Two

Pretender

Chapter Two

 

Minzy stared at her notes, her messy hand writings make her head ache.

“Ugh, I hate math!” She shouted her voice echoes through her room. She threw herself on the bed and let out an ‘oof’ when her head hit her phone.

She gaped at her pastel blue ceiling, she is happy—in a way that she now have a decent place to stay, food to eat and can continue study. But her mission is stressing the life out of her.

She crawl towards the table beside her bed and took a piece of paper and a pencil. After thinking for a few minutes she smiled and wrote down names.

            1.Kim Jongin

Minzy winced whenever she will remember her unpleasant encounter with the tan male. She decided that Jongin is one of those students whom she needed to investigate and maybe offer some help regarding their personality issues.

            2. Oh Sehun

The girl remembers how the tall, poker face boy would glare at everyone. He surely has some issues. Her first encounter with the male is quite embarrassing and terrifying.

Minzy is walking silently in the hallway, she is struggling as she still felt pain on her ankle; but her main goal is to attend class and not be late, and of course, she want to arrive in the room without bumping into the one and only Kim Jongin.

“This , why am I so lucky.” She told herself.

And a thud.

The poor girl let out a hissed as she fell on the floor, but then she tried to hold in the tears and gathers all her strength to stand up but she failed and fell again.

But then, she saw a pair of sneakers infront of her, and when she looked up she was greeted by a handsome man with rainbow hair. She frowned.

And she let out a gasp as the man helped her.

“T-thank you.” She said, voice deep again, but once again the boy didn’t speak instead he leaned down and get the scattered books on the floor.

Minzy was stunned, and without thinking she leaned also and tried to help the boy on gathering her own books. And just like what she expected, luck will be forever against her.

As she leaned down, her forehead collides with the boy’s.
“Ouch!” They both hissed. Minzy once again fell, but this time the boy managed to catch her resulting for both of them tumbling on the ground with Minzy above the rainbow haired student.

And as if everything is not in chaos, Taemin suddenly appeared out of nowhere screaming Minsu’s name.

Taemin helped the two.

“Oh, Hi Sehun….” Taemin greeted the guy, Minzy looked at both of them.

“Hey.” The other replied in his still stoic face.

“Well, I gues you already met my friend here—Sehun meet Minsu, Minsu smile at our dear Sehun.” The boy chirped. Minzy managed to smile and offered her hands towards the boy, but the latter ignored it.

Taemin let out an awkward laugh before soothing his flustered friend.

“He is like that, I’m sorry.” Taemin whispered, Minzy nodded.

“Nice meeting you Sehun, and I am sorry for being a trouble. Thank you for helping me by the way.” Minzy said.

Sehun let out a scoff before shoving the two out of his way. His stopped at his tracks few feet away from Taemin and Minzy just to say; “Taemin, nice catch.”

Taemin choked on his own saliva while Minzy felt like falling again.

 

“Ughhhhhhh” Minzy groaned, she scratch her nape before looking down on her notes again.

            3. Park Chanyeol.

Now, Minzy felt like backing out. The boy is surely some trouble. No wait, not ‘some’ but BIG trouble. She still remembers how the tall boy managed to bully the professors and her other classmates. Chanyeol loves prank, sure it is funny if you are a bystander—but when you are the one to experience it… Minzy gulped.

It is one normal day for Minzy, she is now getting used on living and pretending as a boy. She never expects any special to happen today, she ran her way towards her first class. And as soon as she stepped on the door’s frame, she wondered why everyone is looking or more like staring and anticipating on something, and within a couple of seconds she heard ‘creak’ above her head, and the next thing she knows—she was soaked with some sticky liquid.

“Bullseye!” Screamed Chanyeol while laughing like a maniac.

Minzy glared at her tall classmate before averting her eyes above her, she saw a pale.

“Enjoy your paint plus glue bath Minsu!” Says Chanyeol, and he past right beside her while smirking.

“I should have knocked him out of his senses.” Minzy hissed under her breathe. She ripped Chanyeol’s name into pieced but wrote another one after wards.

Minzy watched as her prof in World Literature came in, his reading glass dangling on his nose. He is a good guy for her opinion, kind enough to give considerations always.

“Okay, now we will discuss the first stage of The Divine Comedy, which is the ‘Inferno’. I assume you all have already read about it since I gave that as an assignment last meeting?”The prof asked his student. The whole class let out a loud groan. Minzy shook his head while gazing on her notes. She just loves the subject, she hates math but she loves reading a lot.

“And from what I can see, none of you loves the story hmmm?”

“You’re right! We hate it!”A deep voice shouted. All the attention now is on the certain male named Park Chanyeol.

“I don’t want that tone of yours Mr. Park.” The older said.

“I don’t want you face Mr. Nerdy.”

The class gasped.

“Let’s talk outside Mr. Park. I believe you owe me some trip in detention”

Chanyeol nod and walked towards the front, and as both of them were about to go outside the room; the tall male slyly extended his foot towards the way of the Professor.

And within a second, the class watched as their dear prof’s faced meets the floor.

“I think he is one hard nut to destroy.”

            4. Huang Zitao

Minzy felt cold air passed right through her. Zitao, her classmate in a lot of class is freaking the hell out of her. The guy with cute eye bags is so scary to her liking. The male is always sitting away from the crowd, and he is mysterious like hell. She would also notice bruises every day on the boy’s skin. And she is really concerned or curious just who is this Zitao.

But one obvious thing is he is lonely.

Minzy is happy that she survived math class. It is their first meeting but their prof is heartless and she gave them a quiz already. As she enters the new room, where her Social Studies will take place, she noticed a tall-black haired man sitting on the farthest part of the room. The man also wears a hoodie. And all Minzy could think is weird.

“Boo.” Minzy felt like dying, she glared at Taemin who always enjoys to shock her.

Both of them sat on the second row, near the window. Taemin tilted his head towards his classmates as he saw Minsu looking or more like staring at Zitao.

“That’s Huang Zitao, our school’s best martial artist.” He said with a smile.

“So, he is famous?”

“Nah, he liked to keep himself out of the crowd. Don’t know what his problem is though.” Taemin answered, and he turned his attention on his manga.

Minzy nodded.

“If you will talk about me, be sure to keep your voice low, or I will snap you necks.” A cold voice said.

Minzy and Taemin straightened the position, both of them gulped.

And slowly, they turned their head upwards and saw Zitao hovering over them. Eyes slitting through their soul.

“S-sorry, we…we didn’t mean to.” Minzy managed to voice out. Taemin nodded while tapping Minzy’s shoulders.

Zitao hummed and walked away.

“I didn’t even saw him leave his sit a while ago.”

“I am terrified. How am I supposed to do this job, ohhhhh dear.” The girl trashed around her bed. She stopped after a few minutes when she saw her phone lit up.

Come meet me in my office. Minzy frowned when she saw the message from Secretary Park Bom.

 

 

Minzy looked down at the elegant hand writing in front of her.

“Those are the list of students that you need to observe.” Park Bom said with a smile. Her hands are on her hips, and Minzy can tell that she is a diva in disguise.

“But, I have my own list.” Minzy answered, and it came in a whisper.

“Well, you do your list, but this one… they are all VIP’s. Remember the thing that I told you that the parents pay us just to observe what is wrong with their children?”

Minzy nodded.

“Well then, read those names, and tomorrow I’ll give to you their backgrounds.”

The younger took the notes carefully. Her eyes scanned the names and she saw some same names from her own notes earlier.

            1. Park Chanyeol

            2. Oh Sehun

            3. Song Mino

            4. Do Kyungsoo

            5. Kim Jongdae

            6. Kim Minseok

            7.Lee Seunghoon

“Okay, that’s a lot.” Minzy voiced out, Bom nodded and patted the younger’s shoulder.

“Take your time, and don’t worry I am here to help you.” Bom smiled.

Minzy let out a heavy sigh and tucked the paper on her pocket.

“I was wondering, that Kim Jongin—he is a trouble maker, why he isn’t he part of the list?”

Bom was silent for a while. She is just smilling, and Minzy can’t helped but to feel weird about it.

“Kim Jongin is another thing.” Was all Bom said.

Okay.

 

 

 

Kim Jongin is another thing.

Those words keeps on repeating inside Minzy’s mind. The girl is almost going crazy, she wanted to ask why Bom said that but obviously the secretary won’t say a word about it anymore.

“Better yet wait or maybe I should find it out myself.” Minzy nodded to herself.

The hallway is quiet, given that almost everyone is on their class already. And the senior are going to a retreat, Minzy felt like they are free. She walked quietly, it is her vacant and she decided to read and study for a while in the library while waiting for Taemin. Yes, they have gotten close and as if she has any choice; Taemin is the only person who wanted to be his friend. He does not want to be alone, especially after all she experienced with the school’s bully squad.

She is humming one of her favorite Jessi J song when she heard low voices on the room she was about to pass by.

And she is a curious cat as always, she tip toed towards the door of the room and managed to take a peek of who is inside the room.

“I don’t care. I don’t care on what my parents will do to me. I can take care of myself already. I am not a child anymore!” A deep voice shrieked.

Minzy’s eyes widens as soon as she saw the man who spoke. Park Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol, don’t do this. You are making it harder for both of us. All I am saying is, go back to your parents, finish your studies and after that, you can do everything.”

Minzy covered her own mouth as she saw her female prof talking to Park Chanyeol.

Her angel like prof—Ms. Park. Just what the hell is happening.

“Marry me then.” She heard Chanyeol said to Ms. Park.

WHAT?!

“Chanyeol, I thought we talked about this before?” Ms. Park said, her voice is now urgent. The female prof looked around the room, as if someone will walk in on them.

“I will do what you told me, I will finish my studies, I will go back to my parents but marry me after all of that.” Minzy can tell that her classmate—Chanyeol is serious. His deep voice is one octave lower than usual, and she is scared of what will happen if the male will found out that she is listening. At the same time, she can’t help but to feel giddy since it’s one of her darkest secrets that she loves romantic and star-crossed lovers.

Okay, so this seems like some love story of an older woman falling in love with a boy.

Minzy sat on the floor silently, her mind wonders off about Chanyeol. She came on a conclusion that Chanyeol’s love interest towards Ms. Park is one of the reasons why he is acting like that, such a spoiled brat.

Minzy shook her head. It doesn’t make sencse.

“Focus Minzy, think.” She said to herself.

“Focus what?” A high pitched voice asked.

Minzy’s eyes became wide like saucers and she saw a familiar sneakers; as soon as she looked up, she saw her dear trouble friend Taemin looking at her.

She pulled Taemin downwards and covered his mouth. Taemin blabs nonsense while struggling against her hand. She took a peek on the door and saw Chanyeol and Ms. Park looking at them.

We are doomed.

In a speed of light, Minzy dragged Taemin out of the place and she barely caught an image of Chanyeol running after them.

“What the hell was that?” Taemin shouted to his friend as soon as Minsu’s hand left his mouth.

“Ughhh, you almost got us on death row!” Minzy groaned, they are now hiding in a cubicle. They can hear some heavy foot steps outside and none of them breathe for a while.

“Is he gone now?” Taemin whispered.

Minzy nodded, but she still keeps her guard when she opened the door of the cubicle.

The two went outside the comfort room, they walked with their head low towards the cafeteria, Taemin does not know what is happening but he thought that maybe he should also keep low since he saw Chanyeol running after them.

He shivers.

Minzy and Taemin sat on the farthest part of the cafeteria, both have a sandwich and smoothie on their front.

“Okay, so spit it out.” Taemin said.

Minzy frowned at him.

“There’s nothing to be said, just heard him talking. That’s all.” Minzy answered back, but she is not looking at Taemin in the eyes.

“I’m pretty sure I saw Ms. Park. Is he still pursuing her?” Taemin asked.

Minzy was caught off guard.

“Wait, what?”

Taemin nodded, and took a bite on his sandwich.

“From what I can see in Chanyeol, he has a crush on Ms. Parl. But then, who wouldn’t? She looks so young and kind and everything—total dream girl.” Taemin said.

“I don’t think what Chanyeol has on Ms. Park is just a ‘crush’.” Minzy said, and from the corner of her eyes she saw Park Chanyeol walking towards them.

“I guess whatever you heard back a while ago, you better keep it huh? Good thing everyone here is so dense that they didn’t notice Chanyeol’s special treatment with Ms. Park.”

Minzy stared at the person in front of her. She now understands that Taemin is not just like any other guy. She sure as hell that he can see beyond things. And with that, she needed to be careful around him

“You mean, our classmates do not know the thing between Ms. Park and Chanyeol?” She asked.

“nah, don’t think so. I only know that stuff since—never mind. He is just obvious.” Taemin said, and he drop off the subject after that.

“Minsu, can we talk?” A deep voice asked.

Minzy gulped and looked at Chanyeol straight in the eye.

Nice, can I kiss my peaceful life good bye?

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note.

Keep the comments coming~

your comments are actually my vitamins, and do you mind giving me 2 votes? hehe.

anyways, LONG LIVE KAIMINZY!  thank you everyone! thank you thank you~