(_|_)

효태 Short Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Annoying Customer

--

 

 

Hyoyeon was about to turn the door sign from “Welcome”, to “Closed” when she heard someone shouted.

 

“STOPPP!!” 

 

“We’re closing…” Hyoyeon said hesitantly.

 

“There’s still five minutes, I really need my caffeine fix, please!”

 

“Okay then…” 

 

Hyoyeon open her register again and got the customer’s order, “Can I get your order?”

 

“Caramel Macchiato, thank you.” 

 

“Sure. Can I have your name?’

 

“Kim Tae Yeon.”

 

Kim Tae Yeon… Ugh! Why do you have to come five minutes before the shop closes!

 

After getting her drink, Taeyeon sat at a corner of the café and watches Hyoyeon as she stacks the chairs up on the table, cleans the table and wipes the glass door. After finishing her macchiato, Taeyeon went to Hyoyeon who is now wiping the display shelf.

 

“This is for you, so sorry for delaying your closing hours.” Taeyeon handed Hyoyeon a packet of gummy sweets.

 

“Ah, it’s nothing. Customers are always right anyway. But thank you so much. I’ll eat it well.” Hyoyeon waved her hand at Taeyeon.

 

 

x

 

 

It’s Hyoyeon’s favorite time of the day again, closing time. Hyoyeon walked out of the counter to see the door opening, revealing the annoying customer Hyoyeon served last night who came in just five minutes before the shop closes. Today, it was no difference.

 

“I’m sorry! I came late again, I tried my best but my boss wouldn’t let me go.” Taeyeon bowed continuously.

 

“It’s fine.. Please proceed to the counter.” Hyoyeon’s mood dropped instantly when she won’t be able to go home before midnight again tonight.

 

“What’s the most recommended coffee here?” Taeyeon asked while looking at the menu.

 

“Toffee Nut latte is our best selling one, do you want to give it a try?” Hyoyeon promoted the drink briefly because she’s tired as hell.

 

“Sure. I’ll have that.” 

 

This time, Hyoyeon wrote down Taeyeon’s name on the cup without asking because she definitely would remember that one person who delays the café closing hours.

 

Taeyeon was seated at the seat she took yesterday, Hyoyeon looked at her and smiled before she goes to do her usual night routine, which is to clean up the entire café.

 

“Isn’t it tiring? To be cleaning the whole café by yourself?” Taeyeon asked while Hyoyeon was stacking up the chairs. She was getting bored.

 

“I’m used to it.” Hyoyeon smiled.

 

“Are you the only one who works here? I’ve never seen anyone else besides you.”

 

“Ha ha ha, I requested to work night shift because I have classes in the morning.”

 

“You’re still studying?”

 

“I don’t look like I am? Ha ha. Yes I am still studying university.” 

 

“Ah… I’m already on attachment.” 

 

The two chatted for quite a long time and even until Hyoyeon had finished cleaning the whole café.

 

“I’m sorry for bothering you, Hyoyeon. This is for you.” Taeyeon took the paper cup with her as she walked to the door. She handed Hyoyeon a small bouquet of roses.

 

“Nah, don’t say that. It’s nice to meet you. They’re really beautiful, thank you so much.” 

 

 

x

 

 

It’s five minutes before the closing hour… Will she come… Will she come…

 

Hyoyeon was looking at the door while wiping the cups.

 

10PM.

 

Maybe she just went home today.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter