Chapter 9: Weary Emotions

My Single Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 9 Weary Emotions

 

There will always be pros and cons, antis and supporters and advantages and disadvantages. These kinds of opposing opinions always cause conflicts and fights within the society. Without proper understanding and communication, people tend to assume things which they created from their complicated minds and believe what they want to believe in, whether it’s right or wrong. Because people doubt another, hatred and misunderstanding arise and it causes relationship between people to collapse. What can cure such thing?

 

“No.” Tiffany sighed and rolled to her left then another sigh and rolls back to her original position.

 

Holding the unsigned contract while she’s lying down straight on her bed, the timid woman hasn’t made a move since her last negotiation with Yuri. She’s been stressing over it, and hasn’t gone to work since that day. Ignoring Jessica’s million calls and her ringing loud phone, Tiffany remains locked on her room with disturbed and blocked mind.

 

“Jessie will surely kill me if I go to work after all these days I haven’t showed up. I’m so dumb! I should have talked to Yuri and rejected this offer that day. Why am I even holding onto this? What the hell am I doing?” Tiffany whined by herself and rolls all over her bed.

 

Meanwhile, the hot-boiled president keeps on pacing back and forth around her office as keeps on checking on her phone and dials the same number all over again. Yoona who has been secretly visiting her office can detect Jessica’s obvious heavy breathing but never pointed it out to her. She remains seated on the couch while watching the fidgety president with a magazine that she’s reading pretentiously.

 

“That woman…” Jessica growled.

 

“Woman?” Yoona questioned.

 

“It’s Tiff! My personal assistant!” Jessica roared out of the blue.

 

“Ah, Tiffany Hwang? I heard her name from your appointment secretary. She’s your personal assistant but how come I haven’t seen her around unnie?”

 

“That’s the problem! She hasn’t showed up since she suddenly shouted at my face. I keep on calling her but she’s not picking it up. Is she expecting me, a busy person to pick her up at home like a baby?” Jessica bent out her anger.

 

Yoona continues on asking, “Why did you fight anyway unnie?”

 

“Well…” Jessica hesitates for a while as she remembered it’s connected to Yoona.

 

“It’s about me, isn’t it?” Yoona suspiciously grinned at Jessica’s still figure and gradually looked away from her eyes.

 

“She’s mad at me for being with you instead of working. For some reason, this office feels so empty without her loud voice.” Jessica said as her voice suddenly went low at her statement.

 

“Unnie, you miss her.” Yoona stated but not questioned.

 

“Do I?”

 

“You wouldn’t look for her if you don’t. Just like Yuri-unnie, we wouldn’t be looking for her if we don’t miss and care for her, right? Why don’t you just fetch her unnie? Maybe she’s actually waiting for you to baby her.” Yoona said and smiled at Jessica’s defeated face.

 

“Okay fine!” Jessica admitted defeat. “I’ll go fetch that damn loud woman then. Wait for me here, I’ll be back right away.” Jessica then concluded.

 

Just when Jessica decided to personally fetch her personal assistant, Luna approached in rushing while holding papers under her hand and her opened laptop on her left arm. She blocked Jessica’s way out of the office and pushed her all the way back to her seat.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jessica eyed her nervous secretary who is panting deep.

 

“Unnie…” Luna huffed. “We have problems, huge problems…”

 

“What?” Jessica asked and started to get nervous more than Luna.

 

Luna carefully positioned the laptop on top of Jessica’s table and placed some documents at the side of it and said, “Unnie, here’s one.” She presented photos that made Jessica’s eyes go wide from a total shock with her eyebrows jerked at the same time. Yoona who saw Jessica’s expression immediately got up from her place to see what’s on the laptop that made Jessica wear such expression on her face, only to find out stalker photos of Tiffany and Yuri together at a café.

 

“Wait. That’s Yuri-unnie.” Yoona pointed out.

 

“And that’s Tiffany-unnie with her.” Luna anxiously said. “Sica-unnie, someone sent it to your e-mail wherein you let me have an access to it. Clearly, that’s Tiffany-unnie with Yuri-unnie. Basing from Tiffany-unnie’s outfit, I think it’s the same day when you had a fight with her.”

 

“What’s the meaning of this? Why are they together? Why didn’t I know anything about this? Is this why Tiff has been absenting herself from work?” Jessica questioned continuously as her head started to quake due to mixture of emotions dashing to her.

 

“Not only that unnie. I guess this one is a bigger problem.” Luna then showed the set of documents and informs, “Some of our top-notched employees filed their resignation letters at the HR department and left their offices a while ago. Each department in the main office is now in chaos over this incident. We should do something now, unnie.”

 

“What’s going on? Since when did this thing started to happen?” Jessica hardly uttered her words and totally froze at her seat. Her mind wholly gone panic over the consecutive bad news she just received, a heavy blow both on her mind and on her heart.

 

“Me too unnie. I didn’t know anything. This might be an inside job. Should I ask our people to investigate about this? I’ll investigate about Tiffany-unnie’s case too. These incidents might be connected somehow.” Luna offered an immediate plan in concern over the blanked president.

 

Jessica weakly nodded her head as a cue to let Luna go on with her plan. Feeling as if the world suddenly exploded in front of her eyes, she roared loud and messed up all the papers on her table as they scatter all over the floor. Then she stood up from her seat, roars another but louder and this time she strongly threw the laptop away from her, hitting the floor as it breaks into pieces.

 

“Unnie…” Yoona could only stand at the side as she got speechless from all the revelation that just happened.

 

“Yoona. Please leave me alone.” Jessica pleaded with her unsteady voice, both from anger and pain. She kept her head down, not wanting anyone to see how bad her expression is at the moment.

 

As soon as Yoona left the office and closed the door behind her, she heard Jessica’s cry of pain echoing all over her office. Yoona also felt her heart ached from hearing the person she loves crying and getting depressed over something as she’s never seen Jessica like this before.

 

“Luna…” Yoona saw the panicked secretary going back and forth inside the office and stopped her halfway. “Can you tell me more about Tiffany Hwang?” She then seriously requested.

 

“Why unnie?”

 

“I’ve never seen Sica-unnie like this before. If it’s only about regular employees leaving her, she won’t act like this; instead she’ll stay calm and make a way out of it or solve it professionally. Now, I’m witnessing a side of her that I’ve never seen since we’ve met. I think her actions have something to do with Tiffany Hwang.” Yoona shared her thoughts and opinions with Luna.

 

“I think so too because Tiffany-unnie made a big impact to her. Do you think Yuri-unnie is connected with the employees who suddenly filed their resignations?”

 

“I don’t know. For now, I want to know more of Tiffany-unnie. I’m so frustrated that I can’t do anything to help Sica-unnie this time.” Yoona bent out her anger on the walls as she recklessly kicked it strong before walking away.

 

The time goes on ticking but Jessica hasn’t moved an inch from her seat and let her office be in total mess. Even Luna doesn’t have the nerve to walk close to her and just look at her from a distance. No one dares to answer the unending phone rings on the president’s table. Ignoring the world full of problems, she grabbed the phone and again smashed it against the wall then made her last roar.   

 

“Calm down! Stop it unnie.” Luna gathers all her courage and makes an approach to the ranging Jessica. She bent down and gently pulls Jessica up on her feet again from the ground.

 

“I’m going out.” Jessica said in a low tone as she made a silent exit with her head lowered down and her hair covering her face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter