6.

A misunderstanding (Previously: It's so simple)

Xiumin followed Chen with his eyes as he left the cafeteria.

"Guys I'll be back in a while." He said and practically ran out the room.

He soon caught up to Chen and turned him around, pushing him against the wall.

"What did I tell you?" Xiumin everything but shouted at the other. "Stay away from Luhan. Don't even talk to him!"

"I don't see a problem with me talking to him. I even apologized to him. And honestly you saw him, right? He was having fun with me." Chen smirked. "And you can't really tell me what to do, you broke up with me, remember?"

Xiumin slammed Chen harder against the wall. "'Coz you are a cheating bastard! Don't go near Luhan or next time your nose won't be the only broken thing, you understand?" Xiumin pushed him once again before he turned around and left.

Chen smiled bitterly as he continued his way to do the toilet.


-----


"What took you so long?" Luhan asked once Chen was back.

"Oh, just met an old friend. We chatted a little." Luhan hummed at that.

The bell rang signaling that it's time for their class, so the two made their way to the classroom. They had singing together, Luhan found out and was kinda glad that there was someone he knew in that class. Sehun had modeling and Xiumin had dance, so he was more or less alone.

The both of them sat next to each other at the front. The classroom filled in quickly. Most of the students sat at the back so they could use their phones or sleep or do something that has nothing to do with the class. A lot of people sign in this class because you could pass easily and that means less studying and a better record since you can get good grades, if you don't sound like a tone deaf. In that class only a couple of people actually wanted to work with singing, Luhan found that really sad. 'If they don't want to be in the class then why sign for it?'

"Uhmm… excuse me." A short and shy boy said. "Is this seat e-empty?"

Luhan looked at the the boy. "Yeah, you can sit." He said while patting the seat next to him. The new boy bowed politely and sat down.

"I'm Chen and this is Luhan." Chen introduced extending his arm to the new boy.

"I'm Kyungsoo but you can call me D.O." He shook Chen's hand.

"Ya, Lu why is the teacher taking so long." Chen asked, frustrated from all the waiting.

"Oh, about that from today we are having a new teacher." D.O answered. "Mrs. Park took a leave from school due to pregnancy."

After about five minutes the door opened and everyone went quiet. In the room walked a tall and good looking guy. By just one look you could tell he was buff even trought his suit. He look really intimidating.

“Hello everyone my name is Choi SiWon, I here to replace Mrs. Park.” A deep voice was heard. “But you can call me Siwon.” The new teacher said while braking out in a grin that to some people looked somewhat creepy. For the rest of the class all he did was tell stories and stupid jokes.

"Well that was strange." Luhan said after exiting the classroom.

“You can say that again. I thought that it was going to be a singing class. I didn't sign for that .” D.O said frustrated.

"You like singing?" Luhan questioned.

"Of course! Music is my life!" Luhan grinned. ‘Finally someone else who signed for the music not the grade.’ He thought.

Luhan's phone buzzed signaling a text message, so he fished it out from his pocket and checked it.

From Sehun:
We haven't hung out in awhile. Do you think your boyfriend will let you see me soon. I miss you :* :* ‹3

To Sehun:
First of all he is NOT my boyfriend!
Second: EW! What's with you. Are you sick or dying? Should I come?

From Sehun:
What do you mean? I'm completely fine.

To Sehun:
Are you sure?
You don't say you miss me and more importantly kisses and a damn heart, seriously?

From Sehun:
Whatever! So do you intend to see me any time soon or did you throw me away for your new “friend”.

To Sehun:
I didn't throw you away. I would never do that!
Well, I'm free for tonight.
I will invite some friends, if that's okey with you?

From Sehun:
Great!
Go ahead, I will invite some myself.
But if possible without your boyfri... I mean “friend”. ;)

‘God! He makes those awful jokes even when texting. He is just helpless!’ Luhan thought pocketing his phone.

"Hey guys! Are you free tonight?" The oldest asked.

"For you always!" Chen grinned receiving a smack on the back of his head courtesy to Luhan.

"I'm going out tonight with my friend and some of his friends. Are you in?"

"Sure." D.O muttered.

"Is that friend perhaps Xiumin?" Chen smirked.

"No, I don't only hang out with him." Luhan said, tad bit of annoyance mix in his tone. "Now give me your phone numbers so I can text you where and when to meet."


----


Luhan just got ready for the night out and was about to leave.

"Hey. Where are we going today?" Luhan heard a voice say, a voice he knew all too well.

"Sorry, I have plans with Sehun."

"What!?!" The other shouted in disbelief. "We always have dinner together on Friday."

"I guess today is different. I haven't been out with Sehun in awhile."

"No, no, no. Friday we eat dinner together."

"Well, Xiumin, we have lunch together, too, but I guess today is not like that." Luhan finally turned around after finishing the last touches to his hair style. "I have to go. Bye."

Xiumin pulled his arm and spun him so they were face to face. "Wait. Are you mad that I ditched you at lunch?"

"No. Why would I? I know that you want to spend time with your other friends." Luhan took a deep breath. "And so do I."

"Then why are you mad?"

"I'm not mad."

"You are."

"Am not."

"Yes, you are! You can't lie to me, you know that." Xiumin sighed. "Now tell me why." He demanded.

Luhan pulled his hand away roughly. "You want to know why!" Luhan snapped. "I'll tell you. This morning with me you acted off but at lunch you acted normal around them. You joked around with your friends, doing dumb things and laughing heartily. You do that with all of your friends… except me." His voice sounded tired and sad. "You don't do any of those things with me, I mean you joke and laugh but not in the same way. It… It's as if you force yourself. And after I witnessed that today I came to realize that probably you force yourself to be around me, since you pity me." Luhan finished.

He sniffed, not realizing that he started crying at some point, and took a deep breath. Xiumin reached for his hand and he slapped it away.

"No, don't. Stop... Just stop it. I don't need you to bother about me any more I have new friends, so go on and have fun with yours." Luhan removed the tears that managed to roll down his cheeks.

"But Luhan I…" Xiumin started.

"Don't!" Luhan shouted. "I'm going. They are waiting for me."

"Please listen to me." Xiumin said in a despaired tone but was harshly stop when Luhan clasped his hand over the older's mouth.

"Leave." Luhan muttered exhaustedly and Xiumin hesitated for a moment but eventually did what he was told.

 

--------

A/N:

Hey guys! I'm back.

I hope you like this update, it's not the best, sorry, I tried but couldn't write anything for quite some time. Thank you for patiently waiting.

I'm currently working on the next chapter as well, so I'll probably update soon (hopefully)!

Just a little warning!

The story took a turn and some how it got angsty. It's going to be like that for some time.