A Pot of Love

From Stranger to Lover

“chukkae.” Suji said, poker face. “with your first date.”


“aniii, it’s not even a date, Suji-sshi. Don’t forget that Minyoung sunbae was there too. Hehehe...” Jieun played with her fingers.


“eo, arrasso.” Suji replied, still with her poker face.


“whoa... what’s this? Why don’t you feel happy for me?”


“no, o-ofcourse I’m happy for you, Jieun-ah! That’s great!” Suji looked straight to her notebook.


“hehehe, gomawo~” Jieun blushed. She was still couldn’t get Wooyoung’s face outta her head since yesterday.


What so special on that day was when the ‘Wooyoung accompanied Jieun to her house’ part. Jieun tried to refused but Wooyoung insisted. Just like he said when he helped Suji, he won’t let a girl go home by herself, at night, alone.


Jieun also got a lot of texts from Minyoung. They chatted and texted really often. They talked about random stuffs such as their hobbies, their interests and even their crushes. But the two of them refused to tell theirs.


Day by day had past. At Wooyoung’s school, Howon High School. The last bell rang, made all the students flood the hallway.
As usual, Wooyoung was going to play basketball with Taecyeon, when Minyoung suddenly called him.


“Wooyoung-sshi! There’s something I need to tell you, but... just the two of us. Taec-ie, may I borrow your Wooyoung? Hahaha~” Minyoung joked.


“yah, yah... I ge mwoya? You guys are hiding something from me??” Taecyeon asked.


“hahaha, it’s nothing Taec! Byee!” Minyoung pulled Wooyung away from Taecyeon.


Taecyeon sighed and went straight ahead to the basketball field.


***


Minyoung pulled Wooyoung into the backyard. There were only Minyoung and Wooyoung there. They stood under a tree. There were many flowerpots there. They’re all as beautiful as Minyoung’s face, also the weather.


“Minyoung-ah? What happened?” asked Wooyoung.


“Wooyoung-sshi... Do you know? That I’m obsessed with roses?” Minyoung didn’t answered his question. That time, she was holding a pot of red roses. The roses grew well and they smelled really good.


“mwo? Since when? I thought you were kinda obsessed only with... Starcraft? Hehehe.” Wooyoung giggled.


“aish! Jinjja... I planted this roses and I took care of them by myself... for like a half-year.” Minyoung looked to her roses.


“ah, jeongmalyeo??” Wooyoung seemed kinda shocked.


“ne...”


She kept quiet for about 10 seconds. But finally, she made a move. She looked into her own shoes and gave her flowerpot to Wooyoung.


“S-saranghaneun... W-Wooyoung-sshi! W-would you please.. take these r-roses...?” Minyoung finally confessed her feelings for Wooyoung, that had been kept for so long.


Wooyoung widen his eyes. His heartbeat was getting faster. His face turned into the color of tomato. He’s just speechless.


“M-M-Minyoung-ah... I thought you’re my best friend... I never thought you will have any feelings for me... and I...”


“I know... but I can’t force myself, I can’t lie to my own feelings.”


“But this is all of the sudden, Minyoung-ah... I didn’t expect for this at all...”


“Mianhae Wooyoung-sshi... So would you accept me as your girl friend?” Minyoung asked.


“Minyoung-ah... I can’t let our friendship ends right here! I’m sorry...”


Minyoung startled. She looked up, and her eyes met Wooyoung’s. Minyoung stared at Wooyoung in disbelief. Her heart broke into billion little pieces. Her tears were ready to fall down, but Minyoung tried not to let them fall hardly.


“eo... ahahah... ne... o-okay... um...” Minyoung lost her words. She tried so hard to smile. She lowered her hands.


“I’m really sorry Minyoung-ah... Are you okay? We’re still can be friends right? Like the way we used to couple minutes ago...”


“yeah, yeah! I-I’m fine... of course we still can be... friends... not more...” Minyoung’s eyes went red because of the tears that she held.


“I feel bad for you Minyoung-ah... Mianhae, jinjja jinjja mianhae Minyoung-ah!”


“ne... W-Wooyoung-sshi... do you mind if ask you, is there someone that you like?”


“uh... I’m sorry for keeping this from you, Minyoung-ah. Since you’re my best friend, I’ll tell you. Um... it’s... Jieun-sshi.”


Minyoung seemed not really surprised with as if she knew it already.


“eo... arrasso. Is that why you rejected me?”


“well, truthfully... half of it.”


Minyoung just sighed deeply.


“um... so let’s go home together, okay?” asked Wooyoung.


“a-ani, just go...” Minyoung shooked her head. “Taecyeon’s maybe waiting for you, Wooyoung-sshi. Go check out on him. I’ll catch up with you guys later.”


Wooyoung pouted. He really felt bad for Minyoung. But he nodded. He thought, it’d be better if he just go. Then Wooyoung left Minyoung alone at the beautiful backyard.


Minyoung put down her roses slowly and she just couldn’t hold  her tears anymore. Her tears freely fell down, made her cheeks wet and fell directly to her beautiful roses.


***


“Taecyeon-ie...” Wooyoung called his best friend.


“yea? What happened? Where’s Min?” Taecyeon replied.


“s-she... is... at the backyard. Um... Can you believe, Minyoung confessed her feelings to me.”


Taecyeon lost his grip on his basketball. “you don’t say.....”


“it’s true.”


“and then??”


“I... rejected her...”


Taecyeon sighed. “I know. It’s hard for you. Minyoung is your best friend... I mean ours.”


Wooyoung pouted. He looked like he wanted to cry. His feelings were all mixed up.


“It’s alright, buddy. Kaja! I’ll buy you some coffee.”


***


That evening.


Jieun’s phone rang. She got a text, from Minyoung. She opened the message and it felt like her eyes were popping out.


he rejected me.’ The message said.


“mwo!?” she startled. ‘I don’t understand this message. I mean, who’s this ‘he’?


jinjja!? Who rejected you, sunbae?’ she replied fast.


5 minutes... 10 minutes... 15 minutes... No new text message.


Minyoung sunbae reply me! I’m so curious!’ she continuously looked her phone screen.


She texted Minyoung again, told her to reply as soon as possible. But still, no reply.


should I call her? uh... ani... maybe she needs time for herself.’ Jieun eventually gave up. ‘who even dare to reject Minyoung sunbae? I mean, she’s kind, cheerful and pretty!


Jieun kept thinking of it, until she fell asleep.


The next day.


“huuuh... I feel really bad for Minyoung sunbae... I still don’t know who is this guy.” Jieun said while she took some books from her locker.


“yeah, I’m kinda curious too... Um, what’s our next class? Maths right? Kaja, we’d better hurry! Yoon sonsaeng-nim will be furious.” Suji packed up.


“uh, you better go first, I’m still looking for my notebook.”


“gwaenchanha?”


“of course!”


“okay, see you at the class, Jieun-ah.” Suji locked her locker. She didn’t realize that her notebook fell while she ran toward the class.


Couple seconds later, Jieun finally packed up.


“all packed up!” Jieun said and she locked her locker.


She was going to start her first step but her shoe stomped on a notebook.


“mwo? Aissh Suji-sshi babo... She even didn’t realize her notebook fell.” She picked Suji’s notebook. Jieun was about to put the book to Suji’s locker, but she didn’t know the password to open it.


“ah, I forgot! Well I guess I have to bring this along.”  Said Jieun.


Jieun opened Suji’s notebook while walking to her class. Jieun stopped walking as her heart stopped beating when she read some words there.



Wooyoung Oppa ♡



‘Wooyoung Oppa ♡’ was written there, on Suji’s notebook. Not only one and not only two. But many of it.


‘i-i ge... i ge mwoya?? Suji-sshi, W...Wooyoung sunbae!?! No this is impossible. Maybe this is my notebook...’ Jieun checked the notebook’s name. ‘Bae Suji’. ‘yah.. this isn’t my notebook. But.. but... Does she? Suji... Is in love with Wooyoung sunbae!? No, no. This can’t be right...’ Jieun pouted and shooked her head. She couldn’t  think clearly. ‘I have to keep this book... I’ll give her later...


***


School ended.


“Suji-sshi.”


“ne, Jieun-ah, wae?”


“um... let’s go eat some ice cream.”


“ice cream? Baskin Robbins? Hahaha why this sudden, Jieun-ah?”


“molla, I just wanted to eat some. It’s been a long time since the last time we ate BR together. I miss the caramel flavor.”


“okay, so let’s go!”

 

==========

 

Here you go, chapter 10!!

I'm sorry for the 'kinda-long-update' since the internet in my house is broken T^T but hey! this is finally updated.

Maybe I'll upload the next chapter on next week. But I don't promise it okay? Mianhae again...

You guys, please comment and subscribe! I won't bite you~~

So, is Suji really in love with Wooyoung?? Eottheokkhae!?

Look forward to the next chapter, okay?^^

Okay so this is a very long Author's Note, this needs to end here. Bye-bye! Thank you for the comments, subscribers and for all the readers!!~~ <3