Chapter 13: Falling Harder

My Single Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 13 Falling Harder

 

When can a person say it totally fell out of love? It’s when one is prepared to accept all the flaws, mistakes, happiness, sarcasms and errors yet they still want them. It’s when one’s happiness is also their happiness, and their miseries affect them. Where can a person fall in love? Basically, falling in love happens anywhere. Love doesn’t choose a place to strike a person, it can happen anywhere. What can a person who has fallen out love do? It’s simple, just embrace that feeling and let the world around them feel it. Accept everything, and fall in love hard.

 

“Good afternoon. I’ll be your physical therapist, I’m Hyoyeon.” The therapist introduced herself to Jessica.

 

Jessica scans the woman standing in front of her sitting position as she looks at her from head to toe, judging her appearance, “Are you really a therapist?”

 

“Ah y-yeah.” Hyoyeon was taken aback with her cold remarks. “As what the doctor said, you’ll have to come back here in the hospital every day for your therapy. For today, you have to go back home and settle. We’ll start tomorrow, one hour a day, every morning.”

 

“I know. They told me about that million times already.” Jessica exhaled noisily, indicating that she’s not interested with the therapist’s presence.

 

The therapist walked out of Jessica’s room, so embarrassed and she felt chill down to her spine. Jessica showed her cold aura on purpose, feeling irritated on how the therapist looks like.

 

“Kim Hyoyeon, one of the best therapists in the country. She graduated with honor at a prestigious university. She’s outstanding and hundred percent of her patients healed shorter than the expected time frame. So I suggest you shouldn’t act like that in front of her Jessie.” Tiffany read Hyoyeon’s profile out loud, while she paced from left to right.

 

“Fine, fine. I naturally look like this. I can’t help it. I’ll treat her nicer next time.” Jessica said sincerely but her cold natural expression said the opposite.

 

“I already signed the discharge form. We can go home now.” Soojung announced as she came back from fixing the hospital bills and documents.

 

Nurses assisted on carrying Jessica to her new wheel chair and Tiffany volunteered to push it all the way to their van by the back exit so that the media won’t follow them. All the bodyguards in civilian attire carried her things which Soojung bought for her sister and Soojung herself merely followed from behind, way to the back like a princess.

 

“C’mon! What’s wrong with me carrying you up the van?”

 

“Shut up! I can ride on that damn van without you so let me go!”

 

“The patient should just shut up and follow my orders! I’m your boss this time!”

 

“I said I can do it myself! What if you accidentally let go of me and I stumble on the ground?”

 

Soojung looked up from playing on her phone as she heard Jessica and Tiffany fighting in front of the opened van. She sighed at their childish argument yet again. Jessica who is sitting on her wheel chair is resisting on being carried to enter the van while Tiffany is forcing herself to carry her on a bridal way as Jessica is struggling on pushing her away.

 

“Seriously unnie, stop being stubborn and let Fany-unnie carry you. You guys will be living together so expect that she’ll do more of this when you’re together. Or would you rather be carried by our creepy looking bodyguards?” Soojung rolled her eyes and entered the van first, passing by the both of the older women.

 

“I know right Soojung! So Jessie, let me carry you. It’s just a matter of ten seconds.” Tiffany smirked in victory and again stretched out her arms, ready to accept Jessica’s delicate body.

 

“Fine!” Jessica blushed and wrapped her one of her arms around Tiffany’s shoulders.

 

“Woah, she’s so light.” Tiffany thought while carrying her going inside the van. She carefully placed her on her seat and locked her seatbelt before finding a seat for herself.

 

All throughout the ride, Jessica kept her silence as her attention was focused outside, watching the people walking on the sidewalks. Tiffany wanted to break that silence but Soojung kicked her hard from the backseat, asking to let her sister be and leave her alone using her eyes and mouth to deliver her words.

 

“We’re here Jessie.” Tiffany lightly tapped Jessica’s shoulders.

 

“I know.” Jessica replied low.

 

Tiffany did the same thing; she carried Jessica out of the van and placed her on the wheel chair that her bodyguards prepared in haste. The guards only stayed on the 1st floor for Jessica doesn’t want to be followed by them on her private life. The three of them only went through to the 5th floor until they reached Jessica’s place, and Tiffany reminisced the last time she visited the place. It was on Jessica’s birthday and the time she unknowingly fell in love with her.

 

“Where are my things by the way? I haven’t changed since yesterday.” Tiffany asked as she realized her things are nowhere to be found in the living room or even in the kitchen.

 

“Soojung moved all of it to my room.” Jessica replied and controlled her wheel chair alone, leaving the stunned Tiffany by the entrance.

 

“We’re supposed to share my room unnie but I told her it would be better if she’ll share her room with you instead because of her works. As her personal assistant, you have to be with her unnie.” Soojung explained but smiled with a tease towards Tiffany’s stunned look.

 

Tiffany shook her head off to remove all the thoughts that popped out in her mind. She belatedly followed Jessica who’s already inside her room. And there, she finally met with her things boxed on a corner.

 

“Luna just got everything from your apartment. She left nothing in there so probably she missed nothing but the thick dust on your floor mat and the stinky smell of your bedsheets.” Jessica said.

 

“That’s so mean of you Jessie!” Tiffany pouted. Then she thought of a revenge for her mean words and said, “You probably smell worse than my bedsheets Jessie! You haven’t taken a bath for more than a week now and you can’t take a shower until you can stand on your own! Stinky Jessie!”

 

Jessica roared at Tiffany’s tease as she’s seen sticking her tongue out. “Shut up!”

 

“But wait…” Tiffany started digging on her boxes and noticed some things are missing, “Where are my bed sheets, my pillow, and my mirror?”

 

“Ah. I told Luna to throw them away.”

 

“What? No way! I can’t sleep without them Jessie! Plus, those things have my favorite shade of pink so I can’t live without them!” Tiffany claimed.

 

“And that’s why I asked her to throw it away because of the color! Pink is a big no in my place! Cutesy is should be out of my coverage and anything flashy should be thrown away! Everything should be classy and neutral.” Jessica grossed out by just thinking of the things she hated the most.

 

“Then I won’t be able to survive Jessie!” Tiffany whined and rolled back and forth on the floor while kicking her feet up the air.

 

“Are you a grade school kid Tiff? Those kinds of things don’t suit you anymore.” Jessica rolled her eyes and turned her back.

 

“I can’t do this.” Tiffany sobbed that made Jessica to turn her wheel chair around again to face her. “I can’t live like this.”

 

“Oh my God…” Jessica sighed and closed her eyes in disbelief.

 

“I can’t work without anything pink with me. I can’t focus without pink around me.” Tiffany continues on sobbing over the loss of her pink things.

 

“And I can’t focus on my work with pink around me Tiff! It’s so annoying like hell! Damn, what’s with that color that you like it so much?” Jessica asked irritated at Tiffany’s cry of pink.

 

“Pink is my life Jessie.”

 

“Are you serious?” Jessica moved her wheel chair closer to the sulking Tiffany at the corner of her room beside her boxes.

 

Tiffany nodded, “But if it’s Jessie’s rule then I’ll—“

 

“Okay stop!” Jessica cut her off with a defeated yell and scratched the back of her head. “Your pink things are in Soojung’s room. I didn’t throw them away! Are you happy now? Satisfied? Will that stop you from sobbing like five-year-old brat?”

 

“Really?” Tiffany clasped her hands together and her eyes sparkled.

 

“You’re so stubborn! You’re so obsessed with pink that I had to give up and chew in my pride for that damn color! But make sure you won’t fill my room with that damn color and don’t you dare to plan on painting my room with pink! I’ll remove that damn color from the official list of colors in the world if you do!” Jessica cursed the color but never cursed her personal assistant.

 

Tiffany got awed with how understanding Jessica is. She approached her and pulled her for a hug as she knelt down to fit her embrace perfectly. “You’re the best Jessie!”

 

“L-let me go Tiff!” Jessica hid her cheeks tinted with red and pushed Tiffany away from her. “Just go and set up your things! And so that we can start working right away! I still have to work!” She turned around for the last time to avoid being caught blushing over Tiffany’s sweet actions.

 

Tiffany obeyed and happily sprang out of their room to gather all her pink things on Soojung’s room. There, she saw Soojung standing in front of her study table, with a picture frame of a happy family on top of it, beside her thick books and notes. Though the door is opened wide, Tiffany still knocked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter