(_|_)

효태 Short Stories Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nervous Flyer

--

 

 

Ugh.

 

I hate my sister Soo Young. 

 

She shouldn't have gotten a free premium ticket to Korea's highest and biggest flyer and then go on a date with her girlfriend!!!!!!!!

 

Yep. Soo Young only had a free ticket and she decided to give it to me.

 

Getting expensive tickets for free should be a happy thing right? Yea, BUT NOT WHEN I HAVE FREAKING PHOBIA OF HEIGHTS! 

 

Soo Young forced me to go for the flyer thing which I'm obviously not fond of. But she said it's expensive and I shouldn't waste it, maybe I could utilize this chance to overcome my phobia of heights. 

 

I objected strongly. Very very very strongly.

 

But two days later I found myself standing in front of the entrance to the flyer. 

 

Why? Because Soo Young forced me out of the house this morning and personally drove me here.

 

I was standing in front of the entrance and holding on to the ticket tightly. I almost crushed it.

 

But Soo Young is right. The ticket is really expensive.

 

I was about to turn back and head home but someone stopped me. 

 

"Hi, miss! You'll enjoy this ride!" She took the ticket on my hand and tore out the part that was supposed to be kept by them and chop a stamp on the one that's supposed to be kept by me.

 

Great. 

 

So I was guided to a cabin for two.

 

For two.

 

Nice, now I have to be all trembling and shivering by myself with this stranger I've never ever seen for the 27 years of my life. 

 

"Good afternoon to all. Welcome to Korea's highest flyer that will bring you through the landscape of Seoul in just 70 minutes! Sit tight, prepare your cameras, hold on to your loved ones and we'll launch in five minutes!"

 

Hold on to your loved ones?

 

THEY NEED TO KNOW I AM ALL BY MYSELF!

 

Nevertheless, I held on to myself really right and just before the door to my cabin closes, a girl rushed in with her big backpack and a minion popcorn bucket hung onto her neck.

 

"I'm sorry!" She apologised for causing inconvenience and took the seat next to me. 

 

"Yay! We're launching! Want some popcorn?" She asked me while putting down her backpack. I ignored her because i was already nervous as hell, heol.

 

My hand was trembling but I hid it because I don't want some stranger to know I'm this kind of a coward.

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, we're pleased to announced that we're reaching the highest point of the flyer in five minutes and for premium ticket holders, we will be staying there for a good twenty minutes for you to capture the breath-taking sceneries of Seoul! Have fun!"

 

The lady announ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter