24.12.2015 (Christmas Day)

Winter Wonderland

Himchan and Yongguk had been hesitant about accepting the invite of Mr. and Mrs. Jung at first. They knew that the Jungs were open and understanding about their unusual type of family but another family had been invited, bringing their two sons who happened to be good friends of their little Youngjae. They had accepted eventually and arrived with a bottle of wine, presents for the children and nervousness in their stomachs.

It turned out that they had worried for no reason because Junhong's and Jongup's parents were just as sweet as the Jungs. Daehyun's mother was an excellent cook and she had presented a table full of so much food, it would be enough to feed an army. Especially for the children it was difficult to sit still at the table and focus on their food, after all Santa was waiting for them after it. Nonetheless, Himchan insisted that Youngjae would at least finish the vegetables in his bowl and so he did.

Youngjae looked absolutely gorgeous in black trousers and a white woollen sweater with a little black bow-tie. First, Himchan had protested about the white sweater, they were 4 children and things would most likely get dirty once they started playing with crayons or even the food. But Yongguk had insisted on it and as always, Himchan had not been able to say no to him. The other boys were dressed up for Christmas as well and Himchan had high hopes that they would try to be a little bit more careful, it worked so far because each of them was behaving so well at the dining table.

When they finished eating and cleaned up the dishes, Himchan and Mrs. Jung took the boys into Daehyun's room so the others could prepare the presents. The boys were excited and hyper, they had problems to keep them in the room until the bell would ring from the living room. Himchan had taken the duty of playing the horse whilst the boys took turns in who would be the knight, fighting the bad dragon who was played by Mrs. Jung. In the end, they all climbed on Himchan's back and he almost collapsed when they urged him to approach the dragon on all fours. But the boys laughed and Mrs. Jung laughed too and even though Himchan felt slightly embarrassed, it was his Youngjae who gave the dragon the final blow and suddenly, it didn't matter anymore.

The bell chimed from the other room and the boys stormed to the door all at once, abandoning their loyal horse and the dragon in the room. Himchan got up as graceful as possible and dusted his pants, he didn't want to miss the moment his baby boy opened his presents so he hurried after them with Mrs. Jung on his tail. The light in the living room was dim, only the candles on the Christmas tree and the other decorations were providing a warm light.

All four of the boys were already sitting in front of the wrapped boxes, trying to find their own. “This is yours Junhong,” Youngjae mumbled and handed Junhong a large box. Junhong's eyes grew as big as saucers as he observed the huge box and he started ripping off the shining gold paper. Inside was a racing track and Junhong squeaked happily. They kept exchanging boxes until every boy had a little mountain with his own presents in front of them.

On the floor were toy cars, stuffed animals, books, a little skateboard, clothes, movies, and even more toys, it was difficult to say which of the items belonged to which boy but they were too busy enjoying Junhong's racing track to care. The track had 4 lanes and they were racing each other and tackling the winning boy to make him lose. In the end Jongup won and he ran a round around the room to celebrate his victory.

Jongup had received a whole collection of Disney movies and the boys begged so long until they were allowed to watch the Lion King. Mrs Jung got out all the spare blankets and pillows they had and spread everything out on the floor so the boys would be warm and soft when they watched. Junhong, the youngest of them was the first one who fell asleep, his head comfortable on Youngjae's feet. All the excitement had probably been too much for the boys because neither of them made it to the second half of the movie. They were lying in weird angles, limbs entangled in a way that didn't look comfortable at all but they were sleeping peacefully.

Himchan took a picture of the sweet scene in front of them and the adults moved to the kitchen. They decided to have a few drinks together and for the case the boys would not wake up any time soon, they were allowed a spontaneous sleep-over at Daehyun's house.