Chapter 3: Stand By You

My Single Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 3  Stand By You

 

Does the society in the modern age still believe in destiny of love, like what they used to read on children’s story book back in the days, or on the romantic love story movies? Nicholas Sparks said, “There are winds of destiny that blow when we least expect them. Sometimes they gust with the fury of a hurricane, sometimes they barely fan one’s cheek. But the winds cannot be denied, bringing as they often do a future that is impossible to ignore.” Any second ahead of us is not guaranteed, maybe sooner or later the person they’ve expected the least to be a part of their lives suddenly appears in front of their eyes. Lucky enough, the second ahead of them is the start of a big twist of fate.

 

“Tiff! Hurry! Wake up! You have to go to work!”

 

The jobless woman slowly opened her eyes and found herself laid straight on her messy bed. She feels dizzy after suddenly fainting on a situation she didn’t expect to be in. She wants to believe that she’s just dreaming and her father is rapidly shaking her to wake up on her bedside. Later, a light slap on her face came, which totally shook her fuzzy mind. 

 

“It’s not a dream…” Tiffany jolted up on her bed and stared at her father who seems to be in a panic, “Dad, what happened?”

 

“It’s Jessica!” Her father said frantically. “You fainted when she was here moments ago! You idiot! How can you faint in front of her?” He then scolded his clueless daughter.

 

“Well, it’s my first time to meet her in person. She radiated like a sun and bloomed like a rose. It’s my first time to meet a person like her, face to face.” Tiffany shyly said and blushed as she reminisce her embarrassing moment.

 

“You should have explained to me that you’ve been actually working with her!” Her father still keeps on scolding his daughter and grabs her most formal available outfit of his daughter from the bag.

 

“Uhmm dad… like I said, it’s my first time to meet and see her in person. Are you even listening to me?” Tiffany argued back and halted her father from fixing her working clothes.

 

“Stop with your nonsense Tiff! She said you’re her personal assistant! She came here because you didn’t go to work and came to check on you yet you fainted! She said she’ll go ahead and she’ll meet you at her office once you’re ready. So you better move fast or else she’ll fire you!”

 

“HUH? That’s what she said?” Tiffany got more clueless when he nodded at her.

 

Tiffany wears her white collared inner shirt, black A-line skirt and her black coat in a rush and runs away from her father before their dispute gets more complicated. Her jumbled mind and heart however still made its way to meet Jessica, the person she never expected to get collided with.

 

“But where?” Tiffany belatedly grasped that she just stopped in front of a high class hotel and rich people keep on coming in and out of the main entrance and expensive cars are temporarily stopping while some foreign guests are being escorted inside the hotel’s lobby.

 

“Excuse me. You must be Tiffany-unnie?”

 

Tiffany looked beside her and found this girl wearing laced blouse and white fitted slacks. For her she looks like she’s way too formal, but in the world of rich people it’s a mere casual wear. “Y-yeah.”

 

“The president has been expecting you at her office. By the way, I’m Sunyoung but I call myself Luna, the president’s appointment secretary and executive assistant. Shall we get going while I give you a tour inside the hotel?” She formally introduced herself and Tiffany couldn’t utter a response but a fast nod.

 

“I honestly don’t have an idea why the great Jessica Jung suddenly came to me and asked for me to be here. I’m so confused. I don’t know what’s happening and this isn’t a prank, right?” Tiffany uncomfortably asks while they’re slowly walking passed by the executive people around her.

 

“The president insisted that she’ll fetch you by herself. It’s not a prank. You’ll be working with her for real soon. I think you should ask by yourself once you’ll have a proper talk with her.” Luna clarified with formality on her voice. “The president’s office and the vice-president’s office are both located at the top most floor of this hotel, the 50th floor. This is the location of the first branch of their hotel and Jessica-unnie decided that the main office should be here also. The other department’s offices are located at a separate building but somehow connected with a catwalk behind this hotel. You don’t have to be hesitant and nervous around the president and the vice-president unnie. They’re both nice and fun to work with. You’ll get used to it.” Luna explained to lessen Tiffany’s uneasiness.

 

Tiffany on the other hand couldn’t utter a single word. Her usual loud and bubbly side was totally blown away by the circumstances. Even riding on the elevator going directly to the 50th floor makes her nervous and nauseous at the same time. As the elevator’s door opened, Tiffany’s trembling legs marched out of it and ended up seeing only two main offices despite of how extensive the floor is. The hallway is covered with dark red carpet approximately 3 meters wide, the walls are painted white with posters of Jessica promoting their businesses and magazine covers.

 

“This is the president’s office. I’m sure the vice-president is also expecting you inside.”

 

They stood up in front of a huge wooden door and Tiffany’s nervousness is almost choking her at the moment. When Luna turned the door knob and opened the door for her, the air conditioner’s wind made her more uneasy that she wants to faint again.

 

“It seems like they’re getting along with Yuri-unnie.” Luna cackled and decided to enter first before the immovable Tiffany.

 

She heard series of laughter from inside the office and they sounded so familiar. She took a deep breath and finally steps in. There she saw her friends Sunny and Sooyoung laughing and having fun with Yuri like they have known each other for a long time. Tiffany just remained standing in her position dumbfounded and knowing nothing about anything.

 

“You must be Tiffany.” Yuri finally noticed her presence. “I’m Yuri, the vice-president.”

 

“Fany-ah! You’re late! Finally, we’re having a job!” Sooyoung playfully hugged her friend.

 

“I heard you fainted.” Sunny teased with a poke on T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter