Daebak?

Ninjas In Disguise

#nowplaying: Missing You - Navi

---

 


Chapter 1

 

     It was a nice day; sunny, without even a dark cloud in the sky. As much as it was nice out, it was freezing. It was the beginning of December and it's REALLY cold in Korea..

 

     You woke up as you threw the covers off your bed. Although you were in Korea, you lived in a Japanese style house. A house with security.. everywhere. Step in the wrong place.. and you get zapped. It was a house with hidden weapons everywhere, a underground training room, and secret doors.

 

     Both you and your grandmother have secret lairs where well, all your secrets lay. And well, yours is full of unicorns. It's your secret obsession. It was the only place you felt completely and utterly safe.

 

     You did your daily morning routine and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. While you were down there, you found a note from your grandmother. It said ' I'm out doing Tai Chi with my friends. I'll be back soon! :D ' You sighed and opened the refrigerator. There was nothing there. So you decided to go to the supermarket down the street. You got dressed, grabbed your wallet and iPod, and walked down the street.

 

     You walked through the automatic doors and continued to the fruit section. 'What should I get? Limes or lemons? Oh how about pineapples?' In the end, you got coconuts and limes. Then you kept walking and started to sing. No one cares.. I don't even know anyone.

 

     “ INTOXICATION.. LET ME FEEL YOUR BIG TOMATOES,” you sang as you looked at the different colors of tomatoes they offered and the peppers.

 

     “ That's what she said,” your grandmother said.

 

     “ WHEN DID YOU COME IN?!” you asked.

 

     “ You weren't supposed to know.. It ruins the art,” she replied. You nodded, thinking 'Ohh'. Then you walked to the ice cream section. You opened one of the refrigerators.

 

     “ Vanilla bean or coffee?” you asked. But your grandmother was no where to be found. In the end, you just got both. Then after you paid for everything, you proceeded on your way home, walking really slowly as you enjoyed the nice and calm day. 

 

     You walk home, watching your grandmother freak out.

 

     “What happened?” you asked.

 

     “ WHAT HAPPENED?! YOU HAVE EYES. CAN'T YOU SEE SOMEONE CAME IN AND TOOK APART OUR HOUSE?!?!” she screamed at you.

 

     “ Well, yeah.. I can see.. But I meant how..” you replied, trying not to anger your grandmother any more than she already was. But, you agreed as you looked around.. Things are torn and broken.

 

     “ You have to train extra today.. We can't let this happen again,” she said. You had no choice, but to obey.

 

..

..

 

Your POV

     I walked down the stairs to the training room. I wouldn't actually say it's a 'room', because it was so big. Today, I had to practice nun chucks, ninja star aiming, and on a spear. I'd have to say my nun chuck skills are the best.. my aim isn't all that good..

 

     So I grab my black nun chucks and swing around, up, down, and then repeat. I do that for another 20 minutes and I take a break. I hear as my grandmother walks down the stairs. I stand up.

 

     “ Alright, ____. We will have to put the lair in full surveillance. We don't know what they did yet, but I'm sure it's no good. We will have to wait to see if anything bad happens,” she says, “For now I'm sending you to a public school.”

 

     “WHAT?!” I scream. I've never been to a public school before.. What if I do something wrong..?

 

..

..

 

     Next thing I know.. I'm sitting in the admissions office of 'Daebak High'.. I don't get what's so 'daebak' about it.. It looks like a normal school. I guess people couldn't come up with a better name.

 

     My grandmother talks to the admissions advisor as I sit and stare at books in the room. It's so quiet other than the adults talking.. No school today? Then my grandmother tapped me, giving me the PAY ATTENTION face. So, I did pay attention.. well, at least tried. Then they gave me my uniform. It was a skirt just above my knees and a plain white t shirt.

 

      I gave them a O – O face. They remained a straight face. They're not kidding with me.. right? On tv, clothes like these were BANNED.

 

....

...

Thanks for reading! :D ♥ Sorry this is a short chapter.. The next one will be longer! (:

Real Fact ( from Snapple ) : #835 You can burn more calories sleeping than watching tv.