11.

A misunderstanding (Previously: It's so simple)

"What do you want to eat?" Luhan asked Sehun as they made their way out of the library. 

"Remember the family restaurant that we used to go to?" Sehun smiled at the fond memory. 

"Oh, the one with the amazing steak! We haven't been there in a while. We were there so often. What happened that we stopped going?"

"You mat Xiumin and gradually stopped eating diner with me." Sehun's  smile turned sad. The only sound that left Luhan's lips was a faint 'oh'. The rest of the walk was silent as Luhan wallowed in guilt. After about ten minutes they were at the restaurant. 

"Order everything you want." Luhan offered as a way to buy his guilt for neglected his best friend. 

"Oh, in that case I'll get a beef steak, a crab salad and two beers." Sehun said to the waitress. "And can you leave a menu so I could order a dessert later?"

"Of course." She answer and turned to Luhan. "And what can I get for you?" Luhan ordered his salad and steak as well. 

"So, anything new?" Luhan said once the waitress was gone. 

"Oh, you know the girl that always sits in front of us in English Literature?" At that the older nodded. "Well, she asked me on a date."

"What didn't she have a boyfriend?" 

"Apparently he cheated on her and now she wants to go out with me. So I'll take her on a date and see how things go and maybe date her for real."

Luhan couldn't comprehend how some people got over a break up so fast when he was having troubles forgetting about an ex-friend, let alone a girlfriend. 

"Here you go, boys, your salads and beers. I'll. Bring the steaks shortly." The waitress smiled at Luhan before leaving. 

"I think she likes you." Sehun stated the obvious. 

"What? No way. You're just imagining things." Pink tinted Luhan's cheeks.  

"Oh, believe me. She was so flirting with you." Sehun shut his mouth just as he saw the girl approaching their table with their steaks.

"If you want anything else just call for me." The girl,  Jessica as her name tag said, winked at Luhan, whose blush reddened more. Sehun chuckled and mouthed an 'I told you so'.

"Oh, shut up!" Luhan barked as he looked down in embarrassment. 

-----

"I'm glad that you finally decided to go out and eat real food and not that cup ramen if you even eat anything at all." Suho said.

"So does that mean you're paying?" Xiumin's tone was lanced with hope. 

"No." 

"Oh, bummer. And then you go saying you care about me." Xiumin sulked. 

"Those are two different things." Suho shrugged. He opened the door for Xiumin when they arrived at their destination. Instead of going in he just stopped frozen for a moment. Suho noticed the sudden change in the latter so he peaked inside. There by the far end of the room sat no other than the person responsible for his best friend's troubles - Luhan was listening to Sehun as he talked animatedly. 

Xiumin shook his head and stepped inside shocking Suho in the process. Yeah, Xiumin was terrified of the encounter. He knew he wasn't completely ready to be near Luhan but he thought that it was better for it, whatever it was going to happen, to happen now when they are far away from the university. If something did happen it was going to make a scene anyway but if they are in university it would be a lot worse. Here there was hardly anyone, who could recognize them. 

Thanks to Xiumin's bad luck today the only empty table turned out to be not that far from Luhan's. He strode to it with hesitant steps. Suho followed him in silence half expecting the other to bolt out of the door and lock himself in their dorm. 

When they were seated Suho opened his mouth. "Hey, you know we can go to another place for dinner?"

"No… let's stay h-here."

"Okay. But we are going to eat fast and get out of here as soon as possible." Suho smiled as he put his hand on top of Xiumin's and gave it a reassuring squeeze. The older gave a small smile in return. 

"Now, order something good to eat you haven't had an actual meal since that Friday. I know you're depressed over what happened but your health is more important." Suho gave the menu to Xiumin. 

"Okay if that would make you feel better." Xiumin sighed. He was not really hungry just like the passed several days. He had lost his appetite and only ate because Suho tells him to.


-----


"Are you trying to make me go bankrupt?" Luhan asked watching Sehun, who was eating his second dessert. 

"You said I could order whatever I wanted." Sehun his upper lip clean from the cake frosting.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you can order the whole menu!"

"Well, I said I was hungry, didn't I." Sehun smirked. 

"I forgot that you don't have a stomach but a black hole in it's place. Damn you and your fast metabolism." Luhan said with an eye roll, in the process of which something caught his attention. At a table to his right he saw someone looking like Xiumin, but that couldn't be possible, could it? He was in university the whole week so what would be doing here now? He thought he was imaging things but non the less he turned his head at the direction of his illusion. Oh, how he wished he hadn't done so. Right there to his right was Suho and Xiumin. The thing he saw tore at his heart. The latter looked lifeless, outside of the occasional turn of his lips when Suho said something. The cute plum Xiumin he knew was gone, all that was left was this gloomy skin-and-bones thin male. 

'Why was he like that.' Luhan thought. 'People can't just get this thin for a week, right? That's not normal! Is that... no it can't be. But what if it is?! No it's possible. He could have gone through an awful disease or a surgery. Yeah! No wait! No that's even worse! Ugh!'

Luhan couldn't stop staring. He was ably to pick up a bit of their conversion. "-order something good to eat you haven't had an actual meal since that Friday. I know you're depressed over what happened…"

Luhan's eyes widened with those words and everything after that fell to a deaf ear, everything including Sehun's blabbering. He was deep in his thoughts as ran out of the restaurant, leaving everything behind and without looking back as Sehun yelled after him. 

 

 

 

---------------

A/N: 

Hey, guys the new chapter is finally out! Yeah!

Sorry took me sooo long to update but I had some personal problems. Everything is pretty much alright now, tho. I'm not sure about the quality of the chapter (honestly I'm not completely satisfied by it). 

Anyway thank you soooo much for the support. I honestly didn't except that anyone would like the story but now that it got upvotes and likes and comments it makes me really happy! Love you guys!!!!