Three

Pretender

Chapter Three

 

Minzy followed Chanyeol, her steps are very cautious and she is preparing herself to run once the taller does something scary.

Chanyeol stopped in front of the emergency exit, Minzy gulped.

The taller turned towards his class mate; he is trying to be calm.

“Give yourself a favor; don’t tell anyone about what you saw.” Chanyeol’s deep voice echoed through the empty hallway. Minzy nodded and raised her right hand.

“Uhmmm… your secret is safe with me.” Minzy said, her voice came out as a whisper.

“Good. And I’m keeping my eye on you.” Chanyeol said before turning away from his classmate.

“And can I give some piece of advice in return?” Minzy said, she saw how Chanyeol stopped on his tracks but didn’t turn back on her.

She let out a sigh. “Listen to what Ms. Park is saying. I’m sure she won’t say anything that will cause harm to you.”

Chanyeol smirked. “And I won’t let anything harm her also.”

Minzy watched the tall man walked away from her.

He is not that bad after all.

 

 

 

Minzy feels like she really needed to do this. But the part of her mind keeps on telling her that she should not. She is now in front of Ms. Park faculty room, she thought that maybe having some chat with the petite teacher will give her some points about how to help Chanyeol. Helping Chanyeol means helping herself, she is indeed starting her mission in this school

She counted a silent 1 2 3 inside her mind before knocking on the door.

She was greeted by a sleepy looking Ms. Park; figures since it is lunch time and the professors tend to eat fast and have some good nap during break—reduce stress from the troublesome students.

“Oh, Minsu…”

“Good afternoon Ms. Park, can I have a minute…if you don’t mind.” Minzy was not sure what to say as of the moment, she just hoped that Ms. Park get what she is thinking.

“Sure dear, come inside.” Ms. Park smiled, Minzy walked in inside the room; her eyes roam around, there is a book shelf filled with books; a coffee table that has some reader’s digest on it while in the wall—hangs a portrait of Ms. Park and her family.

Eveyrthing is neat, as expected from Ms. Park.

The teacher told the student to sit on the brown couch while she is preparing iced tea. Ms Park knows why Minsu barged in her room. As a matter of fact, the petite professor is happy Minsu decided to talk to her. She has a feeling that talking with the new student will help her with her issues with Park Chanyeol.

They stared at each other for a while; none of them knows what to say. None of them knows how to start a conversation.

Gong Minzy can feel the thick awkwardness lingering in the air.

Both of them cleared their throats at the same time.

Scratched the back of their heads at the same time.

And looked at the window at the same time.


“Okay, we look silly—now I have an idea what you want to talk about…” Ms. Park is the first one who broke the silence between them.

Minzy let out a sigh.

“Chanyeol talked to me, he just said that I should keep what I heard. I just wanted to tell you that you secret is safe with me.” Minzy said, she is looking everywhere but on Ms. Park.

“I have known Chanyeol since he was still a baby. His parents and mine are of best of friends. He grew up before my eyes, I still remember the times when I have to baby sit him because both of our parents are busy with their businesses, we would play together; he is even willing to be my doll, I turn him into a girl and I am just so happy I have a friend like him. From a lousy boy, Chanyeol turned into a fine young man he is today… I even got the shock of my life when he proposed his love for me.” Ms Park smiled as if all the beautiful memories are happening in front of her.

Minzy felt a tugged inside of her heart.

“Our parents didn’t want us to be together, reason? The , that what I said to Chanyeol—there are tons of beautiful younger girls around him but he chose me, a professor and girl much older than him.”

“But you look young.” Ooops, it was supposed to be only inside my mind.

“That what they say, well—but my age is still...”

Minzy stared at Ms. Park, she does not what to neither say nor ask. She realized that Ms. Park has some insecurities concerning her age. And it makes her sad.

“But you like him?” Minzy suddenly asked.

“How can I not?”

Silence.

“He moved out of his parents just to prove that he is serious with his feelings for me, I am against it—I want him to have a good life. And now that he will do what I say, he just then asked me to marry him after all of this. I can’t believe him, how can he be so cool about it?” Ms Park groaned in frustration. Minzy thought that it is obvious that Ms. Park does not have someone to talk about this matter with anyone. At some point, she is happy that she is helping Ms. Park.

She once worked in a clinic, she saw how Doctor Jang will talk to her patience about insecurities and stuffs, and now—talking with Ms. Park feels like she is also talking to a troubled patient.

I never know that my working days with that witch doctor will be handy to me now.

Minzy watched as Ms. Park tossed around the room, tumbling and laughing like a maniac while saying Chanyeol is making me crazy, what to dooooo?!

It lasted for almost half an hour, watching Ms. Park gone nuts is a fun scenery; the professor is always on guard whenever she is in the classroom and in front of the students. But the Ms. Park in front of her now is different, a 4d person.

“I’m calm now, the felt good.” Ms. Park said while wiping a bead of sweat on her forehead.

Minzy gave the other bottled water that she found on the teacher’s desk. Ms. Park drank it in one go.

“You see, I really wanted to talk to someone about this matter. Good thing you came dear minus. They said that guys are really a listener. You won’t tell anyone about this right? You promised?”

Minzy nodded and lifted her right hand.

“Well then, I might as well do this… you can call me dara-noona outside the classroom. I’ll call you Minsu. Now, we are chingus!” Ms. Park exclaimed while raising her fist up in the air before grabbing minzy’s hand to shake it w/ hers.

Minzy smiled awkwardly.

Ms. Park is scary. Weird. But fun.

 

 

Minzy stared at the paper in front of her.

“Those are some basic information about the assigned students, hope you will read them thoroughly.” Park Bom sad while pointing at bunch of white folders in front of them.

Minzy nodded while she carefully scans the papers.

She immediately went to read the details about Park Chanyeol.

Name: Park Chanyeol

Program:

Parents:

     Mother: Owns restaurant and a famous chef

     Father: A famous musician

Birthdate: November 27, 1992

+Part of the school band XOXO, drummer

+He won in a ‘rap’ contest when he was 15 years old

+Also part of a gang named Wolves, he was detained once after being involved in an underground fight. Year 2013.

+He was known to be a trouble maker, always pulling pranks on students and professors.

+Regular student inside detention

+His aptitude test all shows that he is good in math and science related subject.

 

Minzy hummed.

“Okay, well—wow, underground fights, like gang fights?”

Secretary Park Bom nodded.

“He is my first subject but why am I thinking that I’m just about to start in a very hard way.” Secretary Park Bom smiled at Minzy. She knows that nothing will be easy for the young girl.

“But I realized how we will tame Park Chanyeol.” Minzy said after a minute, she let out a sly smile while browsing something on her phone.

The red haired secretary tilted her head towards the other, curious on what Minzy is thinking.

“The love of his life…” Minzy said, heart emojis can be seen in her eyes while waving her phone in front of the secretary.

Park Bom looked closely at the screen, and she laughed at she saw the picture of her colleague Ms. Park.

“Well, that boy still has some crush with Ms. Park eh?”

Minzy groaned. “Is he that obvious? I mean, it looks deeper than that, I don’t think it is crush.”

“Ms. Park is one of my closest friends here in the University, and I know how Chanyeol is really devoted to her. Same goes with Dara. They are like the modern Romeo and Juliet.”

“I have no idea how to help Chanyeol aside from the fact that Ms. Park is my golden way. Anyways, I’ll type in the stuffs that Chanyeol is nagging about Ms. Park and I’ll pass it to you tomorrow.” Minzy said before bowing towards the red haired secretary.

Park Bom nodded and she watched as the younger departed her office.

 

 

Minzy tugged the coat around her tightly she even wore a hoodie inside just to feel warm and protected; the cold wind makes her feel alone. She is very careful about her step. She is wearing all black with a cap that hides her face.

She is currently following two tall figures, namely Park Chanyeol and a guy named Kris Wu.

She saw both of them in the dormitory hallway and she heard some words about fights, price and Wolves. And she thought that this is perfect to know more about Park Chanyeol.

Walking in the busy street of the city of Seoul, the two tall figures headed to a dark alley.

Minzy gulped. She can practically saw signs above her head; saying, To go with them or just wait for them and just go sit in a café.

“I am Gong Minzy, and I shall choose TO GO WITH THEM.” She firmly said to herself, some people passing in front of her looked at her weirdly.

Park Chanyeol and Kris Wu entered in some kind of a pub.

As she was about to enter too, a man that can pass as a bouncer.

“This is an exclusive pub, no I.D no entry.” Said the big guy.

Minzy gulped. Just how can I enter that stupid dirty pub.

“I have money?” Minzy said, she is not sure if her tactic will work.

The man looked at her while frowning, Minzy decided that maybe she should stop snooping around Chanyeol for now, she might be pretty good in martial arts but as she saw other guys about the same size of the man in front of her peeking from the inside the pub, while the others is slowly approaching her—she is not an idiot to fight with them.

“Hey dude, it’s fine—he’s with me.” 

Minzy turned towards from where the voice came from. Her eyes widens as she saw Kim Jongin standing and looking at her. He is wearing stripped jeans and white plain shirt with snapback. He is raising his hand with a flashy I.D on it that looks like a credit card.

What the hell he is doing here?

“Oh? Well…okay, come on in.”

Jongin tugged Minzy inside the pub, and they are greeted by the pungent smell of cigarette and alcohol. Minzy wanted to vomit but she tried to straighten herself and let the man dragged her.

She is terrified of the place.

They went to the second floor of the place and entered a room, girls assisted them; Minzy placed herself away as much as possible from Jongin and the girls.

“So, Minsu fancy seeing you here.” She heard Jongin says.

“Oh, well… yeah—you too.” Was all she managed to answer.

“First timer eh? What brings you here?” Truth is, Minzy does not know why she is having a conversation with this man, aside from the fact that he helped her yes, but he is still Kim Jongin. And she is sure this brat will say something mean to her again.

“I better go downstairs, thank you for your help a while ago. Ciao.” Minzy said as she dashed outside the room, ignoring Jongin’s screaming her name. Minsu.

She squeezed in the sea of people, she tried to spot Park Chanyeol and his friend. Good thing both of the males stand out the most because of their height and looks, she spotted them quickly.

She saw Chanyeol drinking and Kris Wu smoking, she shook her head while she take  her phone from her bag pack and took a picture of the two boys. The picture came out slight blur and hazy since it is dark and people kept on bumping into her.

Ugh, I look like a stalker.

She went to sit for a while in the dirty table where poker cards and ash trays can be seen.

She looked around her, people danced around and making out with each other. They all look the same age as hers, and she does not know what to feel.

“All this rich brats partying all night, I feel sorry for your parents.” Minzy said, she can barely hear her own voice amidst the loud sound.

She was disturbed on her own thought as she heard an announcement from the DJ

“Okay, clear the center guys—clear the center, time for our fights!” This was followed by a loud cheer from the crowd.

“The what?”

“Fights. You know like they try to kill each other but not totally kill each other, like boxing. The winner will win some cash.” Minzy almost got the shock of her life when she saw Kim Jongin standing beside her.

Minzy placed her hand on her chest, trying to regain her breath.

And suddenly, what Kim Jongin told her sinks in.

Park Chanyeol. Gang fights. Underground battle.

“What is this, underground battle?” She blurted out.

“Bingo.”

Minzy was about to ask more question but she saw Park Chanyeol and Kris Wu stepped inside the circle, two other guys stepped in against them.

“You know the drill guys, beat up and win cash.” The DJ said, but now Minzy was not even sure if he is really a DJ.

The crowd is in chaos, all of them are anticipating the moves of the four people in the center.

“Chanyeol and Kris are like a pro when it comes to these stuffs, I’m betting on them.” Jongin said and Minzy glanced at him as she saw the tan male gave bills to the girl walking around with a tray, she decided not to bet.

 

Minzy winced at every punch Chanyeol and Kris received, but at the same time she can’t helped but to cheer on whenever the two will kick and punch their opponent.

Chanyeol strangled the other man while Kris punched him the guy like a punching bag.

The crowd are now shouting her two school mate’s name.

And just like that, Chanyeol and Kris won.

 

 

 

“UGHHH Let go! Let go!” Minzy hissed as Chanyeol is dragging her by her hoodie.

“Are you following me?” Park Chanyeol asked, voice deeper than usual.

“I’m not!” Minzy stutter. Way to answer Gong Minzy.

“He’s lying.” Said Kris Wu.

“You are lucky I am in good mood now, come on little Minsu—look at this height, you look like an elementary student.” Chanyeol’s booming laugh can now be heard through the cold empty alley.

Minzy wiggled herself out of Chanyeol’s hold and glared at him.

“Let’s go back to the university.” Chanyeol said.

Minzy just quietly followed the two male.

“Wait… I also saw Kim Jongin tonight.” Minzy said, looking around if she can see Kim Jongin. She clearly forgot the male when Chanyeol spotted her back in the pub.

“Well, he might be on his way back in the university.” Kris Wu said. Chanyeol nodded and gestured Minzy to continue walking.

“Okay.”

Everything seems fine, aside from the fact that the alley is scary but Minzy now doesn’t mind.

But as Minzy feels that they are being followed and she leaned down as she pretended to tie her shoe lace, from the corner of her eyes she saw almost a dozen guys walking towards them.

She straightened up as she heard one guy shouted Chanyeol and Kris name.

The two tall figures turned around and frowned as they saw guys approaching them. Chanyeol can easily smell that something is not right.

“Minsu, come on.” Chanyeol immediately called out, his classmate jog his way towards him.

As they were about to walk away—“Where are you guys going huh? Thought you can go away just like that?” A guy said.

Chanyeol and Kris exchanged glances and Minzy felt like she is back on old habits.

As she turns to see the guys running towards them, she stretched her arms and legs. Chanyeol and Kris nodded to each other before charging towards the guys.

Minzy groaned before doing the same.

Tim to beat up someone again.

She dodged the punches that were being thrown at her. It is hard, since the ratio is 3:1. Even though she was well trained in martial arts and been doing boxing for some years, she is starting to get tired.

She let out an ‘oof” when the guy managed to give her a blow in her stomach.                  

She steal glances towards Chanyeol and Kris and both of them are also having a hard time fighting. Kris almost fell down on the ground but Chanyeol helped him.

Minzy can’t help but to hiss as she throw punches and kicks towards her opponents.

“Just give us the cash and we will let you go. Can’t you see you are outnumbered?”

Minzy’s eyes widens. Cheaters.

She was about to smack the guy but was stopped when she heard the sound of a police siren from the distance.

The guys ran as fast as they can but Minzy, Chanyeol and Kris fell on the ground due to exhaustion.

“This will fxxking bruise.” Kris said while pointing at his eye.

“.” Was all Chanyeol said as they saw two cops walking towards them.

“Double it.” Minzy groaned.

 

 

Sitting side by side, the three of them looked like a lost puppy.

“Well, at least we are alive.”

“Dude, we are not minors anymore… do you know what this means? Camping here in jail.”

“We are so dead.”

Chanyeol and Kris looked at Minsu.

“You got the moves a while a go Minsu, you and Tao should be friends.” Kris said while Chanyeol nodded.

“Park Chanyeol, you’re out.” The police officer said, he opened the cell and Chanyeol lazily walks outside.

Minzy and Kris went to see what is going on outside and Minzy saw a gorgeous woman wearing pastel dress.

“This is your last straw Park Chanyeol, you will be going to New York and study there.” The woman ordered.

“Like you can make me.” Replied the tall guy.

“Oh yes I can… Let’s see what will happen to your noona’s work.”

What.

“She doesn’t mean that right?” Minzy didn’t realize she said it out loud, she finnaly gets what is happening.

“Chanyeol’s mother now meddling with Ms. Park’s work.” Minzy looked at Kris.

“What? I know that you now the real score between them. I am Chanyeol’s best friend, he told me how you eavesdrop them.”

“What is he going to do now?”

“Dunno… nothing can stop the mother. Ugh, let’s just go sit there and wait for someone to let us out.”

Minzy nodded and followed Kris and they both sat on the cold floor.

“I’ll just take a nap and don’t disturb or I’ll punch your girly faced.” Kris threatened. Minzy almost choke on her own saliva.

Kris lies on the ground and put her arms to cover her eyes while Minzy is all ears on what is happening outside.

“Do not touch her. I will study abroad; just do not do something on her.” Chanyeol said to his mother.

“Better fulfill your promise, you think I am not capable of doing anything? Her parents and mine are no longer acquainted with each other. I’ll drop you off first back in the university and pack your things.”

Chanyeol looked back at the cell. He nodded towards Minsu before marching outside the station.

Minzy frowned.

And after an hour—

“Hey both of you, come out.” Says the officer.

Minzy woke Kris up and as they stepped outside the cell, an angry Secretary Park Bom greeted them.

 

 

“Community service for a month and suspension for a week.” Park Bom said towards the two students.

Kris just shrugged it off and headed back to his dorm room while Minzy stayed.

“Have you heard what happened to Chanyeol?” Minzy asked.

“We can’t do anything about it, she also wanted to cancel your mission towards her son. She realizes that nothing can stop his son.”

“Can’t you see? This is all happening because of the lack of communication and understanding between Chanyeol and his mom. If I can just have the chance to let them talk with each other that would be great. And by talk I mean, in a calm way and they will listen to each other.”

“Just go back to your room Minzy, and here are some medicines remember to drink them—your wounds are not that good.” Secretary Park Bom said in a sad tone. She herself is sad on what is happening towards Chanyeol.

“I can’t believe this!” Minzy almost shouted and she walked out of the office, making sure the she closed the door loudly.

Her anger was stopped when she saw Chanyeol in the hallway, crying.

She slowly took steps towards her classmate. Chanyeol looked up at her and she was taken back at how broken he is.

“You want to talk about it?” Was all Minzy can say.

 

 

 

Chanyeol gave Minzy an envelope.

“Give that to Dara please, her family is experiencing some financial issues towards their business because of me.”

“Why don’t you give it yourself? I mean, she would love it.” Minzy said. She is not used on seeing Chanyeol like this. His is always fun and yeah, mean since always pranking on someone. But now, he looks like he is sick.

“I have to leave tomorrow morning. And I can’t do that if I will face her. That is all the cash I managed to get from the fights, give it to her please.”

Chanyeol walked out with heavy steps. Minzy ran after him.

“Piece of advice Park Chanyeol. Man up and talk to your parents, Ms. Park does not deserve a cry baby and someone who can’t express himself.” And with that Minzy took her leave.

 

 

 

“I gave all the information you have gathered to Mrs. Park. She wanted to talk to you actually.” Minzy eyes widens.

“WHAT? I AM NOT MENTALLY PREPARED FOR THIS!” She shouted.

“Wear a cap and a mask; it is for you, she is already waiting for you on the guidance office.” Secretary Park Bom said.

Minzy grabbed fistful of her hair before accepting the cap and mask the secretary is giving her.

“Nobody informed me about this though.” Minzy said.

“Go, while everyone is still in class yet.”

Minzy groaned.

 

Her steps are heavy, inside her mind she is writing the words she must tell to Chanyeol’s mother. This is her first subject, she must not mess it up or else bye bye scholarship.

She opened the door and she saw the elegant woman sitting on the beige colored couch.

“Are you the student?” She asked, Minzy nodded and sat across her.

“I read all you gave me, so apparently Chanyeol proposed to Sandara Park?”

Minzy gulped before nodding.

“Don’t you know how to speak?”

“Uh…yes. Yes.”

“Chanyeol’s flight is this afternoon… tell me, should I trust him that he will really do what I asked him to do?” The older asked.

Minzy almost scoff.

And she didn’t know what got into her but she felt an urge of confidence and fighting spirit slowing zipping in.

“Ma’am I am sure your son will do what you said this time. I just want to say something about your son Ma’am—with all due respect.” Minzy asked the woman, the other nodded her head.

“I suggest you should talk to him and hear him out. Especially about his feelings and his relationship with Ms. Park. In this way, I can say that you and your son will understand each other more. Park Chanyeol only wanted you to understand him and Ms. Park. He really is a trouble maker, but he is fun to be with and all the students feel light whenever he is around. He is like a vitamin.”

Mrs. Park pondered for a moment, Minzy is praying that the woman can understand what she is saying.

“What I am asking Mrs. Park is please, hear him out. And your son will do what he promised to you, he will study in New York just as what you asked him to do”

“I will do what my mother told me, not only for Dara but also for myself. Maybe in that way—mother will trust me that I can make life choices all by myself. Maybe she’ll give me some credits and let me love the person I truly love. And maybe, I can have some fresh start there.”

Minzy looked at her classmate, she just can’t believe that Chanyeol is saying those words. He is really determined to straighten things up.

“Now, that’s what I say Man up.”

“And don’t worry, I’ll talk to my mom…calmly.” The taller added.

 

 

 

 

“So, what do you think about this one?” Secretary Park Bom asked the two ladies in front of her. She walked like she is in a runaway show.
“You look fantastic as usual Bom.” Ms. Park replied, she nudge the one who is beside her who just nonchalantly raised her thumb.

“Awww Minzy, come on bring out the girl in you.”

Minzy shook her head before saying; “Looking great.”

Ms. Park and the Secretary exchanged glances with each other as the shrug their shoulders.

Minzy was kidnap by the two faculties for a shopping day; but instead of buying clothes she treat herself with buying books and cd’s her favorite artist.

Her eyes darted to her phone beside her as she saw it lit up.

A message from an unknown number.

Mother said I shall study for a couple of years in NY. She also let me study music, and she said that she will apologize to Dara’s family. I man up, you’re right all I just have to do is talk calmly to her and express myself. Thanks Minsu.

….you are really small, drink vitamins’ not too late..

-PCY

 

She smiled as she saw the message. She turned to Ms. Park who seems to know what she is thinking.

“I will meet Chanyeol’s mother tomorrow, and I am happy that he can study what he loves the most. We decided to take a break for a while but I told him I will be waiting, I mean… it’s only two years wait, I can manage. I am just very thankful that at least he is trying to fix his relationship with his mom.” The petite professor said.

“And thank you Minzy. You are such a brave young woman.” Ms. Park added as she fixed Minzy’s bags.

Secretary Park Bom and Minzy decided to tell Ms. Park about everything they are keeping. At first the teacher is shocked but soon she said that she will do everything to help Minzy on her missions.

Minzy is just happy that there are two people, and three—adding the principal, that is ready to help her.

“I’ll go to the playground.” Minzy said, the other two nodded and asked the youngest to be on time on their dinner in the Italian restaurant.

 

Minzy inhaled the fresh hair.

One down, 1.2.3 ughhhh many more to go.

 

 

 

 

 

 

           


Author's Note:

Thank you for the upvotes! And keep the comments coming, let us all spazz about 2NEXO !

(i know i know i knowwww this is soo shameless, but yep~ give this poor author-nim another 2 upvotes and maybe a comment? Like i really wanna interact with you guys and let us all cry for the lack of KAIMINZY interactions. But still, LONG LIVE KAIMINZY!)

 

thank you, and sorry for any grammatical errors <3