14.12.2015 (Christmas Movies)

Winter Wonderland

Christmas didn't quite go how Youngjae had planned. It was supposed to be the time of love but it turned out to be one dreadful day. His brother had brought his girlfriend, who was everything but pleasant. Even at the first look Youngjae knew he didn't like her and it seemed like his parents agreed. The mood was already tense and it escalated when Youngjae's father once again started to nag him about his future choices. Youngjae had repeatedly chanted 'not today, not today' as he kept quiet and hoped he would stop going on and on and on. He had not stopped and it ended with Youngjae stomping away even before he finished dinner.

It took only a quick call to his best friend Daehyun and a few minutes later he slammed the door shut behind him, with a backpack full of clothes and another few necessities. Daehyun welcomed him with the full package, pizza, soju and more cheesy Christmas films they could ever watch.

Daehyun let Youngjae ramble about his brother's girlfriend, her stupid high pitched laughter and her manicured nails that looked like she could spike someone's eyes out with them. Daehyun laughed when Youngjae mimicked her voice and poured him another shot of soju even though he knew that Youngjae already had more than enough, because that was what friends would do.

They were in the middle of the third movie and Youngjae had already forgotten what it was about, apart from Christmas, but it didn't matter anyway. His head was lying on Daehyun's lap and they shared the chocolate cookies Daehyun's mother had baked. A funny scene played on the screen and they laugh but then it reminded Youngjae of his fight with his parents and the mood was gone. He started rambling again and Daehyun was a good friend who pet his hair and assured him that he made the right decision to follow his own dream instead of his parents.

Youngjae knew that Daehyun meant every word, they had always been inseparable, rarely disagreed on something and both of them were sure that their friendship would last forever. It was already late at night and they were so drunk that they giggled over every single scene of yet another movie they were barely able to follow. It was nice, being cuddled up with Daehyun on his bed, feeling the other's warmth that comforted him until he fell into a peaceful slumber.

For a moment, Youngjae's worries didn't matter. Even if his whole world would break down one day he knew that he still had one place he could go to: Daehyun. He was grateful to have met such a wonderful person who had become the best friend he could imagine. The next morning he would wake up, still embraced in the warmth that was Daehyun and he knew that there would be a huge hangover breakfast be waiting for them because Daehyun's mother was just as much of an angel as he was.

With Daehyun, everything fell into the right place and when a warm pair of lips pressed the most tender kiss possible on Youngjae's forehead, he knew that everything would be alright.