Five

Pretender

Chapter Five

 

Kris felt like his world stopped, he does not know what to do. All he can say is the word father. How can he forgot the face that haunts his dreams for years, how can he forget the face that mirrors nothing but the reasons why his mom is suffering. The face that left them several years ago.

“Come on Minsu, bus is here.” Kris said, eyes still on the old man that is also in deep thought. Minzy doesn’t have a choice and she knows that it is a bad time to ask Kris some stuffs. He looked back at the man, wondering if he purposely didn’t ride the bus with them.

Somehow she is thankful; she can’t afford Kris having a breakdown again.

But at the back of her mind, she knows that she have to talk to the old man, after all—he might be the only one that can help her healing Kris.

 

 

The day passed as if nothing happened, Kris played with the kids more cheerfully this time. Minzy can’t help but to notice how the tall male is doing all the work around the orphanage, then realization hits her. He is trying to distract himself.

Seems like Kris Wu is diverting all his attention to other things, trying to forget the unwanted interaction with the man he hated the most.

“Bye kids!” Minzy said while giving each of the kids a peck on their chubby cheeks.

“When will you come back?” Leila asked.

“Hmmm, hyungs will be back maybe next month so you guys better be good kids eh?”

The little ones nodded their heads.

Minzy and Kris smiled and waved before exiting the orphanage.

Walking in silence, Minzy knows that she should not utter a word about what happened earlier. But she felt like she is also carrying the pain of Kris.

“So, uhm… you want to eat ice cream?” Not knowing what to say, the girl pretend boy muttered random things towards Kris.

“Rice cakes will be better.”

Minzy smiled.

 

 

They decided to stay in the park near the university. They bought orange juice and a take out spicy rice cakes. They just don’t feel yet going back inside their dorms.

“Sky is clearer today, oh look at that—is that a plane or a star?!” Minzy asked, again she felt like she wanted to slap herself ‘cause she keeps on saying nonsense things.

“It’s a plane midget, it’s moving.”

“Oops, my bad.” Minzy scratched the back of her head.

After that they ate in silence.

“So, you’re an orphan.” Kris suddenly said. It is a sensitive issue for the latter, but she doesn’t mind since at least Kris initiated the talk.

“Yes, well technically there is a chance that I am not an orphan. Grew up with in the care of my grandma, dunno if my parents still alive. The old woman won’t tell me about them.”

Gong Minzy grew up asking her grandmother the truth behind the disappearance of her parents. But nothing came with her questions, and soon she felt so tired of asking that she decided she will label herself as an orphan already. Sure she knows that her parents might be out there, but she does not want to hope. She wanted to help herself out of the pain of one day, she will finally discover what really happened/happening with her parents. She is scared that the outcome will not be what she hopes for.

“Well, sorry about that.” Said Kris under his breathe.

“It’s fine, uhmm… how about you? Seems like you’ve been having some very big stuffs also…” Minzy does not know how to put all the things in words just for Kris not to be offended.

“Speaking of that one, I’m really sorry on how I acted this morning.”

Minzy smiled and pats Kris’ back.

“You know, that could be the typical reaction from a child that just met his father who left him right? Don’t tell me you expect me to hug him and say ‘I am so sorry for letting you leave dad’.

“What you acted is normal, but if you will forever do it—every time that you will meet him, now that is not normal.” Minzy said, taking a sip of her orange juice. feels hot already with the spices of the rice cake.

“I am not planning on bumping into him again.”

“World is small place.”

Kris scoffed.

“Look man, I don’t know what happened with you and your father and everything about your family but, don’t do anything that you will regret later. I get it, it is obvious that you are deeply hurt of whatever your father did to you and your mother; but let me tell you one thing; the only medicine for that wound is Forgiveness.” Minzy let the words flow out from .

“He left us, he went to chase his ambition and left us …left my mom with barely anything that she has to work 24/7 just for me to have food on my mouth. I just don’t know how to act civilized and with respect around him. On the first place, he doesn’t even show us those things.” Kris is crying already.

“He didn’t show you any of those, but it doesn’t mean that you have to act the same! You do it, be harsh to him and wrap your heart of ice just because of him; then you’re no different to him, and you will give your mother a broken heart.”

Silence.

Minzy knows she hits bulls’ eye, and she is preparing herself for any violent reaction from the latter. Who knows? Might be a flying fist and a super kick.

But there’s none but the sound of cries of Kris Wu.

And suddenly, for Gong Minzy—sky became darker with no stars visible.

Just plain darkness.

 

 

“Are you sure you want to go alone?” The secretary asked the younger while giving her a piece of paper, written on it is an address.

“Yeap, I’m sure.” She answered.

“Just be careful and be back before the dark, you do know the securities have been reporting to me that you are always going back at your dorm at night right? I know that you are doing your duties but I don’t want rumors going around okay?” The red hair said.

Minzy raised her right hand and nodding like a child before running out of the room.

Good thing today she does not have any class, thanks to the prof who needs to attend a conference she gets to have a free day again. She is cautious of the surrounding, she does not want Taemin and the gang and Kris to see her.

She bowed towards the guards on the gate who opened it for her.

She looked at the piece of paper, she chuckled on how messy Ms. Park Bom’s writing is, thank goodness hers was messier so she can read what is written on it.

The place seems far according to the map she got from the net.

She nod to herself, giving self-assurance that she will arrive at the place safe and sound.

I hope I won’t get lost though, I don’t want a fuming bominator to fetch somewhere in the coast. Worst, in a police station!

 

And Gong Minzy is entirely wrong about not getting lost, thankfully a nice family helped her to locate the place. After three hours of roaming around the city, she is now finally standing in front if a small studio-like house.

She rang the doorbell, taking a deep breath as she can already hear faint footstep from the other side if the door.

And a very beautiful lady welcomed her.

“Good afternoon, I am here to talk with Mrs. Wu? I am a friend of Kris.

The lady looked at her before answering. “Is there something wrong with my son?”

 

 

He looked like an angry bird. Minzy thought as she was staring intently on a certain photo in front of her.

“That was when he was on grade school I think? He rarely smile when he was a kid you know, he does not want cameras.” Mrs. Wu said, placing a tray of cookies and lemonade on the coffee table.

“Thank you Ma’am.” She said with a smile, taking a sip on the tasty lemonade.

“I’m quite surprised Kris managed to have a friend aside from Chanyeol.”

Minzy cleared . Oh, Kris gonna kill me once he found out about this.

“We just actually became friends, I am a new student.”

The mother looks even more surprise now, knowing that she is a new student. “OH!? Please tell me he didn’t bully you.”

“Oh no, not at all.” She lied. Not that much, but I can take it.

“Seems like he is behaving well, thank goodness. That kid, he tends to be involved in fights and other bullying stuffs in the university. I know he is doing it because he is just protecting me.”

“Uhmm… yeah, we talk about it, though I told him that he should stop it since it won’t bring any good at all.”

Mrs. Wu smiled and took Minzy’s hand to hers.

“I can see you are a good friend, Can I ask a favor? No matter what happens, even though he would say mean things to you; please be patient to him. He have been going through a lot with me and just everything in his life.”

Minzy smiled and patted the latter’s hand.

“Speaking of that Mrs. Wu, thing is, Kris didn’t even know I came here. I hope we can talk about some issues regarding his father. I am sorry if that sounded mean to you Ma’am, but I want to help him.” Minzy waited for a response, the older gave her a sincere smile and of course, she took this as a positive thing.

“I don’t want to interfere that much all I wanted is some simple things about his father. I know there might be some unwanted memories, but can you help me Ma’am? Can you help me help Kris?” Minzy looked at Mrs. Wu.

“I always know that his father is his suffering. He still keeps all the pain inside him, the anger, sadness, frustration everything about his father. And I myself don’t want that. But I am not brave enough to confront my own son about it. I am afraid that I might make the wounds deeper. Hearing what you just said, I am shocked at the same time impressed. What makes you think that you will make a great impact on Kris’ life regarding his father?”

Minzy shrugged her shoulders, she have been expecting the question.

“I guess, I just have to take the shot right? Kris is one of the true persons I have met in the university. He is genuine and kind though it doesn’t look like that, but he is once you became close to him, and I just felt he doesn’t deserve everything that is his bottling up inside. Maybe it’s time for him to let go and give himself some credit. Maybe it’s time for him to think about his mother without the dark past right behind it.” She answered.

“Since he barely comes home with his studies and modeling, we barely talk with each other. But Kris makes sure that he will message me and give me a call before the day ends. And with all the things now? I just don’t know how to help him and confront him regarding to his father. I have been thinking, and maybe it’s time for some recruits right?” Mrs. Wu smiled and winked at Minzy.

“I’ll be loyal I promise.” Minzy said and the older laughed.

“Okay, first things first, keep that picture—you gonna need it once he threatens you after this. He hates that picture.” Mrs. Wu said, handling an old picture of Kris to Minzy.

 

 

 

“This is gonna be a long process.” Minzy said to herself. She is walking half running already towards the university, Mrs. Wu is such a happy person , they didn’t realize that it’s almost past 5pm. The older is a lady with a thousand words, hard to believe she is really the mother of Kris Wu a.k.a Angry Bird. Okay, I’m gonna label him as Angry bird, the picture is epic!

And at last, she arrived at the university, she headed straight on the vending machine. She is thirty like a horse already, she wants something cold—to freshen up her already dehydrated body. She is on the middle of drinking her favorite lemonade when a hand landed on her shoulder.

She spat her drink and jump in fright; she felt like punching someone when she turned around and saw Kim Jongin laughing like there is no tomorrow. The tan male is holding his stomach as he almost stumbles on the ground because he can’t control his laughter anymore.

“You… You should’ve seen your face! AHAHAHAHA oh my, such a waste I wasn’t able to take a picture of your reaction.” Jongin said, out of breathe as he is still laughing.

Minzy is fuming, even without seeing herself she is sure that her face is red now.

She badly wanted to beat Kim Jongin and throw his body on the Pacific Ocean where no one can find it. Inside her mind, she is trying to shrink Jongin in a size of a bean so that she can stomp on him.

She clenched her fist. Must not lose control

“Having too much fun are we?” Minzy said, voice sharp.

Kim Jongin nodded, despite noticing how his classmate is out for a kill already.

“Good then, bye.” Minzy said under her breathe.

That’s it Minzy, you are doing well. Control your temper. Control your temper.

Minzy walked away from the scene without saying any other words to the other person.

Kim Jongin watched Minsu walked away from him.

“Is he PMSing?” He murmured, shrugging his shoulders he went back to his dorm room; with the shock face of his classmate plastered inside his mind.

 

 

Minzy can’t comprehend the words her professor is saying. Not that she didn’t love literature, but she is not just in the mood to do readings as of the moment. She look around her and saw Kris sleeping, Sehun with his usual poker face, Tao scribbling who knows what (maybe lessons or just nonsense) at the back of the room and Taemin listening diligently to the lesson.

She let out a heavy sigh. This is her last class for the day and she can’t wait for the dismissal time.

“Stop sighing…” Taemin whispered.

Minzy smiled and bowed a little; “Sorry…”

Taemin nodded, concentrating again on the lesson.

Minzy felt weird all of a sudden, then when she turned to her left—she saw Kim Jongin looking at her with a smirk.

“What?” She mouthed, she doesn’t know why she is responding to him.

Jongin shook his head.

This guy seriously…. I bet he is not on his right mind anymore.

Minzy is in a staring battle with the tan male when she felt a light tap on her shoulder made her look up, she is ready to snarl on whoever made her lost the battle but her eyes went wide when she saw her professor looking down at her.

“Seems like you are distracted Mr. Gong.

Minzy let out an awkward smile.

“Repeat what I’ve said about the Purgatoryo.

Talk about ‘luck’ Minzy thought, and soon she saw how Kim Jongin is laughing silently while pointing at her.

“I’m gonna strangle him.” She muttered.

“WHO ARE YOU GONNA STRANGLE?” The Professor asked, voice now higher than usual.

.

 

 

Taemin kept on laughing, and Minzy is on the verge of whacking his head.

“Stop laughing, seriously… are you even my friend?”

“I’m your friend that’s why I am laughing like this.” Taemin said, clutching his stomach as he let out a chuckle.

“One day I will slap the life out of that Kim Jongin.” Minzy hissed, throwing her bag on the bench.

“Uhuh, ‘slap’? Soooo girly.” Taemin teased and that earned him a smack on the back of his head.

“I swear I won’t hesitate to punch you next time.” Minzy said.

Taemin raised his hand on defeat. “Okay, okay… wait is that your phone ringing?”

Minzy fumbled on her bag, search for her mobile device.

She looked at Taemin before excusing herself and going in a safe distance away from her friend.

“Hello, Mrs. Wu? Oh, you already sent me the address? Okay, I’ll go check on it. Thank you.”

She took a deep breathe before returning to where Taemin is.

“I’m sorry Iwon’t be able to join the study group tonight, something came up.” She said.

Taemin looked at his classmate with worry. “Is everything okay?”

“Don’t worry… and I’ll go ahead.” Minzy nodded and jogged her way towards the Secretary’s office.

Taemin wasn’t able to send his regards, he just shrugged his shoulder and proceeds on eating his sandwhich.

Minzy is reciting a silent prayer inside her mind. She is minutes away from confronting the father of Kris Wu. She doesn’t know what to expect, the moment Mrs. Wu told her that she already had contact with her ex-husband; she knows that there is no backing out already. She set her mind that she will help her friend. This one will be tough, MInzy is aware of that—she is not used on talking to parents to be honest. She doesn’t have parents for gods sake. She bitterly smile and thought how pathetic she is, trying to mingle in with family problems of other while she has her own (and doesn’t know how to solve it)…or maybe she is not putting enough effort on resolving her own issues. 

But helping others gives her the feeling of ‘healing’.

Maybe after this Kris Wu issue, she will finally be at peace, at least.

“Just talk nicely to the dad and that’s it.” Minzy told herself before paying the cab driver.

She opened the door of the taxi slowly, funny how she is trying to buy herself some time. She looked up at the tall building in front of her. She is not in front of the residential are where Mr. Wu is living. She was welcomed by the guard who asked her for a valid ID and the reason why she came.

She was then told that she should go to the information table.

“We need to call first Mr. Wu if he really is expecting you.” The receptionist said.

“Uhmm… he is not technically waiting for me Miss. Just kindly tell him when you call him I am a friend of his son.”

The receptionist gave her ‘the look’ for a second before nodding. She settled herself on the sofa first, trying to think of the words she will say once she meets Kris’ father.

“Excuse me, Mr. Wu said that you can go upstairs; room 206—4th floor.” The receptionist told her.

Minzy smiled and bowed before heading to the elevator.

2nd floor;

No backing out now Minzy.

3rd floor

You need to talk wisely, make sure to understand him.

4th floor; DING!

Oh shiz, here it goes.

 

She can fight dozens of people, those who bullied others and who doesn’t know how to respect.

Gong Minzy can handle everything, except a decent talk with other people.

She at talking. Figures because all she knows from her old university is to punch and punch and punch without hearing explanations.

She looked at the printed room numbers on the door and her heart and stomach felt like exploding when she spotted the room 206.

She cleared before pressing the doorbell.

And within seconds, the man from the bus station opened the door; with a smile on his face.

“Come in.” He said.

Minzy bowed before following the older man.

 

 

The girl felt like she wanted to scoff at herself, why does she always finds herself in such awkward circumstances.

The room is filled with the aroma of coffee, a faint classical music can be heard from the background. The room has dirty white walls, everything looks so…. Sad and plain

There are no pictures or paintings hanged on the wall. Just a television, a sofa set and a coffee table. The unit is far from being cozy. Obviously, this man is really going through with some s.

“I’m surprised Kris has a friend. That kid, according to his mother is really a trouble maker now.”

Minzy shifted on her sit. “Kris is a great kid sir, I guess some situations made him do it.”

Minzy doesn’t want to sound shady, but she can’t help it.

Mr. Wu smiled. “I guess you are right, I don’t know what to say when my ex-wife called me saying one of Kris’ friend wanted to talk to me, apparently it is about on how me and Kris can finally be on good terms.”

“I wanted to help Kris, as his friend I can see how things are really affecting him. And I realized after his reaction in the bus stop before, I know nothing will be easy. I hope you don’t mind me helping you though.” Minzy said.

“I guess both of us are shocked during that time. And no, I don’t mind you helping. This time, I can exhaust every help that I can get just for my son to forgive me.”

“With all due respect sir, I have a plan. And I hope this one would work.”

“Just how many plans do you have?” Mr. Wu asked, raising his brow. He knows that his son is stubborn so they better have other plans in case things won’t work out.

“Three…I’m praying and wising that is enough.” Minzy, letting the warm of the coffee flow to her palm.

Mr. Wu nodded before asking the student what he should do.

 

 

“I will ask Kris to accompany me in the restaurant, where his dad is waiting by the way. Then that’s it! They can have a talk.” Minzy said.

Secretary Park Bom just raised her brow.

“That’s it? You think Kris Wu will fall into that, what if he will throw a fit in the resto once he saw his father?” The look on Minzy’s face screams that she is indeed, haven’t thought of that.

“Seriously Minzy?” The red haired woman said.

“I’m still working on that okay?” Minzy answered.

And by that, it means she really doesn’t know what to do in case Kris will throw a fit. She didn’t thought of that, and that made her want to slap herself. She wonders how to stop Kris from reacting badly, she expects a not so n ice reaction from the taller, she just hoped he won’t get violent. A.K.A she hopes that Kris won’t punch her.

“I should write my last testament already, I bet Kris will kill me when he finds out.” Minzy huffed.

Park Bom let out a chuckle.

“Just call me when you can’t think of anything anymore, you know I would always gladly help you.”

Minzy nodded and let out a cheerful ‘thanks’ to the latter before going out of the office.

Plan A, start.

 

 

Kris looked at Minsu weirdly, his classmates kept on pestering him about coming with him outside the campus.

“I have something to do, go bother someone else.” He said, trying to shoo away the smaller.

“But…” Minzy whined.

“I’m up if it’s the orphanage, but the mall? What are you a girl? Why do you need someone to accompany you seriously.”

Minzy almost choked at the last words Kris said, but she bit back her nervousness and composed herself. She needed to act more convincing for Kris to come with her.

“Come on man, you are then only kind person on this university to accompany me.” Minzy said with a smile, she nudged Kris’ shoulder while giving him puppy eyes.

Just what the hell I am doing.

Kris looked at him like he was about to punch the latter.

“Ughhhh, okay just 1 hour okay? 1 HOUR.” Kris emphasized the one hour as if he wanted it to be tattooed on Minzy’s forehead.

Minzy is having a victory dance inside her mind, she tried not to smirk and raised her fist up in the air. Instead she let out a smile, a controlled one.

Kris let out an annoyed sigh before fixing his thing; stuffing everything inside his backpack before he lets himself be dragged by the smaller male. He asked himself why he kept on saying yes to the annoying midget.

“Treat me something nice you little piece of…” Kris trailed.

Minzy nodded. “Sure! Sure.”

Minzy walked joyfully while Kris is practically dragging his feet.

The smaller led him to the parking lot of the university, he squinted his eyes towards her.

Minzy pointed at the red Honda. “Let’s go.”

Mr. Wu lent one of his old cars to Minzy, he said it would be more practical for Minzy since she will run a lot of errands for them. Minzy of course turned down the offer, but Mr. Wu said that the car was supposed to be a gift for Kris on his 16th birthday. Then, she thought maybe Kris can use the car (for she doesn’t know how to drive), at least Kris got to enjoy the car even without him knowing it is realty for him on the first place.

“Where do you get that?” The taller asked.

“From someone, I just borrowed it… you drive dude.” Minzy said and threw the keys to Kris who catches it mid-air.

“I am expecting you have a license?” She added.

Kris snorted and just motioned the smaller to get inside the car. Minzy followed and she clasp her hand, hoping everything will went well.

 

The trip was quiet with just Minzy telling Kris where to go occasionally, the car will be really awkward if there is no pop music blasting from the stereo. From the corner of her eyes, she can see how Kris is nodding with the beat, he is enjoying the ride. Because of that, Minzy wonders if this is what Kris looks like if ever he is free from all the thoughts of his broken family.

“Maybe we should go the underground parking lot.” Minzy said as she saw how the regular parking lot is now filled with cars.

Kris nodded before starting the engine again.

It took them ten minutes to finally spot an empty place for the car, maybe because it’s the end of the month that’s why there are a lot of people in the mall.

They went to the stairs and Kris groaned.

“Can we just take the elevator?” He said.

“Okay, let’s just meet in front of the bookstore, I am going to use the stairs.”

So in the end, Kris went along with his classmate. Truth is, Minzy has some issues with elevators, she doesn’t want to ride one, you can call it as a phobia; she developed the fear of riding the elevator when she was still young, and somehow she can’t overcome it.

“So you scared of elevator huh?” Kris asked, he wiped the sweat on his forehead by the back of his hand.

“Yeah… come on, faster.”

Kris groaned again.

“Are you sure you are an athlete?” Minzy bit back a laugh, the taller looks like he will crawl in no time.

“I am so tired okay?” He shot back. Minzy let out a smile and nodded before walking ahead.

As they finally reached the ground floor of the mall, they were greeted by shoppers—loud voices and music is everywhere. The mall is obviously busy.

“Where should we go first?” Asked Kris.

“I’m hungry, let’s eat…my treat.”

The taller smiled and followed Minzy.

They enter an Italian restaurant, again was courtesy by Mr. Wu.

“You rich dude?” Kris asked as he settles himself in one of the chairs. A waitress approaches them and gave them the menu.

“Well…” Minzy doesn’t know what to answer.

Kris raised a brow. “You said your treat, then I better enjoy this moment.”

Minzy nodded frantically. Act cool Minzy, don’t act suspiciously.

“I’ll just go to the comfort room.” Minzy excused herself before Yifan can say something.

The blonde guy watches his classmate went outside of the resto. He frowned and turned towards the waitress.

“You have a comfort room here right?” He asked.

The latter nodded.

Then why midget go outside. Seriously.

 

 

Minzy tried contacting Mr. Wu, but he is not answering. Just then, he saw a familiar man walking towards her.

“Mr. Wu!” She called out.

“Minsu, is he inside already?” Mr. Wu asked.

Minzy nodded and the older didn’t waste any moment and immediately went inside the resto.

Minzy tugged along but she is now hiding herself. It would be a chaos if Kris will saw them together, the blonde guy will soon find out that all of this is her plan.

 

Three feet away from the table where Kris is sitted, Mr. Wu is slowly approaching his son, afraid that he might scare away the other again. Minzy bit her lip, she is reciting a prayer inside her mind already.

The tall blonde guy is so engrossed at looking through the menu that he didn’t notice his father walking towards him, which is good for Minzy.

But the moment Kris lifted his head and his eyes caught a familiar person who was about to sit right in front of him, Minzy wanted to smack herself.

She almost fell on the chair  as she saw how Kris pushed his father away.

“What are you doing here?”

Mr. Wu got his tongue cut.

“Minsu, Minsu where are you?” Kris called out.

Minzy lowered her head on the table but maybe she got no luck because Kris spotted her easily (blame the way she slumps her head with a loud thud that garnered Kris’ attention)

“Son, let’s talk please.” Mr. Wu almost begged.

Kris shook his head and stride to where Minzy is. He grabbed the smaller’s elbow.

“Let’s go.”

People around them are starting to notice the mini commotion, Minzy just covered her face.

Mr. Wu tried to stop the two from leaving but Kris just shrugged his arms off while Minzy felt like her face will soon meet the floor with the way the taller is dragging her out of the resto.

Minzy just looked behind to Mr. Wu and mouthed a sincere apology before she lost glimpse of the older man. But she did notice how Mr. Wu wiped the tears off his face.

And that made her feel bad.

 

 

Kris is driving like a mad man. Minzy is holding unto the strap of her seatbelt as if her life depends on it. She tried to sooth Kris but she knows that nothing can calm the boy as of the moment. Instead she decided to stay quiet and let Kris do what he wants. She can see how his knuckles are hard against the steering wheel. She also bet that they are almost near the speeding limit, and that made her nervous.

Oh how she doesn’t want to end up in the jail again, with the car towed…

“Maybe you should slow down a little.” It sounded weak.

“Tell me you are not part of this.” Kris said, teeth gritted and is very mad.

“Uhmmm…”

“I knew it.”

Minzy felt the blood left her face, she doesn’t need a mirror to confirm that she might be looking like a ghost as of the moment.

“You think you are helping me? Well then, sorry to burst your bubble but I don’t need help and I am fine… just before you decided to step into my personal matters and call my dad. How do even have his contacts?”

Minzy felt like she will piss on her pants.

“I have my ways.” She answered in a low voice. It is a strict order from Mrs. Wu that she should not let Kris discover who helped her with all the set-ups.

Kris scoffed. “Oh really, just what the hell do you want?”

“Peace?” Minzy asked, she wants to dig a hole the moment she realized that it sounded like sarcastic.

She saw how Kris shook his head, they are getting near the university—which is a relief for Minzy’s place. The taller parked the car and hastily went out, the door made a loud thud and Minzy jumped out of her sit to follow Kris.

“Kris!”

He ignored her and continues to walk towards the entrance of the dormitory.

“Hey, come on man don’t be like this.” Minzy felt like she will cry.

Kris stopped on his tracks and Minzy felt lump on as she saw he turn to wards her with a sharp glare.

“Talk to me one more time, say one word and I won’t hesitate to beat the hell out of you.” Kris said, he looked down at Minzy and he is now breathing through his nose.

Minzy nodded, she watched as the latter walk away from her. She knows that if she will say a word back at Kris it won’t cause any good to both of them. She decided to give the taller time to calm down, and maybe she can apologize after that.

She rubbed her palm at her nape and let out a heavy sigh. Surely, she won’t be able to sleep tonight.

She is contemplating whether she will confront Secretary Park Bom about what happened, but she decided that the latter might be resting already. Then she thought of calling Mrs. Wu, but with all the things that happened today, it is better if she will talk about it in person to the lady.

Minzy stomps her feet on the floor like a child. She knows that making Kris and his father talk is a hard task to accomplish but now that she is on the move and her Plan A has failed, then word ‘hard’ is an understatement now.

Walking silently towards her room, she felt like someone is following her. She gulped loudly before keeping her pace. By the time she stood in front of her room, her hand immediately find its way to punch in her passwords.

But from the corner of her eyes, she saw a person leaning on the wall.

She let out a sigh.

“Kim Jongin.”

“It’s almost curfew.” The tan male said, arms folded on his chest and Minzy raised a brow.

“I know? So?” She shot back.

“Well, I noticed how you always go back here in the university late.”

Minzy gulped.

“Creep” She muttered under her breathe.

Jongin scoffed and walked towards her. Not that they are so close to each other, that’s when Minzy realized that the name Kris gave her; ‘midget’ suits her in this school.

“What?” Minzy hissed. She made her voice deeper and firmer.

He leans down on her and whispered to her ears, Minzy felt shivers run through her spine.

“I am watching you Gong Minsu, you better not do some things and get away on it.”

Minzy pushed Jongin, the latter laughed and run away from her as soon as he saw how she was about to punch him.

“Goodnight Minsu!” he screamed, running like a mad man. Some of the students on the same floor of the dormitory came outside of the room and checked out what seems to be the problem and the niose.

Minzy just shook her head and went inside her room.

She went for a quick half bath before going to bed, staring at her ceiling she let out a heavy sigh.

Just how many times I have sighed today? Too much for bearing the problems of others.

And maybe because of all the emotion distress she is feeling, she went to dreamland with a frown on her face.

 

 

It’s time to think on how Plan B will happen.

But the way Kris Wu is ignoring her, it is making everything harder.

It’s been almost two weeks since the incident in the restaurant happened, and from then on Kris is nowhere in sight or maybe he is just so good at hiding.

One time, Minzy was on luck when she saw him walking on the hallway, but when she treid to approach the other; he ran like a seasoned athlete (well he is an athlete so given that he can run so fast).

She also tried on looking at him in the gym, but no signs of him in there.

Minzy doesn’t know where to find.

“Well, maybe you should look for him in his dorm room.” Someone said.

Minzy held her chest tightly and turned around and saw Taemin standing behind her.

“You seem to be on deep thought thinking where you will find Kris, so… hope you don’t mind a suggestion.” He said with a smile.

Minzy looked at him as if he is a ghost. Why is this school full of creep?

Taemin went beside her and urge her to sit on the grass, they watch as some of their classmates play soccer. The male passed her a can of soda on which she gladly accepted.

“So, why are you looking at Kris?” Taemin asked, eyes still on the people playing on the middle of the field.

“Nothing, just have something to tell him.” She replied. As time goes by, she can feel herself being a pro at lying. And for her, that is not a good thing.

“Okay… you want me to come with you?”

Minzy shook her head. “No need, I can manage. I’ll go ahead, see you later.”

Taemin smiled towards her. She pats his back before jogging her way towards the dormitory building.

As she arrives in front of Kris’ room, she can’t think of anything but on how to convince him to talk to his father. If she needed to take punches from the latter, so be it. She was about to knock on the door when she felt something odd on her pocket.

She almost screams out of joy when she remembered the photo Mrs. Wu gave her.

I guess now is the time I shall use you. Perfect.

She took the photo out of her pocket and smirked.

Then she proceeds on knocking at the door, crossing her fingers as she waited for Kris to open it.

And as what she expects, when the door opens and Kris saw her the taller hissed before trying to close the door again. But Minzy is faster this time, she was able to put her right foot inside tom prevent the door from closing and she harshly invited herself in. Now is not the time to be gentle.

“Get out.” Kris said in a sharp tone. But Minzy is far from being scared now, her mind is flashing the word ‘it is not or never’.

She looked around the room, it is also simple and a typical boy’s room. There is a jersey scattered around the floor. In the nightstand, she noticed a photo; she smiled as she realized it is a photo of Kris and his mom.

“Okay, I’m giving you 20 seconds to leave this room or else…” Minzy shrugged her shoulder as Kris once again is threatening her.

She lifts her chin up before shoving the picture inches away from Kris’ face. The taller almost crossed his eyes when he tried to focus on the picture, and when he does he felt his world tumbles up and down.

“What the? Where did you get that?” He screamed and it sounded as a girly squeal for Minzy.

“Won’t tell you! But this picture will be on our school’s bulletin board if you won’t go with me in the orphanage tomorrow.” She said, she knows she got this.

“Do it then!”

“UHUH! I will also distribute this picture on our neighboring universities! What is it? Oh, Saint Scholastics All Women University; I wonder what they will say once they saw that the Ford University’s star player Kris Wu is an angry bird! Good bye bad boy image!” Minzy said. She let out a smirk as she saw how Kris’ expression changes.

“You won’t dare.”  Kris said under his breathe before he lunges towards Minzy, attempting to snatch the picture away from her.

But something might be right about the weather since Minzy is faster (or maybe that’s pure adrenaline working on her) she was able to push Kris out of the way and ran outside the room. She heard Kris’ deep shout of her name and she felt her legs moves on its own. She is clenching the photo tightly against her chest.

Must keep the photo.

And when she was able to arrive at her room, she immediately went inside and locked the door. She can hear Kris outside calling her out. But she plopped on her bed, reached out for her phone and plugged in her earphones.

She held the picture up high and let out a loud laughter.

“I made it out alive that’s what matters.” She told herself.

She abruptly stopped staring at Kris’ angry bird picture as she saw a message from someone.

Someone who goes by the name of Kris Wu.

Okay, I’ll go with you in the orphanage tomorrow so you better keep that photo.

And suddenly, Minzy felt like doing a celebratory dance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!