One

Pretender

Chapter One

Minzy felt like she will pass out any minute.

Her hands were shaking and so are her legs. She stared with her jaw almost dropping on the ground as she stand in front of her new university. Her grip on her suitcase is so tight that she could feel all the blood left her palm.

This can’t be happening. She repeated those words inside her mind multiple times.

But no matter how many times she would tell herself that this is just a dream, No…it will never be a dream because what’s happening is reality.

Gong Minzy is definitely suffering her karma.

 

         “You punched him, kicked him… and now, he is in the hospital suffering a broken nose, a fractured ribs and a sprained wrist. Tell me Ms. Gong. What should I do to you?”

Minzy shrugged, looking at the paintings around the room instead meeting the eyes of the principal.

        “You have given me no choice Ms. Gong. I will remove your scholarship for now.”

That’s the cue, she panicked.

       “You can’t do that! You know that man deserves all the beatings he got from me! He bullied one of the fresh mans—and guess what? That kid almost commits suicide! He also harassed one of the faculties!” Minzy shouted.

The principal closed her eyes before letting out a heavy sigh.

        “I am aware of that; that is why he will get detention after being discharged from the hospital. But you see, it is not as simple as you thought. He is the only son of the biggest donator in this school. He threatened to sue you Minzy if you will not be ousted in this school. He said he will also remove all his shares in the school, you know we can’t afford that to happen. I am very sorry Ms. Gong. I am very sorry but I have to do this.”

“Bull!” Minzy hissed, storming out of the office without glancing back to the principal.

On her way out, an old man in white suit and a black crane blocked her way.

“That was brave young woman. How about transferring in my school instead?” It says.

 

“I regret saying ‘yes’ to be honest.” Minzy muttered under her breathe.

“It’s too late to back out now Ms. Gong. I believe what Mr. Kim said, you are brave. You can do this.”  Minzy looked at the woman whom she identifies as Park Bom, Mr. Kim’s secretary.

“I know, I know…” the younger answered.

Minzy rolled her eyes before going inside the school; she can feel goose bumps all over her body. She looked around, and the place is quiet, at least for now since the students are still inside of their respective classrooms studying.

“And, for your information Ms. Park. I am not brave; you have no idea how much strength I’m using to stop myself from peeing in my pants at this moment.” Minzy added before entering the Dean’s office.

 

“Good morning Ms. Gong, are you exited for your first day of school? And oh, look at that new haircut… oh dear, I wish my grandson is as beautiful and handsome like you.” The old man said.

“Now, tell me. Do I just have to observe them and report all their doings to you?” Minzy asked, tapping his toe on the red carpet as if she is really bored.

“Yes, and also… try to befriend them and know all their problems. I have this theory that the reason behind their rebellion is something connected to their personal problem. They won’t go around giving headache to everybody in this school without any reason.” The dean added, and Minzy could feel a very heavy weight have been placed on her shoulders.

“That is really hard you know Sir?” Minzy said.

“Oh yes, I am aware of that. But I know you can do it.”

 

 

“This will be your room; every room in this dormitory is like this. Don’t worry, you will stay here all by yourself just like the other students. You can say that Mr. Kim is really sensitive about ‘privacy’ issues. The room is locked with a code but you can also use a key.”

Minzy nodded while wandering her eyes around the room. The young girl can’t hide her astonishments as her eyes roam around her new environment.

The room is huge, and everything in the room screams extravagance.

“Wow.” She said.

“Wow indeed Ms. Gong. Now here is your uniform and your ID. And of course your allowance for this week.” Ms. Park informed the younger, the red haired secretary smiled as she watch Minzy jog around the room like a kid.

“You know where my office is; do not hesitate to call me if something is wrong okay?”

Minzy nodded and the young girl doesn’t even bother to spare a glance to the secretary who can’t helped but to chuckle as she made her way out the Minzy’s room.

Minzy threw herself in the fluffy bed while squeling, it’s been a while since she slept in a comfortable bed.

“This is life!” She screamed.

 

 

Looking at herself in the mirror in front of her makes her want to punch somebody.

Her hair is now short, cut to a style like a boy and she wore something that would make her chest smaller. In terms of the outfit, she does not have any problem with it since she is used on wearing boyish dress.

Today is her first day of class, and the start of her mission.

And what is that Mission?

It is to meet the troublesome students of the school and observe them, since all of those kids came from a wealthy and well-known family, she needed to know the truth why they are acting like that. Apparently, the parents of the student paid a good amount on the school just to know what is wrong and why their children are is acting like that.

 

Minzy walked cautiously in the hallway of the school. She tried not to bump on somebody, avoiding any eye contact and walking in a fast pace towards her first class.

As soon as she arrived, she saw the professor grinning at her and motioning her to stand in front of the class.

Minzy let out a nervous smile; she knows what is going to happen. One thing she hated in being a new student, introduction.

“We have a new student! I know, I know we are in college already and it is soooo High school to introduce your selves in the class but we rarely have new student here! I am just soooo excited! Aigooooo!” The professor said with her hands clasped in front and eyes dreaming.

Ms Park, an adviser and is a young professor.

“Hi, I’m Minz—I mean Minsu.” Minzy said in a low voice.

“Well, nice meeting you dear Minsu, now go seat in that empty chair and here is your book and listen to my lesson okay? Everyone, pls be nice!” Ms. Park announced to the class.

Eyes following every move of Minzy, and she is really nervous. She was about to sit on her chair, but she is facing the white board, and she felt like something is weird and then, BAM!

She fell on the floor, flat with all her seatmates laughing crazily.

“Welcome Minsu!” A certain tan male with dark orbs said with a laugh. And obviously, he is the one who pulled the chair that caused Minzy to fell on the ground.

The girl just glared at the man, restraining herself to punch his face.

“Kim Jongin!!!” Ms. Park shrieked.

“Ooops, are you alright? Here let me help you.” The boy named Kim Jongin apologized, or more like pissing Minzy. He helped the other get up from the floor.

Inhale. Exhale.

“Thanks.” Minzy said.

Jongin slightly winced with the tone of his new classmate, obviously his words are full of venom for him.

“Anytime.” Jongin said with a smirk.

“Kim Jongin, you and I will talk after class!” Ms. Park said in a serious tone. The class let out a loud ‘oh-oh’ and laughed at Jongin who is making faces behind the professors’ back.

Minzy let out a heavy sigh.

This is not an easy task after all.

And just looking a certain tall tan male, the girl who is pretending to be a boy raised a brow.

Kim Jongin, noted.

 

 

Minzy threw herself on her fluffy bed. She is tired and hungry, but she is too lazy to standup and go to the cafeteria to have some dinner.

She heard her phone beep and looked and saw a message from Ms. Bom.

     “I can’t see you here in the café, have you eaten yet dear?”

Minzy curled her lips and replied a simple ‘Not Yet’. She then prepared to went outside her room again. With her coin purse and room key in her hands, she jogged towards the cafeteria, but stopped in the middle of the way when she saw a certain tan male making out with a girl.

Girls are not allowed in here right? She said inside her mind, but she soon wanted to punch herself, the fact that she is a girl she on her own is also breaking some rules.

“Jongin, yah…stop its ticklish!” Minzy saw the girl hit Jongin’s bicep playfully.

“Hmmm? How about I tickle you more inside my room huh?”

Minzy cleared , trying her best not to hit the man.

“Oh? Minsu, enjoying the show eh?” Minzy wanted to punch the smirk out of Jongin’s face.

“As far as I know, girls are not allowed here in the dorm.” Minzy feels her voice getting weak for some reason.

“And so?”

The smaller rolled her eyes and clenched her fist. Surely, this Kim Jongin is testing her.

“Take the girl out of here and I won’t report you.” Minzy said, voice firm and she is putting all her strength just for her to sound more threatening.

“Report me, go on—I’m dying to get out of this school by the way.” Kim Jongin spat back. Minzy watched him grabbed the girls arm and they both went inside the room. Minzy let out a ‘tsked’ as she realized this certain male won’t listen to her. As she passed through his dorm, a muffled moan can be heard and Minzy felt like she has to run for her life.

“MY EARS OH DEAR.” Minzy said to herself while running.

“HUH?” Minzy almost tripped on her own foot when he saw a man with a golden hair running beside her.

When did he get here? Wait, WHO IS HE?

“What are you doing?!” Minzy asked the stranger, both of them are still running like a crazy person.

“Running!” The other replied joyfully.

“WHY ARE YOU RUNNING?” Okay, Minzy felt bad suddenly because she shouted at the strange boy.

And the latter didn’t seem to be offended with her tone; “Because you are running.” He replied. A smile still plastered on his face.

And BLAG.

Minzy fell down, face flat on the floor. She does not mind that at all. But the thing is; above her, lies the strange boy, and all Miny could think is He is so damn heavy.

 

 

“It hurts…” Minzy tried to move her ankle but she would feel an immense pain every time she tries to stand up.

“I’m really sorry!” The stranger said, hands clasped in front of his face and he is pouting like there is no tomorrow. Minzy glared at the man and she frowned at the fact that she still does not know that name of the boy who ran with her.

She might just call him crazy.

“Where’s your dorm room? Do you want me to carry you there?”

Minzy shook her head.

“But you can’t walk…” The man looked at her foot. And Minzy is sure that he does feel guilty about what had happened to her.

And the girl looked at her foot and her scratched hands. Well, she is really not okay. She hissed as she feels the small bumped on her forehead.

What a good start Gong Minzy.

Minzy looked at the stranger, she almost laughed when she noticed a band aid with an animal print on it on his left cheek.

“What’s your name?” She suddenly asked.

The other flashed his perfect white teeth and took a step closer to Minzy.

“I’m Taemin, Lee Taemin! You’re Minsu right?”

“How—”

“I heard Jongin said your name from this afternoon. And you’re a transferee, of course you’re famous!” The boy named Taemin lifted his fist up in the air and Minzy felt like she will really just have to call the man ‘crazy’ instead of his name.

“Okay?” Wal all Minzy could say.

Taemin helped his schoolmate to stand up, he carefully hold Minsu’s waist.

He frowned. Something is strange.

Minzy tried to wiggle her way out of Taemin’s hold; bullets of sweat are now forming on her forehead. Just one wrong move, she will be in serious problem.

Taeming looked at Minsu.

Minzy, at the same time looked up to see Taemin staring at her. She gulped.

“What?” Minzy asked him. She tried to lower down her voice as much as she can.

“Do your mom gave you vitamins when you’re young? I mean, you’re height is…”

Minzy rolled her eyes so hard that he could see the back of her head.

“Just please help me walk and stop blabbing nonsense.”

Taemin nodded with a smile.

 

Minzy let out a heavy sigh. It seems like Taemin is not a very patient man. As they are walking slowly on the hallway, she almost got a heart attack when Taemin suddelny grabbed her and just carried her instead of walking. His reason was they are taking so much time, so better yet he should just carry him.

“Turn there, room 021.” Minzy said to Taemin.

“Okay!” The other answered cheerfully.

“So, you got yourself a company already or nah?” Taemin asked.

Minzy shook her head.

“Well than, better yet come join my circle!”

And for Minzy, what Taemin said is not an invitation; it is more like an order.

“Hey, you’ve been working out huh? I can feel some meat in your chest dude.” Taemin suddenly said as he opened the door of his new school mate’s room.

Minzy felt like kicking the boy.

And she choked on her own saliva.

 

 

“This is Jonghyun.” Taemin introduced his friend to Minzy, the latter looked at the man in front of her. Eyes straight looking at his sharp cheek bones.

“This is Key. Don’t ask why his name is like that or he will hit you I swear.” Minzy bowed and smiled towards the good-looking blonde haired boy named Key. The latter greeted her with a gentle smile and went back on examining his nails again.

“And that is Onew. Hyung, hey… stop eating chicken already and greet our new friend Minsu!” Taemin wanted to smack the head of his hyung, but he must restrain himself.

“Oh hi Minsu! I will be your most trusted friend if you will just give me a bucket of chicken… and no stealing of chicken from me!”

Minzy almost rolled her eyes, but stopped herself instead she smiled politely at the boy who seems like a chicken maniac Onew.

“You can eat lunch with us.” Taemin cheerfully said to Minzy.

And that left Minzy eating with the guys who is as noisy as women.

Well, at least I am not alone.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note.

Greetings! Thank you for all of you who took time to read this.

And please, do comment guys~ And let out all your KAIMINZY feels. 

[ follow me on twitter so that we can spazz more about this magnificent ship; @LostButInspired]

if you have some KAIMINZY fanart, please do share it with me 'cause i'm really thirsty for some kaiminzy pictures ahahhaha. THANK YOU

 

(i'm so shameless right now, but please do subscribe or vote for this story hehe)