Cracked

From Stranger to Lover

Jieun and Suji went to a Baskin Robbins parlor. As they usually did when they were still a JHS student, Jieun ordered a scoop of caramel flavor and Suji ordered a scoop of mint flavor.


“Suji-sshi, I... I found your notebook. I think it fell when you ran to the math class today.” Jieun took Suji’s notebook and handed it over to Suji.


“mwo? Ne... Gomawo.” Suji shocked a little. Before Jieun let go of her hands from that book, Suji can saw Jieun’s hands were trembling.


“Jieun-ah, w-what’s wrong?” asked Suji.


“I... I know it, Suji-sshi. What’s the meaning of this?” Jieun opened the recent page that she saw. Where Suji’s handwritting of ‘Wooyoung Oppa ♡’ was written.


Suji was very, very shocked. Her heart pumped so fast. She didn’t know what to say.


“I-I can expla—”


“explain what, Suji-sshi?” Jieun’s voice cracked. “explain that you love Wooyoung sunbae??”


“n-no! no way, Jieun-ah!”


“then what is this?”


“it’s... it’s nothing, Jieun-ah... I swear. I was so confused that time. Wooyoung sunbae’s kindness have made me gone mad... I  didn’t know what on earth am I thinking that time! Jinjja, but it’s nothing really, it’s nothing! I’m not in love with Wooyoung sunbae!” Suji explained.


“I thought you’re my best friend... I thought... you’re my... best friend, Bae Suji...” Jieun’s tears fell.


Saw her best friend crying was the worst feeling that Suji have ever had. And it was all because of her.


“I-I’m so—”


“I’ve never think about it, Suji... I thought this will never happen... But in fact... You love Wooyoung sunbae?? It’s just ridiculous Suji... You lied to me, huh?” Jieun’s voice sounded really dissappointed by this robo-lady.


“w-what do you mean?”


“that time, when you told me about your crush, you said that you cannot get him outta your mind! But what?”


Suji remembered just in flash of light. “No, Jieun-ah! I wasn’t lying! It’s really him! Taecyeon sunbae-nim... It’s true about him, Jieun-ah! I do like him.”


“oh, yeah?” said Jieun coldly.


“of course, Jieun-ah! Please believe me, Lee Jieun! Don’t be like this to me!”


“Suji-sshi, I want to believe you... But this notebook shows me everything.” Jieun cried.


“Jieun-ah I’m so sorry... I’m just so confused... Wooyung sunbae made me confused... No, I don’t like Wooyoung sunbae! I just... I just... Ugh, it’s so hard to explain, Jieun-ah!” Suji’s tears began to fall.


Suji was so ashamed for herself. She promised that she would protect Jieun. But what? In fact... She made Jieun cry.


“no, Suji-sshi... I think you’ve explained it perfectly.” Jieun wiped her tears and stood up. “so, I guess, I’m leaving.”


“aniyeo! Jakkaman, Jieun-ah! Wait!” Suji tried to catch Jieun but she already ran away from the store.


Suji went back inside the store. She sat down, burried her face on her arms and started to cry harder. She dissappointed of herself. She hated herself for making Jieun cried. She was very dissappointed.


“yah, gwaenchanha?” said a low voice beside Suji. Suji can felt the guy’s hands were patting her hair.


Suji looked up still in teary red eyes. Her vision was still blurred but finally, Suji can saw the guy who patted her perfectly.


“T-Taecyeon sun..bae...”


“I-I’m sorry that I accidentally heard your conversation with your friend couple minutes ago.” Taecyeon cleared his throat. “...and I guess there’s something has to do with Wooyoung-ie?”


“eo... yeah...”


“so... uhm.” Taecyeon cleared his throat once again. “can I sit here?”


“If you want to.” Suji burried her face again.


Taecyeon sat on Jieun’s place. “you can talk to me. If you want to.”


Suji looked up and saw Taecyeon smiled softly to her. Suji’s heart pumped. She finally shared her feelings to Taecyeon. Well, actually they even had a kinda-big-fight back then. Suji thought that she judged Taecyeon wrong. To be honest, Taecyeon is not only a good-looking man, he’s also a good listener.


“hey, uh... about last day... I’m sorry for teasing you.” Taecyeon apologized.


Suji startled. “oh... about that... that’s nothing. It’s okay. I mean, I’m the one who should apologize. I shouted to you. And yeah... You’re my sunbae though.” She blushed. Half of Suji’s heart was warm and the other half was still cold.


“sunbae... what do you think I sould do?”


Taecyeon sighed. “c’mon, I’ll drive you home. You can calm yourself at your house, then you should try to talk to her again. I’m pretty sure she’ll listen to you.”


Taecyeon drove Suji home by his motorcycle. Suji remebered the motorcycle as she remembered that accident clearly. Suji was about to cry again. But she refused it. Besides, she was with Taecyeon.


“gomawo op—sunbae.” Suji covered her pinky cheeks with her hair.


“ne, that’s what friends do.” Taecyeon smiled.


Then Suji walked into her house. “Suji-sshi, hwaiting!” Taecyeon called her from the front gate.


Suji smiled. “ne, gomawo.” She waved. The guy waved back.


***


Jieun arrived at her home and went straight to her bedroom and she locked the door. Jieun burried her face on her pillows. Tears were running down her fluffy cheeks. She cried for couple minutes, but then she felt tired... And went to her own dreamland.


Jieun woke up because her phone vibrated right next to her. She checked it out. She found out that she got  many text messages from Suji. And also 10 missed calls, all from Suji.


Jieun-ah, I’m really sorry... I didn’t mean to hurt you at all. I’m really sorry for what I’ve done to you.


Jieun please reply me... just once...


Jieun-ah, would you please forgive me? I’m terribly sorry.


Jieun, where are you? Please answer my phone calls...


Jieun, please if you read this, reply me so I can know how you’re doin...


Jieun decided not to reply all of those messages. Deep inside, Suji is Jieun’s best friend and Jieun is Suji’s best friend. Basicly, Jieun didn’t want to hurt Suji. Jieun just need to be alone and she needed time to think about what happened that day.
The next day at Kirin High School, Jieun’s school.


“Jieun-ah, please listen to me... Just this once. I don’t want to hurt you Jieun-ah.”


“Suji-sshi, truthfully, I don’t want to hurt you either. But I think I couldn’t forgive you now. I still need time.”


“Jieun-ah~~~” Suji teased.


“I’m going, sorry.” Jieun left Suji stood there, pouted her lips.


“Jieun-ah!” Suji grabbed Jieun’s wrist. “Promise me you’ll reply my text, so I may know you’re fine and thing.”


Jieun just nodded. Then, she continued her walk to the library.


***


Not talking to each other killed Suji slowly. Couple days had past and Jieun was still ignoring Suji. Well, maybe not ignoring. They texted to each other rarely. Suji frequently texted her sunbae, Taecyeon, for some advices and just to share her feelings. Suji glad that she had someone to talk to. Since her eonni is already married and live together with her husband, also her little dongsaeng is still in primary school.


School day.


“Suji-sshi.”


Suji was so surprised to hear her name was called by her best friend, Jieun.


“ne?”


“um... I’ve thought about it for so long. And I realized,  that... it’s not your fault if you like Wooyoung sunbae. Um... what made me dissappointed is... you lied about Taecyeon sunbae.”


“Jieun-ah... please you have to believe me, Jieun. I’m not lying. Jinjja, I’m not lying that I like Taecyeon sunbae. And now... I don’t like Wooyoung sunbae anymore.”


“mwo?”


“jinjja! Please, please, please believe me, Jieun-ah!”


Jieun sighed. “well, the point is... I missed my best friend. Not talking to you made me crazy.”


Suji was really surprised. She couldn’t say a word. She hugged Jieun tightly. “jinjja, jinjja Jieun-ah? Gomawo!” Suji felt so relieved and very happy that she had a best friend like Jieun.


“ne~~” Jieun smiled and patted Suji’s back.


***


“sorry, bro! Guess I gotta go now. Wish me lots of luck, Jeemseung! [A/N: ‘Jeemseung’ means ‘beast’. It’s Taecyeon’s nickname kkk~^^]” Wooyoung patted Taecyeon’s shoulder and went away.


“good luck, Bo-ung-ee! [A/N: ‘Bo-ung-ee’ means ‘owl’. It’s Wooyoung’s nickname hahaha~~^^ khunfused?]” Taecyeon waved to Wooyoung.


Wooyoung went to the bus stop. Well, it’s actually a school day, but all the school teachers were going to Ilsan, to have a retreat and some meetings and stuffs. Wooyoung had a plan to do that day.


“Kirin High School!”


“ne!” Wooyoung got off from the bus. Yep, he went to Jieun’s school.


Wooyoung dressed neatly. He looked to his watch. “2:15 p.m.” he mumbled. “does her school end yet?” he looked through the building. ‘better wait here.’ He thought and stood behind the front gate.


He was about to text Jieun when he decided to keep it secret. Suddenly, the corner of his eyes caught some pupils walking out from the main building. ‘so, the school is over?’ he thought.


***


Jieun and Suji were packing their bags and getting ready to go home.


“Jieun-ah, have you done the chem task?” Suji asked.


“yep. How about you?”


“I’ve done half of it. I don’t really understand.”


“I’ll text you the answers.”


“jinjja? Omo, gomawo Jieun-aaah!”


They talked until they reached the front gate. Suddenly, a familiar sound called Jieun’s name. “Jieun-sshi!”


Both Jieun and Suji was surprised when they saw Wooyoung stood there, waved his hand.


“Wooyoung sunbae!?” the two of them said in the same time.


“annyeong, Jieun-sshi, Suji-ah.” Wooyoung said hi innocently to both Jieun and Suji, while couple days ago, Jieun and Suji had a fight just because of this man. Jieun and Suji looked to each other in disbelief.


“what are you doing here, sunbae?” asked Jieun.


“uh... Jieun-sshi, do you have a spare time?” Wooyoung replied asking.


“me? Uh, um... yes... waeyo?”


Wooyoung hummed. “uhh... I have two free movie tickets and um... I was wondering if you could go with me together?” Wooyoung asked awkwardly.


“mwoya? I-I—what about Suji??”


Suji turned her head immediately and gave Jieun a death glare. Suji shooked her head secretly and said “just go, babo.” without any little voice.


“ah yeah, about tha—” Wooyoung cutted off by Suji.


“ani, I’m too busy! I haven’t done my chemistry task! Um... I think you two should go.” Suji pretended to look to her watch. “yep. Better get goin’ now. Bye, love birds!” Suji ran away. Then she turned around to Jieun and said “text me every single details!” without voice.


Jieun stomped on the ground with her little foot. ‘Bae Suji, you’re dead! You’re completely dead!


“so, kaja?” Wooyoung broke the silence.


“um...” Jieun confused. She had not finished her words yet but  Wooyoung pulled her palms.


The two of them went straight ahead to the cinema.

 

==========

 

Uwaaa, Chapter 11~~

Annyeong readers!!! Can't believe this fanfic hit 2k views... I'm soo happy!!! Thank you very much!!!^^

Guys, more subscribers... pleaaaseee~~ kekeke^^ oh and the comments! Jinjja gomawo~~

Glad that Suji & Jieun made up already^^ What's Wooyoung-ie's plan for that day?? Curious?? CHAPTER 12!!

Do not forget to subscribe and comment, chingudeul!! I'm waiting for them kkk^^

Kamsahamnida!<3