Lily started to play with the pup. " Well I hope you'll like it here." Yes, Sooyeon-shi. It's very pretty and comfy." Well would you like to eat something first?" " Yes please. I'm starving miss." We laughed at Lily's statement and she nodded understanding. " Well I go prepare something for you. Stay here and rest a bit." Oh, wait Sooyeon-shi. I'll help you." " Thanks but you really don't have to." " I know but I want to help you. " She smiled and my hair." Alright. If you really want to.Then follow me to the kitchen." I felt warm suddenly. It's been a long tome since someone me so lovingly like this. I followed her and we stepped into a little kitchen with wood furniture.


" Wow, it's so pretty." I bet I looked like a little kid right now. " l always wanted to have a kitchen like that. Small but big enough for me and my sister to cook there. I really enjoy cooking but I don't really get to cook a lot because I would come home late from work.Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know why I said it. I just spoke my thoughts out loud" Well , this was embarrassing.Great, Rose. Just great." Oh no, don't worry honey. I'd like to hear more about you." She smiled and handed me a cup of tea that I didn't even realize she made." So, while the soup is warming up, why don't we have a little talk. From Witch to Werewolf. Like in the old days." Oh boy. Does she know everything or is she just as good in guessing as I am. Well, here we go. That's going to be a loong night.

 

Author's Note: Good that they're holidays right now so I keep writing and writing. Well I hope you liked that chapter and please don't forget to comment ;-) Saranghae <3