Chapter 8: What is Love

My Single Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 8 What is Love

 

Jealousy is the worst kind of feeling a person could feel when they are deeply in love to someone. It causes misunderstanding, anger and unnecessary actions and words towards the person they love. And if jealousy takes over a person's heart, it causes heartache that is inevitable no matter what they do.

 

“Crap! I'm late!” Tiffany jogs fast, almost running as she goes inside the hotel and passing through the lobby with her hair unfixed, her white fitted dress left crumpled by the ends and her ped black satchel.

 

“Good morning, unnie.” Luna greeted with a morning smile as Tiffany successfully arrived at the president's office.

 

“Why didn't you wake me up?” Tiffany complained and flung her tired physique on the couch. “I woke up and found myself all alone at Jessica's place. Why did you guys leave me alone? You should have woke me up early because I needed to go back home to fix myself!”

 

“Sica-unnie told us not to wake you up. And she said it doesn't matter if you'll be late today. She's out anyway.” Luna explained and pointed at Jessica's empty table.

 

“Where is she?”

 

“She didn't tell me unnie. I thought you'll know since you're her personal assistant. Sica-unnie also didn't tell me any task to give you.” Luna said and went back to her own work.

 

“So it's Yoona, huh? So she went to meet with her after all.” Tiffany rolled her eyes with her thoughts, annoyed and mad by the fact that Jessica didn't tell her anything about her schedule for the day.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica drives to the place where Yoona told her to meet, their favorite place back in the days. She parked her car not far from the location and checks her surroundings first before going out of her car. Fortunately, only few are passing by for it's on a narrow street with old houses around the area. She went down wearing only huge sunglasses to cover her eyes and her day-to-day casual red blouse and black jeans.

 

“It's been a while unnie.”

 

Jessica tracks down on a tree house located on the middle of a dying garden with withered flowers and empty plant boxes and trees at the sides cut down. By the tree house, she saw Yoona patiently waiting for her, also wearing casually with minimal disguise using only a cap.

 

“I almost didn’t recognize you. You look matured now.” Jessica climbed up to meet her and together at last after years of separation. She cautiously filled the empty space adjacent to Yoona to evade any discomfort between them as much as possible.

 

“Really? I was kind of expecting you’ll say that.” Yoona shyly said.

 

“This place is so nostalgic. I didn’t expect that this tree house would still be here after all these years.” Jessica said as she let her eyes wonder around the small old tree house.

 

“It's funny, don't you think unnie? We secretly meet to avoid the public. Unlike before, we always come here to spend time together without worrying about what the world thinks about us.” Yoona said as she recollected the past, playing with her hands by her lap and her head dropped down.

 

There was a silence for a moment. Both of them just remained seated until Jessica noticed Yoona’s restless hands on her lap. That’s when she realized that Yoona is more nervous than she is at the minute.

 

“Soojung told me everything yesterday.” Jessica started to break the quietness. “You don't have to worry about Yuri and me. We'll get through it someday. Maybe we just need some time apart.”

 

“I just feel guilty unnie. I know it's my fault why Yuri-unnie turned out like that. I feel responsible for it. I was aware of her feelings yet I pushed myself to you. Now it’s like this. I caused all of this mess and I just can’t ignore it.” Yoona closed her eyes in embarrassment and guilt.

 

“You're not at fault Yoona. Please don’t blame yourself.” Jessica breathed out heavily and finally turned her apologetic eyes towards Yoona. Then she said, “It's me. I was aware of her feelings towards you too yet I still went out with you and gave you false hope. I was so dumb too. I also somehow knew that Yuri stayed with me because of you. I had the feeling it was like that all along.”

 

“Knowing you unnie, you’re too nice to reject people. But then maybe that’s the reason why I fell in love with you and maybe that’s why it hurts.” Yoona bit her lower lip and tries hard to hold back her tears.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jessica uttered and heaved another sigh of remorse and carries on, “I loved you Yoona and that's the truth but it's not the same as the love you're giving me. The love I felt towards you was only as a friend, as a sister that I want to protect. Just like Yuri, I want to protect the two of you because I love you both. The two of you are there for me from the very start.”

 

“You don't have to put it in words unnie. It's awkward. It's my first time to hear you explaining about your feelings.” Yoona chuckled but felt a tear coming out from her eye and in a split second, the single tear turned into a silent yet heavy cry of pain.

 

“I'm sorry Yoona. You're now a fully grown strong woman like us, I chose to mentor you because I know you have this potential and I was right. Look at you now; you're a world class model.” Jessica cupped her face concealed with tears to calm her down for a bit.

 

“Thanks to you, I am what I am now. I'm right here in this place because of you and Yuri-unnie.” Yoona sobbed and firmly grips on Jessica's hands that are cupped on her face.

 

“Still, I'm so sorry. Actually I've been thinking since Soojung told me you'll be here. I was thinking if I won't clear things up, I'll just be prolonging your pain and agony then I'll just feel guilty it. I'm sorry. I know I should have said these things before but I was too scared to hurt you. I’m so sorry.” Jessica could only keep on explaining her side and apologizing nonstop while looking at the pain on Yoona's tearful eyes.

 

“Unnie. You've changed a lot. You're starting to become talkative. You're not mute anymore. I wonder what changed you.” Yoona let out a fragile laugh out of her wet lips as she tries to halt her weary emotions.

 

Jessica returned her laugh with her repentant sneer and said, “What can I do for you to forgive me? I’ll do anything for you to forgive me.”

 

“You don’t have to do anything unnie. Meeting you today is enough. At least you came here for me and had a proper talk despite of being busy with your work. I’ll be fine now.” Yoona forced out a wider smile to cover her pain and hurtful feelings.

 

“But I can’t just leave you here, right? How can I leave a top model wondering around alone?” Jessica stood up and stretched out her hands to Yoona. “I don’t want you to hold grudge on me for the rest of your life. Let’s spend some time together while you’re still here, as friends. Besides, there’s something that we have to do.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“It’s Yuri. Let’s look for her together and let’s get her back to us. She’ll be happy if she’ll see you again. Let’s restore what was once lost but I can’t do it alone.” Jessica confidently smiled and once again stretched out her hands to Yoona.

 

“Sure unnie. Thank you.” Yoona nodded and accepted Jessica’s warm arms as she gently pulled her for a friendly hug. 

 

Tiffany on the contrary remains jobless until she sees the sun slowly sets as the rays' reflect are slowly disappearing from the open glass wall. Zoning out at the time, everyone from different offices has already gone home, including Luna who just paved goodbye to her. And the same routine happened for consecutive days as not even a single call was made. Eventually, Jessica didn't appear anywhere despite of Tiffany waiting for long hours at her office.

 

“Ex-lover…” Tiffany frowns as she pours her glass full alcoholic beverage. Taking one full shot, she chatters, “I should have just asked her about that woman. Why am I bothered anyway? I'm her personal assistant, so maybe I have the right to know where she's going and what she's doing if she’s not around during working hours. She's ditching out from work because of an ex-lover who wants to meet her. That's so unprofessional!”

 

Tiffany finally decided to leave the office to hang out with her workmates Sooyoung and Sunny on a night club. Tiffany keeps on ranting and takes shots nonstop, from one glass to another. The loud banging sound of club music makes her want more of the drinks while watching people dancing on the hot dance floor.

 

“Maybe I should call her. Or maybe not. What if she's actually in danger and not with that woman? What something happened to her?” Tiffany started to get senseless and takes another shot of her drinks then orders another bottle. “But then what if she's busy having a good time with an ex-lover?” She continued.

 

“Yah! You're completely drunk Fany.” Sooyoung barked to her ears and snatched the glass away from her.

 

“I'm not! Just let me drink a lot this time! I’m having a lot of problems you know!” Tiffany denied but her voice is so wobbly that they almost didn't und

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter