(_|_)

효태 Short Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If I Ain’t Got You

--

 

Taeyeon was losing her mind. Insanity has taken over. Her heart was shattering over and over again as Hyoyeon continued to speak. Their words were like blades, stabbing her heart continuously without a mercy. Hot tears weren’t stopping themselves from streaming down on her cheeks as how a river would be flowing without an end.

 

What is this?

 

“Hyoyeonie, please.” She heard her voice, her shaky voice that was coming out from . “Don’t do this to me. We can work this out!”

 

A heavy sigh left Hyoyeon’s mouth. She shook her head disapprovingly at to what the former just said. “No, we can’t. We can’t, Taeyeonie.”

 

“Hyoyeon—”

 

“Goddamn it, Taeyeon! I said it’s over!” Even if she didn’t want to, Hyoyeon had to raise her voice. She needed Taeyeon to get the message: she’s not in love with Taeyeon anymore. She was no longer feeling the same way. The feelings weren’t mutual anymore.

 

And that just broke Taeyeon’s heart in various ways.

 

“Stop,” Hyoyeon stopped, allowing herself to break down into tears as well before shaking her head. No, she was sure that she was no longer feeling something for Taeyeon. That crazy feeling they called ‘love’. “Stop trying to stop me. It would hurt the both of us more if this continues.”

 

“But I need you, Hyoyeonie! You can’t just say that it’s over without a reason—”

 

“I don’t love you anymore! Don’t you get it?” Hyoyeon roughly pulled her hand away from Taeyeon’s touch. “It’s gone, Taeyeon ah. The spark that I had for you, it’s gone. Gone!”

 

Taeyeon fell on her knees, her tears were unstoppable at this very moment. “No!”

 

“That’s my reason.” Hyoyeon yanked her leg away as soon as Taeyeon was gripping on it, causing Taeyeon’s head to almost knock on the floor. “This ends here.”

 

“H–Hyoyeon, Hyoyeon!” No matter how many times she called for the latter’s name, they just won’t bother to give a reply.

 

Nor they would bother to look back at her.

 

“HYOYEON AH!”

 

-*-

 

Taeyeon shot up from the bed with a jolt, her chest rise and fall rapidly as if she was having trouble breathing. Within seconds after gaining conscious from sleeping, she started to feel hot and realized it was already morning; sunlight rays shined her bedroom through the blinds. Hell, she doesn’t care about that as of now. She quickly picked up her phone from the nightstand beside her bed and called someone.

 

She didn’t realize she was crying.

 

“Oh hey, good morning, beautiful! I was just about to call you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter