Chapter I

Hellhound

 

It was a flawless suicide.

 

Flawless as the Scotland Yard adhered to address it. It wasn’t that the case was perfectly solved— perhaps no one dared to oppose the result. In addition, there, in the crime scene lied the best evidence.

 

A SUICIDE NOTE

 

Suicide cases are gradually becoming popular within London. After the plague, crimes have subsided and the newly established law abiders— the Scotland Yard as they named it, took control of the city.

 

Criminals were caught and turned to ‘Her Majesty’s pleasure’. But the madness did not regress in what people had in their minds.

 

After the Her Majesty’s coronation dating 1837, hysteria was over the top. Females, usually in their teens had been accused mentally ill that mostly ended their own lives.

 

The construction of London railway did most of the job. People committed suicide by throwing themselves on the rail tracks, crushing their bodies in the process.

 

However, not this case.

 

The corpse of a female body hung silently on the ceiling of her boudoir. Her slender body swung so beautifully against the sunlight that Detective Inspector Jamie Harrison felt shivers as he watched her pale pretty face and spiritless dead eyes watching him.

 

The victim was the daughter of a wealthy tradesperson and a lady of noble blood. She had three siblings, all ladies and married to fine gentlemen. Her birth name is Lady Cassandra Isabelle from the house of Lowell. Aged 19 and nicknamed ‘Casey’. Harrison sighed. Such young lass would have grown beautifully and married a fine young man like her sisters.

 

It’s been three hours since he was called over by their Chief, Harrison was then on his dreamland sleeping as a normal 32 year old man. Lady Lowell’s death was the fourth case of juvenile suicide among females and it’s steadily increasing.

 

“She’s the fourth one, huh?” Chief Inspector Duncan commented, eyeing the corpse being removed from the rope gently, reconsidering the girl’s body to be fragile for being dead at least 7 hours while giving little harm to the crime scene.

 

“Aye, sir” Harrison replied anxiously. Cold sweat was clear between the creases of his forehead as he read the note left behind by the young lass.

 

 

“Save O angels the grace of poor and merciless. Souls of damsels tortured through and by.

Jakkios my dear, the name of Ripper

 

A.W."