Chapter 4: Behind The Success

My Single Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 4  Behind The Success

 

Successful people are not born successful. They are born with hardships, adversities, sufferings and challenges that are waiting for them. Along the path they have chosen to stride on, it gets rough and everything is not pure rainbows and unicorns. There are successful people who are struggling along the way of their success but their perseverance keeps them going just like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates whose stories were told to everyone. However, there are also successful people who chose not to expose their past, their stories that made them who are they at the present time.

 

“Good morning. I’m Seo Juhyun, but call me Seohyun.” An innocent woman wearing white glamorous dress greeted Tiffany who arrived at a private condominium unit wearing her typical jeans, sneakers and white shirt with her pink coat.

 

“Uhm yeah. Jessica Jung told me to be here today.” Tiffany said and showed Jessica’s text message. “Excuse me but… by any chance, are you my trainer?”

 

“Yes unnie.” Seohyun smiled and offered Tiffany to enter her place then went straight to the living room for a short discussion.

 

“Oh my God, she’s younger than I am yet she’ll be teaching me. Am I that bad for Jessica?” Tiffany sighed and mumbled under her breath, thinking that Jessica sent her to a young one because of her incompetence.

 

“I’m sorry. I actually declined when she told me at first but she said you’ll be an interesting unnie for me, so I accepted it.” Seohyun explained and served a cup of tea for Tiffany.

 

“An interesting unnie, huh?” Tiffany smiled, feeling like as if she was praised by her president.

 

“Unnie, since it’s already the end of January and you’ll train for two months, I guess you’ll officially start your work around April. Please be patient.” Seohyun formally bowed her head.

 

“Y-yeah. I have no choice but to train because I’m honestly dumb and clueless with the job I just accepted. C-can you at least tell me background of the job?” Tiffany shyly scratched the back of her head.

 

“As a personal assistant, you’ll have to stay beside her all the time. If she stays over night at the office then you also have to. If she goes on a trip abroad for their businesses, then you have to be with her too. If she goes on a vacation, it’s up to her if she wants you to tag along or not. Most of the times, Sica-unnie likes to be alone for her free time or vacation. She’s usually silent during her work, so you have to get used to it also.” Seohyun explained briefly and Tiffany jotted down all of it on her pink notebook.

 

“I don’t know if I can get along with her well. I mean, I’m loud and she’s not. My pronunciation is a bit off also and I think she’s irritated by it. Only my best friend Taeyeon can handle and laugh my weird side.”

 

“That’s why you have to train unnie. You’ll learn everything from me, so don’t worry. I’ll tell you everything I know about Sica-unnie if you can pass the training in two months. This training is also free since Sica-unnie requested it herself. I usually ask for fee for unknown customers.” Seohyun winked.

 

“Oh thanks. How did you know her by the way? How did you meet?” Tiffany asked out of her curiosity.

 

“I took up Business Management and Sica-unnie and Yuri-unnie were my seniors. We attended the same university. They were still so carefree back then. They were so accommodating to their juniors and everyone looked up to them, especially Sica-unnie. She also mentored Yoona-unnie before she graduated.”  

 

“Yoona? Im Yoona? The popular model? She’s a big time! So Jessica knows her. That’s cool…” Tiffany questioned.

 

Seohyun awkwardly looked away and stood up to avoid Tiffany’s suspicious question. “A-anyway, we have to start your training unnie. We shouldn’t be wasting time.” With that, Tiffany ignored her own questions, as she thought knowing someone that’s not connected to her doesn’t need an attention.

 

On the other hand, the president Jessica Jung just had a meeting with each department’s head. Being on a meeting makes Jessica tired easily for her brain is being squeezed on every sentence and complains that she gets. It’s not her thing to face a lot of people but decides to face it in the end for the sake of professionalism. With a lot of papers and documents to be signed under on her hand, she makes her way to her office for another set of works.

 

“Where’s Yuri?” Jessica asked her secretary as she entered the office.

 

“She’s at her office, but she hasn’t come out since she arrived. She’ll have a meeting with branch managers later this afternoon maybe that’s why she hasn’t come out yet. I heard she’ll tag along Sooyoung and Sunny with her also for wider worldwide promotions.” Luna informed.

 

“That’s unusual of her. She usually makes noise around my office when she’s free, as if it’s her habit.” Jessica stopped halfway from walking to her office chair and made a U-turn as she goes to the office across hers, the vice-president’s.  Then she suddenly opened the door wide and witnessed Yuri looking on a picture while sitting properly on her chair.

 

“Don’t you know how to knock?” Yuri was shocked but tries to act calm after a second. “And now it’s you who’s invading my office.”

 

“What are you doing?” Jessica walks closer and snatched away the picture that Yuri’s holding, “Oh… why do you have this?” Then her face somewhat turned dark.

 

It’s a picture after their college graduation ceremony taken at the university’s gate of her, Yuri and a taller woman whose arms are rested on Jessica’s shoulders.

 

“I’ve been keeping that.” Yuri said and snatched back the picture. “Sorry, I hid it from you.”

 

“It’s alright.” Jessica replied with a dark smile.

 

“Do you remember how I became your vice-president?” Yuri let out a soft chuckle when Jessica didn’t utter a reply. Instead, she stayed silent on her place, standing across Yuri with her eyes fixed on the floor. “During your father’s term, he had one but also resigned when he fell ill. When you succeeded him, you couldn’t handle it by yourself so you cried to me asking for help. I agreed to be just your secretary at first, but you opened the vice-president position for me. We were criticized by the gurus, saying we’re too immature for our positions but you proved them wrong.”

 

“Why are you opening that up again?” Jessica asked, a bit of irritation from her voice.

 

“Whenever I look at this picture, I remember our carefree days. The old good days when we were free from the society’s eyes, from their judgment and criticisms, don’t you miss them?” Yuri cited and carefully observes Jessica’s face that’s getting darker by each word she says.

 

“I miss the old days of course.” Jessica’s voice cracked. “Of course I miss them, but that doesn’t mean I have to go back Yuri. I chose this path, you chose to be with me and supported me even if I’m being unreasonable sometimes and I’m thankful for that.”

 

“How about Yoona?” Yuri look daggers at her b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter