Six

Pretender

Chapter  Six

 

Silence.

And Minzy feels like throwing herself out of the car because the atmosphere between her and Kris is killing her. They are now driving towards the orphanage, and all Minzy can think is ‘this plan should work’. She is dying to end all of this already. The issue between Kris and his father is the life out of her. At the same time, if staring or glancing could kill, Minzy should be buried 6feet under the ground already.

“You have the picture right? Give that to me once we are in the orphanage already.” Kris said with a frightening tone and Minzy manage to let out thumbs up.

She glanced down on her bagpack, she gulped as she can imagine the glorious photo placed neatly in an envelope. If there is one thing in the world that she could treasure the most, that could be the photo. For everything will be decided with the help of that thing.

Kris pulled on the small space of parking lot in front of the orphanage, Minzy immediately went outside of the car and breathe in heavily.

While walking towards inside, she can see that Kris is indeed happy whenever they will go in the orphanage. She smiled at the thought of the cold but sometimes (no, always) dumb Kris is such a er for kids.

“Leila!” Minzy called out as she saw a running little girl towards them.

She raised a brow when she seems to be just a thin air out of the girl’s view because the little one has her eyes only for Kris who gladly catch her and swing her mid-air. She then just smiled and walked inside the play room, she felt her breath hitched when she spots Mr. Wu inside playing with a little boy whom she recognized as Timmy.

She bowed as soon as the old man saw her.

“He is outside, so uhm… I’ll just call him in and hopefully this plan will work.”

Mr Wu nodded. “Thank you Minsu, Thank you.”

Minzy wanted to scream ‘don’t thank me yet, this might still end badly oh dear!’

And before she can turn around and call Kris she heard a scoff.

“What are you doing here?” Kris’ voice is deeper now and Minzy knows that this could be her last day, she gulped before sharing a look with Kris’ father.

“You really won’t stop won’t you?” Kris said, Minzy doesn’t know if it meant for her or for the old man who seems to cut his tongue.

Hyung! Is he your father?” The tension was not felt by the kids, and the little boy named Timmy who is clinging to Mr. Wu asked.

“No.” Was his answer. Minzy frowned and for the moment, she felt punching the taller—not even minding if there is a presence of children.

“But he is tall also! And he said he is your appa! He even gave us foods!”

“Oppa is lucky to have a father.” Leila suddenly said, she is holding Kris’ hand.

Silence, the blonde man doesn’t know what to say. He just wanted to run outside or smack the life out of Minsu for dragging him in this mess again.

“Son…”

Kris felt like throwing up.

“You want to talk? Sure, let’s talk outside.” He said coldly.

He bent down on Leila’s level and smiled to her.

“Oppa will talk to the man first before we go color your new coloring book okay?” He said while patting the little girl’s head.

Leila nodded, showing her eye smile. Minzy went beside the two and she took Leila’s hand with hers before leading her to the sofa to play with the stuff toys.

Kris gestured the old man to walk outside of the playroom. The little boy named Timmy beamed towards Mr. Wu before running towards Leila and Minzy to play with them.

 

It is a quiet walk for Kris and his father, they went in the parking lot, outside the orphanage and the blonde boy made sure that no one is around.

“What do you want, I thought I made it clear that I don’t want any relations to you anymore… I mean, you made it clear the moment you left us.” Kris said, bitterness is all over his voice.

Mr. Wu looked down and clenched his fist as he tries not to cry.

“I know that there is right amount of words and apologies that can heal the wounds I caused to you and to your mother. I am just asking for a second chance, and by that… I mean, let me be your father again, I am not asking you to let me be with you guys again. What I am asking you is, let me do things that a father should do.”

“We don’t need anything.” Kris replied.

“I…. I know… but…”

“Stop it okay? We are now fine, mom is doing well without you, I am doing well without you.” Kris started to walk away from the old man but the latter stopped him by grabbing his elbow.

“Son…”

“Please, just… stop.” Kris whispered, his voice is now shaking and Mr. Wu frowned when he realized that his son is already crying. That made him loses his grip.

“With what you did, you taught me a lesson that I will be fine without a father.”

With those words, Mr. Wu was left speechless… he let out a choked sob while watching his son walking towards inside the orphanage.

 

 

“Oppa seems like he is upset because of something.” Leila said, still playing with her mini kitchen toys.

“He looks mad, his nose is flaring!” Timmy added with a laugh.

Minzy shook her head then glanced over the door. She has been praying that everything is fine with Mr. Wu and Kris. She gulped, suddenly she felt weird feeling in her stomach.

I’m really nervous I feel like I wanna throw up ugh.

“Hyung, you look funny.” Timmy said.

“I’m fine, I’m fine.” She said with a smile that didn’t reach in her eyes.

“Kris-oppa is really lucky, he have a father!” Leila said with a giggle.

“Yep! Uncle even played with me and he said he will visit here and treat me ice cream!”

Minzy doesn’t know what to say.

“Wish we also have fathers” Leila said, she placed down all her toys and went beside Minzy before cuddling with the older. Minzy’s heart clench, somehow… she can relate to the kids.

“Oppa, you think we will have a father someday?”

Minzy stared at the innocent wide eyes of the little girl, Timy is also looking at her—waiting for her answer.

She wanted to curse for she doesn’t really know what to answer. She doesn’t know how to approach the topic nicely. She is torn between answer ‘of course’ to ‘maybe’. One wrong word can cause heartbreak for the sweet kids.

“Is oppa/hyung not enough?” She joked, trying to avert the topic and sad atmosphere around.

“Oppa is more than enough but we need a Father!” Leila said with a smile as if she is imagining what she would look like with a father, same with Timmy.

“Uhmm... well then, how about every night go pray then every day you do something good. Be respectful and listen well to the teachers? In that way, we can wait for your future fathers okay? And make them proud?” Minzy smiled and patted the head of the tow kids.

“OKAY!” Both of them answered.

And the three continued to chat with each other, and the room was once again filled with innocent laughter from the children.

And on the other side of the door, a certain blonde male is wiping his tears.

 

 

It’s been a month since Minzy have talked and seen Kris. She is worried sick but she learnt from Secretary Park Bom that the tall male is have a modeling activities outside the country.

“I failed.” She concluded while munching on her egg sandwich.

“Don’t say that you’ve done your best.” Ms. Park said while rubbing Minzy’s back.

“But, I can’t help Kris and now he is mad at me.”

“He’ll come around, plus he is busy so…”

“I should apologize to him once he is back.”

Ms. Park nodded, for she knows nothing can calm the younger down as of the moment but to talk to Kris Wu and settle everything,

“Have you studied for your exams already?” the professor asked.

Minzy’s eyes widens like a saucer. She stoops up abruptly and threw her hand up in the air.

“When is the exam week again?” She asked.

“Uhmm… starting tomorrow.

A scream.

“I AM SO DEAD.”

“No you’re not, I know this will happen so I kinda enrolled you to this tutorial lesson. Hope you don’t mind… this is a great help from all the things you’ve missed.”

Minzy sat down and stared at the papers Ms. Park presented to her. Her subjects are all listed there and her tutorial lesson schedules.

“That is with Mr. Lee, he is kind so don’t worry.”

“Thank you unnie…..” Minzy said, she is almost crying. She doesn’t know what to do since she is not doing well when it comes to her attendance.

“Go to his office later okay? He knows that you will see him.” Minzy nodded and put all the papers inside her bag.

She stood up and bowed to Ms. Park before heading to her class. She smiled at herself as she tried to gather some positive thoughts, nothing is going well with all her missions as of the moment. But she knows that she should not give up.

She is walking silently on the hallway, casually avoiding all the students who is playing and pushing each other. But when she was about to turn on the intersection of the hallway, someone who is running bumped on her and she fell on the ground.

“Sorry!” The boy said, she didn’t have the chance to look who it is since when she looked up she saw him running away.

“Minsu! Hey, you alright?” Taemin went beside his friend and helped the latter to rise from the ground.

“Ugh… who the hell is it?” She grunted, trying to ease the burning feeling on her bum.

“Looks like it is Lee Seunghoon, he is always running late on his class that’s why he is running like a mad man. Are you hurt? Do you need to go to the clinic?” Taemin asked out of concern.

Minzy shook her head before walking again towards her classroom, Taemin is following her behind.

“Here’s my class, see you later!” he said cheerfully while Minzy just waved back.

 

Sitting on the vacant seat on the room, Minzy prepared her notes. She really does need to catch up with her lessons. She also set an alarm on her phone regarding what time she should go to Mr. Lee’s office, better remind herself since her brain has the ability to forgot important things.

The professor came and they started talking about stuffs about pollution.

 

After an hour, Minzy found herself sitting in the leather sofa on Mr. Lee’s office. She looked around and so some toys scattered on the room, fish plushies are also placed on the sofa. And on the coffee table she saw a picture of a little girl.

“So, Minsu… Ms. Park told me you need some tutorial lessons.” Minzy was pulled out from her dazed as she heard the older spoke.

“Yes Sir, I am having problems with some subjects especially mathematics and English.” She said with an awkward smile.

Mr. Lee nodded at her. “Okay, I expect you to be here every 4:30 pm. The lesson will only last for an hour. And you will be studying with someone, you will meet him later.”

Minzy bowed and let out a small ‘Thank You’ towards the other. She wonders who might be her companion on this tutorial lesson. She is thankful since she is feeling awkward being alone in a lesson, so having another student with her is a blessing.

“Mathematics will be during Monday and Friday while English will be on Tuesday and Thursday.”

Minz took down notes about her schedule, she then heard the door creaked open and light footsteps emerged on the room. That must be the other student. She thought.

“Sir, sorry I’m late, soccer practice.”

Wait.

For Minzy, the voice is too familiar.

And she is not happy about it.

Slowly, she raised her head and turned around.

Nice. Nice. Nice.

Inside her mind, she is slowly reciting incoherent words as her eyes traveled on the newcomer.

“It’s good, I won’t be teaching you today since I have to go attend my daughter’s activity in school. So I’ll just have to give you modules. And oh by the way, have you met Minsu? Minsu, meet your companion for your tutorial class—Jongin.”

“Hey Minsu.” Jongin said with a smirk, and Minzy wants nothing but to punch him on the face.

 

 

She is on the verge of backing out from the tutorial lessons.

Of all the people why Kim Jongin.

“Hello?”

Why him, ugh….

“Minsu…”

What did I do! I am trying to repent all my wrong doings, wait… don’t tell me that Kim Jongin is my karma.

“Minzy…”

I am so lucky ughhhhhhh

“GONG MINZYYYYY!”

Minzy’s eyes widen and she looked around her and saw Ms. Park and Secretary Bom looking at her.

“What is wrong with you?”

Minzy cleared before shifting on her seat.

“Nothing… just, nothing don’t mind me unnie.”

The two older females nodded awkwardly. Ms. Park laughed because she can’t help but to think what is going on with the student. She looked at the front mirror and saw Minzy still looking as if she is really thinking something deep. She held the steering wheel tightly before inhaling.

“So, how’s the talk with Mr. Lee.” She said, eyes not leaving on the road.

Minzy stiffened. “Well, we settled in our scheds.”

“Are you alone or you having another student with you?”

Minzy felt like thrashing around. “I met him. Kim Jongin.”

“Oh.” Ms. Park and Secretary Bom said at the same time. It is not a secret to them that Minzy is really uncomfortable around Kim Jongin for some reason.  They still remember whenever the younger would rant about how Jong is such a bully and so lazy.

“But you will still go for the tutorial right? You know you need it.” The red haired secretary said, grabbing the pack cheese curls from Minzy’s lap.

“Yeah, like I have a choice. And I’m in that tutorial to learn not to be annoyed by him.”

The other two smiled.

“Anyways, where are we going? I still have to review for my history class.” Minzy said, gazing out on the car’s windows to see if she knows the way they are heading to.

“You told us the dance competition is getting near right? So, how’s your practice?”

“It’s good, I’m finished with my routine already, I am just polishing it… I lack with fluids though.”

Secretary Bom patted Minzy’s shoulder.

“Well, you have attire already?” Ms. Park asked.

“Uhmm.. I still have my old sweats and t-shirt from my last audition so…”

Bom shook her head. “Nope, we will be getting you new attire. You need to look good on that contest. And we will be watching, you won’t stop us right?”

Minzy doesn’t know what to say.
“We are going to the mall, choose something cool and swaggy there.” Secretary Bom said while acting as if she is a rapper—with her hands doing some weird gestures. Minzy chuckled.

“But… I didn’t have my money with me now.”

“Don’t worry about it, the President gave me budget for this. You do know he is asking you great favors about his students that’s why he is ready to support you at everything so don’t say you don’t want to accept his help. Just do your best in this competition.”

Minzy smiled, she is beyond happy.

“Thank you soo much, and tell that to President also. I don’t know how to repay all his kindness.” Minzy said.

Bom and  Dara smiled.

 

 

It took them almost three hours on finding an attire that is suitable on the theme of Minzy’s dance. All of them had fun, and for Minzy—it felt like she is back on being a girl and a normal teenager.

They ended up buying an oversized t-shirt from Adidas and a flexible pants that could make it easier for her to dance. To add up, Secretary Park Bom bought her a brand new shoes that she almost cry in begging that it is not needed anymore since her current shoes is still on a good state. While Ms. Park gave her a snapback.

It is still early so they all decided to eat in a spaghetti house and chat with each other. They talk about Minzy’s accomplishments with Chanyeol and the two older females tried to cheer Minzy up when the topic about Kris Wu was opened. Secretary Bom also informed the student that one of these days, the tall blonde male will be coming back from Milan (where the modeling activity took place.)

“Mrs. Wu called me and she said I should not feel bad about what happened. But it can’t be helped, I felt like I just made things worse.” Minzy huffed down and played on her spag.

“Everything will be alright, now—don’t focus that much on negative things! You have some lessons to catch up and a dance contest to get ready to.” Ms. Park smiled.

“By the way, so… where will this contest take place?”

“Oh? In New Generation club…” She replied.

“We can go there together, Dara will be driving is again there! Saves us from hours of taking the bus!” The secretary said and Minzy found herself nodding. She realized that she can’t do anything alone, and with the presence of the two ladies everything will be better. And she knows that if they meet Chaerin, they will all click with each other.

“Are you both done already? We better head back in the university.” The tiny professor said, the other two nodded and gathered their stuffs before heading outside the restaurant towards the parking lot.

Minzy rubbed her tummy and yawned, she is tired and full so she is feeling sleepy already.

“Go take a nap, we will wake you up when we are in the university already.”

Minzy smiled before fastening her seatbelt and leaning on the seat and let the darkness envelopes her.

 

 

Minzy groaned, she is dead tired and she doesn’t know if she can still review. Walking woobly towards her room, her hands gripped the shopping bags—she squeezed her eyes shut as she saw a tall figure leaning on the wall just beside her room’s door.

She thought she is just imagining things, but it is indeed her classmate.

The reason why she can’t think straight through the past weeks.

Kris Wu.

 

 

An awkward cough.

Shifting.

Rustle.

There is no words exchanged between them, and Minzy is dying inside already.

“Sorry!” Minzy suddenty shouted, her eyes closed since she knows any minute now Kris will be hitting her.

“You will be forgiven, just give me the pictures.”

Minzy looked at her side where Kris is sitting, the taller is drinking a juice while looking ahead. They are now in the school’s quadrangle.

The picture. Oh yes, I almost forgot about that.

“Give it to me now.” The blonde male said firmly, he lifted his palm towards the smaller who seem to be trying to find the picture on her bag.

“Don’t tell me you lost it.”

Minzy let out a strangled laughter before scratching her nape. The truth is, she forgot where she put the picture. She is on the verge of digging a hole in the ground just to make sure the picture is safe, but now she doesn’t know where she placed it. Epic Minzy, just epic

“I’m gonna kill you I swear.” Kris threatened her.

“I will look for it on my room!” Minzy said.

Silence and Minzy watched as Kris shook his head. He looks like an angry bird now, she stifled a laugh.

“Is that it, I better head back to my dorm now… and I’m really sorry about all the things Kris, I never meant to interfere… all I want is to help and I am sorry for making things worst.” Minzy bowed and started to walk away from Kris when she heard him call her name.

“Minsu, wait….”

Minzy stopped on her tracks and turn back again to the blonde male.

“I…I just, actually…I realized I’ve been acting too hard to my father. I talked to him before I left to Paris. I told him I forgive him already, but…but I just need more time to accept him back on our lives. But all is good now. I realized that hating him won’t do any good to me at all. And after what I heard from Leila, about me being a lucky person because I have a father, it just—struck me.  Maybe I should not take him for granted. For now, I and my mom are on the stage of trying to cope up again with him.” Kris said with a sincere smile.

Minzy felt like crying, she wanted to jump around and scream. It turns out that, everything is going well. She is happy that Kris is finally accepting his father again and that they are talking nicely to each once again.

“That’s… I am soooo happy for you man!” Minzy said while patting Kris’ shoulder.

“Thank you, for all the efforts…But I’m still trying okay? And now that everything is going well… you can stop exhausting yourself from my problems. Why are you so worked up about my family?”

Minzy doesn’t know what to answer. She knew that the day will come, they will ask her why she is doing everything to fix all their problems. What she didn’t think is what to answer.

“Well…just because. I am kind that’s all.” She simply said and she felt a relief wash through her when Kris nodded, he seems to be buying it.

“We just talked calmly and I told him that he can contact me and my mom already. But I still can’t let him be with my mother again. We are going to give him a chance to prove that he can be my father again. It will take time for me to accept him and be with us again, but at least we will now be in contact.”

Minzy smiled. “That’s good, have Mrs. Wu know about this?”

Kris nodded. “Yes, she and father already talked and of course she also asked for time.”

Both of the students smiled at each other, and it seems like the night is lighter and they can sleep well already. Especially Minzy.

 

 

“At last I can sleep soundly already.” Minzy said to herself as she put her journal back inside her cabinet. She smiled at the thought that everything is going better with Kris and his father.

The girl yawned and slowly crawl to her neatly done bed, looking at the clock which says it is already 11 pm, she frowned because she only have seven hours of sleep. But nevertheless, at least one name is now crossed out of her list. It’s been a long day. It’s been a long tough task to help her classmate. And now that she knows her friend Kris was freed from hatred—she is hoping in her sleep, there would be nothing but good dreams.

She reached towards her lampshade and with a smile, she turned it off.

 

 

 

“Faster will ya’?!” Minzy hissed at Kim Jongin who is still not finish finding the books they needed on their tutorial lessons.

“Go ahead without me, and don’t use that tone to me.” The other spat back.

“I would love to go back already but remember what Mr. Lee said? He clearly gave us the instructions that we should work together.”

“Huh… don’t sound like you are so unlucky to have me as your partner!”

“I am not, okay? I am just annoyed because you are so slow.”

“Seriously?
“Yes!”

“QUIET!” the two bickering student stopped suddenly when the librarian went to them.

“We are sorry ma’am” Minzy said with a bow, the librarian just nodded and raised her brow before turning her back against the two noisy student.

“Found it!” Jongin chirped.

Minzy let out a sigh and they both went out of the library with their heads hanging low as they pass by the librarian’s table.

Walking back to Mr. Lee’s office, Jongin and Minzy is throwing hate glances against each other.

The tan male is teasing the smaller, and all Minzy could do is to roll her eyes. She can’t help also but to widen her eyes towards the other as Jongin will try to throw min pranks to their schoolmates while walking. The taller would snatch someone’s stuffs and threw it somewhere. He would also get the yogurt drink of one of the quiet shy boy in the school whom Minzy recognizes as Jinwoo.

Indeed Kim Jongin is such a pain in the .

They both study in silence as Mr. Lee gives some pointers to them. Jongin is lazily nodding his head, and it is clear that he is not even listening but just doing things the professor is saying.

Well at least he has the decency to attend this tutorial class.

While Minzy is trying her best to cope up with all the lessons, she felt her phone vibrated. She took a peek and saw her friend Chaerin calling her.

She was about to turn her phone off and is preparing herself to explain later to Chaerin why she is not responding to her call when Mr. Lee gave them fifteen minutes break which Jongin really likes.

She immediately went outside the office and answered Chaerin.

“Girl, so… you complete the routine already?” Chaerin asked without even greeting her.

“Uhmm, yes… and I also have attire already. Everything is set.”

“Good! So I’ll see you in two days?” She can hear how excited her friend is from the other line.

“Yeap, I can’t wait.” Minzy answered with full honesty.

“Okay. So, you know the address already and I’ll just meet you in front of the club okay? I have the entrance slip”

“Can you, uhm… like, get me another two passes?” Minzy bite her teeth, she almost forgot about the two professors who wanted to come with her.

“Sure, sure…why? You bringing a friend?”

“Yes, and they are awesome so don’t worry.”

“I know. I trust your taste.” Chaerin chuckled.

They bid each other goodbye with promise to meet in two days. And Minzy felt a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

Obviously, I’m gonna lie a lot to Chaerin. Like a lot.

“Who you talking to huh? Girlfriend?” a voice behind her asked, she almost jumped.

“Not your business.” She answered.

And she went back inside the room, leaving a laughing Kim Jongin behind.

Crazy. He is crazy.

 

 

“Are you sure this is almost the same with my old hair? Like the style I mean…” Minzy asked consciously as she eyes the wig that the red haired secretary is giving to her.

“I am 100% sure, I even compared it to your old pictures so everything is good so don’t worry.”

“Where am I gonna get change?”

“We’ll pass by a restaurant; we can go stop there since it is too risky if you get ready here in the university.” Ms. Park said.

“Let’s go, we don’t want to be late right?”

Minzy and Dara smiled while shaking their heads.

They went in the parking lot, trying to avoid any eyes from the student since they don’t want to attract some questions regarding one student—Minsu, will be riding a car with two professors.

Thank goodness it is class time so no one is around and they successfully managed to get in the car and drove towards the restaurant.

Minzy received a text from Taemin.

Hey, I won’t be able to attend class today. Family affairs. Can you tell the prof? And gimme notes!

Minzy smiled and replied;

I also have some affairs to attend to sorry :>

And within a minute she received a reply.

Awww, that . Anyways we can go together tomorrow to inform the profs why we are MIA today.Okay, gotta go… here comes family! Bye Minsu! Xoxo

Minzy laughed. ‘xoxo’? Is he even a boy?

“Here we are, come on.” Ms. Park said as she set her car perfectly on the parking lot.

The three ladies walked inside the restaurant.

“The comfort room is that way, go change Bommie and I will just order café and bread for us to eat on the way.”

Minzy nodded while she walked quickly towards the bathroom, and making sure no one is around and inside the comfort room for girls, she sneakily went inside.

Little did she know, two pair of familiar eyes is watching her.

 

 

 

Taemin wanted to call out his friend. He is quit shocked when he saw Minsu together with Secretary Park Bom and Ms. Park. She was about to approach them when he saw Minsu went towards where the comfort room is, to his surprise his dear friend didn’t went inside the men’s  bathroom.

Instead in a Girl’s bathroom.

He quickly went to the nearest table located in the hallway towards the comfort room. He grabbed the menu book and covered his face with it. He is actually in the restaurant since it is his father’s birthday.

And after ten minutes, a beautiful young woman went out of the comfort room.

Taemin’s eyes widens.

It can’t be.

 

 

“Quickly! Wow it suits you… Minzy.” He overheard Ms. Park said.

Minzy?

“Thank you.”

.

Taemin felt like dying. His friend’s voice, it is not that far from Minsu’s but, it is more feminine.

JUST WHAT THE?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note.

Thank you so much for all your comments and votes~ Keep it coming!!! And I want to apologize for any errors in grammar (I'm still trying to learn how to be fluent tho T_T)

And guys, if you are thirsty for some hot KaiMinzy Fanfics go check out cf779q story -> Kai+Minzy Drabble[s] {M} !!!!! YOU WILL NEVER REGRET!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAREST TALENTED, AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL MAKNAE MINZY!