o15

Han River at Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Il Hwa-shhi, whatever im going to tell you please brace yourself alright? Can you promise me?” asked the doctor. Il Hwa nodded “I-I promise…” said Il Hwa and she drop her tears again. The doctor let out a sigh because he was very sympathy towards Il Hwa who is just a high school girl having a sick grandfather to live with.

“Alright, your grandfather had a lung tumour at first…” said the doctor. Il Hwa’s body was getting weak after she heard it and Jinyoung was holding her tightly not wanting to let her fall. “did he told you that?” asked the doctor and Il Hwa shook her head “he only told me that he had a normal cough… h-he never told that he was this sick…” said Il Hwa and the doctor nodded.

“and because he had never get any treatment, the tumour had moved to his kidney and it’s making his kidney having a problem in controlling their bladder… does he always went to the toilet at night and are he’s feet a bit swollen before?” asked the doctor and Il Hwa nodded “y-yeah I noticed it… he keeps going back and forth to the toilet every night and he had a swollen feet…. I asked him but he just said it’s a normal thing and told me not to worry about it…” said Il Hwa and doctor nodded again.

This time, the doctor let out his deep sigh and holds her shoulders. “Il Hwa-sshi, right now your grandfather is using a ventilator for breathing…. Once we take it off, your grandfather won’t be able to breathe and,” before the doctor could said, Il hwa had cut his words. “L-left me?” said Il Hwa and the doctor nodded slowly. When the doctor nods, Il Hwa felt falling down on the floor and cried out loudly. Because her grandfather will leave her just like how her parents did. “Il Hwa~” said Jinyoung and hugged her to calmed her down.

“so now I would like to ask your permission when we are going to take off the ventilator… we couldn’t do anything but that…. im really sorry Il Hwa-sshi….” Said the doctor and Il Hwa remained silence. She could not accept all of this and it was really hard to accept it.

“Il Hwa, he needs your answer now…” said Jinyoung and wiped her tears. Il Hwa swallowed her saliva and held her cries. “J-Just give me one more night so that I can spend with him for the last time and,” said Il Hwa and went to her grandfather and rubbed his hands slowly “tomorrow you can take off the ventilator…” continued Il Hwa and cried again. The doctor nodded “alright, we’ll do it… once again, im sorry I couldn’t help your grandfather…” said the doctor and take his leave.

“Jinyoung~” called Il Hwa and hugged him while crying. “If he left me I’ll be alone~” sobbed Il Hwa. “shh stop crying… you won’t be alone… you have me, you have Hanbin… you’re not alone…” said Jinyoung. “I knew it grandpa lied to me…. he never told me that he was really sick… I mean this sick….” Said Il Hwa

“Whenever I asked him, he always said that he’s fine and do not worry about him…. this is my entire fault for believing him and do not get him to be treated…” said Il Hwa and cried on Jinyoung’s chest. “Don’t said that it was your fault alright… it is my fault too from not noticing it…” said Jinyoung and rubbed her hair slowly to comfort her.

 

 

When night comes, Jinyoung had went to Il Hwa’s house to take her fresh clothes for her to change and Il Hwa was sitting next to her grandfather’s bed. She was staring at her grandfath

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter