Eight

Pretender

GO BACK!!!! DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!!

 

 

Chapter Eight
 

“I am really impressed on how you handled Wu Kris’ issue.” The old man smiled.

“It’s a tough one, I thought I won’t be able to help him.” MInzy replied with a low voice.

“But you did so congratulations. Mrs. Wu called, and she said there are no words to express her gratefulness towards you. She really wanted to thank you personally, but she has to go out of town. Though she said it will be really great if you can meet her next month.”

Minzy smiled at the thought of Mrs. Wu being happy now.

“Kris is just really broken inside, he grew up getting the wrong idea about what happened between him, his mother and father. Just like how any children will react, his mechanism is to avoid the person who causes him pain—in this case, his father. At least now, they are already talking with each other plus Kris acknowledges his father again. Time will heal the Wu family.”

Mr. Kim nodded with a soft smile on his lips.

“Well, you can go back to your room and have some good night rest, you deserve it.”

“Thanks Sir.”

“Oh, I almost forgot… I heard you tried so many methods just to get Kris and his father talk. I wonder what your plan c is if ever the ‘orphanage’ method didn’t work.” The old man asked.

Minzy smirked.

“Oh, nothing big… maybe I’ll kidnap Kris then lock him out somewhere with his dad.” She answered right before she closed the door.

 

 

 

“So, you are telling me that Seunghoon knows that you are a girl?” Taemin asked Minzy.

“Yes, but he said he won’t tell anyone. Should I trust him? I haven’t told this to the headmaster yet.”

“Well, for now we observe. But I suggest you to talk to grandfather now. He can help you, after all you are in this kind of mess because he asked you to. So it is his responsibility to help you out.” Taemin said, patting the smaller on the back.

“He won’t get mad right? Like, I’ve been so careless…”

“No he won’t. Don’t worry. I bet he will just feel guilty ‘cause look at your eye bags! You can’t sleep thinking about the seunghoon incident! My poor best friend.” Taemin cooed while the latter just glared at him.

It is true, Minzy barely slept for the past few days. She have been thinking ways on how to inform the headmaster about Seunghoon. It is no students shall know her mission.

“If it will make you better, I’ll help you talk with the principal.”

Minzy smiled. “Really, don’t you think he will be furious since there are two students who is aware of this secret?”

“Seriously, you speak of my grandfather like he is some bad old man.”

“I am being crazy right?”

“You are on the first place, no normal person will do such things!”

They both laugh.

“Who is crazy?” The two friends jump out of their sits as they heard a familiar voice behind them.

Kim Jongin, looking good as always stared at them-eyes searching for something.

“Hey.” Taemin greeted, voice low and Minzy looked at her friend and noticed his mood changed.

The tan male didn’t acknowledge the latter.

“Minsu, Mr. Lee is searching or you.” He simply said.

Minzy nodded and bid Taemin goodbye before going beside Jongin.

Taemin watched the two walk away from him.

 

 

 

Days passed, and everything is working fine with Minzy. She was able to confront the principal about Seunghoon and Taemin. The old man assured her that the two will keep her secret. She was able to talk with Seunghoon once, and she is just happy that the other is with her when it comes to her task.

“The principal talked to me already, like I said before… I assure you that I won’t tell anybody about your secret. You can keep calm now.” Seunghoon gave her a smile.

“Thanks, really….soo much.”

“No problem, maybe we could practice together? Your moves are amazing by the way…and I am not saying that in a sensual way though.” The two shared a good laugh.

“Yes, well…we can practice together at that empty room. Or you know a dance studio near the university?”

“I know one, it’s just a 20 minutes ride away from here.” Seunghoon replied.

“Cool!”

That’s how they started being friends. Seunghoon is not bad at all. He is carefree just like how everybody says about him. She even ask Taemin about the said boy, and all eh said is he is such a big ball of happiness.

Hey would go to the dance studio once a week and Taemin would join them (to her surprise her dear best friend is also a dancer!). Dancing gives her calmness.

“Here.” Taemin gave Minzy bottled water, and on the corner of the room Seunghoon is fixing the music. They will have a few minutes break first before continuing with their dance routine.
“So, how about we join the festival? Isn’t there would be a talent contest something?” Seunghoon said.

“Really? Well, that’s great!” Minzy beamed.

“It will be held almost 2 months from now, guess that is an ample of time for us to prepare?”

Minzy and Seunghoon nodded.

“The passing of forms will be next week, we better prepare our data for it.” Taemin said.

“This is fun.” Minzy said and it is the truth. There is something with dance contest that makes her active and happy. Maybe the rush and the pressure. Or, dancing is just her passion and she just really wanted to scream to the world about her skills.

“And Minzy, maybe we should work on changing your style. I mean who knows maybe Jongin still remembers how his opponent dances?” Seunghoon said.

Oh, right. Minzy grimaced.

“Yeah, don’t worry I’ll do my best and work on it.” She answered with a smile, her fist in front of her as if she is trying to summon energy.

“You can do it.” Taemin said, eyes shining with pride for his friend.

They heard a knock; Seunghoon opened the door and saw a pale beautiful boy carrying a map on his hand.

“Excuse, but I am here to clean first so that you can dance more freely.” The boy said with a gentle smile.

The three nodded and stood at the side of the room and let the new comer to do his job.

Minzy observed that boy, he looks so young yet his face shows that he is tired. Somehow, she can relate to him, going back to her days when she had to work her off every single day.

“I am finish already, you can proceed and sorry for disturbing.” The boy bowed and walked outside the room.

The three murmured their thanks before going on the center of the floor and soon they are moving together with the music.

 

“I feel so fresh!” Minzy said, they took a cautious step on the stairs. The dance for an extra hour, and even though she is tired already she can’t deny the surge of happiness forming inside of her because of dancing. They are already on the exit of the studio when they bumped into some familiar faces from the university.

“Minsu.” A husky voice greeted her.

She nodded back.

“So, you dance?”

“Yeah… just for fun.” She doesn’t know what to say, she is afraid of saying words that can be hold against her in the future. After all, this is Kim Jongin talking to her now.

Of course, there is 90% of bumping into him in this place. He dance remember? Ugh. her mind is haywire at the moment, and she doesn’t know why.

“Well, would love to see you dance someday.”

Oh believe me you already did.

“We better keep going.” Seunghoon said with a smile, he patted Jongin’s shoulder.

“See you around.” The tan male said, and Minzy is not sure if it is for her or for Seunghoon.

There is an awkward silence before the three of them decided it is time to go back to the university.

 

 

Since they are going to join a dance contest, they have to go to the studio 3x a week. And none of them are against it, dancing is life for them. The more they dance, the more they felt alive. Sure it can be tiring most of the time, but is it worth it.

Minzy smiled at herself as she watched her two friends trying to figure out a complete routine for their performance. She now considers Seunghoon as one of her trusted friends. It took some time before she was able to be at ease with him, well—you can’t blame her since she is still going nuts just thinking that he can spill her secrets. Intentional or not.

Seunghoon saved her from a couple of messy times.

Minzy is silently walking on the hallway, she excused herself on her class because she is not feeling well.

Blame the cramps.

She went to the bathroom to fix herself. But then, when was about to reach for her tampons, it is not on her pocket. She checked again.

She felt bullets of sweat rolling down her forehead already. Talk about being unlucky today.

“Damn it, I forgot my phone on my bag.” So the idea of calling Secretary Park Bom or Ms. Park is out of the list already.

She closed her eyes as a wave of pain brushed on her abdomen. She let out a silent cuss and fanned herself.

“You got to be kidding me.” She said to herself as she decided to make a run to her room, she is afraid that there would be a stain on her back. She never hated the khaki uniform until now.

“Minsu…” A voice called out, just right outside her cubicle.

“Seunghoon?” She recognized the owner of the voice.

“Yeah… uhmmm…so, I saw this one fell a while ago while you are walking.” His voice is low, but enough for the latter to hear him.

She ‘tsked’ finally getting the idea what Seunghoon is meaning to say to her.

“Okay, I guess I know what you are trying to say, maybe you can like pass it below?” She said. She waited for Seunghoon to toss her the tampon from the gap below the door.

“Sure. Here…. And I’ll go ahead, I’ll lock the door. Bye.”

“Thanks.” She said getting the tampon from the ground.

And on that moment, she felt safe with the boy.

 

“Earth to Minzy?” Taemin called out while wiggling his hand in front of Minzy’s face.

“Oh…. Yes?” She said, finally getting out from her deep thoughts.

“We said it is time for your routine, just remember the point we told you.”

“Yeah, we can’t afford for them to notice your style. One thing about Kim Jongin, he is good at memorizing his opponents style and dance vibe—if y’ know what I mean. I bet he have you all plastered at the back of his mind, after all you just defeated him.”

“Geez thanks, that is such a motivating message.” Minzy said, shoulders slightly shaking as if she really wanted to show that she is terrified.

“Well then, go on.”

And the music starts.

Minzy swayed around, her feet tracing invisible circles on the smooth floor of the studio. Her hands clasped in front of her, her head is in synched with the movement of her shoulder. Shethen raised her arm, as the music became a little bit emotional. It is Taemin’s idea that they should remix several kinds of music, in order to show mix feelings of people.

She closed her eyes, and just like that she felt like she is utopia.

A place where she will always be happy.

            “Grandma, where’s my mama and papa?”

            The old lady looked at the little girl with sadness all over her face.

“They are just out there, and maybe someday if you are a good girl, you can see them again.”

“Really?”

“Yes, my dear”

 

A six year old girl is walking towards her school, her pink backpack bouncing as she hopped.

“Look at Minzy! Always going here in school alone! Where’s your mama?!”

The girl frowned.

“Maybe Minzy’s mama left her because she always punches boys! No girls do that!”

The girl held her breath.

            “Minzy meanie no mama!”

            And that’s when the little girl cry.

 


“MINSU!” Both Taemin and Seunghoon screamed as they saw their friend fell down.

“Ouch.” She hissed, holding her elbow and ankle.

“Let me check.” Taemin said, his hands carefully touched Minzy’s ankle and she winced.

“It is not broken thank goodness, just sprained… come on I’ll carry you.”

“I slipped.” She said in a low voice.

“Yes, we saw that.”

“you seem distracted though.” Seunghoon added.

“Tired. Maybe just tired.” A Lie.

This is one of her fears, the ghost of the past, even though she pushed herself to move on from all the harsh comments of people around her about her parents—it will always be catching up to her.

“We better go to the clinic so that they can give you ointments and you will be healed in no time.” Taemin smiled at her.

She was lifted off from the ground and Taemin carried her bridal style.

She blushed.

What the heck. She cusses inside her mind.

Good thing they didn’t commute this time and Taemin brought his car with them, so it is easier to go back to the university.

Back in the school, no one is on the hallway—figures since it is dinner time and some are busy with school works. So they can walk on the hallway with no one staring at them.

Taemin carrying her again, while Seunghoon holding all their belongings.

They were about to turn towards the clinic when they saw Jongin coming out from one of the rooms.

“What happened?” He asked. And Minzy can feel the worry from his voice.

“I just slipped nothing major.”

“Practicing for dance? Ah, heard you will join the contest. Guess we have to face each other eh?”

Dumb Jongin, look I am hurt and you are still mocking me.

“Yeah. And be ready because we gonna kick your .” Minzy said with a smirk.

“Eyyy, look at you; I am sure that you are in no condition to kick ma .”

“Come on.” Taemin suddenly said.

And before they enter the clinic, Jongin called her out. “Get well soon Minsu.”

It is barely audible, but Minzy managed to make out the words Jongin told her.

She smiled.

Jongin is kinda good and civilized after all.

 

It is hard to move around with the condition of her feet. She wanted to cry, she is nervous because what if she won’t heal in time? She will have to kiss her chance in the dance contest goodbye.

Taemin and Seunghoon would help her around, they would buy things she needed—even carry her if she has a class on upper floors. She doesn’t mind at all, sometimes it is good to have someone to take care of you.

“Thanks guys seriously.” Minzy smiled.

“It’s nothing. And the nurse said you will get better soon if you don’t move around much—so  let us do the work.” Taemin replied.

“We don’t want to worsen your state eh?” Seunghoon ruffled Minzy’s hair.

“I have a tutorial today, uhmmm… it’s on third floor.” Minzy blushed. She is not used on to asking somebody for help. But heck, her feet is aching and she won’t dare to walk in that condition.

“Okay, we’ll go with you.” Taemin said, helping Minzy out of her sit and carrying her again.

 

Somehow, she is not feeling awkward with her and Taemin’s situation—she is already used on him carrying her. It is like one of those natural things out there.

“Okay, that’s my room.” She said while pointing at the opened door room.

“Okay.”

Minzy noticed that Jongin is not yet on the room.

Well, what’s new? She thought.

He is always late—or like always arriving seconds before the class will began.

Taemin settled her on the chair near the teacher’s table.

“Thanks” Minzy whispered.

“No problem, see you later.” Minzy nodded.

And with that Taemin and Seunghoon silently went out of the room.

 

She waited for another 10 minutes right before Kim Jongin arrived.

“Hey.” They both said to each other.

“So, how’s your feet?” Jongin suddenly asked.

“Fine… aching is starting to fade thank goodness.” She answered.

“Good. You are lucky the contest won’t be held this week or the next one.”

“Yeah…”

They waited for almost half an hour before Jongin receives a text from Mr. Lee saying he won’t be able to make it today since he have to send his daughter in a hospital since the little girl seems to acquire some fever.

Minzy groaned, her friends will be back two hours from now.

She went to search for her bag for her cellphone.

“Lowbat.” She hissed under her breath.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing….”

“Okay…” Jongin frowned and started walking towards the door.

“You aren’t coming?” Minzy wanted to slap Jongin for asking, they were just talking a while ago about her injury now he is asking this?!

Jongin seemed to realize what is wrong and he let out a ‘oh’ before going back to Minzy’s side. He kneeled—back facing and gestured for her to lean on him.

“Are you serious?” Minzy asked.

“Go on, before I change my mind. If I leave you here—who knows what that good Lee Taemin will say to me.” He answered curtly.

“Okay… mind you, I am not that light.”

“yeah yeah yeah.”

 

“Heavy.” Jongin said.

Minzy glared at him.

“Walk slowly hey, if we fall…”

“Chill Minsu, you are so tense eh?”

Jongin is currently carrying her in a piggyback style; she is feeling tense for some reason but thankful at the same time since the taller is being kind.

Jongin is obviously cautious when they are walking down the stairs.

Minzy smiled.

It seems like Kim Jongin is really not that mean after all.

She came into a conclusion that maybe he was just always being misinterpret.

Almost.

“Minsu… Hey, you going to gym?” Jongin asked out of the blue.

“No.”

“Oh, well… can feels some meat on your chest though.”

Minzy gasped and slap the back of Jongin’s head.

“OUCH! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?”

“NOTHING!” Minzy replied, but she can feel her heart hammering against her chest.

He didn’t notice anything right?

“But, that is a compliment!” Jongin pouted, and Minzy wanted to punch his lips.

Kim Jongin being cute should be illegal. He looks like an oversized baby! She turned away from his face.

“I don’t care if that is a compliment, I don’t like being praised after all.”

“O….kay. Though, you are really meaty….”

He will not notice anything, he is Jong-Dumb.

But…..

MEATY?

A Smack.

“OUCH!” He shrieked once again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day of the competition arrived and they are all excited and nervous. Minzy kept on pacing on one of the classrooms assigned for all the participants. And from the corner of her eyes, she saw Jongin being Jongin—all cool and stuff and just lazily talking with his friends.

She recognized them as Oh Sehun, Zhang Yixing.

“I picked number three… so that means we will perform right after Jongin’s team.” Seunghoon informed them.

“Okay, well… we better do our stretching.” Taemin said with a smile.

“You look nervous? Lighten up Minsu!” Seunghoon said with his famous cute smile.

“I am always like this, ugh.” She replied, wiping her palm against her cheek.

“You’ll do great.”

“Thanks.”

 

 

“Second place is not that bad.” Minzy said.

Taemin smiled.

Then a group of three went to them.

“Hey, Minsu… you are great out there.” The boy greeted, heavy accent is visible from his tone.

“Thanks, and congratulations guys.” She said, without her eyes gazing upon a certain tan male.

“Same goes with you.”

“Well, guess I kicked your this time.” Jongin said with his famous smirk.

“Whatever you say.” She replied shortly.

“Better luck next time.” The tan male said and passed by them, he nodded towards Seunghoon who gently bump his fist on Jongin’s shoulder.

“See ya’!” The boy whom Minzy recognized as Zhang Yixing said.

And Taemin, Seunghoon and Minzy watched the three went out of the stadium.

“I can’t believe him! I beat him once!” Minzy said, flaring her hands upwards.

Taemin laughed, soon joined by Seunghoon.

They were only stopped when two people came towards them.

The man is wearing a suit while the lady beside him is elegant with her pastel dress.

“Seunghoon.” The man said, his voice is cleek—and obviously he is Seunghoon’s father.

“Dad.”

“What did I tell you about this entire dance thing?” Mr. Lee hissed.

Seunghoon bowed.

Minzy frowned. They did not even ask to talk to him somewhere private, wow.

“But… this is my hobby.” Seunghoon whispered.

“I don’t care, you better study and stop this stupidity. You will go home with us today.”

Seunghoon gulped while Taemin is holding Minzy’s wrist tightly.

“Yes father.”

Seunghoon glanced at his two friends before giving them a weak smile, then he went beside his parents and the family started to walk away from the other two.

And suddenly, Minzy remembered the list.

She always wonders why Lee Seunghoon is included on her mission.

She always looked at him with such cheerfulness. But what happened a while ago proved that there is more with her friend’s smile.

And it broke her heart she didn’t notice anything at first.

Seunghoon is suffering.

And he is just hiding it with the smiles and dance.

 

Everything will soon be fine Seunghoon, and you can dance all you want after I’m done.

 

She looked at Taemin with a genuine smile, but at the same time; she is already formulating a plan on how to make Seunghoon’s parent to accept their son’s passion.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note.

So, in case you didn't read my note last chapter~ LOL well okay so I POSTED CHAPTER EIGHT INSTEAD OF CHAPTER SEVEN IM SO GREAT RIGHT? NOW THAT LEADS ME TO HAVE SOME DOUBLE UPDATE /CRIES/ so, uhmmm I'm sorry kay'?

and thank u noona once again for correcting me hhhuhuhuh

anyways, keep thy comments comin~

 

 

LONG LIVE KAIMINZY!

DIE MA EPIC FAILURES!