Ten

Pretender

Chapter 10

 

Minzy grinned at the amount of food Chaerin ordered for the two of them.  She vowed that she will go healthy, but the temptation is too much and having a feast for a day won’t hurt right? And it is not every day that she and Chaerin can have a girl’s day out.

“I didn’t have time to get you a gift, tell me what you want and I’ll try to buy it for you.” Minzy said.

“You know that I don’t need anything right? But if you insist, just get me something useful, a pen would do. You know how college life is, we all have those moments where we lost our pens.” The two laughed and Minzy can’t help but to nod her head.

The two savored every moment they have, they ate slowly because there is no need to rush. It is Sunday, and Minzy could just be staying on her ben and reading some comics but she also misses Chaerin. Her Dara-unnie, being the generous and loving unnie—gave her a ride to the mall where Chaerin is waiting.

After eating, they decided to roam around the mall and Chaerin said she needs to buy a new pair of pants. Minzy went with her and they just can’t stop talking about their life for the past few months. Minzy is very careful with her words, she felt bad because she keeps on saying lies after lies. But when her best friend asked her how she is enjoying her new university, she lets out a genuine smile and answered; “I am enjoying it, I met a few people…they’re kind.” It is not a lie.

It is the truth, despite all the hardships she is experiencing with her mission—she is enjoying it nonetheless.

The smile her friends will give her the moment she was able to help them makes everything worth it.

Minzy watched Chaerin strutted towards the fitting room with two pair of black pants on her hands. The younger decided to look for a new t-shirt while her friend is fitting.

Of course, she will buy a men’s shirt. Looking around the area, trying to see if ever Chaerin is back—she immediately looked for new t-shirts. She saw a grey and black one and it looks so comfortable so she decided to ask for a small size of it. It’s on sale so Minzy decided to buy it. But she still needs a polo shirt since she doesn’t have any semiformal men’s attire.

Thing is, she is not good with choosing stuffs like that. It is easy to look for a t-shirt because even though as a girl, she loves wearing boyfriend type of shirts, but polo or semiformal type of attire is way out of her league. The sales lady must have seen her distress so she decided to help Minzy.

“Is it for your boyfriend ma’am?” The saleslady asked.

Minzy gulped. “Ah, yes…yes.”

“Can I know what is his hair color or skin tone, also maybe what color of shirts he has?”

Minzy felt like slapping herself. She doesn’t know is she will use her ‘male’ appearance as her ‘imaginary boyfriend’.

That is just no.

She saw the polo’s neatly lined up on the rack, and one particular color caught her eyes.

Dark blue.

“I’ll take this, I know he will love this one.” MInzy said, reaching for piece of clothing.

But just like in any cheesy movies, befire she could even hold on to it, someone else did.

“What…” Minzy muttured.

And when she looked up, she felt like her world stopped. And nope, not because of any romantic reasons, but because of nervousness.

“Oh sorry, do you want this also?”

She stared at the eyes of the new comer for a split second before finding the courage to look away.

Kim Jongin.

 And as fast as she could, she turned around with her head bowed down and almost run away from the tan male and the saleslady.

 

 

 

“Uhm, Sir…do you want to take that one? You can fit it on the fitting room and we still have stocks left.” The saleslady smiled.

Jongin nodded, but his eyes are on the girl who is running away from him.

I think I saw her somewhere.

 

 

 

Chaerin frowned when she saw Minzy who is panting so hard and sweat of bullets kept on flowing from her forehead.

“Girl, did you run on a marathon or what?”

“Water. I just need water.” Was all Minzy said.

 

 

 

The two girls already decided to go back to their respective university’s since they are already tired. The cat-eyed girl is staring at her friend oddly since the latter is acting weird.

Minzy kept on looking around, she needs to be on the lookout because who knows where that Kim jongin will appear.

I am two hours away from the university, why of all the places Kim Jongin? Why.

“And of all the people why him…” Minzy unconsciously whispered.

“What?” Chaerin asked.

“Nothing.”

Chaerin shook her head. “I’ll go, that’s my ride.”

“Bye!” Minzy said while giving Chaerin a tight hug and a peck on the cheek.
“Text me when you can okay?” Minzy nodded.

As soon as Chaerin is gone, Minzy almost ran to the parking lot where her Dara-unnie is waiting.

She looked around and didn’t saw Dara’s car.

And when she heard footsteps behind her, she had the urge to look and saw the person she have been avoiding the past couple of hours.

She started walking away from the tan male (again).

“Hey!” She heard Jongin called.

Minzy gulped and increases her speed, she doesn’t know where she would go—she just know that Jongin is behind her and might be chasing her.

What does he want? Seriously...

She nearly tripped on her own foot. She held her stuffs near her chest and she can feel the chills running through spine.

Why is he coming towards me?

Does he recognize me?

Taemin and Seunghoon said that Jongin got a nice memory when it comes to his opponents.

I’m doomed.

I’M DOOMED!

Minzy is panicking, she can’t find Dara’s car, the taxi line is on the other side of the parking lot.

Screeched.

Minzy almost fell on the ground when a car abruptly stopped in front of her.

The car’s door opened and she caught Taemin looking at her with panic visible in his eyes. Minzy can still hear Jongin calling behind her—and as fast as her legs can be, she run towards the car and jumped on it sit. Taemin immediately stepped on the gas pedal—making sure that he won’t run unto anyone. From the side mirror, they saw Kim Jongin standing, watching them as the car sped away.

 

“Your welcome, I just saved your for the second time.” Taemin said with a playful smile.

Minsy snorted. “What are you even doing there?”

“Professor Park called me, apparently she was called to an emergency faculty meeting so she asked me if I could come and get you.”

Minzy hummed, suddenly she felt so tired that she just leaned on the leather seat—watching as lights blurred from the outside of the window.

He didn’t recognize me right?

 

 

 

 

It was a tiring day, Minzy held her books and she can feel her eyes will drop in the floor any minute. She barely got sleep from the past few days since its hell week a.k.a examination week.

“So, you are done for the day?” Seunghoon asked, her friend is also sporting the eye bags courtesy of sleepless nights.

“Yep, I guess I’ll just stay in the dorm. I’m not even hungry, what I need is sleep.” Minzy answered.

“Okay…so see you later, I guess.” Minzy nodded and waved back to Seunghoon who is running away from her already since the latter still have an exam.

She drags her feet, but all she wants to do is to lie down on the ground or maybe acquire some super powers like teleportation so that she won’t have to spend dreading seconds just to walk towards her room.

She rubbed her eyes and that’s when she heard some noise.

She looked at her right, where the staff room is located. Maybe because she is so sleepy—she doesn’t know what she is doing already. Without thinking, she reached for the doorknob and twists, she was welcomed by a sight of a tan male punching what seems to be a first year student.

Her eyes widen and she can feel that she is now fully awake.

“What are you doing? Stop!” Minzy doesn’t know where she got the courage to shout, she is tired and definitely not in a mood to fight.

She stared at the tan male, and that’s when everything clicked.

Song Mino.

She gulped, she remembered reading his information sheet. The guys has some anger issues, an average student but excels in Literature class—plus a black belter.

. Well, this will not end well.

“Who are you huh?” Song Mino asked, his deep voice resonated around room and Minzy gulped. She is a fighter yes, but she knows her limits. And she is not in a good condition as of the moment.

Mino stood up properly, letting the poor freshman student to scamper away from him. Minzy gestured for the younger to run outside the room.

“You know you can get in trouble with what you just did.” Minzy said.

“That student deserves it.” Was all Song Mino said before the leaving the room.

He passed through Minzy, bumping on her shoulder.

Minzy hissed while shaking her head.

And that’s when she realized that she might just start her next mission a little bit earlier.

Ugh, bye bye vacation.

 

 

Name: Song Mino

Program:Engineering

Parents:

     Mother: CEO of a  

     Father: Mayor

Birthdate: March 30, 1993

+Excels in Literature subject

+Has Anger Management issues.

+Participant to different underground rap battles

+Member of Arts Club

+Member of Taekwondo Club

 

Minzy stared at the file, she lets out a heavy sigh before combing her fingers on her short hair.

Taemin nudged her, sensing her distress.

“I am not even starting yet with this one but I can already feel that this could be the hardest so far.”

Eyyyy, don’t be like that.  Plus I am here to help you.” Taemin beamed and Minzy can’t help but to smile just by seeing her friend’s contagious one.

“So…since examination week is over, how about we go have some ice cream?”

Minzy snorted; “What are you? A kid.”

But she stood up and dragged a laughing Taemin with her towards the outside of the university grounds.

 

 

The two of them are laughing because of some videos they remembered watching last month.

“I want to watch Angry Birds the movie.” Taemin said and Minzy gave her most ‘judging’ look at the latter.

“What? The trailer looks fun and I’m just bored to the point I need to do something corny.”

“Whatever.” Minzy said, eyes looking straight ahead. The ice cream parlor were just walking distance from their university.

 

As soon as they arrived, they immediately ordered; Minzy got the classic Vanilla with fresh strawberries as toppings while Taemin has been craving for a salted caramel ice cream.

The sat near the window, for the sake of watching people pass by and possibly seeing something interesting.

“Excuse me, do you have any additional orders? By the way, our shop offers 50 % off to any flavors under the month special menu.”

Minzy looked up and realized that the staff looked familiar while Taemin is too busy checking out about the month special menu—which seems to be Mango Galore.

“Hey Minzy, maybe we could get the mango-caramel for seunghoon…looks it’s cheap!” Taemin exclaimed.

“Huh? Yeah, yeah sure…” Minzy trailed. “You look familiar.” She unconsciously said out.

The staff bowed down slightly before speaking. “I also work in the dance studio.”

“Oh! You are one of the helpers there right?” Taemin asked with a gentle smile.

The latter nodded politely. “I always saw the two of you together with Seunghoon hyung in the dance studio. My name is Nam Taehyun by the way.” Minzy stared in awed expression the moment he saw Nam Taeyun smile.

“Are you close with Seunghoon?”

“Yes, because he is a regular in the dance studio.”

“That’s great, well then, we should see you soon in the studio! It’s so nice to meet you Taehyun and we will get the mango-caramel and mango-tiramisu ice cream for takeout. A pint each.” Taemin said while patting Taehyun on his arm.

Taehyun smiled in return and bowed, listing the additional orders on his mini note book before taking his leave to set the orders.

Few minutes later, he returned to give the two their orders.

“I will go first, my shift ended just now.” Taehyun said and waved good-bye to Minzy and Taemin.

 

 

 

The two stayed in the ice cream parlor for another 20 minutes before they decided that it’s time to go back to the university.

They were walking, enjoying the cool breeze when they heard a commotion. Minzy squinted her eyes—trying to see clearly the person who is grabbing a fistful of hair from another guy, who seems to be a young man on the ground.

Voluntarily, the two of them jogged their way towards the two men.

Minzy gasped when she saw Nam Taehyun.

“TAEHYUN!” She shouted, Taemin tried to grab her to stop her from joining the two.

“Stay out of this little boy.” The older man said, he tugged Taehyun hair harsher making the younger cry.

“Sir, please…let go of him.” Minzy said, voice low as she is trying to calm down and stop herself from dragging the man away from Taehyun.

The old man spat on the ground, turning away from the whimpering Taehyun.

He started to walk towards Minzy and Taemin immediately went in front of his friend, shielding her to whatever the old man could do.

“I am his guardian, he is my nephew and I can do and say whatever I want to him afterall I am the one who took him, gave him clothes, shelter while his bastard parents are nowhere to be found.”

Minzy can’t believe what she just heard a while ago.

Her eyes averted to Taehyun who is sobbing now. The pale boy is clutching his chest, and Minzy went to kneel down beside him and tried to soothe him. Taemin and the man who claims to be Taehyun’s uncle is still in a heated staring contest.

“TAEHYUN!”

Minzy, Taemin and the uncle almost jumped the moment they heard the loud—deep voice. Nam Taehyun stopped sobbing and turned his head, searching for the one who shouted his name.

And there, Minzy saw Song Mino running towards them.

“Hey—” And then ‘OOF’

“MINZY!” Taemin screamed.

Minzy fell on the ground and Mino pounced on her, he raised his fist to punch the smaller but Taehyun lets out an outcry, stopping him for whatever he is about to do.

“Mino…Mino, don’t hurt him! He helped me!” Taehyun cried out, arms grasping Mino’s biceps.

Mino widens his eyes at Minzy before standing up, Taemin immediately went to his friend to help her. Taehyun is also assisting the limping Minzy.

“You.” Mino said, voice full of venom. His attention was now at Taehyun’s uncle. He strides towards the shaking man, and before the Minzy could even blink her eyes; Mino already threw a hard punch on the old man’s face.

Taehyun’s uncle screamed in pain, stumbling on the ground while his hands is all over his face—trying to protect himself if ever Mino attacks again.

“What did I tell you about going near at Taehyun?” Mino said more than asked.

“Shut up boy! I am just trying to fix my nephew! I am just giving him a lesson that he should stop being a !”

Minzy and Taemin was lost.

Mino snapped.

“Oh my god!” Minzy screamed when Mino attacked the older man, the tan male was now throwing numerous punches on Taehyun’s uncle.

Taemin went to grab Mino away from the man but ended up on the ground with his elbows scratched.

“MINO! MINO PLEASE.” Taehyun is now a crying mess, his knees gone weak and he is now, once again on the floor and crying.

Minzy looked at Taemin who is still bewildered about what happened.

“Mino, stop!….” Minzy asked…begged.

She went near to Mino who is still throwing punches at Taehyun’s uncle.

With all her might, even with her aching ankle…she grabbed Mino’s shirt and she was easily thrown away with just one shove of Mino’s elbows.

Her back collided with someone’s chest, a rather muscular chest.

“Ouch…”

She looked up and her eyes widened.

 “Jongin…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Thank you for the wait and don't forget to comment down below! Your comments will always be my vitamin and one of the few things that kept me going in writting fanfics. 

Especially w/ 2NEXO. A ship that barely sail/ed, but who cares? I'm still gonna ship it.

Shameless promotion of my Luhan X Bom fanfic, it is a one shot and hope you like it <3  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1107824/the-knight-jealousy-and-some-stalking-2ne1-exo-2nexo-lubom​

 

Thank you and love yahhh~