3.

A misunderstanding (Previously: It's so simple)

 

Having breakfast together had became a routine for the two boys. It was an unvoiced agreement. They would always wait for each other to have breakfast even when one of them had noon classes and the other started at 10 a.m.. At some point they started shearing food, when Luhan was too eager to try Xiumin's shake and the later only agreed when Luhan gave him a bite of his sandwich, and feeding each other, when once Xiumin was too excited about who delicious his omelette was and unconsciously shove a spoonful in Luhan's mouth. They got really comfortable with that.

That day, of course, was the same. Well, almost. The only deference was that while making their way out Xiumin was unexpectedly pulled in a bone crashing hug. The culprit - his ex, Chen. He was smiling brightly with the corner of his lips turned up, as per usual.

"Long time no see!" He greeted cheerfully. A sly glance in his eyes as he eyed the other boy.

"Chen what are you doing? I can't breath!" Xiumin grasped out. Chen soften his hold on the older boy, still not releasing him, and kissed his cheek playfully.

"Who is that?" He asked as he glanced towards the other boy.

"I'm Luhan." The boy introduced himself.

"And I'm Chen. Nice to meet you." He returned.

"No. It's not nice. Now if you excuse us we have to go back to campus." Xiumin interpreted trying to drag Luhan away.

"Don't be a meany." The later scold. "Chen here, that you haven't met in a long time, tries to have a conversion and you just ignored him. Baozi you know that's rude. And for your information we still have an hour and a half before classes start, so why don't you catch up with your friend?"

"Yeah, Minnie listen to Luhan." Chen said sickeningly cute.

"He is not my friend!" Xiumin said sternly. Pulling Luhan away.

"Bye Min. Bye Luhan."Chen shouted after them. 'That's gonna be fun.' He thought.


-----


Luhan was walking around wondering what to do. Xiumin had a group project and couldn't spend time with his favourite friend. That resulted in Luhan been awfully bored.

"Yo." He heard someone say but did nothing. He didn't have much friends so it was probability for someone else.

"Ya!" The same voice said. "Luhan, don't ignore me!" At the mention of his name he turned around.

"Chen! What are you doing here?" He asked genuinely surprised.

"I study here. Although I took time off, had some business in Europe." Chen answered. "What are you doing?"

Luhan explained that Xiumin was busy so he had nothing to do.

"Perfect! Come with me. There is a place I really wanna go but I don't have anyone who will go with me."

"I guess I can. Where are we going?"

"You will see!" Chen chirped taking Luhan's hand a pulling him along.


-----


"Where are you taking me?" Luhan asked for a hundredth time since they took off. They have taken a bus and were now walking down the street.

"Wait a little bit more we will be there soon."


-----


"We're here!" Chen said happily.

"What's that place?" Luhan was utterly confused. They were standing in front of an old ragged building. He was still puzzled when Chen pulled him in and towards the basement of the building.

Luhan now saw a vintage european style door with goldish elements. It looked like something out of a castle. Just mesmerizing!

Chen pushed the door open. They were in some bar. The bar just like the door looked vintage and amazing. At this point Luhan was starting to question why was there such an awesome place in a building that looked like it could fall anytime soon. And how the hell did Chen knew about it?

"What do you want to drink?" Chen asked the still stunned boy.

"Isn't it too early to drink?"

"Not if you drink something classy." Chen mused.

"That does not make any sense." Luhan chuckled. "But if that's the case a glass of whiskey."

Chen nodded and went to get the drinks. Meanwhile Luhan found an empty table. It was near a stage of some sort.

"Hey. What's that?" Luhan asked when Chen returned and handed him his drink which Luhan took with a small 'thank you'.

"Oh, the stage. That's a karaoke bar."

"Karaoke bar!?"

"Yeah. I'm a regular here or at least used to be. I'll be sing on that stage every Tuesday and Thursday and sometimes on other days too."

"Can you sing something now?" Luhan asked excitedly.

"Sure." Chen said. He just couldn't resist Luhan's smile. The younger went to the bar and after some time emerged on stage with one of the bartenders to accompany him on the piano.

The moment he started singing everyone turn to the stage to watch him perform. His voice flowed trought the air in the room. It was a little higher then what Luhan expected but it was even better. It had that amazing tone to it that made you want to listen to it whole day long. Luhan was taken of guard when he heard the low note that Chen hit.

When the performance ended everyone was on their feet and applauded him expect Luhan, he was too stunned to even react. He was just frozen with his mouth agape. Chen made his way to the table and tapped the elder on the shoulder.

"T-that was... just... just WOW." Luhan stuttered still unable to make a coherent sentence.

"Thanks." Chen laughed melodically.

"I thought that you would be good but that was way more than what I expected."

"Really! I'm glad. Okay, now it's your turn." Chen said while pushing the other towards the stage.

"No, I can't!" Luhan tried to escape from the situation but it was already too late. Chen had pushed him on the stage and everyone's eyes were on him.

He gulped. He was really shy but since he was already there he decided to just go with it. Luhan told the song he wanted to sing to the bartender on the piano. He grabbed the microphone and close his eyes.

The piano started playing and Luhan just went with the flow of the song forgetting where he was in an instant. He opened his mouth and a soft and melodic voice was what it came out. His voice was very different from Chen's but not any less powerful. It was as soft as the summer breeze. It was a little bit shaky in the begging due to his nervousness but it became steadier with every note. It made everyone awe when he sang the higher notes and one particular note made goosebumps craw on Chen's skin. The note was not as high as the others but it was more powerful and freaking long.

The song came to its end and the reactions from the crowd was the same as the one for Chen's performance.

Chen got up from his seat and hugged the other. "That was beautiful! It gave me goosebumps." Chen laughed softly. "How can you say you can't do it when you have such a beautiful voice."

Someone from the crowd asked, more like yelled, for more and the others started cheering. Chen looked at Luhan with pleading eyes and ask him if they could do a duet. The other thought for a moment but ended up agreeing. Their voices mix together really good and it made the people in the bar feel chills all over.


-----


"That was fun we should do it again!" Announced Chen.

"Yeah, maybe."

They were at campus again, near the boys' dorms. Luhan stopped for a moment to check his phone. It was about time for Xiumin to finally be free and spent some time with him.

Luhan jerked his head up. He was pinned against the wall by none other than his new friend - Chen. Luhan was about to say something but didn't have the chance as he felt lips touching his. He was kiss by a boy! Luhan pushed the other boy the moment he realized what happened but the younger didn't budge. He pushed again with all his strength. That seem to do the job as Chen stepped a couple of steps back. He looked at Luhan with surprise only to notice the look of disguised on his face. The older ran away angrily scrubbing his lips from the awful feeling from beening kissed by a guy.

 

 

-----

A.N:

Hey guys! I'm really SORRY! I haven't uploaded anything in lot of time. I had so many things going on and didn't have time to write and when I did have time my mind would just go blank. I tried to write but nothing worked :(

I haven't checked for mistakes or anything. I'm scared that if I read it I wouldn't like it, Again. So I'm gonna update it like that. I may make changes later.

Sorry! I will tried to get my sh*t together, so I can write more.