Chapter 10

Red Snow

" Peep...peep...Yeoboseyo?" " Oh Xiumin-ah. It's me. When are you coming home? Are you sure everything's ok?" Ilhoon asked looking out of the bedroom Window. " Ne, Appa. Don't worry. I'll be back soon." Even if he said so, Ilhoon could sense that something was off, but he trusted his son to come to his brothers for help if something is wrong. " Alright then, hurry up. We're waiting for you and I can hear that the guys finally met Rose because it's pretty noisy here." he chuckled at the thought of his sons attacking the poor girl with their questions. " Ne. See you later, then." Xiumin laughed and hang up. He's glad that his Dad is worrying for him. But they actually don't get along well all the time. Even if Suho and Kris help their Father manage his sons, it's Xiumin, his eldest son, who will later take over his pack, say the whole town their living in. Ilhoon is the Alpha of their pack and because of Sooyeons generous Heart, they accepted every stray Wolf without Family or Pack and now it got so big that they even have a little town. Ilhoon raised Xiumin very strict because he had to learn all the things that he has to take responsibility of. Xiumin was always a quite child, so he didn't say anything, even if he saw how his brothers would play with each other and he had to study at Home. But one day, he couldn't take it and exploded. Everyone was shocked and he even ran away. Since then his relationship with his Father didn't get much better but Ilhoon really tried to get to him. He knows how Xiumin feels because he was also in this situation. Being the eldest and the responsibility and sacrifices that come with it. But they didn't really talk serious after what happened. He thinks that it's better to let him in peace now. And he actually doesn't know what to say to him. His Dad also never said anything or even apologized. That's just what every Alpha successor has to deal with.

Well that's pretty awkward. He treats me like air. Does he really don't like me? I was deep in thoughts as I leaned on the Kitchen Table and watched Kyungsoo getting the ingredients for Lunch ready. I mean, I wasn't rude to him, was I? I can't remember doing anything to him..." Aish! So frustrating!" It was too late that I realized that I said that out loud. Kyungsoo paused and I heard something like... snicker? Did he really just laugh at me? " Yah! Why are you laughing? You ignore me the whole time and now your laughing?" I don't get this guy. What's wrong with him? " S-Sorry... It's j-just funny" Funny? " What's so funny in me being frustrated because  of you ignoring me?" That was the first time that he turned around and flashed me a small smile before turning back and chopping the vegetables. What was that? Now I'm confused. Is he making fun of me? I couldn't let him go just like that and left my spot to stand behind him. I turned him around and looked him straight in the eyes. Maybe I can bring him to speak the truth like that. " W-What are y-you doing?" He started stuttering and blushing like mad. Is he just, shy or what? " Yah, Kyungsoo.ah. What's wrong with you?" " I j-just...." He looked at the ground and started to step back as his plan failed when his back reached the stove. I was standing right in front of him. He looks like a little child being scolded by his mother right now. I feel slightly bad for him, but I want to know why he's doing that to me. " Tell me. Why are you avoiding me? I didn't do you any wrong, so what did I do to get that treating from you?" He than looked at me and suddenly calmed down as I stepped back and showed him that it really bothered me. " W-Why do you even care? My brothers a-are much c-cooler than me so w-why bother with m-me?"  Is that what he thinks about himself? Huh. He's just like I was at the beginning. Well, I can't really explain how I got so comfortable with them so fast but I guess that I can trust them if Lily already has nicknames and calls them "Oppa". They say that kids know when they see a bad person, right. But Kyungsoo hasn't been talking to neither me nor Lily. " Because you weren't talking and I also wanted to know you better like the other ones. I know that there cool but I think it's much cooler that your Hobby is cooking." I smiled and Kyungsoo's face lit up. " D-Do you really t-think that?" I patted his head gently. " Yeah, I think that your much cooler than the other ones. But they're also ok. And I have to say that I was worried that you hate me." I looked at the ground and heard him gasp. " N-No! That's not it, really. I-I'm just n-nervous and shy around people a-and you are a W-Witch and very P-Pretty and... Wait I-I'm not trying to F-Flirt with you or a-anything I'm just..." I started laughing and pinched his nose because I couldn't handle his cuteness anymore. He rubbed his nose and stared at me in disbelief. " Sorry, but your just too cute. And it's ok. I just didn't know and judged you. I'm sorry." He blushed but didn't look away this time. We both started laughing at this situation. " Well, we should hurry and make Lunch for the Hungry Wolves, right?" I rolled my sleeves up and stood beside him and got to work. A while later, he also turned around and helped me chopping the rest. We worked in silence but a comfortable one. " E-Ehm Rose?...C-Can I ask y-you a q-question?" " Of course." " W-Why do y-you keep c-calling me K-Kyungsoo? E-Everyone calls m-me D.O." I stopped chopping and looked over to him. " Because I like Kyungsoo better." I smiled and nudged him in his site. " Now stop distracting me and go back to work. You have to prove your cooking skills to me. " I said threateningly, what just earned me a laugh from him. I think that I just made my first friend here.

" Oh, it starts raining. Maybe I should really head Home now. I can't just hide myself forever. I have to face it." Xiumin stood up from the rock he was sitting at and shifted into his Wolf form to get faster Home. He couldn't really collect his mixed up feelings but it helped him to calm them down a bit. After a while he could see his House from behind and got through the back door. He changed into spare clothes that they always have there and got to the door that lead straight to the Kitchen. He wanted to open the door just as he heard Kyungsoo and a girl laughing. His Heartbeat suddenly increased and he couldn't get himself to open it. He stood there for a while and listened to them. " Alright, I guess we're ready. Go tell the guys and your parents. I'll clean here up and come when I'm ready. " He heard D.O say yes and head out. Since when did he get a single word out near strangers? He was surprised at that but it didn't last long as he got distracted by something. The girl started humming a beautiful Melody and he felt himself be drawn to her voice. He didn't even ask himself what was going on because his brain just decided to shut itself up. He then felt some pull and urge do go in and see the girl with that mesmerizing voice. He slowly opened it and saw her back as she washed the dishes in the sink. He watched her silently and couldn't believe himself. The rush of feelings that he never felt before. He gasped and obviously louder than he expected because just then, the girl turned around. The moment he locked eyes with her, it seemed like the whole world stopped. She was gorgeous. With her long, light brown hair, curling up a little at the ends and her beautiful, big brown eyes, her little nose and her perfect formed Lips that just wanted to be kissed... What? Pull yourself together! He couldn't believe himself as he had these thoughts. But it wasn't all. As his eyes wandered down her Body he could swear that he would have lost it, if that gorgeous creature wouldn't have spoken up. " Ehm... Who are you?" He wasn't even sure if he was dreaming or if that girl really spoke to him. With every passing second, the feelings grew and a painful heat spread trough his body. What was happening to him? " Rose! What's taking you so long? Come before there's no food left and- Holy , Xiumin!?" Kris came into the Kitchen and saw his brother standing in front of her. He watched Xiumin as he noticed his eyes. They were...Golden.

 

Author's Note: Yes, I finally managed to start some romance ;-) Sooo Rose found a new friend in Kyungsoo and What happened to Xiumin? Well, please leave a comment and subscribe if you don't want to miss the next chapter :-D Saranghae <3