12.

A misunderstanding (Previously: It's so simple)

Xiumin noticed Luhan dashing out of the restaurant. His heart fell the moment the door closed after him. It hurt, it hurt so freaking much to see him like that. That exact thing was what Xiumin was scared would happen.

It was obvious for him now that Luhan didn't want anything to do with him, not even be in the same room. It looked like Luhan despites him so much that he can't even look at him without wanting to get as far away as possible. 

Xiumin's eyes were still locked to the door, completely emotionless. He was crashing down real fast but on the outside it didn't show too shocked to react properly. Suho had no ides what to do nor what happened, he sat there looking at the older. After a couple of minutes Xiumin finally moved. He grabbed his drink and emptied the glass. 

"I will be back in a bit." He informed before standing up from his spot. He stumbled in the direction of the toilets. 

Once inside he locked the door. Reaching to the top to close the toilet seat to sit on. Curled with legs resting against his chest, he dragged his hands over his face.  Still unable to comprehend that his fear actually became reality. 

At this exact moment he was so glad that he decided to stand up against it today instead of tomorrow at the university. He wasn't sure he would have been able to stay as strong. He surprised himself even with the way he was handling the problem. But one thing be knew for sure now: Luhan wanted him out of his life. So no matter how hard and how much it would hurt him he will at all costs stay away at all circumstances. 

Xiumin rubbed his eyes out of the tears that welled up the moment he entered the stall. Oh, how he wanted to stay there and just cry till the pain in his chest got numb, but he couldn't do that to Suho, the one person  that took care of him and was always there when he needed him. He knew the latter will be worried sick if he broke down, yet again. Xiumin knew he had to be strong if not for himself at least for his best friend. 

He got up from the toilet seat and walked to the sink. Resting his hands there and looked up at the mirror to see his face. Surprisingly, there was hardly any puffiness and redness. It barely reflected anything from his state of mind. He looked… normal, well as normal as he could with his weight loss and dark circles. Nothing from his face suggested that he was about to lose it. On the inside he was half dead, losing his thread of hope that whispered, that maybe, just maybe everything will get back to normal. He wouldn't have the feeling of emptiness burning inside of him and simply be your average university student. 

Xiumin washed his face having the need to cleanse himself from the unwanted emotions and proper his appearance enough so he could return to Suho without rising to much suspicions of what he had been doing. He took a tallow to dry his face and and opened the door after taking a deep breath to calm himself. 


-----


"What took you so long?" Suho asked as he noticed the other approaching the table. 

"I didn't feel that well," Xiumin sat in his previous seat, " I guess not eating much for a period of time does affect your body." He shrugged.

"I told you so." Suho sighed. "To be honest I thought you ran to cry in there. I'm glad it wasn't that. I, just the way Luhan react, overreact in my opinion, had you going back to the way you were." Suho ran a band through his hair. "You know, I was really worried. But you look fine so I guess it's alright. Wait, you're fine right?" 

"Yeah," The older looked down at his hands. "Well, I-I kinda expected it. I mean, I want through all the possible outcomes of our first meeting after…" He shook his head to get the images of that night. "I didn't want to believe it would really be it but I guess the fact that I knew that this was a possibility made it easier for me. Probably the reason I alright and nor cry my eyes out again." Xiumin chuckled. 

Suho's lips curved up at the sound. It was a relieve that Xiumin was alright with all this that was happening. Maybe he was slowly getting over it. 

"Since you said that your stomach was not yet adjusted to you eating a lot, how about we get this wrapped up to take home," Suho pointed with his thumb the plate in front of Xiumin. "and get home? We  would watch a movie or something." He suggested earning a nod from the latter.