8.

A misunderstanding (Previously: It's so simple)

The moment Xiumin was out the door Luhan's tears started flooding again. He hated it when he was betrayed by a 'friend', he hated it even more when people pitied him. He hated it when they looked at him as if he was broken, less human than them. He has been through that more than enough times and he didn't want to feel like this way again. This is exactly the reason why he didn't want to be the center of attention nor never tried to stand out too much and why he only had one close friend till now.

He looked at his phone to find out that he was already 10 minutes late. He took his wallet and headed out of his room after he covered his puffy eyes with some make up.

-----

"Wow! You look y." Chen commented the moment he laid his eyes on Luhan.

"You are 20 minutes late! Seriously, you are supposed to be the responsible one." Sehun shook his head at the older, not waiting for Chen to finish speaking, just yelling over him.

"Sorry. Where are we going?" Luhan asked, confusing Chen, since the later excepted a treat or at least a glare but got non.

"We are going to a club!" Sehun chirped excitedly. "Well, after Kai comes. Damn and I thought I would be late."

Luhan just shrugged. He had met Kai once before and he seem like a nice kid albeit a little flirty.

"Oh, that's him. Let's go!"

-----

The club was loud and packed with people, two things that Luhan despites. He like peace and quiet, but that didn't matter right now. He just didn't care, already downing his fifth drink.

"Okey, so what's wrong with you?" He heard his best friend's voice over the loud music.

"Nothing." He answer simply not even bothering to look over at Sehun.

"We are here from half an hour and you haven't complained even once. That's like your fourth drink, which is already twice the amount you usually drink when I drag you out to a club. So, speak."

"My fifth one but whatever. Just felt like drinking."

"You're hiding something ."

"There's nothing to tell you." Luhan hissed back. He stood up, the alcohol clouding his mind. He went passed the younger and took Chen's hand, dragging him to the dance floor. When they were in the middle of the crowd Luhan put his hands on the younger's shoulders and started dancing.

"Not that I'm opposing, quite the opposed actually, but are you alright?" Chen asked, once he figured that something was off.

"What do you mean? You don't make sense."

"Firstly, when I said you're looked y earlier you didn't try to kill me and now, you want to dance with me. And just at lunch you treated me." At this Luhan abruptly stopped.

"Why does everyone assume that there is something wrong with me just 'coz I decided to have some fun!?" Luhan was pissed off. "You know forget it!" He pushed Chen away from him and paced to the exit.

-----

On the way to the dorms Luhan stopped at a convince store and brought two bottles of the strongest liquor he could find. He got to his room and slammed the door behind him. He sat on his bed and opened the first bottle.

After an hour he raised the second bottle to his mouth only to find it already empty. Luhan tossed it to the ground. He grabbed his hair in frustration, every thing was fine just two days ago and out of nowhere things took a turn. It's a known fact that Luhan doesn't like changes, even more when he hadn't done them. He had thought that he could trust Xiumin but he could have been more wrong, or at least he told himself that.
Luhan was deep in his thoughts when the door to his room was suddenly opened.

"What do you want?" Luhan lifted his head to see who the intruder was. He eyed him, irritation clear on his face. Sehun bended down taking the bottle from the floor, which the older threw not long ago.

"You know this is really strong, right?"

"Of course that's why I brought it." Luhan retorted, still following the other with his eyes. "What do you want?" He repeated.

"I just wanted to check up on you since you left like that."

"Well, was I supposed to stay when you all accused me for letting lose once?" Luhan stood up and took the bottle from Sehun's hand, placing it down the table in front of him.

"You 'let lose', like never, so that's odd. Plus I haven't heard a word about Xiumin whole night and you usually talk my ear off about him from the first day you two met." Sehun sound concerned.

The mention of Xiumin's name played on his nerves. He liked Sehun because he never cared about his business, and he was doing just that. If there was something wrong with someone that someone should be the younger, in Luhan's opinion.

"Whatever! Can't you mind your own business? This has nothing to do with you!" Luhan harshly said without realizing that his words caused the usually pokerfaced younger's futures couture in hurt.

"Just leave me alone. I don't need a 'friend' right now. You never acted like one so why change now, hm?"

"Alright, I'll leave you alone. I just thought that you may need a someone if something had happened."

"Than you should stop thinking!" Sehun felt his heart drop at the statement, even if he rarely showed it in reality he was quite sensitive, so hearing those words from his best friend he felt awful.

"If you say so but don't come crying to me afterwards." He turned around slammed the door behind him as loud as possible. Once outside of the room he ran a hand through his hair and released a long sigh. He never really meant his last words, it's just that he wanted to mask his true feelings, not wanting to burden to older more the he already was. In actuality he wanted Luhan to run to him even for the most little of problems. He would act irritated but help him non the less.

They have been friends for some time now and he had learned that Luhan hated people trying to help him, it made him feel pitied, which was not always the case. Sehun was known for his poker face and indifferent attitude, so he took it upon himself to help and protect Luhan silently, since he long ago figure the later had got through something awful in the past but he was yet to know what.

He took of to his own room feeling awful for not been able to help his friend when he obviously had a problem, a big one at that.

-----

Luhan watched as the door slammed shut. He sat back down on his bed. Still confused as to why Sehun seemed so odd as if he actually cared for him. Did he really cared or was it just pity like every other person. He groaned in frustration trashing around his bed. Why was everybody behaving so strange: Sehun cared for him; Chen was friendly and considered his feelings, a bit too much to be honest; And most importantly Xiumin, he was a completely different person.

"Ughh... Is this a freaking nightmare? It has to be, right? There is no other explanation." Luhan grunted.

He wrapped himself in the blanket and fall asleep thanks to the dizziness from all the alcohol in his system. That was the longest day of his life so far. He couldn't comprehend how so many things can change in just one day.

 

------

A/N:

Surprise, surprise!!!

Second chapter this week! You didn't expected that, did you? Well, me neither. :D

So, I made some small changes here and there on the previous chapter, nothing drastic. And as you probably saw already the title. The reason for that is that this story was originally planned to be one or two shot story but I decided to try and make it long. So, in the process of all this the initial idea got lost somewhere and I let the story develop itself, I just went with the flow. Now the title "It's so simple" does not fit the story so well, at least in my opinion, so I chenge it. For the meantime the old title will be in the brackets.

That was all I had prepared of the story so far, so I don't know how long it will take for the next chapter. Please be patient if it takes longer. I'll try to update as soon as possible.

By the way, the story just hit a bit more than 1k views! YAY!!! I'm so excited! I'm really thankful to my readers for supporting my little experiment to see if I'm any good at writing.

Thank you soooo much, guys!