Chapter 10: Because I Love You

My Single Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 10 Because I Love You

 

People tend to realize something important only when they are about to lose it. When it’s gone, they will regret and carry this burden for a long time. Some denies the importance of something for the reason that they are afraid everything they worked hard for will all go to waste and everything will change. Some are afraid to take the risk of telling the truth, and some are courageous enough to step forward and cherish the result, whether it may be good or bad. But is it the same for a confession of love? Saying I love you, saying I miss you and saying I need you, when will people in love take the risk of saying these three words yet powerful one?

 

“Fany-unnie! Where’s my sister? How is she?” The younger Jung rushed to the hospital on a late rainy night and found the guilty Tiffany shaking terribly in front of the operating room.

 

“Soojung…” Tiffany failed to continue her words as her teary eyes are fixed on her trembling hands covered with Jessica’s blood.

 

“What exactly happened unnie? C’mon tell me!” Soojung ranged out and forced the traumatized woman to voice out by rapidly shaking her by the shoulders.

 

“Hey Soojung! Stop it!” Taeyeon who arrived later stopped Soojung from forcing her best friend.

 

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry…” Tiffany insanely repeated her words then breaks down on the cold tiled floor.

 

“It’s not your fault Fany.” Taeyeon wraps her arms around her devastated best friend who never stops shaking from head to toe.

 

“It is… It’s my fault!” Tiffany howled. Then she recollects the things that Yuri told her, “Is it my fault that you didn’t tell her anything in the first place? I didn’t tell you not to tell her anything, right? Why are you blaming it to me? It’s your fault that you didn’t step out and told her about my plans. It’s you Tiffany; it’s you who hurt her and not me! It’s not my fault that you’re too weak and too dumb to speak up! You’re good with words, right? Why did you keep your silence?”

 

Tiffany is in a state of mental breakdown as couple of bad memories flashed into her chaotic mind and never wanted to come back at all. A memory of her mother dying in front of her eyes and a memory of her father who couldn’t do anything to save her and lastly the memory of Jessica losing her breath one by one and she couldn’t do anything but to watch her. Because of these memories flashing back to her, she screamed her lungs out and echoes all over the hospital floor.

 

“Hang in there Fany! Jessica will be fine…” Taeyeon couldn’t handle Tiffany’s situation so she called a nurse for assistance but she shoved everyone away from her and insisted on staying in front of the operating room where Jessica is being held.

 

“I also want to blame you unnie…” Soojung looks down on her without doing anything to help her up to her feet. “…but I know my sister will say you’re not at fault when she wakes up.” Soojung walks away from them and quietly passes by Yoona who came rushing to the scene together with Luna.

 

“Isn’t that Yoona?”

 

“The model? What is she doing here? The nurses who are on standby on their station started gossiping at Yoona’s unexpected arrival that didn’t bother wearing any disguise and simply rushed to the scene with her bare face.

 

“We’ll talk with the management about this. Please keep it confidential.” Luna politely bowed down her head to the people who witnessed Yoona’s attendance.

 

Yoona saw the best friends at a side and her eyes dropped at Tiffany who sits like a lost child on the floor with Taeyeon trying to pull her up to a proper place to wait.

 

“That’s Tiffany-unnie.” Luna whispered to Yoona for it is the first time she’ll meet her in person.

 

Without further talks, Yoona dashed to Tiffany and roughly pulled her up and pinned her by the walls while tightly gripping on her collar, “I don’t care if you’re my unnie. You’re a traitor! How dare you betray Sica-unnie with your selfish thoughts? I hate you!”

 

Both Taeyeon and Luna pulled Yoona away from the defenseless Tiffany. This time, more nurses came to hold onto Tiffany as she couldn’t stop shaking with her eyes opened wide. Every time the image of Jessica covered with blood appears on her mind, she would scream like an insane woman who lost the world before her. Because of her unusual behavior, they didn’t have a choice but to inject something to Tiffany that made her drowsy and fell into deep sleep.

 

“Please take care of her.” Taeyeon requested the nurses as they took her best friend away and put her into another room where she can sleep and calm down.

 

“Don’t worry. She’ll be fine by the time she wakes up. She’s just in shock from happened to Ms. Jessica Jung.” The nurse said.

 

The silence between the three who left waiting in front of the operating room is deafening as none of them bother to talk. Even Taeyeon feels mad towards her best friend who never told her anything about the situation. She feels betrayed at some point but decided to let it slide for Tiffany who badly needs someone to support and understand her.

 

“What exactly happened?” Taeyeon finally speaks out to break the heavy sound of silence.

 

“Tiffany-unnie was offered by Yuri-unnie to transfer to her side. She also knew something about the series of resignations of employees at the main office but she didn’t tell Sica-unnie anything about it. Yuri took an advantage to their closeness and used Tiffany-unnie’s weakness to ruin everything.” Luna briefly summarized the whole for Taeyeon.

 

“Fany didn’t tell me anything either. Why did she keep it to herself?” Taeyeon sighed in disappointment.

 

Yoona wanted to speak up her opinion but in the end, she makes her way out of the floor to have a time alone at the hospital’s rooftop with all the white bed sheets hanging. Looking at the top of view of the city from her position, all possible reasons why Tiffany kept it from everyone are rumbling on her mind.

 

“Love, huh?”

 

“So you think she loves Sica-unnie?”

 

Yoona was surprised from Soojung’s voice that suddenly came behind her. “I didn’t know you’re there.”

 

Soojung walks closer to her until she reaches the empty spot beside her and said, “So, why do you think she kept if from Sica-unnie? Honestly, I’ve been thinking about it too unnie and I can only come up with one answer but I don’t know if I’m thinking it right.”

 

“There are times people lie because they want to protect something important.” Yoona started. “Lie is still a lie, no matter how big or small it is. But if a person started to lie to someone they treasure, most of the times it’s because they love them. They don’t want to ruin whatever they have or whatever they earned for their relationship and so they tend to hide things and let it slide. However, if things didn’t go as they wanted it to be, the other will misunderstand everything and it will destroy everything, including the trust which is the most important thing in love. If there’s no trust, there’s no love.” She then explained to the young one who is ignorant about romantic love.

 

“Just like Tiffany-unnie and my sister. I don’t know Tiffany-unnie’s reasons are for keeping such important thing though.” Soojung sighed.

 

“She loves Sica-unnie and that’s pretty obvious. Why would a mere personal assistant get jealous of me being with Sica-unnie and get insecure over me getting all over Sica-unnie? Isn’t it because she has fallen in love for her president? If she’s only a personal assistant with business in mind, she wouldn’t mind what Sica-unnie’s doing in her private life.” Yoona giggled.

 

“Sorry unnie. I don’t really know the concept of love so I don’t understand it at all. But Yuri-unnie played it well, I guess. Why is it so complicated?” Soojung heaved another sigh.

 

“Of course Yuri-unnie knows the game of love too well because I was the one who thought her how to. I’m blaming Tiffany-unnie for this mess but deep inside I know it’s me who’s at fault. I created an evil Yuri-unnie.” Yoona said.

 

“What will you do unnie? We don’t even know where Yuri-unnie is.”

 

“I might not know where she lives right now but I do know a place where she often visits at times like these.” Yoona smiled and assured the younger Jung with a thumb up.

 

While the media are feasting outside the hospital trying to get a coverage and an update for Jessica’s condition, Tiffany found herself on a small room and later realized it’s already morning and the sun is still hiding behind the thick clouds forming another round of heavy rain. She clears her blurred vision and scattered thoughts then slowly sits up on her bed.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

Tiffany looks to her right and found her friends Sooyoung and Sunny gazing at her in concern. “What happened? Why am I here?” She asked, still not in her normal state.

 

“Taeyeon said you went wild last night.” Sunny said.

 

“You suffered from nervous breakdown. Thank God the doctor said it’s only temporary because of what happened with Jessica. You just need some more rest.” Sooyoung said and forced Tiffany to lie down on the bed again.

 

Tiffany holds onto her head as she tries to remember and gather the whole thing that happened last night. The memories flashed into her mind and her shut eyes opened wide at once and jolted up from her bed as she completely recalled every single thing, from the bad to the worst.

 

“JESSIE!” Tiffany raged out of her hospital room with her bare feet and ran all the way to the nurses’ station. “Where’s Jessie? Where?” She frantically asked.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter