7.

A misunderstanding (Previously: It's so simple)

Xiumin exited the room as he was told. When he turned the corner of the hallway he fell to the ground. He couldn't explain to himself what had just happened. He felt something hot on his cheeks that he hadn't felt for quite sometime. Oh yeah, those were tears.

"I must be an idiot." He sobbed in his hands. He stayed like that for god knows how long letting the endless tears seep from his red and puffy eyes.

Xiumin couldn't remember how but he was somehow in front of his room, now already numb to the pain in his chest. He pushed the door open and was met with darkness and loneliness. After pondering over why, he managed to remember that Suho went to his parent's house for the weekend, which meant that he was all alone till Sunday. Just great!

Xiumin didn't bother to turn the lights on he just dragged himself to his bed and fell on top of it as if he was dead. Right now he wished to be but luck was not on his side today. He didn't move even an inch for more than an hour thinking things over he just couldn't believe that that had happened. When he finally moved he just curled in a ball and cried his eyes, yet again.

-----

It was Sunday afternoon when Suho got back to the dorms. He hadn't heard from Xiumin for almost two days and that kinda bothered him.

When he entered the room he got the shock of his life! The room was dark with the curtains down, the air was stuffy and at the corner of the room he saw something sitting on the floor covered with blankets. He got closer and was horrified to find out that thing was actually his best friend. Xiumin looked pale with awful bags under his eyes, he was thinner than before and completely lifeless staring at nothing in particular with blank eyes.

Suho grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him to wake him, if he was even alive at this point. With a bit of delay Xiumin turned his head slowly towards the younger. The moment he saw Suho he hugged him and started sobbing violently, yet again. Suho, despite not knowing the reason for his friend's distress, returned the hug really tightly and began to rock them back and fort in an attempt to calm the older.


----

After what seemed like hours Xiumin finally calmed down, well at least enough to speak.

"Hey, can you tell me what's the problem? I haven't seen you like that for years." Suho asked, voice filled with concerned. Xiumin looked down at his hands that laid on top of his lap.

"I… Uhmm..Lu- Luhan. He hates me…" Tears filled his eyes, just like every other time he thought of that uneventful day. "He thinks.. I had been his friend just, just because I… I pitied him and tha-that I forced myself to be with h-him." His voice weak and trembling as he shortly explained his Friday night.

"What!?!" Suho shouted. "Why would he say that? Is he an idiot?"

"You know what, I'm going to talk with him. No actually I'll just kill him. Yeah that sounds better. I can't believe he did that to you." Suho sprung to his feet.

"No! Stop. It's not his fault. I-I guess I acted odd after that day. It's all because of me." Xiumin tried to stand up but failed resulting in him falling back on his .

“Hey! Are you alright?” Suho helped him up.

"Yeah… No, I'm not! Why is it always me, who gets hurt. I don't understand. Why am I always the one in pain?" The older questioned, holding onto the other for balance.

"I'm sorry that I hadn't been here when you needed me, if I knew I would had come right away. When did it happened?"

"Uhmm... Friday."Xiumin breathed softly.

"Friday!?!" Suho pulled away from Luhan to take a better look at him. "By the way you look awful. Did you sleep at all?" His voice was lanced with concerned.

"I had tried a couple of times but couldn't." Xiumin dried his tears with his blanked, that was still tightly wrapped around him. "I haven't move from here since then."

"So, you haven't slept or ate anything since Friday?" The older only shook his head in response. Suho cradled him in his arms and carried him to his bed. He ordered Xiumin to stay where he was, not that the older had any intentions to move at all, and went to the kitchen.

The younger returned shortly after with a plate of deliciously smelling food and a bottle of water. "Eat this." He placed the food and water on the nightstand next to the bed. "It's from mum she said to bring you food since you love her cooking, I heated it up just now."

"I don't feel like eating."

"You have to, if you plan to stay alive." Suho was already holding a spoonful for Luhan to eat. "Just a bit, okay?" Xiumin hesitatingly took it in his mouth and chewed slowly.

"Good boy. Here some water." The younger handed him the opened bottle. He continued to feed his best friend with small bites of food.

"It's tasteless."

"That's coz your heart is broken, dummy?" Suho said with a sad smile.

In about 10 minutes after finishing his food Xiumin had fallen asleep due to the sleeping pill Suho had put in his food.

"I'm sorry, Minnie. I hope you won't be mad at me after this. I just wanted you to be able to rest." Suho ran his fingers through the sleeping boy's hair.

The younger then proceeded making the other boy more comfortable in his bed and pulling the blanket over him.

"Good night, Minnie." He said softly, giving a small kiss to his temple. "I hope you can finally be with someone, who cares for you as much as I do. You deserve so much more than people give you, my angel."

 

-------

A/N:

So here's a new chapter. Yay!!!

It was spoused to be longer but I cut it in 2 short chapters. So this is the first one and hopefully the second one will be done soon.

I may do some small changes, mostly editing since I didn't have much time for that since I wanted to post it as soon as possible for you guys.

I haven't proofread it yet, so there might be some mistakes.

Thank you so much for upvoting, commenting and subscribing to this story you guys make my day :)

I love you and am thankful for being patient with my slow updates.

I hope you're all facing a grate day!