Prologue

Red Snow

"Unni! Wake up you're going to be late for work... Again!!" Uhhh i really don't want to get up, that's so unfair! Why do i have to be the one that has to work?! I mean I'm 16. I should be going to school with my friends and be having lots of fun but noo, I have to bring my little baby sister ( who's not actually a baby, she's eight ok) to school and then bring myself to the Cafe I work Part time at. But well, we can't live off this Job alone so after my shift I have to help out in the little Bookstore across the towns school. Well I don't actually mind working there because I really like books and the old Lady that owns the store is well, my only friend in this town so yeah, it's not that bad. But I feel bad leaving my sister, Lily alone till evening, or sometimes even night. Why I have to be doing all this? When I was ten and Lily two, our parents died in an accident and I was forced to become an Adult to bring me and Lily through. It was really hard for me because well, there was also the Fact that I was a Witch like my Mother and because of that we were living deep in the Forest were no one would be able to find us. My Mother also made a spell over the House so that it wouldn't be seen by "normal" Human. I really miss her and dad. It's not as bad for Lily as for me, 'cause she doesn't remember our parents but I know she misses them too. "Unni!!! Wake up. You promised to bring me to school before you go to Work!!" Well I guess I have to go. I heaved my already hurting body up and trotted over to the bathroom to get myself ready. I sped up when I actually looked over my Phone and it showed 7:30 AM!! Well no breakfast for me again I guess. I grabbed some clothes that were splattered over my room and put them on. I took my Phone and my bag and ran downstairs to find my little sister frowning at me. Well that happens most of the time, shouldn't she be already used to me being late? "Unni! You should really get up on time! You don't even have time for breakfast and look at you! You look like you'd have a bird nest in you're hair!" "Aigoo thanks for worrying sis but I'm not hungry and who cares about my looks, I'm beautiful even with bird nest hair!" I ruffled her hair and she giggled over my over flowing confidence in myself, that isn't actually what I truly think about myself, but it's cute to see her happy like this. She knows how hard I try to keep everything going and feels bad about not being able to help me. I really appreciate her thoughts but she helps me start my day in good terms with little jokes and laughter like this. And that's already enough for me. "C'mon Lily we have to bring you to school." I grabbed her hand and we walked out of the house, to the town. Because of the distance between our home and the town we had to run but somehow we made it in time to school. We stopped on the corner before the school and i kissed Lily on the cheek before saying bye and seeing her off. I didn't want people to know that I'm her sister so I don't walk her directly to school. It's better that way. If somebody were to find out about my powers or me being a Witch than I don't want my sister to be hated to. My sister is "normal" as others would say, she takes over our father and I am a Witch like our Mother. I'm not as powerful as she was because I'm still learning to control my powers but I'm getting better with time. But it's not easy for me to train my powers. Well it would be quite shocking when it suddenly started snowing in summer right? Well that's my power, my special ability you could say. Of course i can do spells and magic tricks but they're not as powerful as what I can do with my Ice-Power. Why that kind of Power? Our Ancestors, the first Witches ever, were given 12 Powers, each one of them was to reflect their personalities and so every Witch gets with their birth a Power that will fit their character and will grow with the owners strength. I didn't like my Power when I was a kid but my Mother showed me what Beauty I can create with Ice and I got connected to it and little by little learned to Love my Power. And I also learned that I can make others happy with my Power. In Winter season when it got cold and faster dark, no one would come to the Forest so Lily and I would always go outside and we would play with the snow that I'd create and I would also practice and make sculptures for her. Those times are happy memories that I wanted to create for us and I'm glad to have her by my side to cheer me up when something wouldn't go the way I'd like it to be."Peep.Peep" Huh? Oh I got a Message. From Manager :"  Where the heck are you!? Be quick or I cut your Salary for this Month!"  , how long have I been standing here?. To Manager :" I'm sooo sorry I'll be there in an Instant." Well. that's not a good start for a day i guess. I ran through the back streets to get there faster ( and to avoid the crowds of people who also got a little late for work) and got there finally five minutes later. I didn't even bother to look for the Manager but changed into my Uniform and got to work. And another tiring day before me.

 

Author's Note: Well I hope this will help you to know Rose and her situation better and to have a good start to the story. I also hope you liked it. Please comment and subscribe if you don't want to miss any updates. And the first chapter will follow soon. But I'm going to first explain more about the background story so please bear with it but exo will follow soon so stay tuned. Saranghae