When he leaves you part 2/2

Lay One Shots

4 years later

You were walking with your 3 year old son to the small cafe down the street from your apartment. You were going to move to a house in the next few months. It was better for your child and better for you.

Fortunately, you were able to get a job as a nurse at the hospital in your city. You had moved to another city because back then, you couldn't bear to live in that apartment where everything fell apart.

Your parents took the news surprisingly well. They understood your situation and supported you through everything. They were super excited to have a grandchild. After all, you were an only child.

You and your son Taehyung entered the cafe and walked up to the counter. You almost fainted when you saw him. It had been 5 years since you last saw Lay. He was also shocked to see you. You stared at each other for a few seconds until Taehyung broke the silence.

"Mommy! Carry me please!" You picked Taehyung up.

"Can we have one blueberry muffin and a latte please."you said and shoved the cash into Lay's hand. 

"Keep it all."you quickly said before turning around and sitting at the table. You sat down and placed Taehyung on your lap. He played with your long, black hair. You thought you would never see him again. And if you did see him again, you would've expected him to be with someone else. 

It hurt you to think that, but it was the truth. You both had moved on. You had loved Lay so much, and even though he broke your heart that night, you couldn't love anyone but him. Half of your memories you had were with Lay. Those memories weren't easy to forget.

You looked up to see Lay heading towards you with your order. You thanked him and tore off a piece of the muffin for Taehyung before handing it to him. That muffin was as big as Taehyung's head and you were without a doubt sure he couldn't eat himself.

Lay sat on the seat across from you and stared at Taehyung.

"Is this.."He started but you cut him off.

"Yes it is."You softly said.

He nodded and continued to stare at Taehyung in awe. You wiped off the crumbs on Taehyung's face.

"He looks alot like me."Lay said.

You didn't respond. Taehyung looked up at you and asked, "Who is that mommy?"

You froze and didn't know what to say. Taehyung had only lived with you and never had a dad before. Should you tell him that Lay was actually his dad? What if it was a bad idea to tell Taehyung?

You gulped and responded, "Taehyungie, this is your daddy. He was gone to...buy you toys."

You tried not to laugh when you said why Lay was gone. This moment was important and life changing for all of you. It was quite emotional for Lay and Taehyung was clueless at what was going on.

"Mommy, can I see the toys?"He asked and you gulped. You didn't want to disappoint Taehyung. Plus, he would end up throwing a tantrum. 

"We'll get you a toy at the store across the street."Lay suddenly said. Taehyung started to dance in his seat. Lay picked Taehyung up and held your hand. You were surprised by his action. But what he did next shocked you. He planted a kiss on your lips!

You didn't respond, but quickly did. You missed him so much. All his hugs and kisses. Even his cuddles and definitely and his delicious food he cooked up. He crouched down and you were confused.

"Yahh! Get on my back. I'm getting old and this crouching will break my back soon!"

You giggled and got on his back. He was carrying you and Taehyung at the same time. He put you down when you reached the toy store and he pulled you against his chest.

"Please forgive me baby. I made a mistake, but I think I'm ready to become dad."

You smiled and kissed him. Everything ended happily after all!