Chapter XI

Hellhound

“Xi Lu Han, why are you soaking wet?” Kris took a glance at Lu Han who stood at the doorway with nothing but wet clothes on.

 

“I was playing Alice in Wonderland when the storm came in” Lu Han put the briefcase he’s holding on the floor then tried to remove the wet gloves from his hands “the butler informed me you were here”

 

“And here I thought you have a good memory. Being stuck in a maze garden at your age is humiliating” Kris mocked.

 

Lu Han shot Kris a glare “I’m sorry you were disappointed by my performance, young master”

 

Kris smirked “I guess the storm didn’t cool your head enough”

 

A few hours ago, a storm suddenly came in making the guests unable to leave. With the courtesy of the Prime Minister, all guests were accommodated and shall spend the night at the palace.

 

“Come closer” Kris gestured Lu Han to come towards the fireplace “It’s very cold tonight”

 

Lu Han beamed at the warmness that welcomed him. If it only wasn’t for the thick dress he’s wearing he could’ve felt cosier “Ah, I don’t have a set of clothes”

 

Kris stood up and pulled Lu Han close “Take off your clothes”

 

Lu Han’s smile then turned into frown “What?”

 

“Take of your clothes” as Kris began ing his dress shirt.

 

“W-what are you doing?” Lu Han asked with a flustered face, Kris is just making fun of him right?

 

“What else?” Kris took off his shirt and Lu Han could not help but close his eyes as reflex “warming you up”

 

“Enough with the jokes, young master” Lu Han cried in desperation “Please put on your clothes”

 

“What are you talking about?” Kris raised a brow “If you don’t wear this you’ll catch a cold and I shall not be held responsible for that”

 

“Pardon?” Lu Han opened his eyes.

 

“Go change and wear this” Kris handed him his shirt “It’s better than nothing”

 

Lu Han was dumbstruck “You could have said so from the beginning” Lu Han puffed his cheeks in which Kris cringed because he did it again “I thought— nevermind”

 

“Thought what?” Kris smirked.

 

Lu Han immediately grabbed the dress shirt from Kris’ hold “Thank you” he muttered in annoyance before fleeing towards the bathroom.

 

 


 

 

The temperature was unbearably cold even for Kris. They weren’t able to bring a set of clothes and there were no other clothes in the drawers. Knowing he couldn’t do anything about it, he decided to cover himself with the duvet and sleep.

 

“Kris, help me with this” Lu Han went out of the bathroom wearing Kris’ dress shirt that barely covered his legs. He was struggling to undo the wig that was tightly secured on his head.

 

Kris, who’s sitting in the bed, raised a brow at his employee’s action “I’m still your employer, you know” in which Lu Han huffed and unwillingly said ‘Please, young master’ in Kris’ delight.

 

Lu Han was walking towards Kris when they heard a knock.

 

“Who is it?” called Lu Han following Kris’ eyes motioning for him towards the door.

 

“It’s Mary Eliza, my lord”

 

Lu Han opened the door at Kris’ instruction. “Ye—“Lu Han cleared his throat “Yes?”

 

“Pardon me, is Lord Wellesley inside?” Mary Eliza performed a curtsy and as soon as she raised her head, her eyes widened “Oh my! Goodness gracious!” she gasped.

 

Theo and Rhys were also present as they were assigned to guard the lady throughout the entire night. Theo felt like his eyes were about to drop as soon as he saw the lady of his dreams wearing nothing but a man’s— Lord Wellesley’s dress shirt. He could not help but stare at Lu Hans’ bare, flawless white legs. He knows very well how inappropriate his actions are but Lu Han was displayed beautifully in front of him.

 

“Oh” Lu Han realized the cause of immediate shock and slightly put on a smile “Apologies”

 

“Is there anything we can do for you?” Kris stood up and walked towards the door.

 

The night visitors’ faces were all flushed upon seeing the engaged pair in a half- state. Kris pulled Lu Han carefully away from the door and away from the visitors’ eyes whispering “They still think you’re a girl. It’s inappropriate to show them your bare legs, especially the men” before turning back to the .

 

“Um” Mary Eliza found it difficult to avert her eyes from Kris’ body. She had heard from her father that Lord Wellesley is a very attractive young man but she did not expect for him to be the very epitome of beauty. “Due to the unexpected storm, father instructed we bring our valued guests some set of clothes knowing…” she contemplated “you did not bring any”

 

Theo begrudgingly handed Kris the clothes. He turned to Lu Han but the latter stared blankly at him.

 

“Oh, and my lord, my lady, you are invited for a midnight party later at the ball room. Please do come”

 

“Thank you for your courtesy milady. Send my gratitude to your father and have a good night” he closed the door before the trio could say any more.

 

 


 

 

“I bet they were disturbed” Rhys whispered to Theo “why else would Lord Wellesley shut us immediately”

 

Theo glared at his companion “Stop it”

 

“Thank you for your company, dear sirs” Mary Eliza stopped her tracks as they arrived in her chamber “I shall see you after I change my clothes”

 

 


 

 

“What are you doing?” Kris raised a brow observing his employee taking out test tubes from the briefcase he acquired earlier. They had changed their clothes but Lu Han was sulking about having to wear a dress again. Since he couldn’t remove his wig, he decided to let it dry with a towel.

 

“Running my tests” Lu Han carefully placed the test tubes in the tray “I’m trying to finish a formula”

 

Kris shrugged him off and savoured the warm feeling of the sheets “Suit yourself”

 

 


 

 

Harrison and Duncan looked at their juniors. Morning had arrived but Theo was obviously sulking and Rhys was teasing him “What happened?” asked Duncan.

 

“Apparently” Rhys started “we walked in on Lord Wellesley and his fiancée getting in on it”

 

Theo groaned in displeasure.

 

“So?” Harrison spoke.

 

“Lover boy here was attracted to the said lady” Rhys gave a sinister smile “enough to ignore his Mary Eliza as soon as he saw the lady’s bare legs”

 

“Bare legs?”

 

“Oh you know, they were in the middle of it I guess when we kind of disrupted them” Rhys shrugged.

 

“Enough, okay?” Theo glared at his colleague.

 

Duncan cleared his throat “Speaking of Lord Wellesley, they should be up by now. I need to speak with him”

 

Theo raised a brow “At 7 in the morning? What for?”

 

“We received another telegram”

 

 


 

 

Theo and Rhys led their two seniors at the Lord and Lady’s chamber. They were about to knock when they heard muffled voices.

 

 

“Enough, enough. I can’t take it anymore” It was a female’s voice.

 

“Just bear with it” A man’s voice replied far too familiar even Harrison and Duncan could recognize it.

 

“But it hurts” complained the lady which they presumed to be her.

 

 

“You don’t suppose” Rhys’ eyes travelled to his companions, faces full of confusion.

 

 

“Then stop squirming, it’s going to hurt more” it was Kris’ familiar deep voice.

 

“I don’t think I can breathe”

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be used to it by now?”

 

“Yesterday was my first time!” Lu Han exclaimed which startled the four officers.

 

 

Theo was shivering in daze “Oh my God” the image he saw last night of two half people flashed in his mind.

 

 

“Han, keep your voice down” Kris tried to soothe her “or we’ll be heard”

 

You already are. Duncan shook his head.

 

“I can’t take it anymore. It’s too hot” Lu Han cried in despair.

 

“Just a little more, Han. It can’t be stretched anymore. Why must it be tight?”

 

“Beats me, I have no idea what you are talking about” Lu Han was breathing hard “It hurts so much. This is your fault for suggesting we do it”

 

“Stop complaining. I’m actually helping you right now” Kris groaned “I never thought this would be so complicated”

 

“You’re enjoying this aren’t you?” Lu Han cried in despair.

 

“Well I can’t hide the fact that your miserable face entertains me quite so” Kris breathing was also becoming heavier and the floor creaking did not help either “Seeing you in all fours puts a smile in my face”

 

 

“I think it’s best if we leave them for now” Duncan cleared his throat “Theo looks like he’s about to pass out any time soon” which the others agreed to.

 

 


 

 

“ Kris, I really don’t think I can breathe anymore” Lu Han was huffing now; sweat trickling all over his body.

 

“Done” as Kris fastened the last ribbon “I can’t imagine how you managed to walk around this thing last night”

 

You bastard. Lu Han glared at Kris as he wiped his sweat “It’s called a corset and you were tightening it on purpose, didn’t you?”

 

Kris shrugged “Well your knees eventually gave up” he offered Lu Han a hand but the latter ignored it “That’s because you were making explosive sounds last night I couldn’t sleep properly”

 

“I did not sleep a wink to finish that formula, my lord

 

Kris sighed, it was a first for Lu Han to sulk that much “Let’s get you dressed”

 

 


 

 

“Kris, Lady Hanna, how good of you to join us for breakfast” Lord Guttenberg exclaimed as he welcomed the two people in the dining table.

 

“Hello uncle” Kris greeted him while Lu Han performed a curtsy.

 

“Oh my” Lord Guttenberg gasped “are you alright, Lady Hanna? You’re as pale as a sheet”

 

Lu Han shook his head “It’s nothing my lord. Just lack of sleep” he smiled.

 

Lord Guttenberg turned to his nephew “Why have you kept a lady awake so late at night?”

 

The said lady kept me awake. Kris faked a smiled.

 

In the table, Mary Eliza and Theo both frowned. Rhys could not help but snicker although he got elbowed by Harrison after that.

 

“Ah, it wasn’t his fault my lord. I just wasn’t used to sleeping in other people’s house” Lu Han smiled.

 

Kris noticed Lord Guttenberg bought the idea and when he tried to lead Lu Han to his seat, the latter stumbled down and fell in his arms. Lu Han’s temperature was burning.

 

All of the guests present gasped in surprise, the four officers stood up to assist them but Kris shrugged them of saying he will handle it. Theo felt a pang in his heart.

 

“Please excuse us” as the image of Kris carrying Lu Han vanished slowly from the room.