Chapter 4

Red Snow

" ! The Flashlight doesn't work anymore!" " Unni! Don't shout, you're scaring him. And don't curse, I shouldn't learn such things from you, right?" I scoffed and started laughing. " Yeah you're right. Sorry for scaring you little pup." I patted his head and he it. " Well It's hard to see anything without light. What do we do now?" Uhh, why do we have to face one problem after another?! I still can't wrap my head around what happened earlier this day and now we're wandering through the forest, with a hurt little Werewolf and are being leaded by him to find a place for us to stay. Even if it's already night. But I have to get us into a warmer place before Lily or the pup catch a cold. And it would be good to get something to eat. We didn't eat since this morning and I bet the pup would also be grateful for a warm meal. As we wondered what to do next, suddenly the sky cleared up and the moon was shining brightly down at us. That's said to be great timing. It was still dark but we could see the environment so it was enough. " Yaay Unni, do you think that eomma and appa helped us?" " Yeah right,  they just pitied us:" I ruffled her hair and we laughed. It's good that we can laugh with each other even in such hard situations. The puppy barked at us and we remembered that we had something more important to do. " Yeah sorry. He´'s right Lily. Let's get going. Alright puppy. Show us your sniffing skills and take us somewhere nice ok?" He barked once more and we started to walk again. 

We were walking for quite a time now as Lily's whining started to get worse with comments like" How long do we have to get going?" and " Ahh! I can't anymore, Unni, just leave me here and go without me I'm just a burden for you!". That little drama queen. Even the little Wolf scoffed at her and I gladly joined in. But just as she started again, I stopped. " What are you doing Unni? Why did you stop? Are we here? But... That's a waterfall?!" Before us was a little lake and a waterfall. It looked beautiful in the Moonlight. " Ehm little pup? I don't think that this is a place where we can stay..." The pup didn't seem to be listening as he happily started barking and sniffing in the direction of the waterfall. Maybe there's something behind it? " Are you telling us to go through the waterfall?" He nodded his head. Am I a genius or how do I get everything that he wants to say right?! " Ok, I guess we have no choice then." " But Unni! How do we get there without going through the water and getting wet?!" "Yah! Did you forget that I'm a witch with special Ice Powers?" Lily started grinning because she, now, knew what I was going to do. I closed my eyes to focus on my Powers. As I opened them, the Waterfall and the lake were frozen.


" Unni your Powers are the best! Let's go" " Yeah I know. But be careful, don't fall!" We made our way over the, now glistening lake and reached the waterfall. With every step the wolf puppy seamed more exited and hyper. I think that he's taking us to his Home. But, is it ok for us to go there? What if they think that we hurt him and they won't hear us out like the People back then. Mom, I'm scared. What do I do? I have to find a place for us to stay but I don't know what'll await us behind that waterfall. And just as I started wavering, I felt something cold on my nose. A snowflake? I looked at the sky to see the slowly falling snow. It's so pretty. Thank you, Mom, Dad. I smiled and started to walk behind the frozen waterfall. I don't know what will happen there but I guess I have to hope for the best and trust that little fellow here. 

" Wow Unni, look! There's really something behind the waterfall! A cave or something like that." " Yeah it really is. So, you want us to go in there, right?" The puppy nodded excited and barked. When I look at him closely than he's more like a dog than a wolf. Well, I guess he has to grow to be a strong wolf in the future.  " Alright then, let's get going. Show us the way, pup." We entered the cave and I looked behind to see if Lily was following. Now that we're here she suddenly totally forgot about her whining attitude. That girl. The cave was pretty huge and it wasn't as dark as I thought it would be. There were beautiful crystals on the ground and on the ceiling. As we walked for a while I remembered something. The lake! I turned around and saw the waterfall and lake still frozen. I closed my eyes and was greeted with the sound of the splashing water. I looked at the pup and laughed at his questioning face." It's nothing. We can go now." He shrugged it off and we get going. After some time I could sense something. As I closed my eyes I wave of fear crossed my mind. I was right. He brought us to his home. But there aren't just three or four Werewolves. No, there are like 100 or maybe more. It's like a Werewolf town or something. " Hey Unni. You alright? You look pale. Let's hurry up and find a place to sleep. I think you really need to rest." " Yeah you're right. Let's keep going." I smiled faintly and started walking again towards the end of the cave. We could see the exit because of a few lights that were coming from it. I didn't hear anything and it looked rather quite. Maybe they're sleeping? Well at least I hope they are. With every step we took, my fear grew but on the other side, the pup and Lily seemed to get more excited. Yeah that's right, Rose. You're scared because you worry about them but don't let yourself be taken by it. Be strong and think rationally. It's not like they will attack you the second they see you, right? " Hey sis!" "Yeah?" " Put your hood on." Lily did as I said and didn't even ask why. She knows, that when I speak with my "authority" voice, then it's serious and she should better do what I say. I'm just worried so I want to hide our faces. When something should happen I don't want them to know how we look. When we had to run away because of some sort of danger than it's better for us to be unknown. By now we were standing at the exit and only had to take a few steps to see what's before us. As if sensing my fear, the little pup snuggled into me and gave me a reassuring . Lily also wanted to help and stood beside me and smiled to me. Yeah Rose. It's going to be ok. Your not alone after all. I breathed in and out. " Let's go guys!"

And with that we exited the cave and were greeted by a rather big looking town. There were many houses and there weren't streets, just paths lined out with gravel. There were a few lights on, at the top of the houses, so you could see pretty much everything. We were standing on something like a small hill and started going down. As I could see, there weren't any people. Ok, now at least I can stop being paranoid. " Alright lil pup, where is your home?" He looked at me with those adorable puppy eyes and pointed with his nose in a direction. And off we go again. The way was pretty quite and I looked at the houses on our way. I had to think about our house, What would they do with it? When could we return to it or is it impossible to return there ever again? As I was lost in thoughts someone tugged at my cloak. I look down to see Lily pointing at something in front of us. I looked in the same direction as her finger and  Icouldn't believe what I saw." Puppy, is that your house?!" We both asked shocked at the same time. There before us was a villa like house. 

It was completely lit inside, so I guess that the owner wasn't sleeping. As we neared the House, my heartbeat increased. Alright Rose. Don't panic now. You have responsibility, remember? You have to bring the little pup home and find a place for Lily and yourself to stay. " Ok I guess there's no turning back now."  With that we walked towards the house. I hope it will go well.

 

Author's Note : Yaay double update!! Yeah I guess I have nothing better to do with my live XD But I hope you like this chapter as well and don't forget to leave a comment, I'd really appreciate it, as well as I appreciate my subcribers!!! Thank you you very much it really means a lot for me that there are some people in the world that actually like my story. Saranghae <3