10.

A misunderstanding (Previously: It's so simple)

The next day Xiumin was no where to be seen, yet again. And the day after that. This all started to bug Luhan but of course he always dismissed it. He shouldn't care about him, Xiumin betrayed him.

'It's nothing serious, right?' It had just been several days for all Luhan knew it could be a cold or something. He tried not to care. Unexpectedly he did quite the good job at it, going through the days as if nothing had happened. Oh well, this was one of his specialties - pretending that everything was alright. Yes, it still bugged him but he just buried himself in his schoolwork so he couldn't find time for other things like thinking about a certain someone.


-----

"Hey, are you still hung up on it?" Suho asked. "It's been five days already. Are you going to continue not attending classes? You know you need attendance to be able to graduate, right?"Sighing Xiumin rolled out of bed.

"I'll go tomorrow."

"That's good." Suho let a small smile creep on his face.

"But I don't want to see him. I-I won't know what to do. I'm scared." Xiumin looked up at his best friend, his eyes glistering with unshed tears as fear flickered through them. He was utterly scared of what was to happen if they met. Scared that he might breakdown if he saw Luhan or Luhan hating him. Suho was right he should have stayed aside. He knew things were going to go that way, that Xiumin was going to get hurt. But no he had to be stupid and go on with his idea. He didn't even get the chance to confess, not that he was planning to do so, and he was already rejected. Did he appear so shallow to Luhan to be around him just because of pity?

Ah, how he wanted to explain everything but he was afraid to be ignored again. Luhan obviously didn't want to talk with him or even see him for that matter. He must have been deeply hurt to think that way or he just had so little trust in him. It hurt Xiumin to think about the later but he couldn't stop himself. He wanted, no needed, to know what was happening but he was a coward.

"Earth to Xiumin." Suho waved a hand in front of the other's eyes. It took a moment for the mentioned boy to shake out of the trance he was in.

"You said something?" He asked dumbfounded.

"I told you to get your of the bad and into the bathroom to take a shower. You are starting to stink." The younger pinched his nose to emphasis his point.

"Now go." He commanded And threw a towel at his friend. With a grunt the later got up and to the bathroom, murmuring something about a stupid insensitive mum.

"Yah, I heard that!"

"Whatever." Xiumin closed the door loudly before starting his bath.

Suho didn't know what to do anymore. It pained him to know that Xiumin was hurting but he just couldn't do anything, he was helpless.

It may had been five days already but Xiumin looked the same as the first day Suho saw him heartbroken. His eyes still lifeless, his face pale, dark circles down to his cheekbones, he looked dead. A complete zombie with no desire to live. Only difference to the way he looked that day is that he was getting skinnier by the day, his chubby cheeks - gone and replaced by hallow droopy skin, a remaining of the once pinchable flesh.

Suho sighed ruffling his hair in distress. He removed the sheets of Xiumin's bed and changed them with fresh ones. By the time he finished putting the old ones away for laundry Xiumin was out of the bathroom fully dressed with a towel on his shoulders. The younger walked up to him and took the towel, using it to dry his hair.

"God, you have to take better care of yourself. What if you get sick? You've already missed so many lectures." Suho started his blabbering as always causing Xiumin to roll his eyes. "And eat more. At this rate you will disappear soon."

"You're acting like a mother again." The older announced rather matter-of-factly.

"If you hate it that much than start taking care of yourself like I always tell you to do." Suho said annoyed. "If I don't look after you who will." His gaze softened and his hands finally came to a halt once he was sure Xiumin's hair was completely dry. He removed the towel and took his face in his hands instead.

"You know I'm doing all of this because I'm concerned, right? I just want to make sure that you're alright. My angel doesn't deserve any harm, it should always be smiling. Tears don't suit you." The younger smiled at the older, who showed a weak grin in return. Suho's smile grew wider. With hands on his hips he instructed Xiumin to get ready so they could go and get diner.

-----

Luhan finally finished his last class for the day. It was a really tiring day with classes packed and ending at 5 o'clock. He dreaded doing any more schoolwork but he had no other choice, he had an assignment due tomorrow that he was yet to complete. Oh how he wished he had started it earlier so he wouldn't be dragging himself and his heavy bag to the library.

"Oh, uhmm… hey." Luhan muttered awkwardly when he saw his best friend next to the shelf with English literature, a class they both had.

"Hi." Was the only syllable that left Sehun's lips.

"You have an assignment to finish as well?" Luhan tried to keep the conversation going. He was the one who pushed Sehun away but honestly he missed his best friend. He had forgotten for awhile, with Xiumin and everything, but Sehun was his only friend since he came to Korea and not being with him felt odd. Yeah, the younger could be an sometimes but Luhan wouldn't change anything about him because Sehun was his and nothing could change that. He was always the one who kept him company even when Xiumin wasn't around.

Luhan said that he didn't need anyone, that he could be alright on his own but at moment he was exhausted and really had the need to have a break. 'Was it always that tiring to pretend? Or have I just softened thinking things could finally be alright?' Luhan thought. He felt weak and at the moment really missed his bratty friend.

"Yeah. I'll be going now." Sehun moved past him.

"Wait." Luhan said without much thinking. He just want to spent more time with the younger, he needed to forget about the things that had happened for at least a moment. "A-Are you sure you'll manage with the assignment on your own? I m-mean you could never do it alone before. I-If you want we can w-work together." Luhan stuttered nervously and he hate himself for that. When had he become like that with Sehun. He from all people made him feel most comfortable to be himself.

Sehun smiled a bit, just a teeny-tinny curve of his lips. "Sure. If you buy me food afterwards."

"What? So you want me to help you and than treat you?" Luhan asked in disbelief. "Don't you think you should be the one buying me food, after all I'm helping you?"

"I didn't ask for your help, you offered. Plus I forgot my wallet at my room and I'm starting to get hungry." Sehun shrugged.

"Aish, this brat." Luhan shook his head but agreed none the less.

Luhan wasn't really glad with himself. He was starting to show weakness but being vulnerable at the moment he thought that having someone, just one person he could relax more with wasn't that bad of an idea. He needed support at the moment, something to keep him sane, so maybe having Sehun in his life would help him stay in one piece and not breakdown.

 

 

------

A/N:

Hey guys!

So this is my present for Christmas for you although it's not the best it's that bad of a chapter, I think. Hope you liked it. I may not be able to write much in the holidays. I'm not sure if I'll be in a adequate enough state to write anything good, so you will probably hear from me again after New Year.

After that being said, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Thanks for your support during this year, you guys were awesome! You helped me have the best year of my life so far. I hope you will continue to support me in 2017 as well.

Love you, guys. Have an awesome holiday!!