22.12.2015 (Stockings)

Winter Wonderland

Christmas morning was always an exciting event for the three brothers Himchan, Youngjae and Junhong. As the first thing in the morning they would throw the blanket to the side and take the stocking off of the bed, emptying the whole content on the bed. Junhong as the youngest was the first one to wake up, his cheerful giggles always waking up his brothers.

Their parents were always very generous so each of them found their stocking full of chocolates on Christmas morning. Junhong was already up, making little piles of chocolates in front of him, deciding which ones he would keep an which ones he would give to his brothers. It was another tradition for them that they would give those chocolates they did not like a lot to one of the others who liked it and receive something else instead.

Youngjae yawned and stretched his tired body, rolling over to look at his younger brother in their shared room. It took a moment for him to realize what Junhong was doing, to remember that it was Christmas morning and that he too had a stocking waiting for him at the end of his bed. He got up and threw his pillow at Himchan who was still sound asleep. Himchan groaned and was just about to say something when Youngjae cheerfully sang “It's chocolate time~.”

Himchan rolled over one more time but the ripping of papers was too disturbing so he decided it was time to get up as well. He started picking on the chocolates, this year's harvest was very large. Himchan didn't like white chocolate so he threw them over to Youngjae, who smiled cheerfully and mumbled a 'thanks' with his mouth full of chocolate. Junhong gave his white chocolates to Youngjae too and stretched over to give Himchan everything that contains nuts or any other fillings.

Their mother could just put one kind of chocolate into their stockings but she didn't want to break the tradition of her sons so she made sure that each of them had a bit of everything in their own stock. When they were younger, they would find little games and puzzles in their stockings but they were in a teenager age where no game seemed suitable anymore. But Youngjae still used the ball pen with a Pikachu figure at the end of it that he had received 2 years ago.

With every type of chocolates being given to the right person, they munched happily until their mother came in to call them for breakfast. A smile was on her face when she saw the peaceful atmosphere. Soon they would be too old to be sharing a room and would rather have their own private space but until then, she enjoyed seeing her 3 little angels together like this. Although they were quite different, they balanced each other and went on well, always being there for one another if they needed.

One day they would be adults and filling the stockings for their children and hopefully they could pass this happy memories down to their family as well.