5.

A misunderstanding (Previously: It's so simple)

The moment Luhan got to his dorm room he ran straight to the bathroom. He washed his lips that much that they became thin as paper. He had rubbed his lips till he finally stopped feeling disgusted. That night it took him a lot of time to fall asleep, actually he barely slept at all. He couldn't get that out of his mind.

Luhan wished that Xiumin was there. Somehow the other always made him feel relaxed and comfortable.

He now understood why Xiumin said that Chen wasn't his friend. If only he had listened to the older he wouldn't be here now in his room with that awful feeling on his lips.

-----

In the morning he felt like a zombie. He really dreaded the idea to go to class, he just wanted to sleep. But he knew if he did that than:

first he won't see Xiumin

second he will get scold by the later.

He got up from his bed and went to get ready for the day. He decide to put some make-up on to hide the fact that he was dead tired at least to not worry his friend. The make-up that he used was mostly foundation and a bit of eyeliner to make his eyes look less sleepy.

They were at same place, as always. Luhan was really hungry so he got himself an omelet, Xiumin had a toast. When Luhan finished his food he looked at Xiumin, who had barely touched his toast, spacing out.

"Hey Baozi, are you okey?" Luhan asked concerned about his friend, who usually doesn't just space out.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Xiumin replayed finally starting to eat his toast. Luhan just shrugged it off. Guess everyone has their occasions on spacing out.

"Can I have a bite?" Luhan opened his mouth, making an 'ahh' sound, but was surprised when the older pushed his plate of what was left of his breakfast to Luhan. That was strange from the younger's point of view. Xiumin was the one who started feeding him first and now he was acting off. It has always been Luhan who refused to be feed the other or to be fed by him.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Luhan asked again. There was something fishy about his friend.

"Yeah. Don't worry. I was just thinking about the project. You know how it is." Xiumin smiled a little bit and the other felt relieved. He didn't press on the subject any more. He knew how important it was for Xiumin's grade.

-----

At lunch when Luhan went to Xiumin's and his usual table he was nowhere to be seen. He looked around only to find him seated at the other side of the cafeteria with Kris, Tao, Suho and some other people he didn't know. The table was full and they were laughing and Xiumin was smiling a lot not like the morning with him. Luhan didn't want to intrude on them having fun. He was glad to see that the older was having feeling better but it pained him as well seeing how different he acted with his other friends compered to him. He never fooled around with him the way he does now. Was he really not that fun to be around?

He shook that thought off and sat down on his favourite seat. He did something he hadn't done in a long time, he read a book while eating. The last time he had done that was if he remembered correctly two days after meeting Xiumin, so it has been more then month since than. It felt odd.

When he looked up he saw Chen smiling at him with a beaten up face. He had the urge to ran away but didn't when the other started talking.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I should have done that, sorry. I... You're too cute to ignore and when I got the chance I just tried my luck." Chen said looking sheeply at his hands, that were on top of the table fringing nonstop.

Luhan didn't know what to do or say about that so he changed the subject. "What happened to your face?"Don't get him wrong he was still mad at Chen but he wasn't heartless, so when he saw the state of the other he was worried. And he apologized already so what's the problem?

"Oh that. I got in a fight." He said half lying. It's not like he can just say he was beaten by his ex, that will sound pathetic.

"What!?! Are you alright?" Luhan was in full motherly mode right now, taking Chen's face in his hands and examining it for any serious wounds.

"Man, if you continue I may incidentally kiss you again."

Luhan retreated his hands back faster than it was physically possible. Chen laughed heartily at that. "I'm just joking, dude. No need to freak out. I won't do anything."

Luhan narrowed his eyes and hit his hand lightly but laughed the next second, couldn't contain himself.

At that moment from the other side if the room someone looked completely pissed off with the situation. 'How can he be laughing with him when yesterday he was furious at same person?' Xiumin thought looking at their direction. 'What the hell is happening there?'


-----


"By the way, you look hot with make up on. You should wear some more often." Chen commented on Luhan's appearance.

"Well, you can dream about it since it's just for today."

"Don't be like that you will break the hearts of your fans. They would love to see you like that more often." Chen said pouting.

"By fans you mean yourself? Because I don't have fans, I'm not some kpop idol."

"You do. You just don't notice, I guess. I'm here from two day and I already know. How can you not notice?" Chen asked in disbelief. How can someone as handsome as Luhan not have fans?

"Look over there." Chen said pointed with his thumb secretly towards a table with girls near them. They were staring at Luhan from the moment the entered the cafeteria.

When Luhan look towards the girls they turned to the other side and Luhan blushed, the were really looking at him.

"I'm going to the toilet." Chen announced standing up and leaving the other alone.


-----


"Guys I'll be back in awhile." Xiumin said seeing a certain someone leaving the cafeteria.

 

-----

A/N:

Hey guys. Sorry for the long wait.

Hope you enjoy it. :)