Chapter 11: Unheard Voices

My Single Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 11 Unheard Voices

 

When someone choses to remain mute for their emotions and true feelings, they will forever remain unheard. There are a lot of things in mind that leaves everyone confuse. It’s because they are afraid of voicing it out to everyone. Unspoken words start confusion in someone’s heart and this confusion may lead into worst, like saying words half-heartedly and making decisions based on it, even if they are profession or not. When will people start not to be scared of voicing out their opinions?

 

The weather has been brightening up since the day Jessica fell into deep sleep caused by a fortuitous event. Three days since then, Jessica hasn’t opened her eyes yet and was pronounced comatose. And three days since then, the once happy-go-lucky Tiffany has never seen smiling with her unbeatable eye smile and her once loud mouth was shut closed by the incident happened. Spending almost twenty-four hours beside Jessica’s immovable state, Tiffany refuses to move an inch away from her.

 

“Excuse me; you’re past the visiting hours. You can come back tomorrow again.” The nurse tried to tell Tiffany but refused to move on her seat.

 

“What if she wakes up without me beside her? I want to be the first person she’ll see once those eyes will open up.” Tiffany said and insisted on staying on her position.

 

Soojung stepped inside the room and let the nurse who couldn’t do anything to move aside. “Unnie, you have to go back home. You’re always like this. Look at you now, you look like a creep. You don’t sleep a lot, you always skip meals just to be here. You should worry about yourself too.”

 

“I don’t have time to worry about myself.” Tiffany weakly replied.

 

“You’re not the only person who’s worried about her!” Soojung suddenly angered that made the nurse jump off in surprise from her loud voice. “I think you’ve forgotten unnie, I’m her sister and I am as worried as you! There are a lot out there who can’t fall asleep at night because of what happened to her. You’re not the only person here who’s worried. Of course all of us do, but we always think of what’s the best for Sica-unnie while she’s powerless!”

 

“Then what should I do Soojung?”

 

“Huh? You’re asking a younger one for an advice?” Soojung raised an eyebrow over Tiffany’s immaturity. “If you really know my sister, what do you think she’ll be doing right now? A powerful and professional Jessica Jung, what could she be doing right now?”

 

“Fixing the business problems.” Tiffany answered short.

 

“And her personal assistant who can do as much her is here, crying and doing nothing.” Soojung said.

 

“I should go and help with the project.” Tiffany concluded and suddenly jolted up on her seat.

 

“You can’t do that with your weak state. You can start tomorrow unnie. For now, you should go back home and take a rest. Besides, no one can think properly if they are sleepy and hungry at the same time, it will only bring out the worst results. So, take a break unnie.” Soojung advised and Tiffany only nodded in response.

 

On that night, Tiffany went into deep sound sleep the moment she let her tired body fell onto her bed at home. Also on that night, the unresponsive Jessica started dreaming. On a field of flowers with different variety, there she woke up wearing a white laced dress. The sky is pure blue with no sign of clouds at all and there’s no one else but her. With her bare feet, she started walking around going nowhere.

 

“Where am I? Am I dreaming?” Jessica asked herself.

 

“Hey!”

 

Jessica heard this husky voice behind her and turned around to meet this voice, only to find out that it’s a woman also wearing a white laced dress with her wide smile formed on her lips. They are approximately five meters away from each other, enough for Jessica to perfectly view her fully. However, though her body and her smile can be seen, her nose up to her head is a total blur like there’s a thick fog covering her face’s features.

 

“Who are you?” Jessica asked at the unfamiliar woman.

 

“Aren’t you familiar with this smile?” The woman asked.

 

“Well yeah.” Jessica admitted. “I know that smile too well but it’s the smile I don’t want to see anymore. But there’s no way you are her.”

 

“Of course, she got that eye smile from me.” The woman chuckled and again showed her smile.

 

“Don’t tell me…” Jessica moved a little closer to the woman and predicted, “By any chance, are you… Tiff’s mom?” She continued hesitant.

 

“Bingo!” The woman clapped her hands, almost the same on how Tiffany usually does it.

 

“T-then, that means…” Jessica nervously looked around her and felt the overly peaceful environment.

 

“It’s peaceful, isn’t it? No one’s bothering you unlike in the real world, you’re bothered every single step you make.”

 

“I’m in heaven?! Are you kidding me?! Then I’m dead?! I’m freaking dead?!” Jessica has gone panic over the situation and stumbled upon her feet causing her to trip down the bed of flowers.  

 

“It’s either you’re dead or still fighting for your life. Don’t get so nervous. You still have a chance. Your future depends on the things you’ll decide in this place. This place is your last chance.”

 

“Shut up! This is just a dream! Why would I be talking to Tiff’s mom all of a sudden?” Jessica straightened up herself.

 

“You see, the heaven is still up there.” She said and pointed up the clear blue sky. “It’s still far from here.” Then pointed down on, “And the real world is down there, also from here. So basically, we’re in the middle of life and death.”

 

“Sorry but… you’re dead so why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be in heaven then?” Jessica asked cautiously. Too calm so that she wouldn’t be misunderstood by the older woman.

 

“Tiffany called me.” The mother said that made Jessica furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. “She’s crying for straight days now. I heard her crying and called out my name for help so I’m here. I saw from above that she’s crying over someone named Jessica who’s in coma. So I thought coming down here would make me meet that woman named Jessica. That’s you, isn’t it?”

 

“Y-yeah. I’m Jessica.” Jessica awkwardly said.

 

“Aish! Did you know that every time she enters your hospital room, the first word she says is ‘I’m so sorry Jessie’? Whatever my daughter has done to you, why don’t you just forgive her?” The mother pleaded.

 

“Like mother, like daughter. They are both stubborn.” Jessica hissed and mouthed. “Why should I forgive her? She did something terrible. I trusted your daughter that much and yet she betrayed me. I shouldn’t have given her a lot. It’s easy for you to say that because she’s your daughter.” She then complained.

 

“What if she wakes up without me beside her? I want to be the first person she’ll see once those eyes will open up.”

 

They both heard a voice echoed over the sky. Jessica got startled from it and promptly formed a fighting pose because of the creepy echoing voice but the mother stayed calm. The echoes covered the sky as another voice started talking to the other one.

 

“Did you hear that? That’s Tiffany talking to someone right now down in the real world.” The mother smiled and walked around the field, circling with her hands fidgeting.

 

“Now that you mention it, the other voice sounds like Soojung. Are they arguing? Why are they fighting?” Jessica realized and put down her pose.

 

The voices stopped for a while, then the last thing that Jessica heard was a faint “I love you” coming from Tiffany’s voice. Jessica furiously blushed from what she heard and felt air tickling her right ear.

 

“She probably whispered it to your right ear.” The mother laughed. “Now I know why my daughter is so depressed and crying so hard to the point her voice reached out to me in heaven. My daughter is in love, eh?” She then nodded at Jessica as she stared at her with a huge satisfied smirk on her lips.

 

“N-n-no way! That’s not Tiff! This is just a dream! Nothing else! So everything I’m hearing right now and feeling right now are not true! What’s with this dream? Can I just wake up from this? It’s creeping me out!” Jessica denied though she, herself knows that the voice is obviously Tiffany’s.

 

“As a mother, I have to understand Tiffany. I can understand her pain and her mistakes.” The mother started to get calm and her body is starting to fade away slowly. “Please do hear her out. Letting her explain her side won’t harm you. Just let her, please?”

 

“I don’t know if I can still forgive her.” Jessica said and looked everywhere but not the woman who stood in front of her.

 

“Still, thank you. So before I go, I have a question for you. Just answer it honestly. No one will judge you here so you can answer with all your heart. Don’t hold back, okay?”

 

“W-what is it? Just say it already so that I can escape from this!” Jessica raised her tone in annoyance.

 

“Who is Tiffany to you?” The question came short but enough to make Jessica’s mind go blank in just a snap of a finger.

 

Jessica wanted to answer simply “My personal assistant!” but she didn’t say it for she knows there are unspoken words somewhere in her heart that she couldn’t utter confidently just yet.

 

“You can t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter