Chapter 11

Red Snow

After Kyungsoo left, I started to clean the dishes. It was fun cooking with him and I'd really like for us to get closer. I don't know but I just feel somehow connected to him. I was humming a song that my Mother would always sing me to help me sleep. As I was doing so, I suddenly felt a chill down my spine. I felt as if someone was watching me and I wasn't wrong. I stopped in my tracks as I heard something behind me. I slowly turned around and saw a boy standing there, watching me. A sudden wave of mixed feelings hit me as our eyes met. He was really Handsome. I couldn't think straight as he shamelessly kept staring at me. But I have to say that I did the same. His face was rather small but with cute chubby cheeks. His hair was wet but showed a glimpse of his brown-orange-ish hair. The white shirt was a little too small as it showed his muscles that hid behind it perfectly.... Holy F***?! Rose, what are you thinking? Get yourself together! You don't even know him! I ignored all my feelings and cleared my throat. "Ehm... Who are you?". I dared to look him in the eyes and was surprised and shocked to found out that they were...Golden?! How could his eye color change? I remember them being brown a few moments ago...What happened? " Rose! What's taking you so long? Come before there's no food left and- Holy , Xiumin?!" I heard Kris shouting at this boy, named Xiumin and didn't dare to look elsewhere. It was just like someone glued our gazes together and I have to say that it was rather, pleasant? I don't know why but it just felt right at this moment. Why am I acting like this?

After Kris made a Fuss and called everyone to the Kitchen, Sooyeon was the first to grab my hand and bring me to the Living room. I didn't protest but I felt kinda lonely after breaking eye contact with him. She sat me on the sofa and kneed herself in front of me. I stared at my lap and tried to figure out what that was. " Rose, honey." Her concerned voice brought me back to reality and I slowly lifted my head to look at her. She sighed and took my hands in her. " Listen, Rose. I think that I should tell you something very important about Werewolves. Do you know what a... Mate is?" She hesitated for a bit as she spoke the word. A Mate...? I read about that in some of Marina's Diaries but... " I don't know. I read something about it a long time ago but I can't really remember..." I looked at my lap again and tried to remember hard. What was it again... Something like a Mate is a Partner or something... And, ehm... " Hey, it's ok don't try too hard. I'll explain it to you." Sooyeon-shi held my shoulders and smiled. She patted my head and stood up. She told me to follow her up the stairs and we got into the guest room which we were staying at. We both sat on the King size bed and Sooyeon started to explain. 

I wasn't talking at all as Sooyeon-shi explained the meaning of a Mate. I listened carefully and tried to understand. " So, let me get that right... A Mate is someone that's fated to be with you your whole life?" I asked as I couldn't follow her explanations till the end. She sighed and nodded." Yeah, you could say that. I'm sorry if that's too much information for you but you see...It's important for you to know." She looked at the ground and started nervously playing with her fingers. " What does it have to do with me? I mean I don't even know why-" And then it hit me..." Rose? Are you ok?" My eyes widened in shock as I realized what she was trying to say." ... I'm his Mate, right?" It came out more as a Whisper. But Sooyeon heard it and nodded. She showed me an apologetic smile and took my hands. " Listen, I know it's sudden and you don't even know Xiumin but... Can you please give me and him a chance to explain it to you?" I looked at her and giggled at her trying to do Aegyo." Yeah, I guess." I wasn't sure if I really wanted it but I was sure that I wanted to know what exactly was going on here. Sooyeon-shi hugged me tight. " Thank you, Rose. I'm happy to hear that." I hugged her back and smiled. I guess that everyday will be filled with new surprises like that, from now on.

" Yah, hyung. Is Rose really your.. Mate?" Lay asked worried about his older Brother. They all sat down in the living room and started to ask him thousand of questions. Well, he would be the first of them to find his Mate. Of course it's a big deal." Yah, Lay! Of course she is! Don't you see his Golden eyes?" Lay nodded embarrassed and leaned back in his seat. " No need to be so rude to him, Chen." Suho scolded the younger one. He apologized to Lay and directed his gaze at Xiumin. " Do you think he's ok, hyung? H's been like that since we sat down." All of them nodded and showed their concern for their eldest brother. " Xiumin-ah! We have to talk." " Oh, Appa? Where were you?" Kris asked Ilhoon who just came trough the front door. " I was going to organize some things but then I got a call from Sooyeon saying that Xiumin found his Mate." He finished and looked over to his son who still didn't even bother to move a bit. Ilhoon sighed and walked over to him. He pulled him up and Xiumin let him do his way. They both went into the Dining room and sat him at the front of the table and sat himself beside him. He cleared his throat and tried to gain his attention, but failed. He sighed and hit him on the hit. " Ah! What was that for?" Ilhoon laughed at his son and felt finally relieved. " Oh, Appa.What are we doing here?" He looked around and didn't understand what was going on. He really was trapped in his thoughts. " Listen, son. I heard that you found your Mate...  You know what that means, right?" He raised an eyebrow as he waited for an answer. " Yeah, I know, but.... She's the Witch,right? Is it even possible?" Ilhoon started laughing and couldn't believe his words. " What a dumb question. Of course it's ok! It doesn't matter if she's a Werewolf, Human or Witch. What's important is that you found your other half, your Mate! And I know how your feeling. I went through the same as I imprinted on your Mother." He smiled as he remembered this Time. " But you have to be considerate. We don't know what Rose will say about that. You have to make sure to talk to her and explain everything she wants to know. But try not to claim her the first you see her. I know how your feelings are going crazy right now." He smiled and hit him playfully on the shoulder as he saw his son blushing hard. " But, Appa. What if she rejects me?" " Well, you can't force her to it. Just be confident and tell her yourself. Your Mother is explaining her what a Mate is right now, so wait until they finish and go to her." He patted his head and left the him alone to give him some more space to think. He really wanted to tell him some more encouraging things but he couldn't in this moment, so he left him alone instead.Even if he tries, he can't get himself to be there for his son like Sooyeon would be. Is he a bad Dad? He sighed and went back to the living room where he was surprised to see Rose standing behind Sooyeon. " Is Xiumin in there?" She showed at the Dining room and he nodded. She turned to the Girl and smiled at her. The Girl stepped forward and everyone was surprised by her words. " I'll go speak with him then. I can at least introduce myself to him, right?" She wanted to hide how nervous she was with joking but we all knew what she felt. She came to the door and knocked on it before opening it and stepping inside.

 


Author's Note: So, what will Rose do after speaking with Xiumin? I hope you liked the chapter and don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote! Also thank you for 18 subscribers and 3 upvotes!!!! I'm glad that you like the story and support it. Saranghae <3 ^-^