12.12.2015 (Winter Clothes)

Winter Wonderland

Yongguk lets the fabric slide through his fingers, humming approvingly when it feels soft and comfortable. The sweater is bright and yellow and he thinks it will suit his little Youngjae perfectly. His son is a ball of sunshine, he brightens Yongguk's life every day and it doesn't matter that the little toddler is adopted, Yongguk and Himchan love him as their own. Yongguk pictures the little boy wearing the sweater and he can't help but smile, Youngjae will look absolutely adorable.

Himchan comes around the corner and looks at the item in Yongguk's hand and then on the other items already hanging from Yongguk's arm. He rolls his eyes and asks “Seriously?”. It seems to be Himchan's favourite word recently but Yongguk really can't help it, he just wants to spoil their little son. Himchan takes the little yellow jumper in his hands and for a moment he looks impressed but then he looks at the label and gapes. Oops. Yongguk is already trying to figure out what to say because he already knows what Himchan is about to say.

It's cashmere,” Himchan states, Yongguk nods. “Youngjae is 2 years old.” Yongguk nods again. Himchan sighs. He knows there is no point discussing this with Yongguk because in the end, Himchan would give in anyway. “He will grow out of it in a few months, does it really need to be such an expensive sweater?” Himchan asks anyway.

It will keep him warm in the cold and it's soft,” Yongguk says. It's useless to discuss with Yongguk, so Himchan takes a closer look at the sweater. It does look cute, Himchan has to admit and he can perfectly picture his little baby boy wearing this together with a cute hat, a scarf and a pair of red mittens that he just walked past a few minutes ago. The look on Yongguk's face tells that he know he has won, but Himchan doesn't mind any longer. Instead, he drags Yongguk along to the aisle with the cute mittens he wanted to show him anyway.

They leave the shop with another two sweaters, one in green and one in a light blue, two pairs of mittens and a yellow Pikachu beanie with cute ears for Youngjae. Yongguk couldn't wait to see how Youngjae would look like in his new clothes. The toddler is currently with Yongguk's sister who has taken a liking towards him right away. She would always say that Youngjae would end up being a spoiled brat of Yongguk keeps treating him like that but in the end she's all the same.


 

After a bit of a fight, Youngjae is finally wearing his new outfit. The yellow sweater looks just as cute on him as they imagined and it brings out his chocolate coloured eyes perfectly. When Himchan shows his son the Pikachu beanie, Youngjae squeaks delightfully, stretching out both of his arms to grab for the funny looking thing. Yongguk puts it on Youngjae's head carefully and the little boy breaks out into a huge grin immediately, he even looks proud, Yongguk thinks.

They go out for a walk, new beanie, scarf and mittens keeping the boy warm as he walks through the snow. There's a spring in his step as he shows off his Pikachu beanie happily and an elderly couple even stops to compliment him. Maybe Youngjae will be a spoiled brat when he gets older, Yongguk doesn't care, he just wants his son to grow up happily with everything he needs.