Chapter XVIII

Hellhound

 

Lavonia woke up at the usual hour. She had been very diligent in waking up early for she made it her duty to serve Lord Wellesley’s morning tea. It made her smile knowing she’ll always be the first person he sees every time he wakes up. She was beyond delighted.

 

As usual, the tray was on the kitchen counter as soon as she arrived. Carefully, she went upstairs along with her unfading smile. Lavonia knocked on his room. Hearing no one answer, she helped herself inside.

 

Her smile turned to horror as the image lay in front of her. Her trembling hands caused the tray to fall down and break the porcelains “Oh my God!” she gasped.

 

Kris immediately sat up as soon as he heard the loud noise. He turned towards the source of voice only to see the look of horror in Lavonia’s face.

 

“Mm” a voice moaned.

 

Kris’ eyes followed the source of voice as the bed creaked only to see the unexpected.

 

“Kris” Lu Han rubbed his eyes as he groggily sat up “what’s that noise?”

 

Kris tried to process everything. His shirt has been removed and Lu Han lay beside him, with only the blanket wrapped around his chest, and wearing the familiar golden wig he had worn before.

 

Lu Han slowly wrapped his arms around Kris’ bare torso and leaned on his chest “Let’s sleep some more” his voice was hoarse.

 

“My lord, what happened?!” Eli, Kevin, Kieran and Aidan rushed upstairs upon hearing Lavonia’s scream. They had halted behind the still shocked lady and were as surprised to see the very amatorial view.

 

“L-lady Hanna” Kevin managed to utter.

 

Lu Han looked up, his eyes widened “Kris, what are they doing in your doorway?” as he tried to cover himself up “this is very embarrassing”

 

“I” Lavonia finally spoke “I need to excuse myself” she hurried downstairs, bumping with the other servants in the process.

 

After double-checking, Kevin turned back to the two males on the bed “Great job, Lu Han” he gave him a thumbs up.

 

“So big brother” Aidan started, “became big sister” Kieran continued.

 

“Check on her” Kris spoke and they immediately went downstairs without wasting any time, he then turned to the man beside him “I will have a word with you later”

 

Lu Han thinned his lips “Alright”

 

 


 

 

Lavonia paced around the living room along with the four servants. She was still trembling from shock but no one dared to calm her down. They might wake the dragon up.

 

“They were on the bed!” she suddenly exclaimed making them flinch “they were together last night” her eyes widened. “How dare she call my lord with his name? He never lets anyone call him by his name! I never even had the chance to, yet” she inhaled deeply “yet he never said anything as she called him”

 

Lavonia stopped her tracks and advanced towards Eli, grabbing his collar in the process “Who is she?!” she was beyond furious “What is her name? I shall see to it she can never come back here again, even if she were dead!” she huffed “What is her name?”

 

“Hanna” Kris descended downstairs along with Lu Han who stood next to him. He was dressed as Kris told him to. “Forgive us for the rash public display of affection. We wish for you to forget about it”

 

“Oh, my lord” Lavonia cried in desperation “what is she in your life that you even allowed temptation to conquer you? Is she threatening you?” her voice trembled “if so, I shall inform my father and you shall never see her again” she cringed at the sight of Kris’ hand holding Lu Han’s waist firmly.

 

“That won’t do, and it would only break my heart if you do that” Kris pulled Lu Han close “for she and I are already betrothed”

 

Lavonia fell on the floor “W-what?”

 

“Please have a seat” Kris said calmly

 

Lavonia shook her head as Kevin helped her up, tears starting to fall “I demand an explanation”

 

“Then take a seat”

 

She inhaled deeply as she begrudgingly sat. Kris and Lu Han did the same opposite to her.

 

“You are free to ask any questions. I will answer it by all means” Kris started.

 

Lavonia cleared “Who is she?”

 

“Lady Hanna of the House Alphonsius”

 

“I’ve never heard of such household.” She mocked but Lu Han didn’t even bat an eye.

 

“I thought so. That is because they are mainly from Asia— which does not by far interest the British Nation. But all else aside, they are of noble blood”

 

Lavonia scoffed “She might have been just an aristocrat for all you know, worse, she could just have been pretending to”

 

“On what account”

 

She was taken aback “Is she even allowed here?”

 

“With all due respect” Lu Han spoke, he grazed his hand on Kris’ knee in which Lavonia furrowed her eyebrows “I bear the Alphonsius name with great pride”

 

Lavonia’s attention was full onto Lu Han now “You dare to seduce Lord Wellesley and bring shame to this household! What can your family do if I put my father into intervention with this unheard relationship?”

 

Lu Han raised his brow “What my family can do is graciously correct your way of carrying yourself. A lady is raised with grace and elegance and you fail to grow up with those values”

 

She gritted her teeth “You bedded with Lord Wellesley out of wedlock!”

 

“What we do is none of your concern” Lu Han countered “It is I whom he asked to marry, not you”

 

Lavonia gasped “Such an impudent girl! Do you really want him to marry you that bad you’d spread your legs anytime?”

 

Lu Han smirked “Let me clarify some truth to you. In Japan, if a man crawls secretly into a woman’s bed at night, it is as good as a marriage proposal” he leaned closer to Kris “he greatly values Asian tradition, isn’t he just wonderful?”

 

Lavonia clenched her fist. She was getting more furious every time Lu Han’s mouth opens.

 

Lu Han smirked. It was actually more fun than he really thought.

 

Eli, Kevin, Kieran, and Aidan stood quietly as they tried to hide their expression of happiness and amusement.

 

For Lu Han, it wasn’t only for driving Lavonia out but also a payback for how Kris manipulated him at the Prime Minister’s tragic party.

 

“Where have you even met?”

 

Lu Han chuckled, “At the Prime Minister’s commemoration” he lied “He looked so handsome the first time I laid my eyes on him”

 

Lavonia turned to Kris “My lord, how could you even ask this kind of woman for her hand?”

 

“Oh, you don’t know how ‘this woman’s’ charm works” Lu Han intervened “He’s as much love-struck as I am at first sight”

 

Lavonia’s mouth opened.

 

“You should have seen how romantic he was when he proposed” as Lu Han waved her left hand in front of her. Lavonia’s eyes widened at the sight of the engagement ring.

 

Kris leaned back, smirking as Lu Han’s mischief is quite amusing him.

 

Lavonia’s eyes travelled towards him “My lord, don’t you have a say in this?”

 

Kris shook his head “Hanna is no doubt very charming in her own way”

 

Lu Han glanced back at him before circling his arms around Kris’ neck “Hey now, why are you being so sweet all of a sudden”

 

Kris pulled Lu Han closer “Because I adore you that much”

 

Lavonia cleared , her eyes were already watery “Then last night” she managed to whisper.

 

Lu Han turned towards her without letting Kris go “Last night was just one of our clandestine nights. Sometimes it was him who would secretly visit my chambers, sometimes it is I who climbs onto his bed when he’s asleep”

 

Tears were already falling in her eyes as she looked into Kris “But why”

 

“It keeps our engagement exciting, don’t you think?” Lu Han smirked.

 

“Lady Oxford” Kris spoke “I am to marry her soon and I had hoped you wish us happiness. For you are my loyal friend”

 

“You never even called me by my name” She exhaled deeply as she stood up “I wish to go home. I think I’ve had enough”

 

 


 

 

“Aren’t you Chinese?” Eli questioned as he prepares their breakfast.

 

“I am” Lu Han replied “why?”

 

“Why did you tell her about that Japanese tradition?”

 

“Oh that,” Lu Han shrugged “as imbecile as she is, she wouldn’t tell the difference”

 

“You don’t like her”

 

“I loathe her”

 

“Obviously. And you didn’t bother to hide it” Kevin intervened “the way you handled yourself around young master was very entertaining”

 

“I am honoured” Lu Han smiled.

 

“Why are you so good at acting as a lady, anyway?”

 

Lu Han hummed “That’s what you get from having a lady—“

 

“Big brother” Kieran interrupted as soon as he entered the kitchen “young master has summoned you”

 

 


 

 

Kris had just finished bathing when Lu Han entered his room “No one answered so I helped myself in” the younger one spoke, “You wished to see me?”

 

Kris wrapped his bathrobe tightly after he put the wet towel into the laundry basket “Are you aware of what you did?”

 

Lu Han nodded, head hung low “Yes”

 

Kris walked towards Lu Han, trapping him in one arm while he pulled his chin up “And are you aware that drugging your master is uncalled for and deserves a punishment?”

 

“Yes” Lu Han looked straight into his eyes “I’m all yours”

 

Kris chuckled “You are unpredictable”

 

“It is my job to please you”

 

“Oh?” Kris challenged.

 

“What is a servant without a master?” Lu Han smirked

 

Kris looked amused “Aren’t we becoming sly?”

 

“Then how does master wish to punish this servant?”

 

Kris inched closer “I have not specified what it is yet but I wish to torment you that you beg for mercy”

 

“I’ve never begged” he whispered.

 

“The more reason I want you to”

 

“I wonder which is more cunning between the two of us” Lu Han’s eyes travelled from Kris’ eyes, to his nose then his lips. Lu Han never admitted it but he always had fascination with Kris’ lips. He was too screwed up in the head to even realize it himself.

 

Kris was trapping Lu Han with both arms now. “And why would that bother you?”

 

Lu Han bit his lip “To distinguish which one is really cunning and which one is plain deathly”

 

Kris hand travelled from Lu Han’s shoulder down to his arm then his wrist. He held Lu Han firmly as he ever so slightly grazed his lips on Lu Han’s neck.

 

Lu Han could feel Kris’ hot breath exploring the side of his neck till his ear.

 

“You should find it out by yourself” he managed to whisper before he pulled Lu Han to open the door.

 

Lu Han was beyond confused.

 

“Till next time” Kris smirked and before he closed the door, he said “learn to beg”

 

 


 

 

He was getting impatient. The game is becoming a bore.

 

He needs more entertainment

 

He needs more pawns.

 

“Humans are the weakest, most treacherous beings ever multiplied”