Annoying Hoobaes

Why Am I Like This?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One thing's for sure, your unnie's not amused.

August 2015

 

Seeing your eyes for the first time, my heart stops

How can you have that kind of charm?

You start talking to me and above the sky, your smile spreads like the white clouds

Should I go to you first? Should I talk to you?

One minute and one second are too fast

Do you have a girlfriend? I get nervous

Will you open your heart tonight?

 

It was a month into their promotions with Hurt Locker, when Julie reunited with one of her close dongsaeng friends she met through her Yeonie unnie.

"Noona! Julie noona!"

Julie who was returning to NamYu's dressing room with her unnies turned around at the familiar voice.

"Vernon-ah? Omo, it's good to see you again. You've finally debuted, I see..."

"It's good to see you too, Julie noona. You're looking more like an idol every day." Vernon teased Julie.

"What? Are you saying I didn't look like an idol before?" Julie asked, mock offended.

"That's exactly what I'm saying. Anyway, you and 9MUSES sunbaenim did great." Vernon and his 2 other members DK and Dino bowed respectfully to the model-dols who returned the greeting.

"None of that sunbaenim stuff with me Vernon-ah. I debuted the same year as you, so it's still just noona to you. Same for DK-ssi and Dino-ssi." Julie said modestly, her eyes curving into crescents. "Let's work hard, arasseo? SEVENTEEN hwaiting!"

"Kamsahamnida Julie noona." Both DK and Dino thanked her, flustered at her natural aegyo coming out. Hyuna had to hold back her displeasure at the hoobaes' interest in her Byulie-yah. 

"Oh! Before I forget, we have a signed album here for 9MUSES sunbaenim." Vernon gestured for his DK hyung to hand the album to Julie.

"Kamsahamnida, we'll be sure to listen to it well." Julie said for all of her unnies cutely. Again both SEVENTEEN members, except Vernon, nodded blushing slightly.

And again Hyuna noticed how both the hoobaenims reacted to her little star, Julie cutely oblivious to how she was affecting them.

The rest of their members watched the exchange silently, amused with their jealous unnie and oblivious maknae. These two were still just as entertaining as when they weren't together.

The three SEVENTEEN members left after handing her the album. Vernon telling Julie to text him more before he started teasing SEVENTEEN's maknae and his hyung about meeting their favorite NamYu noona.

"I told you I wasn't kidding when I said I knew Julie noona!"

 

Baby you you, when your eyes are on me

You you, when your hand touches me

I panic panic, I run out of breath for no reason

My body gets electrified but I pretend to be ok

Oh oh oh my god, I get so

Oh oh oh my god, it's dangerous because of you

Oh oh oh my god 2x

I panic panic, I run out of breath for no reason

 

"You know... Vernon-ah's just a dongsaeng to me. He's like my unofficial little brother, unnie." Julie said, having followed her moon unnie to the bathroom, noticing her irritated mood. "I mean, he has asked me out before when he had a puppy crush on me. But now when he does, he means it jokingly. He sees me as a big sister now."

"... that doesn't mean that DK, Dino, or anyone else that likes you see you like that." Hyuna finally replied with a huff, her back still facing Julie.

"Eyy~ is my Moonie unnie jealous? You have no reason to be jealous unnie~" Julie pouted with aegyo, trying to brighten up her unnie's mood.

Hyuna couldn't help but crack a smile at that, she really couldn't stay in a bad mood with her little star.

Didn't mean she couldn't extend the act, just a little...

Julie was surprised when she was pushed up against the bathroom door, her unnie's arms on either side of her head. "Hyuna unnie?"

"How do I know that for sure, Byulie-yah? What if you get tired of unnie and leave her for somebody younger?" Hyuna asked seriously, forgetting about keeping up the act, leaning her face closer to the still shocked maknae.

"... do you know my ideal type, unnie?" Julie finally asked.

"I don't think I do, you never talked about it. Someone older?"

"It was something general at first, you know? I wanted someone older than me who could protect and take care of me, as everybody says I need to be cared for. But now, my ideal type is that and more. She's 6 years older than me, yet can be as immature as a pouting 10-year-old kid when it comes down to it. She's great at taking care of all of her dongsaengs, yet is such a scaredy cat with ghosts. She's kind of a cat maniac, but I'd be a hypocrite if I said I wasn't. She has a real big jealous streak, but that's okay, I do too with her. She's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter