Special Chapter

Pretender

 

I tried. A fluffy domesticau kaiminzy. I tried.

 

 

 

Mother’s Day Special Chapter

 

Kim Jongin groaned when he felt someone tapping him lightly on his legs. He can’t bring himself to get up from the comfortable bed with fluffy blanket and soft pillows.

He can hear hush voices and he can’t help but to smile.

He is wide awake now, yes, and he wants to test if the intruders will continue to try to wake him up.

And then seconds later, he can feel the side of the bed dipped and hot breathe hits his left ear.

Appa…wayk uwp.” A tiny voice said in a very very low voice that it could be barely heard.

He doesn’t respond.

Appa…you said you will help us prepare something for our surprise!” A different voice said this time, it is a tad higher and Jongin can feel the annoyance but he just cooed inside his mind.

Surprise.

Ah yes!

Finally, Jongin opened his eyes and rubbed it—pretending that he just really woke up. He careful loosened his arms from the figure beside him.

He smiled just by looking at the person who is still fast asleep.

He looked at his other side and saw two kids who are still on their pajamas—one holding her towel and a bear while the other is his thumb, with his dog plushie clutched tightly under his armpit.

He smiled and placed his index finger on his lips, silently asking the jids not to make any unnecessary noise. The two toddlers nodded their head mimicked his gesture.

He leaned down to place a kiss on his wife’s cheek before hopping out of their bed.

Wife.

It’s been almost 7 years, and he is just thankful that their marriage is going stronger than ever.

He assisted his kids out of the master’s bedroom, towards their bathroom to fix first his lovely kids.

“Jongmin, come on and let me brush your teeth.” Jongin said, he lifted his son and let him stand on the mini chair placed in front of the mirror and sink.

He glanced at his other kid; “Nari, don’t play with the toothpaste.”

The little girl smiled sheepishly but obeyed his father.

After fixing his kids, they immediately went to fulfill their mission.

Jongin puts his blue apron. He carefully prepared the things he needed while the two kids are busy on the table, making their own masterpieces.

He glanced at the clock, it is just 6 am. It is Sunday, so his wife would usually wake up at 7 am.

He is trying to minimize the noise he could make while cooking his well-planned American breakfast; he doesn’t want for their surprise to fail.

“Appa, loowk!” His little boy exclaimed holding out his colorful card with nothing but shapes written on it.

Jongin smiled and reached out to ruffle the soft hair of his son; “You mommy would love that.”

After half an hour, they managed to finish everything on their checklist. Jongin already cooked breakfast, the kids are already done with their cards, and Jongin already wrapped his gift to his beautiful wife.

They were walking silently, wincing every time Jongmin would make a noise by dropping his color pens on the floor—the little boy refused to keep it.

Walking on the hallway towards the master’s bedroom—the beige wall are now filled with photo frames. Dozens are from their wedding and honeymoon and then their children’s pictures filled the rest of the spots on the wall.

Jongin smiled. But one particular photo will always give him the rush of nostalgia.

It is a picture taken from his early college days, together with his friends. It was taken during their summer trip—in a beach.

He stifled a laugh; he paused for a while in front of the picture and stared at it. The two kids looked at their father, almost tumbling down because they had to lift their heads because their papa is so tall.

Jongmin and Nari frowned when they saw their dad smiled. They tried to look at whatever their dad is looking but only caught a glimpse of the photo for it is so high for the two kids.

Jongin snapped out of his reminiscing and motioned his to kids to enter the bedroom already.

 The made a creaking sound and Jongin can see the figure under the blanket moved but he knows that his wife is still sleeping.

“Go, wake up your mom…just be gentle and no jumping on the bed okay?” Jongin whispered.

Then the two proceeds on the bed, lying beside their mother.

“Mommy, wake up!”

“Momma, waykkk uwwwppp!”

Jongin placed the tray of food on the table beside the bed.

“Hmmm…” He heard his wife hummed underneath the thick blankets. He lets out a chuckle and went to open the curtains.

Jongmin kissed his mom on her cheeks that made the older open her eyes. She was welcomed by the sight of her two angels smiling and shoving what seems to be a card on her face.

“HAPPY MOTHER DAYS!” Nari bellowed with a bright smile.

“Hawppy Mowthe-therth day momma.” Jongmin said in his gentle tone, the mother smiled at his son for he is still struggling with his speech but the little boy still tried to greet her.

Jongin went to lie with his family on the bed. “Happy mother’s day my love.” He greeted with a peck on his wife’s lips.

“Thank you.”

“We prepared you a breakfast on bed, American style.” Jongin smirked.

His wife laughed.

“And the kids prepared you cards.” As soon as Jongin said that, the two children gave the cards to their mom and the latter read it (more like tried to figured out what was written on it).

“I love it, thank you my babies.”

She hugged her son and daughter.

After cuddling for few more minutes, the kids went out of the room to watch their favorite cartoon.

“I have a reservation in some nice restaurant and I want to take you out for a shopping.” Jongin said.

“You know that you don’t need to right?”

“I want to and today is a special day. Kris volunteered to babysit Jongmin and Nari—that guy needs some distraction because he is missing his dearest girlfriend.”

“Okay…okay, since you insist.” A pause. “And oh, wow Taemin already sent me message of his greetings and it is still too early!”

“He can be on time or early if he wants to.” Jongin said/

“Can you believe it? My name is still Minsu on his contacts. I kept on telling him to change it to my real name.”

“What’s wrong with the name Minsu? I love it, that like—the start.”

“Jongin…”

“Okay okay….I’ll tell him to change it to Kim Minzy.” Jongin smiled, he leaned down to plant soft kisses on his wife’s neck.

“He won’t listen to you.”

“I know.” Jong huffed.

“Okay…I should better go to the kids and prepare their stuffs, and call Kris…tell him we will go there in a couple of hours.”

Jongin nodded and watched his wife walk around the room to pick a dress for their date.

 

 

 

“I love you.” He said, Minzy stopped digging her closet and glanced back at her handsome and loving husband.

“I love you too.” She replied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*For any errors, forgive me. Thank you for reading! Hapyy Mother's Day*