Four

Pretender

Chapter Four

 

“Chanyeol Park is doing those things for the reasons that he wanted to show his mother that he can do things. He is more like sending warnings that if they still try to provoke him, he will continue to be a trouble maker. Which didn’t work.” Minzy said.

The dean hummed as he taps his pen against his mahogany table. The old man is quite amazed on how Minzy handled the situation. He didn’t expect the girl to act this fast and really talked to Mrs. Park, he thought that she will confront him and whine since Minzy is a trouble maker herself.

“You’ve done a great job Ms. Gong. But your suspension will not be lifted, we don’t want other students asking why you got away right?”

Minzy rolled her eyes before nodding.

“Anyways, I need to rest. One week is perfect.” She said.

The dean watched her walked her way out of his office with a smile on his lips; he is surely excited what more Gong Minzy can do regarding the issues of some of his students.

Things are just getting started, and more exciting.

 

 

 

 

 

Minzy rolled around her bed. She is bored and does not have anything to do. She thought that her suspension days are over once she entered this university.

Since she has nothing to do, she decided to call her friend way back from her past         college school. She searched the name on her phonebook and she happily slides the call button.

It took three rings before her friend answered the call.

“Who’s this?” Minzy frowned for a second, but then she realize that she changed her number that’s why her friend doesn’t recognized her.

“It’s me Minzy, this is my new number.”

A squeal can be heard from the other line.                                                                         

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! YOU DIDN’T EVEN TELL ME YOU WILL TRANSFER SCHOOL!”

“Oh shiz, lower down your voice Chaerin.” Minzy saidm she inched her phone away from her ear.

She heard Chaerin let out a sigh from the other line. Minzy felt bad, she chooses not to tell her friend about her plans. She knows that Chaerin will go berserk, and will try her best to transfer with Minzy. And that won’t do any good. Given that I will be transferring in all boys’ school.

But she just misses the other so much and she could use to talk to somebody as of the moment since boredom is killing her.

“Uhmmm, I just wanted to say sorry for not telling you that I am transferring and well, I am doing well. My new university is one of a kind. I’m having fun. Yeah, Fun.” Minzy said, she wanted to scoff when she said that she is having fun. Indeed she is having fun, but she is also scared less.

“I am not that mad y’ know… Just, I wanna know why you kept it from me. And I am happy that you are enjoying there.”

“I don’t know, I just felt like I should do this on my own ‘cause I know you’ll push through and join me. And you know what that means; your mom will kill me.” Minzy smiled.

She can hear the harmonious laughter of Chaerin.

“You don’t have class today? I mean, I am actually in the comfort room when you called. I have ethics.”

Minzy stopped for a while, she contemplated if she will be honest and tell Chaerin that she is currently suspended because she is included in gang fights. But that is actually digging her own grave, so No.

“Oh? It’s my vacant!” She answered with much cheerfulness.

“Ooohkay. I’ll call you back later tonight. I have to go back to class, and be ready to answer tons of my questions.” Chaerin said, Minzy knows that the latter is serious so maybe she should start constructing lies about her university.

She could not tell her friend the truth.

That will create World War III.

“Okay bye, talk to you later.” She bid her friend goodbye. She waited for the line to went dead before tossing her phone on the table beside her bed.

She let out a heavy sigh, she stared at her ceiling and imagined what could have happened if she didn’t agree on transferring and pretending a boy in this university. She grimaced at the idea that she might be living under the bridge and is nothing but a forgotten human in this world.

Think positive Gong Minzy. It is hard yes, but at least you can continue study and you have a decent marvelous shelter. And the food! You are eating yummy foods so just bear with it.

She does not know the reason why she is feeling down as of the moment. Maybe when she heard Chaerin’s voice, it triggers something inside her. She realized that she really misses her life as Gong Minzy and not Gong Minsu.

“I should not be feeling like this.” Minzy groaned. She misses everything outside the world of Gong Minsu, the boy.

She turned her head left and right, as if trying to wiggle out all the bad feelings and thoughts insides her.

Maybe she got tired already thinking random stuffs that she didn’t notice that she fell deep in dream land.

 

The loud sound of her ring tone woke her up, she almost stumble from her bed as she search for the device which is placed just beside her bed. But her room is dark since its night time already. Great, I overslept. Once she spotted her phone and saw that Chaerin is calling her she immediately answers it while walking towards the light switch.

“What took you so long to answer?” Was the first she heard from the other line.

“I was taking a nap.” Minzy can hear some skrillex song from the background and she can imagine her friend is doing some workouts again.

“You tired huh? Bet you have a lot of school papers to do. I just called to ask you we should really talk in person. I miss you girl y’ know that. Let’s have some chit chat in our favorite café!”

Minzy didn’t answer at first because she is panicking inside already.

Her old university is like three hours away from where she is now and she is a boy as of the moment, hair short and everything. Just how can she meet Chaerin.

“Well… I don’t think that is a great idea for now.”

“WHY?” Minzy winced at the tone of her friend, the other is obviously mad and sad at the same time.

“Because studies are killing me.” She can’t think of any reason that’s why she is saying whatever words came across on her mind.

“You are indeed a nerd now, where did the kick- super hero Minzy went?”

Minzy let out a chuckle. “I’m trying to change here.”

“Okay, okay… just let me know when we can meet understand? And by the way, the dance competition you wanted to join; you remember the video we sent? They replied and you passed the first round.”

Minzy stopped breathing for a while.

The competition. How come she almost forgot?

She’s been practically dreaming to be part and to compete in that contest and she felt like crying after knowing she passed the first round. Chaerin is actually the one who told her to send a video of her dancing, and she prayed that she is lucky enough for the judges and instructors to notice her. But now she passed, how can she join if she is now living as a different person?

“You still there girl?”

“I passed? For real?!”

“And the competition will take place at New Generation club two months from now. You still want to pursue?”

Minzy let out five shaky breathes.

This is her dream.

“I—well, okay you know what Chaerin… I am so overwhelmed right now but I don’t know if I can join it.”

“But you wanted this! You practiced sooo much for your routine!” Chaerin wailed, the girl didn’t understand why Minzy is saying such things.

Silence, just a steady breathing can be heard on both lines.

“How about this, I’ll give you three days to think about this while dance contest thing. And if your decision is still the same then that’s what I am going to reply to them. So please, think.” Chaerin said.

“Okay.” Minzy whispered.

The two friends bid each other good bye.

Minzy let out a heavy sigh and plopped down on her bed again.

 

 

Kris Wu looks at his classmate who keeps on walking around like a zombie. They are currently doing their community service, and they are assigned to clean the streets in front of the university.

“Minsu, hey…” The tall male called out.

“What.” He almost stumbles back when he saw how big Minsu’s eye bags are.

“Are you high?”

The latter shook its head before going back on sweeping the dry leaves on the ground.

Kris raised his shoulders in defeat.

They work in silent after that, but as family of three passes right through them—a kid who is happy swinging in the arms of his parents and you could practically smell the happiness from them Minzy noticed how Kris Wu stared at them.

Something is a bit off.

She waited for the family to be far out of their site before standing beside Kris Wu.

“Cute right.”

Kris glanced on her, more like glared at her.

“What? I love seeing a family like that.”

“Bet the dad is ing someone who is not his wife. Maybe that is not the wife.” Kris said in a low sharp voice.

Minzy frowned. “Okay…”

“Family, bull.” Kris scoffs as he gathers the leaves in a pile.

Minzy watched the male. Something is definitely wrong.

Everything became awkward after that. They work as if they didn’t know each other. Kris’ mood seemed to get worst after the whole ‘family’ ordeal.

Minzy didn’t push it any further.

 

 

She looked down at the files of Kris. She begged Secretary Park Bom for some background details of Kris. It took her a minute for the red haired woman to give her everything she needed, thanks to the help of a slice of watermelon, a stick of corn and a cup of pudding.

She locked the door of the cubicle as she read the information written in the neat paper.

 

Name: Wu Kris/Kevin; Wu Yifan

Program: Mechanical Engineering

Parents:

     Mother: Real-Estate

     Father: Unknown

Birthdate: November 06, 1990

+Basket Ball Captain of the University team.

+Scholar, Athletic Program

+Art’s group Vice-President; Known for his skills in Abstract Painting

+Model in a clothing line ‘HBA’

+Was once sent to a psychiatrist regarding his issue with family and bonds.

+Detained because of drug racing and gang fights.

 

Minzy stared at the words printed on the paper. She’s not surprised with Kris being involved in gang fights since she witnessed it herself, but she just can’t imagine the tall male being all artsy; Kris Wu being the basketball captain is not shocking at all, with his height—it is just logical that he is into that sport. Also being a model, as Minzy thought about it, her classmate is indeed good looking, so why not be a model.

Everything in the paper is quiet interesting, but the disturbing part for Minzy is there is no details about Kris’ father.

She walked back and forth on her room. She feels like the answer is in front of her.

Oh.

Minzy grabbed her bag pack, she tucked her shirt properly and took a deep breathe while staring at her reflection on the mirror. She made sure that she doesn’t look weird or anything. After that, she looked around her room and checked if she left anything important.

She jogged her way out and went in their gymnasium. She recited a silent prayer as she scan around the area, trying to spot a certain tall blonde male.

She doesn’t know where Kris Wu might be, she is just trying to locate the other based on his hobbies, his dorm room is her last resort but she felt like jumping up high as she saw Kris dribbling a ball near the exit of the gym.

“KRIS!” She called out, the male turned his head towards her.

She ran towards him, not minding the idea that kris might be thinking something weird because she is calling him out of the blue.

‘Wuzzup.” The male greeted.

Minzy stopped for a while, she felt like she needs to slap herself.

This is so awkward.

“Uhmmm… uhmmm…. How’s Chanyeol?” She asked, voice slightly shaking.

Kris frowned for a while and studied the smaller.

“He’s fine, he called just after we finished cleaning…”

“Okay… Uhmmm, we are friends right?” Minzy held her breathe, she don’t have any choice but to be frank.

“No.” Was all Kris answered.

Minzy let out a curse inside her mind, but physically she is laughing awkwardly.

“Bro, that’s mean though.”

Kris chuckled and turned his attention on the ball.

“Why are you here shorty.”

“Everyone is on their class right now, and I actually needed to go somewhere but since I’m new here I might got lost so…maybe you could come with me?” Minzy looked straight in Kris’ eyes. She hopes that everything will work, after all she wanted to finish with Kris immediately.

Kris tilted his head, he find everything that is happening weird.

“Since you kept Chanyeol’s secret, he is my friend so okay… just this once shorty.” Kris said.

Minzy threw a fist towards the sky.

 

 

“What is your business here?” Kris asked, he is clearly fuming with irritation.

Minzy let out a shaky laugh as he dragged the tall man inside the building.

They were greeted by children, running to them and clinging on their knees. The room was soon filled with shrikes and kids calling out ‘hyungs!’

The look on Kris face is funny, Minzy felt like laughing out loud but she tried her best to stop. She bowed towards the two teachers in the room.

“It’s been a while Minsu.”

Secretary Park Bom actually took Minzy and introduced her on the orphanage. The red haired woman asked for Minzy’s helped once, the orphanage is one of those foundations that the university is helping. Minzy loves helping, and she fell in love with the kids in the orphanage.

She thought that maybe, bring Kris in the orphanage she can get closer to what is wrong with the taller.

She knows that this is a big risk, and she is ready to face what the reaction Kris might give.

“I brought one of my school mates.” Minzy said towards the two teachers.

“So nice to see you here Minsu, please look after the children while we are preparing their snacks.”

Minzy nodded and smiled at the kids running around her.

 

She noticed how Kris will avoid any physical interactions with the kids, but obviously he is all eyes for the children. He would stand up and be rigid when he saw kids fell on the ground or if he saw any kids crying. He is worried, and Minzy felt like there is something more behind Kris cold expression.

“Secretary Park Bom will always bring me here when we have nothing to do, I am a volunteer here after I started studying in the university.” Minzy said while playing with a little girl—her name is Leila.

“Then why don’t know the way towards here?” Oh, busted.

“I—I always got confused. Not good with directions, and I need company.” She stutters.

“Whatever.”

Kris sat beside his classmate and smiled at the little girl.

“Handsome!” The little one squealed towards Kris.

The blonde boy smiled, he looked hesitant when he reach towards the kid’s chubby cheeks; pinching it lightly.

“You seem to love kids, why not play with them?” Minzy asked.

“I’m afraid I might hurt them…”

Silence.

Minzy let out a sigh, she didn’t expect that answer from the other. But as she watches how Kris would look at the kids, she knows that he has some soft spot on them. Well, everyone has a soft spot for kids. She did the right thing on bringing Kris in the orphanage.

“Kids are very soft and defenseless.” Kris added.

Minzy can’t think of anything to say, instead she turns to Leila who keeps on reaching out towards Kris.

“Dear, why don’t you play with your friends hmmm?” Minzy whispered to the child. The little girl nodded her head and ran towards the other group of children who is playing leggos.

Minzy doesn’t know what to say, to avoid the lingering awkwardness around them she tried to focus her attention somewhere else. She arranged the pile of story books and placed them neatly on the mini book shelf while Kris tried to put the teddy bears in the cushion, trying to make it nice to look at.

The girl tried to think of ways how to lure out details from Kris. She just can’t ask the male what happened, she shook her head.

She was on trance until she heard Leila crying, the little girl is sitting on the floor it seems like she fell.

But before Minzy could get to her, Kris beat her on it. The blonde male scoots Leila to his arm and carried her to sit on the pastel colored sofa. He is always wiping her tears with his fingers, Minzy also heard how Kris is coaxing the crying kid.

It took him almost three minutes to calm the kid. But Minzy is impressed; she never thought he can handle kids like that. Just by looking at it, he doesn’t look like he has some issues in his life right now.

After hours of having fun with the kids, the two students went to help the teachers and social workers to prepare the food. The kids happily ate everything; the long table was filled with the laughter’s of the children. The sad pasts were not visible in their angel like faces.

It was almost dark when Kris and Minzy left the orphanage. Kris has to promise Leila that he will be back in order for the little girl to stop crying, she is definitely attached to Kris.

They sat side by side in the bus, they are both tired after playing with the kids but their hearts are warm. Minzy felt like all her stress and the things that goes around her mind has subsided, while Kris felt light.

“You seem so good around handling children.” Minzy said with a smile.

“I used to babysit my cousins when they were younger. Their parents are not always around. It’s like a work though, they pay me.”

Minzy nodded, she can see a small smile when Kris was talking about his cousins.

When they arrived at the university, they bid each other goodbye and headed to their own dorm rooms.

Minzy smiled and felt like she is getting near on earning Kris’ trust when the tall male told her “it’s fun”; talking about their trip in the orphanage.

That night, Minzy fell asleep with a smile on her face for she knows that everything is on the right track.  Maybe.

 

 

“Good to see you back.” Taemin greeted.

Minzy let out a shaky laugh, dropping beside her friend. It is weird that she feels happy since her suspension has been lifted up.

Taemin pushed a notebook towards Minsu, the latter looked at him and he just shrugged his shoulders.

“I took notes for you. And that is not for free, I want smoothie! The strawberry one.” Minzy rolled her eyes and whispered a genuine thank you and scans the notes. Taemin’s hand writing is so neat that she can mistakenly look at it as written by a girl.

“So, saw you went back late in the university with Kris, where you two been going? If you will be tangled to some trouble again, I swear Minsu…” Taemin said.

Minzy scoffed.

“You sound like Secretary Park, we just went to this orphanage. You know, we can write it as one of our sorry doings for all we have done.”

“Okay… so how did it go? I mean, Kris doesn’t look like he will be softy to all those little fluffy ball of sunshine.”

Minzy laughed; “He is actually quite good at handling kids. You’ll be surprised.”

“Oh really?” She can see how curious Taemin is about Kris taking care of children.

“Yes, at first he seems awkward and all but he catches up. It’s actually a good day yesterday. Though when he first saw the place, thought he will punch me.”

Minzy, from the corner of her eyes saw Kim Jongin entered in the room. He obviously looks so tired and she frowned.

Taemin noticed how his friend is looking at Kim Jongin.

“Hey, stop staring…” he whispered.

Minzy shrugged and smiled at Taemin.

“He seems different today…”

Taemin hummed, turning his attention on his textbook.

Minzy tsked when she saw how Jongin bullied one of her class mates, some other guys from the room also joined them. She used all her power to stop them, restraining herself from throwing some punches.

“Look at him bullying others.” She hissed.

Taemin stared at her.

“He is not like that before you know.”

The latter looked at him. “What do you mean?”

“He changed…a lot. And it’s not his fault.” Was all Taemin said.

Minzy waited for few moments, hoping Taemin could give her more details about Kim Jongin but she saw how Taemin is done with it and she decided that she should not push it.

Lee Taemin sure knows a lot about the people around here.

 

 

 

Secretary Park Bom raised her brow towards Gong Minzy.

The younger is fidgeting in front of her. How unsual.

“So, you are asking me what to do? To join or not to join?” She asked.

“Yes, to be honest I don’t know. I mean, this is my dream but with everything I’m into right now… I don’t even know if it is still possible to do that.” Sadness is evident on Minzy’s voice.

The red haired woman let out a heavy sigh, she gently puts down all her paper works on the table to give the student her full attention.

“Join. The Dean didn’t give you any restrictions regarding your hobbies or private life. All he asked you is to pretend and be good at it, we don’t want this university to be the one hindering your dream. So call your friend and tell her that you will join…unless you really don’t want to join the competition?”

Minzy almost jumped out her place. She let out a silent scream and punched her fist up in the air.

“You think that dean would be okay with it?” She excitedly asked, eyes shining towards the secretary.

Secretary Park Bom chuckled; “You don’t even need to ask for his permission.”

“Okay… okay, thank you sooooo much!” Minzy said. She bowed and left the room, hopping as if she just won a lottery.

She really wanted to join in the dance competition. Now that she knew the school won’t mind her joining, all she has to prepare is herself. She must be prepared, her mental state and of course her routine.

But for now, all she can think of is calling her friend Chaelin.

 

Secretary Park Bom managed to give her an empty room far from any student’s eyes. She is really thankful towards the older since one of her problems is a place to practice her dance. Thank goodness there is an old studio behind the university building, everything is fine with the room, little bit dusty but it is perfect for her.

She grips the key of the room on her hand before tossing it with her bag on the floor. She bends down to fix the speaker and soon, the room is blasting with some hip-hop playlist.

Minzy misses dancing, it feels like all her muscle are tense for the few minutes of stretching up, figures since it’s been several months since her last dance practice.

But after stretching and being familiar with her own gracefulness, the music and her body became one.

 

She was too engrossed at her dancing that she didn’t notice a pair of eyes watching through the dusty window.

 

 

 

She is walking as if someone is behind her. She just wanted to get to her room ‘cause it is too hot and her sweat is so sticky that her skin begun getting itchy. She was done practicing but will continue tomorrow since she is still not halfway through her routine, with the dance competition date coming—she started to feel like she should cram a little.

But somehow, walking in the same hallway of the school she would always have to see something interesting.

Or more like, something that would cause her head ache.

 

 

Kris Wu is pinning a senior on the wall, he is harshly grabs the latter’s collar.

“Shut up! Just shut up!” he growled.

Minzy’s eyes widens on the scene before her. All of a sudden she felt afraid towards the senior since she saw the capabilities of Kris Wu.  She stride towards the two and tried to loosen Kris’ hold on the senior. Some students are also trying to calm Kris down.

“Let go Kris, come on.” She said, voice calm because she knows that if she went berserk it will give nothing.

Kris harshly shrugged her hands off his arms, Minzy almost stumbles back.

She felt like she awoken, she is so tired from all the practice she has done; her body is ready to self-destruct and fell on the ground to sleep.

Breathing in some air, she grabbed Kris coat and with all her might bushed him away from the senior. The tall male fell on the ground and she wanted to laugh for he looks so lost.

“What the?” He hissed.

“Can you calm down?” She shot back, she motioned for the senior to go away while Kris is still on the ground. The students who are watching have their jaws on the floor.

No one messes with Kris Wu, but Minsu just did.

Kris massaged his bottom as he stood up from the ground, he glared at his school mate. He stride forward to the smaller knocking the other towards the wall.

Minzy let out an ‘ooff´ when she felt pain strikes her back.

With all her might, she moved her knee and aims it to his groin.

For the second time of the day, Kris Wu landed on the floor face full of grim.

 

 

Minzy looked at the can of soda in front of her.

She is contemplating whether to drink or not.

“Have a sip, I did not put any poison in that one.” A smooth low voice said.

Minzy raised her brow towards the male, at the same time she let out a small smile as she took the can from him.

“For your size, your strength is really admirable.”

“And for your age, you act like an elementary student.” She shot back.

“He insulted my mother, how do you expect me to react? Say ‘thank you’?” Sarcasm is evident in his voice. Minzy shook her head as she placed her drink in the floor, she leaned her head against the wall. She is still dead tired after a couple of hours of nap, it’s almost midnight but here they are drinking coke.

She wanted to strangle Kris Wu as the said boy knocked on her dorm room just because he can’t sleep wan wanted to talk to somebody.

“You should just like talk to him calmly, I know your witty use it!”

Kris scoffed; “Being calm when it comes to my mother is not my style.”

This sassy lil shiz.

“You see, you just beaten him; is that what your mother taught you?”

Silence.

And then, Kris shook his head like a kid—Minzy almost choke as she saw how he is pouting.

“Show him that you are better person than him. Your intention is good, but the way you just dealt with is wrong. Try to change it.” She pats Kris’ shoulder.

“I just don’t want them to say bad stuffs about my mom. I got here in school because my basketball skills is good—as what the professors says. Not that my mom slept with the school directors. I hate it when they would talk trash about her. She suffered a lot raising me alone, she did all she could just to let me study and when I passed that athletic scholarship in here, I know that in this way it will be a great help for her. She is so happy for me.”

“All this kids, all they can do is waste their parent’s money because they know that they have lots of it. But their parents are working hard just to give them all they wanted. And most of them don’t have anything to do but to pull downwards others who is not rich like them.”

Minzy is silent for a while, she never thought that her classmate Kris Wu have all this things bottled up inside him.

She felt bad, she wanted to help him badly.

And she just can’t help but to notice the similarities in their lives.

“Have you ever thought that they are doing such things because they are jealous to you? Like, you are living a simple life, without bothering the money that you have is getting smaller ‘cause you have none to begin with.” Minzy raised her palm towards Kris as she saw how the male was about to stop her.

“I’m an orphan, then the principal met me and I don’t know what he saw in me to offer me a scholarship in this school. At first I am scared since my experience with my past university is not that good. People tried to pull me down also, and believe me I tried dealing with them through beating them up also, but one  thing I learned after all this time—my punches won’t get me anywhere.”

Kris looked at Minsu.

“Show them you are smart, show them your mother just gave birth to a wonderful son. Show them that your mother is a very good one. If they will say something bad about her, try to keep your fist down and just shrugged—turn around and focus on making your mother proud. Because there is no mother who wants her child fighting.”

After that, she stood up and left a silent Kris on the corridor.

 

 

 

“—But one thing I learned after all this time—my punches won’t get me anywhere.”

Minzy waited;

And then that’s it, Secretary Park Bom’s laugh clouded the room.

“You are a liar!”

“Seriously, stop it—I don’t know what else to say. And mind you, I’m trying to change here also.” Minzy said.

“Alright, alright—but you do sound dramatic. Oh gosh, you don’t know how I wanted to barge in and laugh.”

Minzy was summoned in the secretary’s office and found out that the red haired girl heard her and Kris’ conversations last night.

“Ugh, stop it already unnie, now tell me why you called me.”

The secretary grabbed something from her desk and gave it to Minzy.

“Go to the orphanage and gave to their head, that is important so you better give it to them immediately. And here is your allowance.” Minzy looked at two envelopes on her hand. She nodded while saying a gentle ‘thank you’.

“Now off you go!” Secretary Park Bom said, the younger bowed and rushes outside the room to go to the orphanage.

On the hallway, she came across with Kris Wu.

“Where are you going midget?”

Minzy glared at the tall male; “At the orphanage.”

She saw how Kris’ face lit up, and she knows what comes next.

“You mind me tugging along?”

She smiled. “Sure why not, I’m sure Leila would love to see you again.”

The two walk in silence as they went out of the university, the decided they would also just walk towards the bus station since they don’t want to use a lot of money for the cab fare.

It took them almost half an hour of walking, but thanks to the cold weather they still felt fresh and no sweats—though Minzy felt like she just wanted to sit in one corner because her feet is killing her.

“You can go sit in the bench, maybe next time we should hail a cab.” Kris said, and minzy can’t help but to smile when she heard the words ‘next time’ she just knows that Kris Wu is enjoying going in the orphanage, and Minzy thought that maybe in that way she could give great help towards the other.

As she was about to sit on the bench since they still have 15 minutes to spare before the bus arrives she notices how Kris suddenly became rigid.

He stiffens and he is somewhat deep in thought while staring at someone. Minzy’s eyes followed where is he is looking and saw a tall man, maybe in his 50’s who is also seems to be waiting for the bus.

“Kris?” Her voice quivered a little, the scene is too familiar for her, like some dramatic drama from the TV the ahjumma from her old apartment is always watching.

She walked towards Kris.

“Hey… you alright? Hey….”

It seems like her voice is really loud since she is starting to get nervous, and from the corner of her eyes, she saw how the stranger looked at them.

More like looked at the certain male beside her.

“Father.” She heard Kris said under his breathe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Happy Holidays!